Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,370 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss (3510 Views)

Weightloss Products: Iaso Detox Slimming Tea! Total Life Changes / Hidden Secrets of Weightloss with Teas/Supplement; Fasting and Keto weight loss / My Weightloss Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by honiepie: 3:04pm On Aug 29, 2013
weightloss for me has been a hurrible yo yo experience,from one exercise plan,diet,pill to another,yet i ve never lost beyond a few kilos.its fraustrating but am nt willin to giv up jus yet.i decided to aproach it a diffrent way,after reading the a write up from foreign expert nutitionists and scientist.view the link.
fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/healthy-eating/nutrition/health-benefits-of-yogurt/
nowloss.com/weight-loss-drinks.htm
it is claimed that yougourt burns fat super fast and ice cold water is another plus.join me as we go on a 3mnths diet,based on yougourt,ice cold water,very delicious smoothies(based on fruit and vegetables)no mata ur reason for wntin to lose weight,fashion & trend,fertility & conception,diabetes or jus to keep fit,i shall be posting weeking,smoothies,drinks and cocktails thats tailored to benefit everyone tring to lose weight.BE MY GUEST;U HV NOTHING TO LOSE BUT WEIGHT:cheerz,Honiepie

3 Likes

Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by prettyLee01: 12:37pm On Aug 30, 2013
this sounds exciting and more like a weightloss challenge,its good yougourt is believed to drastically aid weightloss,i really love yougourt.the smoothies are another big hit for me,because am really lazy with the gym,though i have a large size german mastiff dog who i regularly work,probably i might have to increase the distance we cover strolling or probably we could run sometime,lol,my current weight is 105kgs,desired weight is 65kgs,its a long way,but am willing to stick around and lose all the weight.am 5ft 6inchs,mixed breed malaysian/american,married to a nigerian,my reason for wanting to lose weight is on doctors advice.thank you.
Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by honiepie: 3:53pm On Aug 30, 2013
welkom on board pretty lee,wat has your weightloss experience being like?mine has bn huuuurrrrribbbble,hahaha,its bn a yoyo experience in d real sense of d word.well finally i ve kind of figured out somefin dat seems to b workin for me,after sooooooo many yrs of tring out new products,pills,fad diets bla bla bla,i hate workin out so i try to cut corners.check my log and how i lost 6kgs in 8days.
I incoperated yougourt into my meals,reduced my calorie intake and walk for about 20mins a day.i hope dis wud wok for a lil longer,most times my weightloss drops in wk 2 nd i never go beyond dat.
Current weight 82kgs
desired weight 70kgs
diet start off date:22nd aug.2013
have lost 6kgs todate-30th aug 2013
log:breakfast a glass of chilled tigernut milk
lunch,i made banana nd lettuce smoothie
3 leaves lettuce
1 leaf spinach
1 large finger banana
1 apple
2scoops greek yougourt
quarter cup almond milk
quarter cup tigernut milk
1 tomato
blend togeda,drink chilled.
I used sweetened almond,though unsweetened is better.
Hope to walk for 20mins latter dis evening.
For dinner hope to eat rice with letuce and tomato sauce.(ie i use c.a.n.o.l.a oil 4 my fries)
Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by uzoo: 5:36pm On Aug 30, 2013
@Prettylee01
Thanks for the invitation from the FOOD section.

About Yoghurt,Here's the thing- My belly and Yoghurt have some sort of love-hate relationship. When i have any sort of yoghurt whether its plain yoghurt or pro biotic ,i get seriously bloated and it can be like this for a day or two so this makes me really uncomfortable.
But when i make smoothies with it ( say 3 or 4 ounces of yoghurt into the fruit mix) then its fine .

