Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,081 members, 7,957,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:19 AM

My Weightloss Journey - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Weightloss Journey (5711 Views)

Nigerian Weightloss Herbs For Breast Feeding Mothers / Weightloss Products: Iaso Detox Slimming Tea! Total Life Changes / Hidden Secrets of Weightloss with Teas/Supplement; Fasting and Keto weight loss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Weightloss Journey by Nobody: 9:44am On May 17, 2013
yes i have been greatly inspired by monique this morning to get in shape!thus, inorder to be accountable i have decided to share my journey with my fellow nigerians grin
i will report my weigh in every friday.
to accomplish my goal, i will;
*exercise for 30 mins 5 times a week
*drink 8 cups of water a day
*eat healthy and watch my portions
*loose at least 1 kg a month ( if i loose more then AWESOME!)
SW(starting weight):88kg
GW(goal weight):65kg
...so wish me luck!.....and you can join in too if you want
please note i have lost tons of weight before now ( was 110kg before now) but this is my present weight or body size and am still trying to loose excess fat

3 Likes

Re: My Weightloss Journey by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 17, 2013
so far so good.
breakfast» pita bread 1,boiled egg and tomato with black coffee
lunch» 2 mangoes (small ones)
dinner» a piece of baked chicken and a piece of steamed fish(ol boy hunger been wan kill me! couldnt find a decent moin moin around!)

did some 20 mins walk and one set of press up right after work.

day 1.....i felt accomplished today.
Re: My Weightloss Journey by Chicolo(f): 8:07pm On May 17, 2013
Kip it up Dear
Determination is the key and you will get there in no time winkKip it up Dear
Determination is the key and you will get there in no time
Re: My Weightloss Journey by Nobody: 11:19am On May 18, 2013
thanks @chucolo
day 2
BF» 2 eggs...fried in water...its actually tasty( i spiced my h2o when it boiled i broke me eggs added a tea spoon of vineger to take away the ordor of the egg), 0.5 tsp of ketchup and of cos peper...hot one with a slice of whole wheat bread (value bread) and 0.5 tspn of unsalted butter washed it down with 200ml of tea (4 tsp of peak evaporated milk and a tsp of ginger tea thingy)..yumm n filling

exercised by 7.30 am for 30 mins
60 squats,60 weight lifts(filled a 5ltr jerican *dont know the spelling* with sand)
60 jumping jacks, 60 launges,30 press ups and planks held for 20 secs 3 times

Lunch» mango 1 and 200 ml of orange juice
dinner»..omo na suya get me oh!...with onions tomatoes and carbage
then chilled with a hot cup of tea...hehehe. ..love tea!

yup today was okay but didnt get my days water intake.....took only 4 cups
oh well tmrw will do better...

1 Like

Re: My Weightloss Journey by Nobody: 11:41am On May 19, 2013
Day 3...feels like day 30!
BF: 2 boiled eggs and 200ml of tea ( 2 teaspoon of peak evaporated milk n half cube of sugar)
H2O = so far 2cups

craving alert!!! feel like eating plantain chips like really bad.....might have to create space for it!

lunch» 12 table spoon of white rice and 2 tb sp of stew with a piece of chicken (fried)...i know....but it was delish!

fruits water melon n pineapple for snack
danced for exercise

wheeew! didnt eat the plantain chips sha.
Re: My Weightloss Journey by Nobody: 8:14am On May 20, 2013
Day 4!

bf» sandwich ( bread cocumber egg and a tsp of mayo) and a cup of tea (250ml)
starting today amma be practicing mindful eating. its where i do not ristrict any class of food. i eat only when hungry and stop when filled. i savore what i eat enjoy it...you know like the the way bhuddist monks eat. yeah.

Lunch: ahhhh ended up eating my plantain chips today...it was like i went to heaven and back! lolz
Dinner: cous cous 1 cup
snack: Mango 1
Tea...life wont be complete without tea!

