Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,559 members, 7,850,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:53 AM

Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians (19340 Views)

Unbelievable Church Sign Posts That Will Get You Loughing. (photo) / I Will Not Worship A Homophobic God-archbishop Tutu / Why Is Church Sign Board Not Bearing Jesus Picture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 31, 2013
m-ployer:
I am homophic, no apologies. The truth is no one is born gay, dat evil is contagious. Imagine how many people would be infected if they are allowed operate freely. People with contagious diseases are usually confined in Isolated places for d safety of the masses, Gays should not be an exception.

Contagious...meaning you're afraid you may eventually turn gay?

1 Like

Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 31, 2013
Ishsoph: Hey bro, are u usually d whiper or d whipee cool
_

I, surprisingly, don't know those terminologies. But if you're asking whether I'm a Catcher or a Pitcher, I've been known to be both.
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by Imaeyez(m): 7:45am On Aug 31, 2013
collynzo2: I am homophobic, I was born that way!
We were all born Ignorant, then we started learning. Christians are the funniest I tell u, the Christian doctrine asserts "God is the cause of all things", so he "caused" homosexuality. "You love God but you hate homosexuals", clap for yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by Vansnickers: 7:54am On Aug 31, 2013
m-ployer:
I am homophic, no apologies. The truth is no one is born gay, dat evil is contagious. Imagine how many people would be infected if they are allowed operate freely. People with contagious diseases are usually confined in Isolated places for d safety of the masses, Gays should not be an exception.

Please explain to me how Homosexuality is contagious. Don't forget to include scientific evidence that back up your point.

Deluded Mor0n .

5 Likes

Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by demelza: 7:54am On Aug 31, 2013
Fatduke:

Can I ask a simple question? If yes, Hope You are not a homosexual? If You You are one, change: if You are not, watch Your seeming expression less You be thrown into the hands of some angry Mob.
That is all you guys ever do, form an angry mob against irrelevancy.
But none of you can ever form an angry mob against your leaders to demand for accountability.
ASUU has been striking for over 3mnths and no one is forming an angry mob rather we are looking to Aljazeera and the US to bail us out.
Angry mob mon jolie derriere!

8 Likes

Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by leggo: 8:41am On Aug 31, 2013
if you were born homosexual, then i was born homophobic. lets leave it like that

1 Like

Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by deeptesting(m): 8:51am On Aug 31, 2013
Every one has the right to determine what sexual orientation he/she wants to practice. Its not only a crime but cruelty for the society to dictate what sexual orientation an individual should practice. However, it will be too bad if you try to push your sexuality tendencies towards me....I am not a gay.

3 Likes

Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by Biggoozz: 8:57am On Aug 31, 2013
How you know this world is in real trouble is that the bible in many places like Matthew 24, 1st Theselonians 3 etc clearly warned about all these strange things we see today such as iniquity abounding, wickedness of sever dimensions, war on the increase everywhere. ..to mention a few, as SIGNS OF THE COMING OF JESUS CHRIST!

More shocking and unbelievable is that it also warned that many will be deceived while others mock. Whenever this topic is discussed on Nairaland I observe that most jesters disbelievers and mockers are professed Christians that carry same bible and go to church regularly. PROPHECIES BEING FULFILLED RIGHT ON THEIR HEADS.

Jesus ends his sayings with....HE WHO HAS AN EAR, LET HIM HEAR! Pray and and ask the Holy Spirit for help, you can never fathom the mysteries of God with common sense.
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 31, 2013
SimonAndal:
_

I, surprisingly, don't know those terminologies. But if you're asking whether I'm a Catcher or a Pitcher, I've been known to be both.
Since u also do d pitching I have a beautiful damsel for u. Leave Steve alone and catch no more for him. Deal?
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by LordBabs(m): 9:11am On Aug 31, 2013
#me@:

an atheist? Hmm, remmbr wen u nd nairalane used to spice up OAU Admission thread den in 2010
that religious hound! Met him a few times at OAU. And you, how come you know me quite a bit?
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by dnawah(m): 9:21am On Aug 31, 2013
infonubia: This picture of an Anglican church sign board has gone viral after a local citizen posted it online.

Although not much is known about the photo, the church's leaders seem to be following in the footsteps of the Gosford Anglican Church in Australia, which posted a similar message a few weeks ago. Their signboard read "Dear Christians, some people are gay, get over it, Love God." See the photo below:

My opinion: The statement is misleading. Jesus never had two dads! Let's get it straight. Going by this church's analogy, Jesus had a mother, a father, and a step father. Neither of the fathers were gay. Joseph wasn't married to God, he was married to Mary.

You can make your case for homosexuality, but throwing Jesus into this, is at best dishonest and disrespectful.

People, please be careful who you listen to!