As for bananas ,i used to be an addict but i stopped because i can't seem to find healthy ones in lagos.
Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by honiepie: 6:39pm On Aug 30, 2013
hi uzoo hw r u doin?u r welkom on board,never knew some ppl r sensitive to yougourt,i lov it in smoothie,and i feel its contributed immensely to my weightloss.are yu still trin to lose?wats yur current weight nd wat r ur diet nd weightloss regimen?
Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by berrykiss: 6:53pm On Aug 30, 2013
hi @honiepie,uzoo n' pretty.this is just what i ve bn looking for,a group to work with and achieve weightloss.i would have posted my start off pix but unfortunately i stopped taking pix in about ayear becos i hate jus hw fat my cheeks r,lol.but certainly down the lane i hope to,once d weight start dropping off pound by pound.needless to say i ve tried shedding weight over nd over,actually since i left high school,especially lagos life style keeps one to busy to even think of eating right nor dietin nd exercising.
Start off weight 90kgs
desired weight 65kgs.
I hope to dust my liquidizer or blender to start makin our weightloss smoothies.i suggest u post each days smoothie recipie ahead of time so we cud make provision 4 it.am xcited.
Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by Hollyb(f): 7:50pm On Aug 30, 2013
Am in, start of weight is 61kg am hoping to drop down to 55 or 50kg
Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by yugeeteam(f): 9:33am On Aug 31, 2013
Hello ladies,loosing weight has been so so difficult for me over the years but ever since I was introduced to skinny fiber last month am amazed at how much weight I hv lost without having to change my diet or exercie(though its ok to add little exercise to it if u ve got time)...u can enter your details in this site n learn more http://yugee.onebigpowerline.com
While trimming my body am also fattening my pocket...join me pple Look Trim and Rich! http://YUGEE.RichAndTrim.com or call 08028368655
Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by honiepie: 10:35am On Aug 31, 2013
hollyb,yugeeteam nd berry kiss you are all welkom on board.i believe we all have a single goal and that is to LOSE WEIGHT,so we hope to do everything healthy,intresting and rewarding just to see the weight dropping off.like you read earlier we intend to do it naturally.so we need to get ready with our shoppin list nd basket,dnt worry it wont be too xpensive,am sure u will b glad to see yur beautiful body trim and fit.heres our shopping list.(thats things we wud be needing throughout the weightloss challenge.
1)fat free yougourt(greet yougourt preferably)
2)almond milk(unsweetened)
3)tiger nut milk(the yellow type preferably)
4)banana(atleast one finger a day)
5)medium size ripe paw paw
6)one apple a day
7)two fresh tomato daily
coolmango(not daily;as d need arise)
9)cruciferous leafy vegs(lettuce,celery,parsley,cauliflower etc)all these are sold in salad shops(they r used in preparing salad.
10)atleast two littres of water.
11)a blender(for blending the smoothies.)
12)yur fridge to chill the smoothie before drinking.
The game here is combine atleast two vegs with about 4 to 5 fruits and use about a quarter glass of almond milk as base for the smoothie.ALWAYS add atleaste 2 scoops of yougourt to your daily smoothie and drink chilled,not latter than 10mins after yu brought it out from the fridge.
Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by honiepie: 12:52pm On Aug 31, 2013
another tips and trick of weightloss is called called ''the water trick diet''drink atleaste 2littres of water 30mins b4 eating yur dinner, or any other food yur might wish to eat during d day,but never b4 takin a smoothie,u r expected to finish yur 8oz(a glass)of smoothie each time,drinkin water 30mins b4 ur meal wil fool ur brain into blivin yu hv eaten alot,so this will reduce the amount of food u will eat.check my initial post to hv an idea of the quantity of fruits and vegs to use 4 ur smoothie.
Heres an example of my last night dinner log.i drank 2 littres of water 30mins b4 my dinner of lil rice and skinned chicken soup(pepper soup)i stuffed d pepper soup with a few of my cruciferous veggies(a few leafs of lettuce,spinach,tomato,onion)i shredded and stired them into my boiling pepper soup last min to putting the pot down.(pls take note i used skinned indegineous chicken,okuko igbo)yu can actually use anytype of meat,fish etc once its low calorie and contains minimal fat.remember this is a CHALLENGE,yu can lose the most weight combinning ur recipies correctly.pls weigh every morning and share online,this would encourage other participants.yu can share online as well hw u combined ur smoothie and ur food log 4 d day.i wil share a link to low calorie foods,veggies nd fruits.so it wil be easy for u to knw hw much calorie u eat each time.cheers,wish yu a superfast,delicious & fabulous weightloss.Honiepie
Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by doyinluv(m): 2:25pm On Aug 31, 2013
Guys I know how it is to feel the way you guys are feeling.Weight loss/ muscle gain is just a story of knowledge vs wisdom.Most of us go through a lot of knowledge gaining experience yet we don't put it to effective use.I lost 18kg in 2 months only by working on my mind vs body a thing I learnt during my personal trainer certification course.We set into motion without a plan and milestone to achieve a goal.My online instructor said weight loss is not for everybody just like success is not for all.some can jog for nigeria some can lift aso rock yet they wont achieve their aim.What happens most time is we use a planless plan to want to achieve a meaningful gain.I am not against smoothies as a matter of fact I am about starting it.But Like I said we need to understand our body and tune our mind to it to achieve desirable result and realistic result.
Please find my picture like I put it in on my own post to see if people believe in setting goals and achieving it.Wisdom is when you put the knowledge we have at hand into effective use.