Lesson: i kinda of over ate today, the idea of mindfull eating is sure not as easy as it sounds!
so one day at a time
Exercise: burpes and some bollywood dance.. 30 mins
Re: My Weightloss Journey by Nobody: 10:26am On May 21, 2013
Day 5
BF: 1.5 slices of bread, egg and carbage and ....you guessed tea 2 cups of tea 500ml ( biko where am i heading!)
H2O: 7 cups
Dinner: 0.5 cup of rice and steamed veges ( carbage,tomatoes, onions, garlic and chicken)
Re: My Weightloss Journey by sandylee123(f): 10:43am On May 21, 2013
Wow, good luck. I believe this is the healthy way to loss weight and you will success if you can insist on as you planned. Tell us if you did it.
Re: My Weightloss Journey by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 21, 2013
sandylee123: Wow, good luck. I believe this is the healthy way to loss weight and you will success if you can insist on as you planned. Tell us if you did it.
..awwww thank you sandylee!
Re: My Weightloss Journey by bastuch: 12:03am On May 22, 2013
A lot of people make the mistake of saying they want to lose weight. You want to lose the excess body fat and not weight. Losing weight implies losing your muscles and it will be a terrible mistake to lose your muscles. You need all your muscles. Your muscles are like firewood that burns the fat. In fact in an effective fat loss program, you will initially gain weight as your body is developing the muscles needed to enhance fat loss.
Another terrible mistake people make is trying to lose fat by dieting. It doesnt work that way. If you have the tendency to gain fat, you most likely have what is known as Leptin Resistance. Leptin is a hormone produced by the fat cells. It is leptin that informs the brain of the fat status of the body. If the body has extra fat, Leptin informs the brain and the brain, in turn, mobilizes the fat control mechanism of the body to shed the excess fat. If the body has less fat than it should have, the brain knows that from the information supplied by Leptin.
Unfortunately, there could be a communication breakdown between the brain and Leptin. When this happens, the person is said to be Leptin resistant. When one becomes Leptin resistant, the brain is no more getting information from Leptin. The interpretation the brain gives the situation is that there is no more fat in the body. Fat is needed for one to be alive and so when the brain gets the notion there is no fat, to save you, it it puts the body in a permanent fat-making mode - until it hears from leptin again. In this mode, anything you are doing to shed the excess fat will be forcing the body. It is like driving a vehicle that has its hand brakes engaged. The hand brake is saying dont move and you are forcing the car to move. The moment you remove your leg from the gas pedal, the vehicle jerks and stops. So if the body is in a fat-making mode because of Leptin resistance, it is saying dont lose fat. So whatever you are doing to lose the excess fat is FORCING the body. You cannot force the body to do anything without you suffering the consequences sooner or later. So whatever you are doing (dieting, exercise, so called fat burners) cannot achieve any sustainable results as long as you are Leptin resistant. In fact, whatever you lose by forcing the body will be more of your muscles than fat. Muscles weigh more than fat. So initially when you climb the scales, you will notice a reduction of your weight and then you rejoice thinking you are doing the right thing but that joy will be short-lived. The moment you stop, whatever you are doing to the body under leptin resistance will boomerang. First you will reach what is called Plateau where you will not record any further weight loss. The next thing you will notice is rapid gain of fat and you will simply balloon up again. That is why there is massive failure in almost all weight-control programs. Initially you would think you are doing the right thing when you measure your weight on the scale. Please note that you dont even need the scale to measure your success. What you need is a tape and how you dresses fit. People dont notice your weight. What they notice is your size. Someone slim can weigh far more than someone with excess fat. Your weight will eventually come down but not much as fat doesnt weigh much.
So to effectively lose the excess body fat, you must fix the Leptin resistance first. Once that is fixed, the communication between the brain and the fat cells will be restored and the brain will simply switch the body to fat-burning mode and you will effectively and healthily lose the excess body fat. You dont need dieting or even exercise to maintain a lean body mass. Exercise, though, is good for your health and you are encouraged t regularly engage in it. However, it is more important to ensure you are leptin-sensitive and also do something about the thyroid hormones that could also be slowing down your metabolism. Moreover most of the things you listed that you eat arent good enough for effective fat loss. Sebastian.

