Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,165 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

The Family Section Fun Room!! - Family (415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Family Section Fun Room!! (741312 Views)

Fraudulent Threads In The Family Section Of NL!!! We Don Casssssh Dem!!!!! / Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You / Happy Birthday To Family Section's World Famous Leapling (CHAIRCOVER) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (504) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by bellong: 12:22am On Sep 19, 2015
Sambarry,

The gods are not smiling... cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 8:49am On Sep 19, 2015
SAMBARRY shockedshocked

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 3:12pm On Sep 19, 2015
Naijababe and pickabeau....

grin grin

No comment.

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 19, 2015
edwife:
Naijababe and pickabeau....

grin grin

No comment.

Wachu talking about Willis?
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by SAMBARRY: 4:09pm On Sep 19, 2015
edwife:
SAMBARRY shockedshocked

WICKED SOMEBIODY.I AM FINE NOW grin grin grin grin

PRAISEEEEE THE LORRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDD cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by SAMBARRY: 4:10pm On Sep 19, 2015
bellong:
Sambarry,

The gods are not smiling... cheesy grin
THE GODS ARE SMILING NOW grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

ABEG SOMEBODY SHOULD FIRE ME FREEDOM BY PHARRELL WILLIAMS grin grin grin cool cool cool wink wink grin grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by SAMBARRY: 4:11pm On Sep 19, 2015
cococandy:
grin
Kpele sambarry.

You'll be fine. Later later cheesy
OSE JARE.I AM HALE AND HEARTY NOW grin grin grin grin grin grin

NO MORE OWANMBES TILL FURTHER NOTICE grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by SAMBARRY: 4:12pm On Sep 19, 2015
Kimoni:
Hahahahahahahahahahhaha O tii je ebo finally cheesy grin

Kulyie, you have eaten the sacrifice meant for the gods. You better call on Bellong to appease on your behalf
IMAGINE.WHAT AN ABOMINATION RAISE TO THE POWER OF 100 shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 4:41pm On Sep 19, 2015
SAMBARRY:
THE GODS ARE SMILING NOW grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

ABEG SOMEBODY SHOULD FIRE ME FREEDOM BY PHARRELL WILLIAMS grin grin grin cool cool cool wink wink grin grin

Fried pork.

Fried.

What were you thinking?

Ewww.....
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Mrseeko(m): 4:46pm On Sep 19, 2015
Hey whatsup people• Your lost friend is really back now•
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Cherlene(f): 11:19pm On Sep 19, 2015
Lovely evening

How are you all?
- Do introduce yourselves, IF DESIRED.
- This is my FIRST POST in FAMILY SECTION room.

A brief INTRODUCTION regarding myself
- Name: Cherlene
- A mom of two beautiful daughters
- Resides in Scandinavia

Cherlene
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 12:11pm On Sep 20, 2015
naijababe:

Wachu talking about Willis?

Now i know why we have been unable to drive the bus,not knowing Arsenal stole it weeks earlier from the bridge. undecided grin

You don't know that the bus only respect Mou? tongue
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 20, 2015
i attended my uncle's white wedding & reception yesterday, & was utterly shocked when I found out some certain things are still practiced

i mean, why do nigerians[yorubas especially] spray the celebrant of an event with money when the dancing commences. . who started this tradition ? ...i see no sense in it though, because eventually the monies sprayed are being put in a bag by some designated persons..so why the stress & ceremony..why not just put the cash in an envelope & present to the celebrant..

my uncle was not even comfortable with the whole bÜllshyte...but you know how such stuffs excite all these orobo/fat-assed women & retired pot-bellied men grin

I even saw one woman giving her son 5k or so to go break into smaller naira denominations, all because she wanted to dance & spray the couples... chai
cococandy, edwife & the house in general...what do you guys have to say..is this not backwardness? is it really necessary?
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 20, 2015
Cherlene:
Lovely evening

How are you all?
- Do introduce yourselves, IF DESIRED.
- This is my FIRST POST in FAMILY SECTION room.

A brief INTRODUCTION regarding myself
- Name: Cherlene
- A mom of two beautiful daughters
- Resides in Scandinavia

Cherlene

welcome... cool

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 20, 2015
darkenedrebel:
i attended my uncle's white wedding & reception party yesterday, & was utterly shocked to find out some certain things are still done..

i mean, why do nigerians[yorubas especially] spray the celebrant of an event with money while dancing. who started it? ...i see no sense in it though, because eventually the monies sprayed are picked up by some designated persons..so why the stress & ceremony..why not just put the cash in an envelope & present to the celebrant..

my uncle was not even comfortable with the whole bÜllshyte...but you know how such stuffs excite all these orobo/fat-assed women & retired pot-bellied men grin

I saw one particular woman giving her son 5k to go break into smaller naira denominations, all because she wanted to dance & spray the couples... chai
cococandy, edwife & the house in general...what do you guys have to say..is this not backwardness?
if u dont spray money its not a nigerian party na grin envelopes are boring... besides who doesnt like dancing around while money is being thrown like confetti chaiii

is 5k not enough money ? should it be 10k.... nawa o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by cococandy(f): 3:41pm On Sep 20, 2015
It's for show.
We are a showy people by culture.
Spraying the money gives the message that you have money to throw around. Breaking it into smaller denominations makes the moment last longer And the money appear look bigger.

Backward? Well yea.
But somehow, we've learned to have fun in it.

darkenedrebel:
i attended my uncle's white wedding & reception party yesterday, & was utterly shocked to find out some certain things are still done..

i mean, why do nigerians[yorubas especially] spray the celebrant of an event with money while dancing. who started it? ...i see no sense in it though, because eventually the monies sprayed are picked up by some designated persons..so why the stress & ceremony..why not just put the cash in an envelope & present to the celebrant..