I am welcoming you all to take a survey i designed for most of my testimonial students who are interested to take the survey and I would design an Implementation chart for you based on the information you give and also milestone to notice effectiveness or not. here is the link to the survey and here are my pics

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/N5C3SSW

Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by honiepie: 9:35am On Sep 01, 2013
@ doyin,haha r u sure u understand hw i feel,jeeze its very crazy.bt am doin ok,little by little am sheddin.it seems my smoothies r workin reasonably for me.
Yesterdays log,breakfast toast bread,almond butter,2 egg whites and hot almond milk.
Lunch smoothie
dinner cnt remember hahaha,though i did my 30mins water trick diet b4 my dinner.
Checked weight this mornin,dropped 1.0kgs.thank GOD.@ holly b,wats up wit u?hv u started?any progress?
Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by berrykiss: 11:58am On Sep 01, 2013
hello,@ hollyb,yugeeteam and doyin you are all welcome.i feel better and lighter,everyone seem to be complimenting my new look.my hubby(lives far from us) on bbm early this mornin even noticed a tremendous change,because i wore a short he bought for me last year which has never fitted and he kept yabbing me,that he never knew i was so fat.this mornin he saw me wearin it,lol,i feel gud.
Breakfast drank water to church
lunch offcourse my smoothie
havnt checked my weight yet,will buy a scale tomorrow.@honiepie thank you for the kid friendly smoothie recipies,my daughter love love love it.will post my weightloss so far once i get a scale.i hope to log my dinner latter tonight.
Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by Hollyb(f): 5:35pm On Sep 01, 2013
Breakfast water, lunch 2 slice of wheat bread wit d smoothie. Exercise 200 jump rope and 45 sec plank. Pls can i include cabbage in my soothie or eat it raw
Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by honiepie: 7:10pm On Sep 01, 2013
hey peepz,hwz everyone doing?i had a pretty long intresting day.@holly b,yes yu can increase ur cruciferous veg.cabbage is included bt dnt eva increase the fruits.u r doin well,check ur weight in d mornings @ about 9am after visitin d loo.always remember to do the water diet trick,that is drink 2littres of water 30mins b4 dinner,this wud make u eat less.try n eat b4 6pm
Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by honiepie: 7:19pm On Sep 01, 2013
todays log tigernut milk
lunch smoothie
dinner water diet trick,30mins latter had boiled irish potato and salad with fish.
The trick is keep ur meal between 500 nd 800 calories daily and try and burn atleaste between 100 and 200 calories daily.its easy.@pretty where r yu hiding?hahaha hope u r nt cheatin?
Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by SurefunmiOluwa(f): 9:11pm On Sep 01, 2013
Welldone evryone. How are You guyz doing?
Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by Hollyb(f): 10:36pm On Sep 01, 2013
honiepie: hey peepz,hwz everyone doing?i had a pretty long intresting day.@holly b,yes yu can increase ur cruciferous veg.cabbage is included bt dnt eva increase the fruits.u r doin well,check ur weight in d mornings @ about 9am after visitin d loo.always remember to do the water diet trick,that is drink 2littres of water 30mins b4 dinner,this wud make u eat less.try n eat b4 6pm
don't rily lyk water that much but i drank abt 1 litre of water before eating a little wrap of wheat wit lots of ewedu soup. Hope am stil in line sha
Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by justwinnie: 4:00am On Sep 02, 2013
Officially joining the smoothie club wit a shout out to d queen of smoothie(Honiepie) happy birthday dear.I pray for a bigger you as u start anoda chapter of ur life.. Cheers
Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by honiepie: 8:51am On Sep 02, 2013
hahaha @ winnie nd funmi,yu r welkom ma darlyns.tnkx 4 bumping in.we are doin our best to shed d extra meats here n dere,haha.u cn start d smoothie jus d way u feel comfortable,more veg than fruits.reduce ur ur calorie intake seriously,dependin on hw much weight u wish to shed.basically u can eat fried egg white in d mornin(pls use canola oil,coconut oil is very fatty so abstain frm it if on weightloss or ttc)spinach,lettuce,cabbage,cauliflower,khale are powerfully low calorie cruciferous plant,good 4 ttc,weightloss etc.dnt eat more than 2 slices of wheatbread in d morning,with a glass of almond milk or any green tea or low calorie tea of ur choice.always do the smoothie in d afternoons,then the water trick diet 30mins b4 ur dinner.eat ur dinner b4 6pm.our target is to lose weight d healthy way.so incoperate fat free,non fat or greek yougourt into ur smoothie and a scoop or two after dinner wont hurt.also remember to do light exercise daily.@holly b dear,haha u dnt lik water?pls try ur best to drink 2littres of water not at once,spred it within the last 30mins b4 u eat.it will also help in cleansin ur colon.certainly makin weightloss easier.wheat nd ewedu is on point,bt make sure u r checkin quantity.
Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by Moyinoluwa83: 4:01pm On Sep 02, 2013
@honeypie, glad i found this thread today. You are doing a great job. I am starting my smoothies today o.

