Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,798 members, 7,817,305 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola (21303 Views)

An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis / Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola / Pope Benedict Xvi Meets Ifa Priest Wande Abimbola, Others! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:56am On Sep 01, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
Bro I have a revelation to make.

Seriously. .

You are not a atheist. or a spiritualist.

You are a daym Pagan.

Most, if not all Nigerians (even if of Pagan mentality) would rather claim themselves to be atheist or christo-muslim. Theyare consciously or subconsciously influened by negative stigma attached to this word due to colonist influence.

The only person to openly declare himself as a Pagan on this site was CAMEROONPRIDE.
-Pagan is a combination fo science and spirituality. i had spoken on this before. the combination of medicine, astrology, astronomy, biology and spirituality.

LEt me tell you why I think you are a Pagan:

-You believe in culture, tribe, etc.

-You believe in science and spirituality.

what more? :/

do you know Paganism is not a religion in fact?

so then why is PAGAN 9JA promoting it as a religious movement?

Ans: to counter the heavy organized religious influenece encroaching on "Pure base Natural Ancient Tribal SPirituality". Human SPirituality.

what is the meaning of "Pagan" ?

It is a term used by the christians in europe to criticize and mock the Tribal commoner of the land.

Pagan means Villager in its loos translation.

There is no one Pagan religion. There as many Pagan religions as there are tribes of humans. Paganism is humanity combined at its finest.

Thanks bro.

Wouldn't it be a shame on me if I can quote bible from genesis to revelation. And quote from the quran but dont know anything about my culture, tradition and her spirituality? My African-american friend put it right to my face..... I became ashamed that I know little and someone thousands mile away from me and who doesn't have the chance to come here to learn about it in detail knows more than I do. That was the reason I deploy my attention to learn one or two things in tradition. Like I said, it really cool and im enjoying it.

I started the journey not too long.....I want to travel far in it and want to know more. What I learnt is in paganism, you can be secular, spiritual, atheist and worshipper. It doesn't carry force of worship and believe like christianity and islam. No hell, no eternal punishment but just your behaviour.

Iwa eni ni orisa eni (your behaviour is primarily your god)

ori eni ni aba bo, aba fi orisa sile (we should have worship our head(consciousness) instead of any gods)

Atheist, secular, freethinkers and scientist attributes and honour their intelligence and brain.....thats paganism bro. Paganism dont push people around.....you stick to whatever pleases and serve as utility to you. Everything in nature is god....admiration, praise and honour also means worshipping. It doesn't necessary mean bowing to it.

Ire

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:56am On Sep 01, 2013
Orunmila okunrin kukuru oke igeti.....mo juba

1 Like

Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by cold(m): 8:57am On Sep 01, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
Nobody should be compelled or cajoled out of his own way of life. It should be a crime to do that. But unfortunately, that is the stock in trade of Christianity and Islam. But do you think there are many Christians and Muslims who have completely left our tradition? You cannot count 10 percent of them who have done so. You cannot do it. Our traditions are so strong that they are still there. Traditions die hard. They never go away. If they are profound they will be there. Somebody may try to cover them up but when you dig they would be there.

This is what i detest about the Abrahamic faiths. If one didn't know any better,you'd be forgiven to think the world revolved around these folks alone. They're so opinionated & intent on foisting their opinion down everyone else's throat it's not even funny. Just worship your Jewish or Arabian man & let the rest of us get on with our lives. Is that too much to ask for?...Sigh
Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by rodeo0070(m): 8:57am On Sep 01, 2013

1 Like

Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by eightsin(m): 8:59am On Sep 01, 2013
I was here....i lost a gud few bitches cos of religion...me, i'm tired.

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by FRANCISEKE1(m): 9:02am On Sep 01, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Lol...another ifa verse quickly ran to my head.
Ofofo ni i peru
Epe a si pole
Iledida a pore
Alajobi ni payekan to sebi
A jo gbori ile, a jeku
A jo gbori ile, a jeja
A jo gbori ile, a je koko igbin
Ase dowo ile, a jo mu

*meaning gossip and twisting kills slave....curse kill thief.....betrayal kill friends.....umbilical cord kills family............but we shall live together...eat till death, eat and fight, eat from snail shell.....Ase belong to earth...we dine together.

Christian and muslim from African has betrayed their heritage.....the reason muslim kill and strike, christian divide and enemy conquer. If we had agree on our differences, we will all on these earth dine together.

The crossing and imposition of western belief system and Abrahamic religion did serious damage to uniformity and the core meaning that would have simplified all these confusion in Orisa practice here in Africa and in diaspora.
Some still think Eledumare is a humanlike skydaddy that is hungry for worship.