I saw one particular woman giving her son 5k to go break into smaller naira denominations, all because she wanted to dance & spray the couples... chai
cococandy, edwife & the house in general...what do you guys have to say..is this not backwardness?

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 20, 2015
cococandy:
It's for show.
We are a showy people by culture.
Spraying the money gives the message that you have money to throw around
. Breaking it into smaller denominations makes the moment last longer And the money appear look bigger.

Backward? Well yea.
But somehow, we've learned to have fun in it.

oh yeah, true - show-off is the keyword

& while dancing the monies are stepped on - that is sorta like stepping on the national flag in public.. smh

MrsPhyno:

if u dont spray money its not a nigerian party na grin envelopes are boring... besides who doesnt like dancing around while money is being thrown like confetti chaiii

is 5k not enough money ? should it be 10k.. nawa o

I'm not saying it should be- my point is that the woman should have just gone to spray the five 1000 notes with her, instead of breaking it down to make the money seem larger...

that's a very shallow way of thinking dear..
stuffs like this compulsory mumu dancing & spraying of money are part of the reason i would have a very secret wedding instead..

it's just so embarrassing... grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 20, 2015
darkenedrebel:

I'm not saying it should be- my point is that the woman should have just gone to spray the five 1000 notes with her, instead of breaking it down to make the money seem larger...

that's a very shallow way of thinking dear..
stuffs like this compulsory mumu dancing & spraying of money are part of the reason i would have a very secret wedding instead..

it's just so embarrassing... grin
haha lol aw so u get embarrassed? thats cute grin
but do u blame the woman tho, as far as she gave them the money das all that matters

to dance is not by force nah, thats true. if you know you're shy. The only reason I would have a semi-private wedding is to make it cheap, I hate wasting money grin

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 20, 2015
MrsPhyno:

haha lol aw so u get embarrassed? thats cute grin

the m.c asked my uncle to do some wack Indian dance from the back of the hall to the front, then carry his bride to..... bla bla... do you know how embarrassing it was when he did the dance...i couldn't even look at him...I didn't know whether to cry or laugh ....

you still think embarrasment is cute? grin

MrsPhyno:

but do u blame the woman tho, as far as she gave them the money das all that matters

yeah yeah....whatever

MrsPhyno:

to dance is not by force nah, thats true. if you know you're shy. The only reason I would have a semi-private wedding is to make it cheap, I hate wasting money grin

says who? i don't think you have attended any yoruba wedding before..
you go dance pass Kaffy sef. grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2015
darkenedrebel:

the m.c asked my uncle to do some wack Indian dance from the back of the hall to the front, then carry his bride to..... bla bla... do you know how embarrassing it was when he did the dance...i couldn't even look at him...I didn't know whether to cry or laugh ....

you still think embarrasment is cute? grin

yeah yeah....whatever

says who? i don't think you have attended any yoruba wedding before..
you go dance pass Kaffy sef. grin

whaddya mean still... its cute in males. grin

True, I haven't at least not recently.

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
MrsPhyno:

whaddya mean still... its cute in males. grin

if you say so

MrsPhyno:

True, I haven't at least not recently.

no wonder ...
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 5:51pm On Sep 20, 2015
darkenedrebel:
i attended my uncle's white wedding & reception yesterday, & was utterly shocked when I found out some certain things are still practiced

i mean, why do nigerians[yorubas especially] spray the celebrant of an event with money when the dancing commences. . who started this tradition ? ...i see no sense in it though, because eventually the monies sprayed are being put in a bag by some designated persons..so why the stress & ceremony..why not just put the cash in an envelope & present to the celebrant..

I even saw one woman giving her son 5k or so to go break into smaller naira denominations, all because she wanted to dance & spray the couples... chai
cococandy, edwife & the house in general...what do you guys have to say..is this not backwardness? is it really necessary?

You know i have always wonder why they do it,but i have come to realise that it is a cultural thing and it won't go away in the near future.
I wouldn't say it's backwardness because some Europeans countries have the same culture but have various names for it;The “Dollar Dance, Money Dance, Bridal Dance or Apron Dance” are perform in countries like Poland,Ukraine, Cuba, Mexico, and Puerto Rico where guests are expected to dance by pinning and wrapping money in elaborate designs as the couple dance.

It is fun and more often,the money helps couples in settling some expenses or so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Cherlene(f): 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
darkenedrebel:

welcome... cool

Greetings

Thank you.

Hihi, are you here too?

Cherlene
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by pickabeau1: 11:44am On Sep 21, 2015
edwife:
Naijabab and pickaeau....

grin grin

No comment.

Kontinu
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 21, 2015
Cherlene:

Greetings

Thank you.

Hihi, are you here too?

Cherlene

not really, I'm a neophyte here as well..
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 12:38pm On Sep 21, 2015
Happy Birthday r231

I wish you many more years and hair,may the good Lord continue to protect you.

Have a filled day. kiss

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 12:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
pickabeau1:

Kontinu

No be me o,ask wenger wetin happened. grin

Naijababe sweetie,i am thinking of you. kiss wink
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by r231(m): 1:32pm On Sep 21, 2015
edwife:
Happy Birthday r231

I wish you many more years and hair,may the good Lord continue to protect you.

Have a filled day. kiss

Thank you kiss

But wait o.....I get hair now

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 21, 2015
Aunty Ewuro, ba wo?
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 21, 2015
Hello all...
My name is Hernyolar..I've been a regular visitor on this thread but I'm commenting officially for the first time. hope I'm welcomed? ?
Thanks for making my day everyday especially ms tearoses, kimoni, sambarry ( iya wura) , edwife, the official god appeaser, uncle bellong and everyone
Nice work everyone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (504) (Reply)

House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.