I plan to use the following fruits and vegetables. What should be the quantity for each pls

Cabbage, lettuce, apple, banana, tiger nut milk and yogurt.

thanks
Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by Hollyb(f): 5:28pm On Sep 02, 2013
Todays log: breakfast 1 boiled egg and 2 glasses of water, afternoon my smoothie wit cabbage included. Exercise 200 jump ropes, 45 bicycle exercise, and 30 sec plank. Dinner: wil be drinking wheat wit skimmed milk
Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by honiepie: 8:48pm On Sep 02, 2013
@moyin u r sooo welkom,yea start yur smoothie d way u r comfortable,if u stuff ur greens(thats leafy veg too much)at d begining u will soon get bored,so increase over time.lets say on a daily bases.do this untill u r fully aquinted wit d vegs.well start with one of each fruit,pls never use a whole avacado at a time.use lots of tomato lik 2 or more,a finger of banana etc,always use almond as ur base or water sometimes if u wish.drink chilled almost as soon as yu get it out from the fridge.never miss out spinach,cabbage,lettuce,cauliflower in ur daily smoothie,if u cant get all jus try nd get three each time.cheeeeez,wishin u a sweet smooth weightlosss.pls giv us ur start off weight nd desired weight.read d initial posts,it will help guid u tru.@holly b,awesome,hey babes yu r doin greatly.hv u checked ur weight? Or yu wish to check weekly?.cheerz darlyn keep it up.@winnie n funmi wats up?hv u started?hw is it goin?@doyin nd yugeeteam hw una side?abeg yu guys shud log.@preetylee isnt feeling fine,hope she gets well soon.@berry,hmm u ve turned to a model,haha come nd tell us hw its going,did u get d scale today?.i will b bk in a sec to log.cheerz.
Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by SurefunmiOluwa(f): 11:12am On Sep 03, 2013
Somebody help me ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo , ℓ̊ don't like this smoothies atall please whatelse can ℓ̊ take instead,they are scattering my tummy can ℓ̊ be eating them one by one pleeaaassseee, ℓ̊ don't like food either. Please help me ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo

