Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,088 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Jibola Dabo Attempted Suicide; How The Nigerian Actor Almost Killed Himself - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jibola Dabo Attempted Suicide; How The Nigerian Actor Almost Killed Himself (14111 Views)

Did You Know That Actress Ayo Mogaji & Actor Jibola Dabo Had A Child Together? / Fans Send Special Gifts To Tonto Dikeh After Her Attempted Suicide (photos) / Tonto Dikeh Talks About Attempted Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jibola Dabo Attempted Suicide; How The Nigerian Actor Almost Killed Himself by eluquenson(m): 9:36pm On Aug 31, 2013
Veteran Nollywood actor Jibola Dabo in this recent
interview with Christian Agadibe revealed his past
battle with depression that almost ended his life.
The grey-bearded actor who has over 30 years of
acting experience revealed how he almost killed
himself in his youth days.
Interview excerpt below;
Was there a time you were at the crossroads
and contemplated suicide?
Yeah…I wanted to run in front of a car at a point. I
was homeless; I had nowhere to sleep. There was no
food and I couldn’t steal so I just got tired of
everything so I closed my eyes and tried to jump in
front of a car and the guy who was at the wheels spat on me and said, ‘oloshi!’
What were you doing during that particular
time? I was looking for a job. I dropped out of secondary school because things were not happening so I said ‘let this thing just go!’At the time I was stuck. I left my village after I finished secondary school and came to earn a living but things just weren’t working out.
That was when I took the decision to end it all.
Eventually, things picked up a bit for my mum and I
went back home and finished secondary school and
then I started the second phase of my suffering. But
at that time, I had a focus; I knew that I was going to be okay.

Did you help your mum in hawking or
anything?
Oh yeah I did a lot of it. I know you probably read this from the paper or the net. I hawked agidi and
kerosene.
You talked about your late mother, what do
you miss about her?
My mum and I were very close. We talked a lot.
Among all her kids I was the closest to her; I was the one who always came and sat down with her and we talked. I miss that.
What was the best advice she gave to you?
She told me I was going to have a lot of women in my life like my father but she advised me never in my life should I come close to another man’s wife; I will not forget that advice.

Jibola Dabo is a polygamist and a popular
Nollywood actor. He turned 69 last month.

naijagists.com/jibola-dabo-attempted-suicide-how-the-nigerian-actor-almost-killed-himself/

Re: Jibola Dabo Attempted Suicide; How The Nigerian Actor Almost Killed Himself by dplomaticVal: 10:21pm On Aug 31, 2013
thnk gawd he didnt, otherwise we'd hav lost a rare lconoclast
Re: Jibola Dabo Attempted Suicide; How The Nigerian Actor Almost Killed Himself by JohnFrankling(m): 11:06pm On Aug 31, 2013
First was tonto, what's wrong?
Re: Jibola Dabo Attempted Suicide; How The Nigerian Actor Almost Killed Himself by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 31, 2013
John Frankling: First was tonto, what's wrong?
Dd u read the whole passage?? or u just wanted to b 1st to comment

2 Likes

Re: Jibola Dabo Attempted Suicide; How The Nigerian Actor Almost Killed Himself by DankemzI(m): 4:16am On Sep 01, 2013
John Frankling: First was tonto, what's wrong?
Leke Leke Give me white Finger ***** Ails
Re: Jibola Dabo Attempted Suicide; How The Nigerian Actor Almost Killed Himself by Isiterere(m): 7:16am On Sep 01, 2013
eluquenson:

Jibola Dabo is a polygamist and a popular
Nollywood actor. He turned 69 last month.

I doubt the age abeg (ignore the white beard )
If he is 69yrs, I envy him .
Re: Jibola Dabo Attempted Suicide; How The Nigerian Actor Almost Killed Himself by Tolexander: 7:32am On Sep 01, 2013
DankemzI: Leke Leke Give me white Finger ***** Ails
eiye adaba give me white finger ***** Ails

thank God he didn't commit the suicide. Had he committed the act, this thread would never exist and none of us would comment on it.
Re: Jibola Dabo Attempted Suicide; How The Nigerian Actor Almost Killed Himself by ednut1(m): 7:39am On Sep 01, 2013
Dis man go don taste tonto toto hehehehehe
Re: Jibola Dabo Attempted Suicide; How The Nigerian Actor Almost Killed Himself by hod898(m): 7:56am On Sep 01, 2013
Life is wonderful! God saved this man that day, if not, he'd have been HISTORY. Most successful ppl today had a rough beginning but they took the bitter pill and paid the price for success--hardwork.
Success is the Price for the Prize.
Re: Jibola Dabo Attempted Suicide; How The Nigerian Actor Almost Killed Himself by tunkano: 7:19pm On Sep 01, 2013
drug and more drugs. u get ? coded.
Re: Jibola Dabo Attempted Suicide; How The Nigerian Actor Almost Killed Himself by Rukitop(f): 8:21pm On Sep 01, 2013
He looks very agile&healthy@69. Thank God for your life Uncle Jibola

(1) (Reply)

Sony Music Postponed Davido Music Project, Son Of Mercy EP [PICS] / Meet The Three Wives Of The Psquare Dynasty / What You Don't Know About Pastor Femi Emmanuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.