Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal (27117 Views)

Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal / Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal / Didier Drogba Signs For Shanghai Shenhua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 03, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: Jose Mourinho: "Ozil is the best number 10 in the world and we rejected the Arsenal offer for Ba because they are now title contenders"
Thanks for enlightening the haters although this may not change them.
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by dotcomnamename: 12:27pm On Sep 03, 2013
Easyfren: Thanks for enlightening the haters although this may not change them.

That proud moment when every Man United and Chelsea fan in my street congratulate me for signing Ozil! grin
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Jomark(m): 12:27pm On Sep 03, 2013
D'gaffer:
......dats d issue ooo cos barclays premier league is not like La liga cos its compentivite
...Alomo brain is has posted. Mata,Fab, cazorla,Yaya toure andTorress all came from Spain And become an instant hit but it's the opposite we see when a player moves from England to Spain. So jealousy ppl make una fold una mouth. Our darling ozil will do well. Singing: *una dey jealous me o*
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Jomark(m): 12:33pm On Sep 03, 2013
Smooyis: Thanks bro. They think Wenger is dat stupid to cough out 50Million pounds on a 2nd class player. Na envi dey do som pple, esp chelsea fans. Den kno say we go tough dem dis time around. Una neva see anytin.
... According to daily mail, UK, chelski refused to let ba go to arsenal on loan bcuz mou now sees arsenal as title contenders after announcing the signing of Ozil
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by dotcomnamename: 12:43pm On Sep 03, 2013
[size=15pt]The below comments are from Chelsea fan, Madrid fan, Man United fan, Barcelona fan, and etc:[/size]

Top Comments

Med soufiane
Med soufiane 8 hours ago
the end of CR7 ...
Reply · 85

Leon245

Leon245 5 hours ago: Some things we can say about this:

- Arsenal made a world class signing, top 5 CAM in the world! Absolutely amazing!
- Real Madrid is stupid to sell him. I can not see any reason for that. They lost their creator.
- Barcelona is thanking Arsenal for that. He was making assist after assist against them.
- Man.United fans are thinking "WTF? What about us?" Well, Sir Alex is not there anymore. It happens.

Happy to see him in Premier League! Congratulations Arsenal!
Chelsea fan here.
Reply · 32
=========================

nina capila 1 hour ago
Ronaldo is going to miss him. Happy for Arsenal though.... Sad day for me as a Real fan :
============================

khaled ishaq 2 hours ago
How crazy madrid have to be to sell this player!
===========================

okano186 3 hours ago
Thank you, to be fair he didn't really want to leave Madrid, but with the Bale and Isco move...still Perez shouldn't have had let him go.
Reply · in reply to paspoert123 (Show the comment)

Mateusz Kopeć 3 hours ago
Thanks Mesut!
Ronaldo will leave next summer because of the transfer of Ozil. This is the beginning of the end of Florentino Perez.

Anon Jack 5 hours ago
By signing Bale, Madrid increased their chances of winning the CL by 42 percent. But by selling Ozil, they decreased it by 85.
Reply · 12
==========================

PopcornPlayerrr 5 hours ago
I'm a Man United fan, but i can't believe we pulled this Ozil deal off. Fukin incredible
=========================

Trung Cesc 5 hours ago
buy bale and sale oezil,poor brain sad ·

ninoalvardo9 7 hours ago
he's so special to us because madrid developed him, he's our best playmaker since zidane & he's the best CAM in the world. he changes a game with 1 pass. ozil gave his all every game & he always showed up against barcelona. every madridsta is upset that we sold our best midfielder. arsenal will be 10x stronger with him on the pitch & he'll make giroud one of the best strikers in the world. good luck in the epl man, i'll be watching u guys every weekend & cheering on for you guys.
==========================

HATERS, IF YOU NEED MORE COMMENTS FROM YOUR CLUB FANS OR OTHER CLUB FANS ABOUT OZIL, I WILL POST THEM FOR YOU grin
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by oduaman: 12:58pm On Sep 03, 2013
Choi haters make una hang una self oo
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by dotcomnamename: 1:05pm On Sep 03, 2013
ARSENE WENGER

Sharp Brain like IBB grin

Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by dotcomnamename: 1:10pm On Sep 03, 2013
HATERS MUST SEE THIS

Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 03, 2013
Nothing less than 1 cup this season.Podi and Giboy are gd strikes,Nick Bentner will be coming from bench am nw happy with Wenger.
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by michealade(m): 2:03pm On Sep 03, 2013
faakay: Wenger doesn't like to spend big on player, but how come he bought Ozil for 50 Million Euros, it's too expensive!!