My weight now Is 82kg from 91kg started since July,

My log
Bf- lipton tea
Lunch and Dinner still thinking.
Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by honiepie: 12:05pm On Sep 03, 2013
hello morning everyone,hope u had a gud night rest?mine was cool,had a tiring day yesterday so i dozed off immediately.@fumi tnk u 4 ur gracious prayers,yu will never lack in jesus name.wats d smoothie doing to ur stomach?nd hw did u combine ur fruits nd veg?is it purging u or aching?pls feel us in.
I learnt one funny trick yesterday.i dnt knw hw viable it is,bt common sense makes it sound ok.we all knw hot water opens up our pores,lik in d salon we steam b4 applyin cosmetics,that way d skin open to absorb d cosmetic,but in d case of weightloss u bath ot steam ur whole body with hot water,wen ur skin pores open you can workout,u sweat more and lose weight wit open pores,after workin out u den bath with very cold water to shut d pores and continue ur days activities.wat do u tink?true or false?we need ur opinion.
Todays log,breakfast cornflakes nd almond milk,sweetened wit stevia.i heard stevia is d best form of sugar 4 even diabetics seconded by molasses.
Lunch half cup of greek yougourt(500g cup)
hope to drink ma smoothie tonight,i'd do my water trick diet b4 or after d smoothie,since am not eating.

4 Likes

Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by berrykiss: 2:49pm On Sep 03, 2013
Hiya,hw is everyone doing?my little daughter had a cold so i was busy with her all yesterday.i see we have a new strategy to weightloss,steaming or hot bath before workout,this is a terrific idea,i think it wont hurt to try.but i hardly have time to workout except on saturdays because of work.this is an easy idea to sweating out the fat i guess.goodnews,i ve got a scale now.
Todays log b.f drank natural orange juice
Lunch smoothie with strawberry,apples,blueberries,banana,lettuce, nd spinach,paw paw,tomato,about 250grams fat free yougourt,am hittin it hard,lol,my abdomen dosnt feel too full at bedtime anymore.i also increased my general water intake to help flush the intestine etc.i plann on eating green plantain porridge tonight.@holly b kudos,welcome to our newbies,
Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by prettyLee01: 6:36pm On Sep 03, 2013
initial weight 105kg
current weight 101kg
hello,log ,i woke up @ 6am and did some exercise and aerobics,then i came home and had my breakfast,egg white and fish batter with almond milk
lunch smoothie,nectarine,honey dew melon,apples,peach,banana,lettuce,yougourt,tomato and cauliflower.
30minutes before dinner will do water trick diet,and eat irish potato and salad for dinner.will give the hot steam bath a try tomorrow before exercise.
Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by Hollyb(f): 6:52pm On Sep 03, 2013
Well done everyone. Today's log: bf water, lunch, little quantity of beans dinner soothie of cabbage, lettuce, pumpkin, banana pine apple and yogurt wit a little water melon. Did just a little aerobics today no jump rope was feeling a little dizzy
Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by prettyLee01: 8:23pm On Sep 03, 2013
hi
Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by Moyinoluwa83: 5:08pm On Sep 04, 2013
Hi everyone. Hope we are doing great.

@Honeyie tnx for the answer. Did you make your almond milk or did you buy it? I was unable to get non-fat yougurt o. I hope i can use unsweetened from farm fresh. Also didn't get cauliflower so bought broccoli, is it ok?

Initial weight-70kg
current weight-68kg
Target weight-65kg

smoothie log day 1
3 lettuce leafs
1 cup cabbage
1 carrot
1 apple
1 banana
1/2 cup unsweetened yogurt (farm fresh)
1/2 cup tiger-nut milk

Smoothie Log day 2
3 lettuce leafs
1 cup cabbage
1 carrot
1/2 apple
1 banana
3 strawberries
1/2 cup unsweetened yogurt (farm fresh)
Re: Smoothies,cocktails,yougourt & Ice Water 4 Weightloss by honiepie: 9:53am On Sep 05, 2013
@moyin welkom bk dear,yes i bought my almond,unsweetend.i heard gettin completely fat free yougourt is abit difficult in nija.then yu can go 4 low fat.yu are on point wit ur smoothie recipie,bt consider that ur yourgourt is nt fat free,it contains lil fat,so tone down ur fruits abit,nd increase veg or stay the way it is wit ur veg.alway do d water trick diet,eat low calorie dinner.its nt advisable to skip breakfast,yu can fav oats,corn flakes with almond milk hot or cold as base,drink tigernuts milk too,u can eat egg white(since one egg white is 17calories)u can hv 2.fry in low fat oil(like canola)never use coconut oil internally,fry or whatever,coconut oil is best as hair oil.

(1) (Reply)

SAD: Meet 19-year Old Girl “jacqui Beck” Who Has No Womb Or Vagina / 8 Healthy Benefits Of Drinking This Tea For 7 Days / Where Can I Get Original Methylated Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.