2 Likes

Re: My Weightloss Journey by ryom(m): 1:44am On May 22, 2013
We need your before picture. You will also need to post serial photographs so we know how you're doing! Anyway good luck with it. I used to weigh 78kg, now I'm 67 kg so it's possible with determination.

1 Like

Re: My Weightloss Journey by Jamesqu(m): 6:51am On May 22, 2013
Best of Luck bro!

Seriously, review the eggs u don't really need them...take your tea plain, no sugar no milk...and lipton is better than cocoa products...trust me u don't need 3 square meals, its a trick...two should do, leave dinner out...u might have to up the exercise time to more than 30mins, u can't do it by yourself and be disciplined, find a gym and get a support group...best of luck!
Re: My Weightloss Journey by Born2beRich1(m): 9:10am On May 22, 2013
Thanks @metamorphus11...Your write up is really good...

Cant wait to hear more and i wish you all the best.
Re: My Weightloss Journey by Nobody: 9:32am On May 22, 2013
bastuch: A lot of people make the mistake of saying they want to lose weight. You want to lose the excess body fat and not weight. Losing weight implies losing your muscles and it will be a terrible mistake to lose your muscles. You need all your muscles. Your muscles are like firewood that burns the fat. In fact in an effective fat loss program, you will initially gain weight as your body is developing the muscles needed to enhance fat loss.
Another terrible mistake people make is trying to lose fat by dieting. It doesnt work that way. If you have the tendency to gain fat, you most likely have what is known as Leptin Resistance. Leptin is a hormone produced by the fat cells. It is leptin that informs the brain of the fat status of the body. If the body has extra fat, Leptin informs the brain and the brain, in turn, mobilizes the fat control mechanism of the body to shed the excess fat. If the body has less fat than it should have, the brain knows that from the information supplied by Leptin.
Unfortunately, there could be a communication breakdown between the brain and Leptin. When this happens, the person is said to be Leptin resistant. When one becomes Leptin resistant, the brain is no more getting information from Leptin. The interpretation the brain gives the situation is that there is no more fat in the body. Fat is needed for one to be alive and so when the brain gets the notion there is no fat, to save you, it it puts the body in a permanent fat-making mode - until it hears from leptin again. In this mode, anything you are doing to shed the excess fat will be forcing the body. It is like driving a vehicle that has its hand brakes engaged. The hand brake is saying dont move and you are forcing the car to move. The moment you remove your leg from the gas pedal, the vehicle jerks and stops. So if the body is in a fat-making mode because of Leptin resistance, it is saying dont lose fat. So whatever you are doing to lose the excess fat is FORCING the body. You cannot force the body to do anything without you suffering the consequences sooner or later. So whatever you are doing (dieting, exercise, so called fat burners) cannot achieve any sustainable results as long as you are Leptin resistant. In fact, whatever you lose by forcing the body will be more of your muscles than fat. Muscles weigh more than fat. So initially when you climb the scales, you will notice a reduction of your weight and then you rejoice thinking you are doing the right thing but that joy will be short-lived. The moment you stop, whatever you are doing to the body under leptin resistance will boomerang. First you will reach what is called Plateau where you will not record any further weight loss. The next thing you will notice is rapid gain of fat and you will simply balloon up again. That is why there is massive failure in almost all weight-control programs. Initially you would think you are doing the right thing when you measure your weight on the scale. Please note that you dont even need the scale to measure your success. What you need is a tape and how you dresses fit. People dont notice your weight. What they notice is your size. Someone slim can weigh far more than someone with excess fat. Your weight will eventually come down but not much as fat doesnt weigh much.
So to effectively lose the excess body fat, you must fix the Leptin resistance first. Once that is fixed, the communication between the brain and the fat cells will be restored and the brain will simply switch the body to fat-burning mode and you will effectively and healthily lose the excess body fat. You dont need dieting or even exercise to maintain a lean body mass. Exercise, though, is good for your health and you are encouraged t regularly engage in it. However, it is more important to ensure you are leptin-sensitive and also do something about the thyroid hormones that could also be slowing down your metabolism. Moreover most of the things you listed that you eat arent good enough for effective fat loss. Sebastian.
thanks for the write up. But am not dieting though. I just eat mindfully ONLY when hungry and quit when filled. I dont restrict anything. I also do mostly body weight (strength) exercise. i have lost some 25kg from 14/09/2011 till date like that i.e is eating when hungry. its just am in a plateau now and want to switch things up to see. so amm correct myself now...i want to loose the remaining excess body fat. Thanks and i will check up on the thyroid stuff too to know what i should do.
Re: My Weightloss Journey by Nobody: 9:34am On May 22, 2013
wow! that amazing! will post pics and a updated every month and thanks
ryom: We need your before picture. You will also need to post serial photographs so we know how you're doing! Anyway good luck with it. I used to weigh 78kg, now I'm 67 kg so it's possible with determination.
Re: My Weightloss Journey by chukkynwob(m): 9:36am On May 22, 2013
@metamorphus11 personally I weigh 95kg which pure obesity as far as I am concerned.

