Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? (9384 Views)

22 Very Important Google Search Tricks / All Universities To Use The General Cutoff Mark Says DIBU / Did You Use Or Remember Olympic Exercise-Book? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 31, 2013
phoneport: By the way what are u people discussing?

We are discussing....

How to buy a smart phone from just N7,000 and above. grin grin wink

Like say your browser no show you title of this thread.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by phoneport(m): 5:10pm On Aug 31, 2013
Jekyll & Hyde:

We are discussing....

How to buy a smart phone from just N7,000 and above. grin grin wink

Like say your browser no show you title of this thread.
You no I can sure get u a clean blackberry curve 1 for #7000
just call me
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 31, 2013
I use at most 10 pages.... Sometimes what you are looking for can be hidden and you may never know except you go further.....
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Malocity(m): 5:19pm On Aug 31, 2013
The first page contains more information nd update abt ur search.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Orikinla(m): 5:25pm On Aug 31, 2013
Yes. And the other following pages for research on any subject.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 31, 2013
Its useless
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 31, 2013
phoneport:
You no I can sure get u a clean blackberry curve 1 for #7000
just call me

Don't make me laugh.

I tell you say I need phone ni?
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by sultanemerald(m): 5:33pm On Aug 31, 2013
Life is too short to open the second page of a google search.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by onuwaje(m): 5:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
Depends on my mood
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Solexy96(m): 5:38pm On Aug 31, 2013
It depends on hw important wat i'm searchin 4 is. If its a research, i move on 2 other pages. If its just 4 fun or d likes, i simply modify d keywords 4 my search instead of moving forward 2 other pages.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Solexy96(m): 5:43pm On Aug 31, 2013
Also d first page contains d lastest info nd nearest in response on/nd 2 ur search(keywords).
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 31, 2013
dr dams: Plz help ; wot is it wit dis "end time tins " slogan dat has suddenly become an anthem on nairaland?

Biko, I want2 no
It's so bad we say it in my office. Anyway all these are signs of endtimes.

1 Like

Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Jarus(m): 5:48pm On Aug 31, 2013
I go as far back as 15th page anytime I'm checking what's new about some personalities I google regularly (including myself). smiley
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by maxisfield(f): 5:56pm On Aug 31, 2013
N ds one na topic n it also made front page..smtin iz wrong smwia angry
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by mrperfect(m): 6:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
Depends but most time first page does the work.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by escobar07(m): 6:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
I do, even to the 7th page. Those 'inner' pages are sometimes priceless, i tell you.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by dokunbam(m): 6:01pm On Aug 31, 2013
the info on the front page id enough

u don finish the one wey dey front page? sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by udemzyudex(m): 6:02pm On Aug 31, 2013
if I'm doing a research.. I go beyond page 1.

sometimes sites on first page don't carry enough info for my question .
I always stop at page 5
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Diamondwriter(m): 6:25pm On Aug 31, 2013
I mostly do. Some times,first pages are not just satisfying enough.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Nik77: 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2013
jworos: D default settins 4 google is 10 result per page,to save urself d stress of goin 2 oda pages change it to 100 per page,u wont v to go to d nxt page if u dnt fynd wat u'r lukin 4.
Please how do we change the default settings?
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by deols(f): 6:41pm On Aug 31, 2013
While working on my research, I needed so many references.

Eventually, I found them all lined up in wikipedia after typing the right keyword.

Of course, all of those could not have been on the first page but were very useful.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by oladayo042: 6:45pm On Aug 31, 2013
It all depends on your search query. If all you are looking for is 'lagos weather' or 'who stole Tonto Dikeh's pant?', you have no business on the second page.

On the other hand, if you are a researcher or an academic, you can NEVER stop at the first page. With the right set of commands (or advanced search), Google returns only results that are relevant to your query and the fact that an article is on the first page does not mean it is the best for what you are looking for.

I have found myself on page 10 several times.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 31, 2013
oladayo042: It all depends on your search query. If all you are looking for is 'lagos weather' or 'who stole Tonto Dikeh's pant?', you have no business on the second page.

On the other hand, if you are a researcher or an academic, you can NEVER stop at the first page. With the right set of commands (or advanced search), Google returns only results that are relevant to your query and the fact that an article is on the first page does not mean it is the best for what you are looking for.

I have found myself on page 10 several times.

What the hell?

You cracked me up. Wetin the person dey find with that one?
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Siraleeyu(m): 7:35pm On Aug 31, 2013
@OP, u'r right ooo.......I hardly check other pages, in fact........my attention rarely thinks of other pages exist, what I normally do if what I searched for is not in d 1st page, I will simply change the format or language of my question.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by drnoel: 7:39pm On Aug 31, 2013
Depends on what u are looking for. Have found some interesting things on Google 3rd and 4th pages.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Efoma27(m): 7:41pm On Aug 31, 2013
I go beyond the first page. Sometimes I check the last page and also check the pages at random. I think sometimes it is possible the best thing is not on the first page.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Nerocodin: 8:21pm On Aug 31, 2013
hardly use it,
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by febbymi: 8:41pm On Aug 31, 2013
Even 4 nairaland, if e no dey page1, e no dey be dat
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by abombom(m): 9:33pm On Aug 31, 2013
end time tinz noni
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by bobofati(m): 10:12pm On Aug 31, 2013
Personally i check up to page 10. When you are into academic researches you have to check beyond the first page, most times the journals you need are not on page one.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by habbyy03: 10:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
omo thread dy for NL....#wat wud make som1 fnk lyk ds
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by playahP(m): 10:49pm On Aug 31, 2013
I mean, we all know that the second page of google is the best place to hide a dead bodies and contrabands too!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Courses You Can Study Without Maths. In National Open University / LASPOTECH ADMISSION 2014/2015 FOR ALL LEVELS NOW AVAILABLE 08183700201 HURRY!!! / WAEC To Name & Shame Candidates, Staff Involved In Exam Malpractice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.