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/08/photo-church-sign-has-message-for.html
all u have to know is,salvation is not 4 all and heaven too.(unrepented hearts)
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by G12(m): 9:49am On Aug 31, 2013
I believe that bridge between God and man has been broken again. Imagine the inscription. Something is definitely wrong with the church.
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by abu0710102013: 10:38am On Aug 31, 2013
I just dey observe
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 11:29am On Aug 31, 2013
Jayses: Soul zombies are every wer propagating the wrong doctrine , brothers and sisters if your salvation is ur priority u would know them when you see or hear them by the way end time tinz.
one big amen for u
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by cold(m): 11:38am On Aug 31, 2013
I've said this before & i'll say it again.There are all kinds of argument you can make against homosexuality but when you throw in religion you muddle up the debate.There's not a shred of proof that Jesus was heterosexual.He had two dads,was not conceived via s3xual intercourse,never got married,had twelve male friends,wore flowing garments with no underpants,never condemned homosexuality...should I go on?

2 Likes

Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by PatAkpos: 11:38am On Aug 31, 2013
demelza:
LMAO! So because I chose not to run after gays with tomahawks and kalashnikovs, that automatically makes me one?
Dude you cray!
For mainly this reason Sodom & Gommorrah was destroyed. If someone dear to u had cancer, would u say *Cancer is here to stay; Live & let live or u would do everything humanly possible to eradicate the scrouge? U don't have to carry weapons to attack them but u also don't have to condone their behavior.
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by Coldfeet(f): 11:40am On Aug 31, 2013
demelza: Op, I beg to differ with you there about the church including Jesus in this gay issue.
I see this as a way of telling christians to move on to more important things in their walk with God and stop killing themselves over something they cant change.
Whether we accept or not, homosexuality has come to stay. No matter how much we detest it, we should live and let live.
I disagree! The fact that I was told to love my neighbour as myself doesn't mean I should keep mute when my neighbour goes wrong! I want to make Heaven and because I love my neighbour I also want him to make Heaven!! Why should I strive to make Heaven alone? And the people am told to love will not be there? God is against homosexuality and so am I! @ op good one.

1 Like

Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by collynzo2(m): 12:27pm On Aug 31, 2013
leggo: if you were born homosexual, then i was born homophobic. lets leave it like that
Simple
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 31, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: since when people are forced to become priest? na wa oooo ...u mean they don't know they are going to remain celibate or what? being a priest is a choice...they accepted to stay that way///besides are u implying that all celibates are gay? dumb azz
small sense sef you no get, i dey talk one thing you dey talk another thing...do you know thousands of rape cases have been recorded in asia and the priests are the suspects..did you not hear of what the pope said about gays??he said he has no right to judge them, because there are gay priests.........mtchew would have said further but trying to make an inane man understand something is just a waste of precious time and energy....you can keep your foolish thoughts to yourself.
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
Homosexuality is a sin, but judging others is also a sin....I had a talk with a African pastor from Zambia, who told me that God has given pastors like himself the right to judge homosexuals, because people like himself are without sin....Mehn..I did agure with him on that, and stopped going to he's church...Its no one's business but God's ....They might be confused, but we all are sinners.... He just committed a sin by making that statement.
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by SIRKOL(m): 5:24pm On Aug 31, 2013
What else do I say other than WOW!!
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by Omotolaaraujo(f): 5:51pm On Aug 31, 2013
Don't be a hater, it's Ungodly.
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by UyiIredia(m): 10:32pm On Aug 31, 2013
emk4lif: No To Homophobia,Yes To Equal Rights

Is it really equal ? Sorry to twist your guts but will you grant inc€$t, swingers, be$tials and other 'deviants' equal rights ? How far are you willing to take 'equal rights': will you actually argue they are normal and should be free to act on and further desires by marriage ?

I say 'equal rights' since it I'd mostly exclusive to the LGBT community.
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by UyiIredia(m): 10:45pm On Aug 31, 2013
Van snickers:

Please explain to me how Homosexuality is contagious. Don't forget to include scientific evidence that back up your point.

Deluded Mor0n .

SMH. As expected from one who argued gay was exclusively a result of Nature and hence moral. Ignoring well-known facts of how prolonged contact with men, especially in places like prisons with no means of sexual union for heterosexuals, variably leads to homosexuality. Didn't properly rebut my point that genetic determination doesn't justify the morality of a thing, since he had a prior bias to support gays. Science once said gay was a disorder, times changed and science did and now, gay is okay. Part why I'm not as impressed with science (or talk of it as if it rubber-stamps an idea) despite its good. That said, to help you out consider that decades back homosexuality was a taboo in the lands condemning us for homophobia, by proper organisation into supporting communities, campaigns and personal interactions they've swung the moral compass of your likes in their favor. Ergo, you caught the 'gay is okay' bug.
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by UyiIredia(m): 10:47pm On Aug 31, 2013
Dammit ! Double post.
Re: Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians by UyiIredia(m): 10:50pm On Aug 31, 2013
@ topic: Gotten over the fact stated therein more than a decade ago.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Mystery Behind Sexual Temptations / Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner / Apostle Suleman Visits IDP In Adamawa, Donates Gifts To Them (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.