Some think Orun is heaven located somewhere in the sky.

Some think Irunmole is a monster drinking people's blood.

Some think Esu is lucifer

Some think Ogun is saint George or demon causing accident.

Ifa and Orisa is not something person can fight or die for.......it speak for itself and it standing tall now for itself.

Erm, i owe you some kolanut, bitterkola, palmwine and atare. Lol

Spirituality has been corrupted with religion but they are really different. If our scholars, philosophers and scientist can research on African spiritualism....Africa will rise again and beat her chest as the mother of the whole world.
every religion has a law.the commandment given to moses should be your fortress.else you are against God.and you no what awaits such belivers.hell fire.be super wise.africa will rise again in Godly path
Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:04am On Sep 01, 2013
FRANCIS EKE:
every religion has a law.the commandment given to moses should be your fortress.else you are against God.and you no what awaits such belivers.hell fire.be super wise.africa will rise again in Godly path

Modernized slave. Lol
Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by Pistolx(m): 9:07am On Sep 01, 2013
end time tinz threads#whoelse whil bring up a news like these than pagan 9jal
Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 01, 2013
ajanaku2:

He became a VC 'cos he's also a renowned and erudite Scholar and not just a revered Babalawo. He's actually a Full Professor of African Languages and Literature and has lectured in the best of the bests, Harvard University and a host of other Ivy-league Universities in the States...

Not only Professors of Engineering, Law or Surgery are qualified to be Vice Chancellors...If I ain't mistaken , the erstwhile VC of the University of Ilorin, Professor Ishaq Oloyede is a Professor of Islamic and Arabic studies...

Prof. Wande Abimbola is a professor of yoruba history contrary to your assertion above.
Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by cunlekkk(m): 9:19am On Sep 01, 2013
Atheism tinz on point. BABA AWOLOWO, lipsrsealed
Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by naptu2: 9:42am On Sep 01, 2013
naptu2: Funny thing I heard about Professor Abimbola.

A guy who attended Ife told me that sometimes they would plan a massive aluta and call out the students for a major demonstration (Ife was well known for their culture of "activism" ).

Professor Abimbola would come out to address them, "My children, I've heard you very well, you can now return to your hostels", and they would all go back to their hostels.

Getting back to their hostel, it's like they've just awoken from a trance or from a hypnotic state, "What just happened?", "Why are we back here", would be the questions on everybody's lips.
Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by Urine: 10:39am On Sep 01, 2013
Ifa olokun
Asoro dayo
Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by hammedkola(m): 10:58am On Sep 01, 2013
All what we called miracle is what they are calling science now!
Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by fujahbeez: 10:58am On Sep 01, 2013
Africans especially naijas are easy to believe whatever oyinbos says but always disregard our own tradition. The earlier we realise our tradition is d best,d better for us. All wee need is to develop it sincerely to provide solutions to our problems. Let's remember d oyinbos once came to African to steal our orisas for there own benefit. God has already given us leaves for our benefits. So, respect to prof wande abimbola $ d likes who still remain traditionalist.
Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by ajanaku2(m): 11:07am On Sep 01, 2013
Dr. Wise:

Prof. Wande Abimbola is a professor of yoruba history contrary to your assertion above.

Nigger...

Nothing stops a Professor of Jurisprudence at the University of Lagos from holding a Professorial role in International Law at the Lagos state University...

Several Dons out there hold multiple Professorial roles...Soyinka was a Professor of Comparative Literature at Ife, a Professor of Drama at Cornell, a Professor of the Arts at Emory and a Professor of Creative writing at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas; The late Marie Curie was a Professor of Inorganic Chemistry and a Professor of Physics. She actually won Nobel Prizes in both Physics and Chemistry, two different fields...

Professor Abimbola was conferred as a Professor of African Languages and Literature at Ife...Probably, a School where he taught in the States or some other place gave him the "Professor of Yoruba History" title...

#listening to Tupac's Better dayz (Vol. 2) album#

1 Like

Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by FortresOfChrist(f): 11:11am On Sep 01, 2013
The LORD of lords is calling you today. Christ the Lord of glory bless you soul with salvation.
Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by sotum2: 11:35am On Sep 01, 2013
Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by IdomaLikita: 11:50am On Sep 01, 2013
PAGAN 9ja, Thanx Loads for the info!
This Crazy Moderator has been hiding my posts cuz they r so full of praises for you!

I'm Proud of African Religion!

And I'm Glad Some People Are Going Extra Length to make us see the light!

I hope to see you Someday Sir!

I go cherish ur Autograph badly!

