Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Nigeria Signs African Virtual University Charter - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria Signs African Virtual University Charter (519 Views)

Apply: Earth Charter Plus 15 Photo Contest / SOA Administration Online And Virtual Training At Rnselearning / Promote Yourself With The ICAN Charter Easily Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Signs African Virtual University Charter by TDN: 5:29pm On Sep 02, 2013
Nigeria Signs African Virtual University Charter
… Delegation Visits NUC

To complement Nigeria’s commitment to the innovative application of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in quality higher education delivery, the Honourable Minister of Education, Professor Ruqayyatu Ahmed Rufa’i, OON, on behalf of the Federal Government, on Tuesday, 20 August, 2013, signed the African Virtual University (AVU) Charter, making it the 18th Member State of the Virtual University concept.

At the signing ceremony, which took place at the Minister’s conference room, Abuja, Professor Rufa’i gave the assurance that Nigeria would continue to support the AVU as a beacon for the promotion of e-learning, for quality education delivery in Africa, saying that the commitment to e-learning led the government to establish an Open and Distance Education Department in the National Universities Commission (NUC) and to consistently support the growth of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN).

https://www.facebook.com/pages/National-Universities-Commission/153655261473222

(1) (Reply)

Admission List 4 2013 Student Is Out I Av Checked Mine / ASUU / Imperial College Business Presents "The Nigerian Leadership Forum"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.