Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

What Is Wrong With Northern Governors:my Major Concern For Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Wrong With Northern Governors:my Major Concern For Nigeria (511 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal And Other Northern Governors Pose For A Shot At Sokoto Airport / Buhari Meets With Northern Traditional Rulers At Aso Villa / Buhari Accepts Bible Gift At Meeting With Northern Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Northern Governors:my Major Concern For Nigeria by Built2last: 2:31pm On Aug 30, 2013
Lately i've been thinking of what becomes of Nigeria by 2030. My major concern is the uneven development going on accross Nigeria. The bigger question is who is to blame for the uneven development.

everyday in the media we hear of Fashola doing wonders in Lagos and other southwest governors striving to meet up, Up East we hear of Chime and Rochas blazing the trail with others following. In the Delta we have Akpabio leaving legacies in every sector and other of his colleagues on fast lane.

My major concern is northern Nigeria. I came back and took a tour of Kaduna, Niger, Gombe and Nassarawa. The sights were appauling. What are their governors doing with their allocations since 1999 and if funds are the reasons for the stagnancy why are they not tapping ino other resources available in the state. The develpopments in the aformentioned states down south is not only obvious but you can sense a subtle competition amongs them to leave legacies but its not same with the north.

I did my undergrad in Northern Nigeria years back, so this is not to spite them or raise any tribal war as many Nairalanders will think. i've just been thinking and it worries me. Take a careful thought into Banking, Education as in research and development, economy, media, legal system, and you will see the apparent development gap.Basic amenities and infrastructures are grossly lacking

Last week we heard that over one million almajiris are in Zamfara state and the governor can still sleep and party with the destiny of his people. Back to Abuja you can see that grocery stores, gas stations, private schools,Hotels, estates and indeed properties are mostly owned by Southerners. Like i said earlier these are my candid observations and not intended to spite anybody or region. I am simply asking what is wrong with the Northern governors? are they not seeing their southern counterparts.

This uneven development is a ticking time bomb for our great nation and worries me a great deal. We haven't seen the worst of insurgency yet. If nothern leaders do not wake up, wash their faces and roll up their sleeves and work.
Re: What Is Wrong With Northern Governors:my Major Concern For Nigeria by Ab025(m): 3:02pm On Aug 30, 2013
@poster.....I agree wit u bt stil, u are a bit wrong

Do u think it is all southern governors that are peforming well? Pls go and ask abia state indegenes abt what their governor!!!

It is only very few governors that are trying in nigeria, all of them are thieves, wether north, west, east or south-south, they are all thieves.

Untill wen we d indegenes of each state start removin dis thieves frm office b4 our states will develop.

Can u imagine that a vegetable is the present governor of taraba? I remember wen we used to have an indian-hemp smoker as d governor of dis my state (kogi state)

I think d whole problem starts from the top (presidency), how do u expect the "tail" to be good when the "head" is already bad.....?

It goes futher down to even the local govt authorities in nigeria. Have u ever asked ursef what these local govt chairmen always do with the monthly allocation frm the federation's account...? Nothing! Except to even owe d poor local govt workers for 5 or 6 months without any pay, then after somebody will stand in my front to tell me there is an agency called EFCC!!

Jonathan and his crew are all criminals
Re: What Is Wrong With Northern Governors:my Major Concern For Nigeria by slimming: 3:04pm On Aug 30, 2013
The new generation will surely reposition this country in the future whether by peaceful agreement or revolution.
Re: What Is Wrong With Northern Governors:my Major Concern For Nigeria by DerideGull(m): 3:09pm On Aug 30, 2013
@OP

I hope the jungle called Nigeria does not see 2030. The governors of the states in northern region as you have mentioned in the post have a president from the southern region to blame.

(1) (Reply)

I Support OBAMA To Fight SYRIA / Finally,mike Ozekhome Released / A Parable Of Brainless Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.