Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,837 members, 7,838,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians (19330 Views)

Unbelievable Church Sign Posts That Will Get You Loughing. (photo) / I Will Not Worship A Homophobic God-archbishop Tutu / Why Is Church Sign Board Not Bearing Jesus Picture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 30, 2013
iamswizz: na simon andal church be dat
_

Nah, I worship at the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by Vansnickers: 11:50pm On Aug 30, 2013
Ajibam: Romans1
Vs21 
Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Vs22
 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Vs23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things

Vs24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

vs25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Vs26
 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Vs 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
vs28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; vs29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Vs30
 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Vs31
 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Vs32 
Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.[/b]

Jesus loves you,,this is the end of age,,
Nothing should take you by surprise again,,just focus on making it to heaven,,,repent now,,,a minute more may be late
Shalom

Okay.
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by LordBabs(m): 11:50pm On Aug 30, 2013
Ada Nri1: The world is coming to an end. Reminds me of W B Yeats poem, "the second coming"; Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;

Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming!
! Hardly are
those words out
When a vast image
out of Spiritus
Mundi
Troubles my sight:
somewhere in
sands of the
desert
A shape with lion
body and the head
of a man,
A gaze blank and
pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow
thighs, while all
about it
Reel shadows of
the indignant
desert birds.
The darkness
drops again; but
now I know
That twenty
centuries of stony
sleep
Were vexed to
nightmare by a
rocking cradle,
And what rough
beast, its hour
come round at last,
Slouches towards
Bethlehem to be
born?
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by zaza1(m): 11:54pm On Aug 30, 2013
Most Nigerians are unapologetically homophobic..personally I think we should all sit back and let God fight his battles..Every sin has its punishment which is hell in the long run..the homosexual will most likely go to hell but so will the person insulting him and tryna beat him down..if we agree that homosexuality is a sin then beating up a man just because he is gay is a sin as well..there are gay people in every country in the world.we must face that and realise that ostracizing them only makes them stronger.

Every adult is entitled to live his life the way he wants without being questioned.If a gay man steps up to me..I would let him know I'm straight,same way a woman would agree or disagree if a man asked her out.

A man that steals 100 naira and the homosexual will end up in the same place if they don't repent.so the people insulting them,beating them,talking behind their backs,etc are going to the same hell fire.
The govt has the power not to allow gay marriage but they can not stop their relationships.I think we have bigger problems than homosexuality.

6 Likes

Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by demelza: 11:58pm On Aug 30, 2013
SimonAndal:
I spent my day on Reddit and 4chan, and then I came here. It's like making a transition from Intelligence to Lunacy.

I know how many of my brain cells died just by logging onto NL alone and interacting with Nigerians.
grin So says one of the renowned trolls on NL.

1 Like

Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by LordBabs(m): 12:02am On Aug 31, 2013
zaza1: ...the homosexual will most likely go to hell
sharaap there! Hell is fiction! You ain't been there!
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 31, 2013
demelza: grin So says one of the renowned trolls on NL.
_

It takes a surprisingly high level of intelligence to play the populace and have them dancing to your strings. Muahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 31, 2013
demelza:
I think so *waves*
Hope you're good!
Hav been searching 4 u in the wooing thread. Even saw u breifly and dropped some lines for u. Pls go check around page 85 - 87.
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by Nobody: 12:31am On Aug 31, 2013
SimonAndal:
_

It takes a surprisingly high level of intelligence to play the populace and have them dancing to your strings. Muahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
Hey bro, are u usually d whiper or d whipee cool
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 31, 2013
We are really at the end of times lipsrsealedlipsrsealedshocked
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 31, 2013
Lord Babs: sharaap there! Hell is fiction! You ain't been there!
an atheist? Hmm, remmbr wen u nd nairalane used to spice up OAU Admission thread den in 2010
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by unwanaabasi(m): 1:02am On Aug 31, 2013
God will help us
i know its d work of d devil

Christians be wise n follow d teachings of Jesus Christ
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by iykemanchi(m): 1:27am On Aug 31, 2013
He that have ears let him hear, en he that have eyes let him see
matt 7:15. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. For those false prophets beware of what u preach.
Matt 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
If u like belive if u lik don't, if u like obey the whole commandment, if u wnt give arms to the rich en poor... if u like be a christain and a gay or lesbian or wotever u want to be, Buh I tell you John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. God help us.
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by sage2(m): 1:37am On Aug 31, 2013
Where are the "end time crew" when you need them the most? They should lock this thread with that famous 3 letter comment.
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by Oppypoppy: 2:40am On Aug 31, 2013
Hmmm, God dey!.
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by Nobody: 3:02am On Aug 31, 2013
See what protestants bastards are up to....soulless people.

