Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? (19066 Views)

How Can I Cook Nigerian Stew Without Frying It / How Do I Cook Mama Put Stew? / How Do I Cook Pounded Yam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by Leilah(f): 3:30pm On Jun 13, 2008
HI GUYS! LISTEN I HAVE TRIED ALL THE DISHES I KNOW AND I OBTINAED THE RECIPES FOR SOUPS OFF THE INTERNET. ONLY THING I CAN GET RIGHT IS FRIED RICE. MY HUSBAND DOESNT LIEK EUROPEAN FOODS. I EXPLAINED TO HIM THAT I AM FOLLOWING RECIPES FROM INTERNET I AM LITERALLY THREE OR FOUR YEARS FOLLOWING THESE RECIPES AND WASTING MY MONEY AS THEY ARE NEVER EATEN (ESPECIALLY FROM HIM) I HAVE ASKED HIM ABOUT THIS ISSUE AND HE TELLS ME THAT I CAN MAKE THEM PROPERLY BUT NEVER EATS THEM.

HOWEVER, WHEN HE GOES TO HIS BROTHERS HOUSE AND IN PARTICULAR WHEN HE LIVED THERE BEFORE HE ALWAYS EATE SWALLOWS BUT WHEN I MAKE IT HE DOESNT. ITS INCREDIBLY ANNOYING. LAST NIGHT I MADE COUS COUS AS I MAKE THIS ONCE A WEEK AND HE COMLAINED. I TOLD HIM HE WILL HAVE TO GET SOMEONE TO TEACH ME HOW TO MAKE IGBO FOOD PROPERLY, BUT THERE IS NO ONE.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by MethodMan3(m): 4:33pm On Jun 13, 2008
Una neva halla!
Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by lucabrasi(m): 4:48pm On Jun 13, 2008
think u have to make friends with an igbo woman/girl or a nigerian to teach you cause cooking with just instructions isnt same as the hidden tips that u v got to know to make the food complete n edible,ill have thought having made that much effort he ll at least acknowledge it and eat n encourage you, once u get the tips and u do em a couple of times it ll be a breeze
Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by Leilah(f): 6:46pm On Jun 13, 2008
yeah thanks, he says he is not fussy about what he eats but then complains (not hugely) but says something. yeah, i am not friends with any igbo ladies i know some but they are not close enough to me. i am very good friends with urhobo ladies though so dunno, maybe they may know some things. thanks anyway.
Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by MethodMan3(m): 7:38pm On Jun 13, 2008
How u sef go enter internet dey go download recipes?! grin

It wont be a funny site if i find my wife on the internet downloading fufu-making recipe

I would forgive her if she downloads Indecency but the food wey i go chop?!NO WAY
Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 13, 2008
why dont u dump him and marry me, I will eat anything european food or alien food!
Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by JeSoul(f): 7:55pm On Jun 13, 2008
since you're not igbo how exactly does he expect you to be able to make igbo dishes?  angry  that is very unreasonable.

I know he's your husband but since he's complaining, tell him to go learn it and teach you! or better yet make it himself! It is nor fair that he does not even appreciate that you're trying to make an effort.

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by sbucareer(f): 7:56pm On Jun 13, 2008

Engineered, how can she marry you? She is in the UK and you are at Onitisha?
Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by MethodMan3(m): 7:58pm On Jun 13, 2008
sbucareer:

Engineered, how can she marry you? She is in the UK and you are at Onitisha?

levels grin
Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by totalfact(m): 8:00pm On Jun 13, 2008
Cook Gwote for him!
The best ever, for any man!
Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by sbucareer(f): 8:05pm On Jun 13, 2008

Leilah, at least he has brother that he goes to and eats his akpu and loilo with whatever soup. Ask him to get his brother to teach you to make whatever food he wants.

Also, he should not really complain, if food and fufu was so most of his interest in a woman, believe me he would not have married you unless he has a hidden agenda, which I believe he doesn't with the help of God
Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by sbucareer(f): 8:07pm On Jun 13, 2008

Method-Man oky!!! chia daa! Sorry Engineerd, more grease to your elbow.

cheesy
Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 13, 2008
how do u know i am in onitsha my heart is in onitsha, but my body is somewhere else!
Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 13, 2008
On a more serious note. I think u should just practice more, if ur husband is understanding, he wont be too hard on you. Dont let any igbo woman come to ur house to teach u how to make it if u love urself. cause before u know it she will be teaching ur husband how to do it in the bedroom, if u know what i mean smiley,

1 Like

Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by amberella: 9:26pm On Jun 13, 2008
The way it went in my house growing up was that you ate whatever my mom made, thanked her for it, and there was no complaining!

I don't know what kind of man complains when a woman cooks him food. If he doesnt like it, why doesn't he make it himself?