1 Like

Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by femiero: 11:50am On Sep 01, 2013
FortresOfChrist: The LORD of lords is calling you today. Christ the Lord of glory bless you soul with salvation.

Later you will start showing your female members a new level of grace. Ifa worshippers don't do that. So STFU!

1 Like

Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by fapcrook(m): 12:49pm On Sep 01, 2013
Pvt_Parts:

Allah is shaitan.
Muslims are slaves as Islam demands full submission.

Stop behaving like a FOOL, must u pass a comment? Leave Allah and Muslims oit of thid discussion, dont offend us this retardeen,

1 Like

Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by Boll2010: 12:55pm On Sep 01, 2013
Una just dy write incantations wey no get rhyme grin
Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by LagosBoi2(m): 1:05pm On Sep 01, 2013
@pagannaija

I like dog meat and my friend is bo ogun today, is there any side effect(spiritually) eating the dog meat

Pls i anticipate ur urgent reply, any other wiseman can answer me.

religious hypocrites stay off
Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by adicious(m): 1:28pm On Sep 01, 2013
Is He Wande Coal's Dad?
Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by Orikinla(m): 1:34pm On Sep 01, 2013
[size=18pt]Is that all the interview?
There is nothing new?

The reporter does not know how to ask questions.

The age of Ifa?
The origins of Ifa, Ogun, Sango?
Who was Orunmila?
How and when did Oduduwa meet Orunmila?
How did Orunmila relate with Olodumare?
Why do some Babalawos do evil?
Why do some Babalawos commit adultery?
Why do followers of Ifa embezzle public funds?
Why are their still human sacrifice in traditional Yoruba rituals? [/size]
Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by Tundeajani(m): 1:45pm On Sep 01, 2013
Pvt_Parts:

Allah is shaitan.

.if the submission is to the will of allah (S.T.A),nothing wrong inherent in that...but you are free to go and hug the nearest transformer if you are not happy with our resolves as servants of allah submit to his will as the glorious and supreme being.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by Sall(m): 3:54pm On Sep 01, 2013
Which father are u talking about , too quick to attack order poeples culture and religion. Trying so hard for an inported religion and who is interested in goin to ur fathers house build with gold and what is it again-- some one remind me "imagine:

1 Like

Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by kwajahafiz(m): 4:46pm On Sep 01, 2013
Africans...Christianity and Islam is not indigenious to you, and so you must return to your traditional religion. Or you will continue being insignificant to urselves and to the rest of the world. Wrong can never yield right. Christianity and Islam has definitely failed in Africa because of its inability to yield sustaianble peace.
You have tried thier own, now try yours, and join the successfull countries who never abandoned thier own.
India, Japan, China, England, America, Middle easterns. etc.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by ESULAALU: 4:51pm On Sep 01, 2013
Waohhhhhhh, i just enjoy reading g things like this o! I wish I could learn and rub minds with these ifa people
Am a christian so make no mistake but I am open minded enough to know that there is no harm in seeking understanding and knowledge in areas you are not clear about.
Ifa a gbe yin o!

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by zeedof(m): 5:33pm On Sep 01, 2013
Pvt_Parts:

Allah is shaitan.

huh.. People like are created to know the opposite of good. If you continue like u can't grow, u can only be unsuccessful human. Ur level of sentiment is outrageous.. Wish u could change and ask for forgiveness. I rest my case
Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by zeedof(m): 5:38pm On Sep 01, 2013
Orikinla: [size=18pt]Is that all the interview?
There is nothing new?

The reporter does not know how to ask questions.

The age of Ifa?
The origins of Ifa, Ogun, Sango?
Who was Orunmila?
How and when did Oduduwa meet Orunmila?
How did Orunmila relate with Olodumare?
Why do some Babalawos do evil?
Why do some Babalawos commit adultery?
Why do followers of Ifa embezzle public funds?
Why are their still human sacrifice in traditional Yoruba rituals? [/size]
mere looking at ur comment, its seems you sick for brain or you just coming from hospital.. Let this people be. 9ja with sentiment... Wawa people

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:42pm On Sep 01, 2013
Idoma Likita: PAGAN 9ja, Thanx Loads for the info!
This Crazy Moderator has been hiding my posts cuz they r so full of praises for you!

I'm Proud of African Religion!

And I'm Glad Some People Are Going Extra Length to make us see the light!

I hope to see you Someday Sir!

I go cherish ur Autograph badly!

hahahahaha THank You very much My dear!

Im very happy to read your feedback! I see you are Idoma. May the Idoma and Igala brethren soon return to their true spirituality and join the New Age based on Old values.

The Gods bless you! cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? / Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church / 2019: Mbaka Tells Nigerians To Brace Up For More Difficult Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.