All about money and not following the scriptures
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by PrinceG1(m): 5:22am On Aug 31, 2013
Lord have mercy on us!
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by Nobody: 6:01am On Aug 31, 2013
Rilwayne001: Christianitty.......hmmm...May God sHow uS d waY
Yahshua of course, da Way
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by Nobody: 6:04am On Aug 31, 2013
Elliotwiz1: The catholics and their close relatives(anglicans) seem to be really confused about what the bible says,They're just trying to cover up for their gay priests,why must the priest be forced to celibate when they can't control their lust for sex?? in the time of old, a man having sex with another man would be stoned to death and if It's with an animal, the animal would have to be killed too, but today hmmm, even the churches...Hmmm...the next thing would be beastry.[size=8pt][/size]
since when people are forced to become priest? na wa oooo ...u mean they don't know they are going to remain celibate or what? being a priest is a choice...they accepted to stay that way///besides are u implying that all celibates are gay? dumb azz
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by AnanseK(m): 6:29am On Aug 31, 2013
Clemzy16: Church run by a modafvckin gay.

™ƺƔcιεмεηт®

You mean " Fadafvckin" ? Remember he is gay tongue grin.
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 31, 2013
Interesting.
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by Manred0(m): 7:01am On Aug 31, 2013
Confused people
;
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by oxyG: 7:13am On Aug 31, 2013
Does the information encourage being a gay?
...U need to understand something befor criticism.What does "get over means"?
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by mployer(m): 7:14am On Aug 31, 2013
zaza1: Most Nigerians are unapologetically homophobic..personally I think we should all sit back and let God fight his battles..Every sin has its punishment which is hell in the long run..the homosexual will most likely go to hell but so will the person insulting him and tryna beat him down..if we agree that homosexuality is a sin then beating up a man just because he is gay is a sin as well..there are gay people in every country in the world.we must face that and realise that ostracizing them only makes them stronger.

Every adult is entitled to live his life the way he wants without being questioned.If a gay man steps up to me..I would let him know I'm straight,same way a woman would agree or disagree if a man asked her out.

A man that steals 100 naira and the homosexual will end up in the same place if they don't repent.so the people insulting them,beating them,talking behind their backs,etc are going to the same hell fire.
The govt has the power not to allow gay marriage but they can not stop their relationships.I think we have bigger problems than homosexuality.
I am homophic, no apologies. The truth is no one is born gay, dat evil is contagious. Imagine how many people would be infected if they are allowed operate freely. People with contagious diseases are usually confined in Isolated places for d safety of the masses, Gays should not be an exception.
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by Fatduke: 7:14am On Aug 31, 2013
demelza: Op, I beg to differ with you there about the church including Jesus in this gay issue.
I see this as a way of telling christians to move on to more important things in their walk with God and stop killing themselves over something they cant change.
Whether we accept or not, homosexuality has come to stay. No matter how much we detest it, we should live and let live.

Can I ask a simple question? If yes, Hope You are not a homosexual? If You You are one, change: if You are not, watch Your seeming expression less You be thrown into the hands of some angry Mob.
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by Mustay(m): 7:14am On Aug 31, 2013
People subtly telling us not to encourage what is right, forbid what is evil and discourage what is wrong. . .all in the name of #judgeMeNot smh

Very soon, we'd justify all our wrongs since two wrongs never make a right!
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 31, 2013
infonubia: This picture of an Anglican church sign board has gone viral after a local citizen posted it online.

Although not much is known about the photo, the church's leaders seem to be following in the footsteps of the Gosford Anglican Church in Australia, which posted a similar message a few weeks ago. Their signboard read "Dear Christians, some people are gay, get over it, Love God." See the photo below:

My opinion: The statement is misleading. Jesus never had two dads! Let's get it straight. Going by this church's analogy, Jesus had a mother, a father, and a step father. Neither of the fathers were gay. Joseph wasn't married to God, he was married to Mary.

You can make your case for homosexuality, but throwing Jesus into this, is at best dishonest and disrespectful.

People, please be careful who you listen to!

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/08/photo-church-sign-has-message-for.html

Yahweh and Joseph. How did Yahweh get Marley pregnant in the first place, did he ........her from the front and back?
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by mployer(m): 7:21am On Aug 31, 2013
SimonAndal:
I spent my day on Reddit and 4chan, and then I came here. It's like making a transition from Intelligence to Lunacy.

I know how many of my brain cells died just by logging onto NL alone and interacting with Nigerians.
Dude ur brain cells were dead on arrival, Every nairalander can testify to dat. Sorry u just realised it.
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by rabzy01: 7:29am On Aug 31, 2013
"Outrage flared over in 2010 with some calling for the arrest of the Pontiff in connection with the prosecution of priest Lawrence Murphy of Wisconsin in 1996 when Murphy admitted to molesting over 200 boys."

http://www.examiner.com/article/child-molestation-ravished-the-catholic-church-under-pope-benedict-xvi
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by mployer(m): 7:31am On Aug 31, 2013
End time tinz sha grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Types Of Atheists / I Have Cursed God / Which One Came To Nigeria First Islam Or Christianity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.