1 Like

Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by Ezinwannem: 9:46pm On Jun 13, 2008
why is he complaining? when he married you, didnt he know that you cannot cook Naija/igbo dishes? Can't he cook or teach u? Can't he suggest you visit his brother's house so you can learn from his wife cuz it is beyond looking it up from the internet? He knows the solution to his problems but he doesnt want to help himself just like how he would have prevented da complaning in the first place but he didnt

1 Like

Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by chrisoml(m): 10:18pm On Jun 13, 2008
I can't just imagine what d food she made from her internet recipes looks like grin
Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by popsonj(m): 10:38pm On Jun 13, 2008
You could imagine @chrisoml

The brother is repn where he comes from, you better do somn before
he dumps you for a real Igbo babe

But, are you igbo?
Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by Ibime(m): 10:55pm On Jun 13, 2008
Leila, you cannot cook Naija food from recipe until you have an understanding of Naija taste. First learn to cook rice and stew properly then Jollof rice. After you have perfected these, you will get an underlying sense of what Naija food is about. After that, you then have to learn the crayfish based foods such as soup, peppersoup, beans etc. I taught myself to cook Naija food from recipes my sister gave me but it took me almost two years to get an understanding or a flavour of what the food is about. After you get this understanding, you can easily make any food to perfection even if it is your first time making it.

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by PurestBoy(m): 11:05pm On Jun 13, 2008
downloading food recipe from the internet!!! wonders shall never heard
Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by Leilah(f): 11:14pm On Jun 13, 2008
yeah seriously, there is all the recipes for the soups. I can make stew, moin moin, jollof, fried, akara, beans and simple things like that. He never asked me to make his own traditional food but when he couldn't eat european and arabic food I began worrying. So, i resorted to the net and he said they were fine and the way there are supposed to be but only eate a small amount of them grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by popsonj(m): 11:15pm On Jun 13, 2008
I wonder if igbo recipes are on net  
Maybe you could be lucky
Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by Leilah(f): 11:19pm On Jun 13, 2008
they are, google onugbo, ofe nsala, ofe ogiri, oha etc.  i made a list of these, got all the ingredients and worked around it. The problem is I asked him was this the way the dish is supposed to taste and ook and he just says 'yah' it is, but however doesnt really eat much of it. I don't know whether perhaps he doesnt want to embarass me or something.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by Leilah(f): 11:21pm On Jun 13, 2008
thats why i resorted to the internet, no woman can enter my home that is not a lifelong friend. especially a pretty one from his own tribe. hell no.

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by popsonj(m): 11:27pm On Jun 13, 2008
lol! so scared of pretty women tailing ur hussy

I'll suggest u do some real research about this soups, it's not enough to get recipes
you have to get the taste right. If u can't allow igbo ladies in ur home, then find where
these soups are done, learn the way and know exactly how they taste. That will put
you on a better side and he won't have to pretend it's okay when it's not.

Mind you traditional soups are not like fried rice and chicken u've just gat to get it right

1 Like

Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by Leilah(f): 11:32pm On Jun 13, 2008
OH I KNOW, I JUST ASKED HIM THIS QUESTION AGAIN TONIGHT ABOUT THESE SOUPS AND HOW THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE. THE EGUSI ONE AND THE OKRO ONE IS VERY EASY I GUESS BUT THAT NSALA ONE, I CAN NEVER GET THAT ONE RIGHT. ANYWAYS YES THATS TRUE. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. kiss

1 Like

Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by Leilah(f): 11:34pm On Jun 13, 2008
ps: now he says im doing well and to keep up the good work. dont know, some men just have too much of football and things like that on their mind to comment on foods. ;d
Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by popsonj(m): 11:42pm On Jun 13, 2008
having things on ones mind won't prevent one from acknowledging simple truth i think
It's a 2 way thing you might be getting it right or not, which i still strongly
suggest you taste someone else's to be sure if u getting it right
Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by amberella: 12:10am On Jun 14, 2008
It seems like you are more anxious for him to enjoy your food than he is.

And what's with not allowing women into your home? Unless your husband is not trustworthy, this should not be an issue. And if your husband is not trustworthy, then I wonder why you're with him, let alone why you're tripping over yourself to impress him.
Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by popsonj(m): 12:12am On Jun 14, 2008
shocked shocked
Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by Leilah(f): 12:58am On Jun 14, 2008
i did not start this thread for people to capitalise on my personal life. this thread is not about whether or not i trust my husband. what is it of your business as to why i am with him amber?, as i have said this thread is not about that. i simply want the man to eat.

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? by Nobody: 2:01am On Jun 14, 2008
dont mind amber, some people just like to comment on matters that don't concern them, just cause they feel they can. I appreciate u leila, for u to come on Nairaland to ask for cooking help just so ur husband is pleased with u shows u are a woman of virtue smiley, Indeed your mom taught u well, so do u have any sister, age ranging btw 23 and 26

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

What Is "uyayak" / How Much Is One Derica Of Rice In Your Area / Safest Container For Moimoi Healthwise (leaf, Nylon, Tin, Aluminium Cups?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.