For me my aim is to change my life style completely, for about 2months I stopped eating eba,absolutely no processed sugar,no pasta. I eat yam though instead of potatoes. I cut down my portion by 75% and I am not going to climb the scale till probably three months.

In eating moderation is key

I also jog everyday 1hour straight vary my speed and intensity, I also train on weights 3times in a week.

Infact I'm so determined that I jogged in the rain this morning.

Mr. Metamorphus you are not alone.
Re: My Weightloss Journey by Nobody: 9:41am On May 22, 2013
wow! determination! good for you! yes this is a life style i tell ya! i wish you all the best too!.........am female tho so its Miss metamorphus....hehehe
chukkynwob: @metamorphus11 personally I weigh 95kg which pure obesity as far as I am concerned.

For me my aim is to change my life style completely, for about 2months I stopped eating eba,absolutely no processed sugar,no pasta. I eat yam though instead of potatoes. I cut down my portion by 75% and I am not going to climb the scale till probably three months.

In eating moderation is key

I also jog everyday 1hour straight vary my speed and intensity, I also train on weights 3times in a week.

Infact I'm so determined that I jogged in the rain this morning.

Mr. Metamorphus you are not alone.
Re: My Weightloss Journey by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 22, 2013
thank you
Born 2be Rich: Thanks @metamorphus11...Your write up is really good...

Cant wait to hear more and i wish you all the best.
Re: My Weightloss Journey by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 22, 2013
Day 6

BF:Sandwich( 2 slices of WWB cocumber cabage)and tea. ....8am
H2O 7 cups

dinner» corn and salsa.....6:30pm
snack» plantain.(0.5)..1pm
Re: My Weightloss Journey by ryom(m): 10:00am On May 23, 2013
@op well done! Beware of juice though. They are quite high in calories and they don't really quench thirst or hydrate you. For that you plain old water. Fruits are great however. So eat the raw fruit rather than fruit juice. The best way to lose weight is by controlling caloric intake. From your listed meals I see you are still slightly high on calories in your diet. Running/jogging for 30mis which sounds like a lot of excercise only burns about 250 Cal,- the amount in 2 slices of bread. The best approach to diet modification is portion control but you may as well eliminate certain food items altogether, e.g. Sugar, processed wheat products. Eat lots of greens. Keep up the good work!
Re: My Weightloss Journey by Nobody: 9:11am On May 24, 2013
DAY 7

lost 2pounds
weight: 86.89 kg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*azonto dancing* climbed that scale a gazillion time!
Its a little but am mighty glad
i feel lighter and am having a much better relationship with foodgrin
well yesterday I ate mindfully. I enjoyed what i ate,.... every morsel. I felt my hunger pangs and all.
Learnt in 1timothy 4 how we should not forbid eating of foods that God has blessed us with. This however does not mean one should be a gluton! Just ensure you relate well with food. Now many of you may not understand all the "good relationship" thingy with food. Food is meant to be like fuel to our body. Our body has to actually need food ( be aware of hunger pangs but not too severe that you go on starvation mode)

