Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? (9384 Views)

22 Very Important Google Search Tricks / All Universities To Use The General Cutoff Mark Says DIBU / Did You Use Or Remember Olympic Exercise-Book? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by biafranqueen: 10:52pm On Aug 31, 2013
Yes I do because information may be pushed back that is important. Sometimes when you don't type the correct search words you have to check few pages back. I do a lot of research and what I am looking for is usually not on fist page because of paid advertising site popularity etc.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by lertee(f): 11:02pm On Aug 31, 2013
It isn't necessary to use the second page when you can find answer to your search on the first page,but then sometimes you just have to search further incase you need more answers
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 31, 2013
playah P: I mean, we all know that the second page of google is the best place to hide a dead bodies and contrabands too!!

Huh? undecided
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by 3RNEST(m): 12:03am On Sep 01, 2013
end time thinz grin
playah P: I mean, we all know that the second page of google is the best place to hide a dead bodies and contrabands too!!
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Olaone1: 2:29am On Sep 01, 2013
I know this is not funny but I once searched up to page 46. Yes page 46! I was specifically looking for pdf files/sources for my cousework as I couldn't get enough sources from uni Online resource centre. I was at the Senate Library of the University of London (not saying I was a student there ooo cheesy) between Goodge Street and Tottenham Court Road, London. It's a very comfy library. Free unlimited internet with a super-fast browsing experience. You pay virtually nothing for printing too.

I eventually downloaded 18 pdf files for my coursework and numerous references. Suffice to say I prepared a very good coursework and my score was very high.

One thing people need to understand about Google is that good info and sources from scholars in Asia and Africa are rarely on page 1.

Dig deep, guys.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by kings2all: 4:56am On Sep 01, 2013
[size=24pt]U CAN'T BE SERIOUS[/size]
Charbless: For more Research, Y not?
I use even d last page
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 01, 2013
Ola one: I know this is not funny but I once searched up to page 46. Yes page 46! I was specifically looking for pdf files/sources for my cousework as I couldn't get enough sources from uni Online resource centre. I was at the Senate Library of the University of London (not saying I was a student there ooo cheesy) between Goodge Street and Tottenham Court Road, London. It's a very comfy library. Free unlimited internet with a super-fast browsing experience. You pay virtually nothing for printing too.

I eventually downloaded 18 pdf files for my coursework and numerous references. Suffice to say I prepared a very good coursework and my score was very high.

One thing people need to understand about Google is that good info and sources from scholars in Asia and Africa are rarely on page 1.

Dig deep, guys.

Page 46? You strong o.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 01, 2013
kings2all: [size=24pt]U CAN'T BE SERIOUS[/size]

Lol. Indeed!
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Godson201333(m): 6:51am On Sep 01, 2013
Because result on other pages aint new just like someone said,If your answer is not on the first page then try to re-construct your question.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by mcpat(m): 9:10am On Sep 01, 2013
Results are popped out according to the keyword and the traffic on that page i.e if u search for elections in nigeria..Nairaland would surelly appear in 1st page..Sometimes nothing relevant is on the 1st page that you have to continue digging or rephrase your keyword(s)
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Olaone1: 10:02am On Sep 01, 2013
Jekyll & Hyde:

Page 46? You strong o.
Because I wanted only PDF files from scholars and academics in Africa and Asia. Being a Western country, good sources from Africa and Asia weren't on page 1.

I used Uni Online libraries such as Athens, Emerald, etc but I couldn't get what I wanted. I collated what I wanted from Google pages and used Turnitin to check my work and it's okay.

Always dig deep, there are invaluable material and info in dem pages.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 01, 2013
Ola one:
Because I wanted only PDF files from scholars and academics in Africa and Asia. Being a Western country, good sources from Africa and Asia weren't on page 1.

I used Uni Online libraries such as Athens, Emerald, etc but I couldn't get what I wanted. I collated what I wanted from Google pages and used Turnitin to check my work and it's okay.

Always dig deep, there are invaluable material and info in dem pages.

I totally get you, it's just that page 46 is a very distant cousin from page 1 when searching on Google.

If you're not yet using this, try searching with 'your keyword', followed by a period and the file extension you need (it will screen out and present better results to you).

For instance, if you're looking for pdf materials for: natural energy sources in East Africa, it would appear this way:
Natural energy sources in East Africa.pdf

My 2 kobo.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Olaone1: 12:57pm On Sep 01, 2013
Jekyll & Hyde:

I totally get you, it's just that page 46 is a very distant cousin from page 1 when searching on Google.

If you're not yet using this, try searching with 'your keyword', followed by a period and the file extension you need (it will screen out and present better results to you).

For instance, if you're looking for pdf materials for: natural energy sources in East Africa, it would appear this way:
Natural energy sources in East Africa.pdf

My 2 kobo.
Thanks
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 01, 2013
Ola one:
Thanks

You're welcome.

Happy Sunday.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Christmasdon(m): 2:49pm On Sep 01, 2013
.i look at the 2nd page things as ouTDATed.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by dapojaja(m): 6:45pm On Sep 02, 2013
Jekyll & Hyde:

Page 46? You strong o.

it happened to me too. page 16 short circuit all my effort to victory after almost giving up at pg 15. just all I needed were there on a site I found in that page.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 05, 2013
dapojaja:

it happened to me too. page 16 short circuit all my effort to victory after almost giving up at pg 15. just all I needed were there on a site I found in that page.

Whoa! shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Courses You Can Study Without Maths. In National Open University / LASPOTECH ADMISSION 2014/2015 FOR ALL LEVELS NOW AVAILABLE 08183700201 HURRY!!! / WAEC To Name & Shame Candidates, Staff Involved In Exam Malpractice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.