Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

George Bush Falsefully Announces Nelson Mandela's Death - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / George Bush Falsefully Announces Nelson Mandela's Death (903 Views)

Nelson Mandela Is Dead / Amnesty Intl Urges African Countries To Arrest George Bush When He Visits Africa / Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

George Bush Falsefully Announces Nelson Mandela's Death by lurge(m): 7:50pm On Sep 01, 2013

The health and well being of former South African president Nelson Mandela has been the topic of discussion for a long time now with various media houses falsely announcing and retracting his death.

Joining this group of rumour mongers is former U.S president George Bush. A statement from the Bush office released Sunday September 1st, reads:
“Barbara and I mourn the passing of one of the greatest believers in freedom we have had the privilege to know. As President, I watched in wonder as Nelson Mandela had the remarkable capacity to forgive his jailers following 26 years of wrongful imprisonment — setting a powerful example of redemption and grace for us all. He was a man of tremendous moral courage, who changed the course of history in his country. Barbara and I had great respect for President Mandela, and send our condolences to his family and countrymen.”

However, the South African presidential spokesman Mac Maharaj rejected the statement saying:“It is clearly incorrect. We see it as an error on his side,” and aren’t making a big deal about it. They say Nelson Mandela was earlier discharged from a hospital and driven in an ambulance to his Johannesburg home where he is under intensive care by medical experts.

George Bush’s spokesman Jim McGrath later apologized with a tweet saying:“The 41 statement sent this morning was the result of my mis-reading the header on the WaPo news flash. Stupid mistake by me. Apologies to all”.

In my opinion, most of them expect Nelson Mandela’s anytime soon and want to be the first to make a statement about it so they’ll be seen as really sensitive.
They’ve already prepared the speech and carelessly release it before time due to over eagerness. Its all a game of mass seduction but for the media and the politicians.
Source:http://www.naijawhistle.com/george-bush-wants-mandela-dead/
Re: George Bush Falsefully Announces Nelson Mandela's Death by demelza: 8:10pm On Sep 01, 2013
Good old Bush, still making ridiculous gaffes despite being out of office for over 4yrs.
Looking at Romney and him, I guess its a Republican thing.
In the event of Mandela's demise, I hope they dont release this same speech. They should accord Madiba that courtesy.

(1) (Reply)

Ukranian Children Get Their Hands On Tanks And Rocket Launchers / Ukraine’s Military Commander: No Russian Troops Are In Ukraine / World Leader With Longest Name!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.