Most of us just eat...we dont stop and ask " am I really hungry?" or do i feel like eating this doughnut?......in a nutshell am trying to say that we should be mindfull of WHY we eat and quit all this "dont eat that dont eat this"
This is a life style for LIFE. So you cant quit eating certain things to reduce your size and later go back to eating those things again. Take note of people who have lost weight and only to gain it back eg, Oprah, Me, Omotola, Kristy Allen...ther are so many of us. In my humble opinion, relate better with these foods and the food should not control you.
Re: My Weightloss Journey by Romeo4real(m): 5:30pm On May 25, 2013
Well done on your journey. If you need any help or advice, do feel free to drop me a line on my thread - https://www.nairaland.com/293508/certified-fitness-instructor-nutritionist-house
Re: My Weightloss Journey by Nobody: 9:13am On May 27, 2013
week 2

so far so good. am feeling way lighter and i am feeling accomplished when i get in my daily exercise
..okay i dont know if its in my head oh but my clothes feel loose ( i know its too early)...but hey a girl can drean no!
i eat eat way less now and you can give me a pizza and i d be like " no thanks am not hungry" i actually crave clean fresh food now sef that i know i can eat what i want if thats what i genuinely want. so far so good smiley

1 Like

Re: My Weightloss Journey by ifegy: 11:34pm On May 27, 2013
All the best on your journey! Keep it up! You're doing great!
Re: My Weightloss Journey by Nobody: 8:25am On May 28, 2013
@ifegy thanks

bf» fish and plantain. .(0.5) and 200ml of tea
exercise..walked for 30 mins.....meanwhile that burpees got my body aching all over!....jeez aint even funny
Re: My Weightloss Journey by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 29, 2013
day 10
today didnt enjoy mist of my meals today
ate moderately...logged my food today on spark calory counter
did some bollywood dance for 45mins...
so far so good
Re: My Weightloss Journey by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 01, 2013
weghed in and its 86kg today
ltes tank da lord \0/
well me is happy... confident with me body
love when i dance ( my fave exercise)
to top it all up my size is reducing and am more energetic...awesome

bf» moin moin 1 and. ...u guessed it tea
Re: My Weightloss Journey by MsSantaClaus(f): 8:33am On Jun 01, 2013
metamorphus11: wow! determination! good for you! yes this is a life style i tell ya! i wish you all the best too!.........am female tho so its Miss metamorphus....hehehe

Miss metamorphus, great job! It's truly a lifestyle change your embarking on. As someone said here, avoid the packet juices , instead make real fruit and veg smoothies. You can even have Green smoothies with vegetables like lettuce etc, so much healthier n cheap too. Also you may consider changing from white sugar to pure honey for ur tea! Good luck girl, wish you all the best in this awesome journey!

1 Like

Re: My Weightloss Journey by MsSantaClaus(f): 9:06am On Jun 01, 2013
Hi dear, just saw something on juices n smoothies you may be interested in https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=477665828974591&set=a.175262149214962.43659.174022196005624&type=1
Re: My Weightloss Journey by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 05, 2013
k thanks will check it out.....dem block the site for office!.....i hope it will open cos i aint on FB but thanks
MsSantaClaus: Hi dear, just saw something on juices n smoothies you may be interested in https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=477665828974591&set=a.175262149214962.43659.174022196005624&type=1
Re: My Weightloss Journey by tunesoft(m): 7:21am On Jun 07, 2013
Where u @ lady..didn't see u here yesterday...some of us following nd drawing inspiration u know....waiting
Re: My Weightloss Journey by MsSantaClaus(f): 10:47pm On Jun 08, 2013
metamorphus11: k thanks will check it out.....dem block the site for office!.....i hope it will open cos i aint on FB but thanks

Your welcome, I'm sure it's going well, keep at it and well done.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bauchi Discharges 9 COVID-19 Patients Today / 3 Best Multivitamins For Babies And Toddlers ... Mothers tell us your experience / Where Can I Buy This Drug Zyvox Tablet 600 Mg.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.