Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

How To Calculate Your Body Mass Index (BMI) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Calculate Your Body Mass Index (BMI) (3036 Views)

How To Calculate Your Body Mass Index (BMI) / Body Mass Index Calculator: find out if you are normal weight or overweight / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Calculate Your Body Mass Index (BMI) by timi0103(m): 7:06am On Aug 30, 2013
The Body Mass Index (BMI) is a measurement tool that compares your height to your weight and gives you an indication of whether you are overweight, underweight or at a healthy weight for your height. For details on calculating your BMI manually, follow the steps below.

[b][/b]Weigh & Measure

1. Weigh yourself on your bathroom scale. Note: the following formula is calculated in pounds.
2. Measure your height in inches using the yardstick or measuring tape. Stand against the wall and use a pencil to make a mark at the top of your head, then measure.

Calculating Your BMI Manually

1. Use the pencil, paper and calculator to perform the following BMI calculation.

2. Take your height in inches and square the number. In other words, multiply the number of inches by the same number of inches.

3. Divide your weight in pounds by the second figure. The second figure is your height in inches squared.

4. Multiply that answer by the conversion factor of 703 if you used inches and pounds. Skip if you used meters and kilograms. The answer is your body mass index.

BMI INTERPRETATIONS
-A BMI of less than 18 means you are under weight.
-A BMI of less than 18.5 indicates you are thin for your height.
-A BMI between 18.6 and 24.9 indicates you are at a healthy weight.
-A BMI between 25 and 29.9 suggests you are overweight for your height.
-A BMI of 30 or greater indicates obesity. If you are obese, consider consulting a doctor or losing weight.

Re: How To Calculate Your Body Mass Index (BMI) by timi0103(m): 7:08am On Aug 30, 2013
I hope this might help someone and hopefully make Front Page
Re: How To Calculate Your Body Mass Index (BMI) by gynny(f): 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2016
BMI calculator is used to calculate your total body fat. But there are some exceptions to using the BMI calculate, click on the link below to read more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/bmi-calculator-is-my-weight-healthy/

(1) (Reply)

E.coli Is Now More Deadly Than BOKO HARAM!!! / My Experience At Isolo General Hospital, Lagos. / Getting Pregnant With Fibroids And A Blocked Tube – Is It Possible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.