I don't think an average player like ozil worth that kind of amouth undecided
you are really asleep
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by dotcomnamename: 2:06pm On Sep 03, 2013
michealade: you are really asleep

No he's not! I saw him smoking Cannabis grin

1 Like

Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Omooba77: 2:23pm On Sep 03, 2013
Easyfren: Methinks Chelsea and United fans at war over Ozil's signing are appreciating in disguise.
Mouhinro knows all about him, that is why he tried to block Demba Ba, because he sees Arsenal a threat and on fire.......................
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Sholexyz(m): 3:05pm On Sep 03, 2013
So hapi we got ozil,can't wait 4 d combination btw him n carzola.. Carzola + 0zil= CarOzil.. Up gunnerz... Haterz hug transformer..
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by dotcomnamename: 3:13pm On Sep 03, 2013
Özil: "In Madrid, only the Spanish are valued. In 3 years there, they never chanted my name. In Isco's first game, they chanted for him."

At Arsenal, We will Chant for you like crazy!, Ask Cazorla he'll tell you! grin

Benzema on his official facebook page:Thank you Mesut See you soon bro..

Does this means he will be the next Guuner on January .
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Olumidzti(m): 4:13pm On Sep 03, 2013
theoctopus:

What? The thought of Ronaldo, Isco and Bale running at a defense is scary. Isco is better than Ozil by 1000 miles. You know nothing about football man. Absolutely nothing. hahahaha
'isco is better than Ozil by 1000 miles' that alone shows you don't know what you're saying...
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Olumidzti(m): 4:19pm On Sep 03, 2013
theoctopus:

If Madrid thinks he is that good, they would not sell him. Madrid is not a selling club. They have the money. Have you ever thought of that? Ozil was already loosing playing time towards the end of last season.
considering how frugal wenger is with money, he wouldn't buy a player for that amount if he's nt good..
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 03, 2013
theoctopus:

I know you are excited lol. But dont be delusional that a team that have signed 3 to 4 solid players in all departments will be jealous of a team that signed only one and has no solid bench. lol. Now you are being delusional. Arsenal has still not signed a replacement for Song. Ozil is not and never was a game changer. He is a fluid player for a fluid team but never a game changer in Madrid or elsewhere. You can enjoy yourself though, nothing spoil
shhhh! Am a madrid fan, i can tell you that Ozil is a Play maker. Unfortunately, other Playmakers like Modric, Isco, Ororo and Bale are in same team! Ozil will do what he's good at in Arsenal- assist more and score less. Unselfish player. I love that guy, he's like no other.
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by AkparantaVic(m): 6:29pm On Sep 03, 2013
slap1: If you are coming from PH. Stop at Fly-Over junction, Aba. Ask people for where you will get a bus to main park. When you get to main park, you will see vehicles loading for Ikot-Ekpene/Uyo. Safe journey!
Tank u very much,I have been stock in traffic for over 3hrs now at onne refinary road.
Lord I need ur help.

1 Like

Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by ademo1: 6:32pm On Sep 03, 2013
pro01: Panic buy, if you ask me. I don't see how Ozil is worth anything close to €50m, and I don't think he is such an outstanding player that will dramatically improve Arsenal's trophy chances this season, single-handed.

Well, let Arsenal fans hope this "statement" is a sign of things to come NEXT season. . . . .this season would be business as usual for them.
U CAN NEVER SEE GOOD THING HAPPENING IN ARSENAL BECAUSE U HATE THE GOOD CLUB. LET CALL A SPADE A SPADE AND SENTIMENT APART, THE OZIL IS A GOOD BUY MY GUY. BURRY UR SENTIMENT INTO UR ASSSSSSS
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by dotcomnamename: 7:04pm On Sep 03, 2013
For those who believe stats isn’t enough to convince you, why not check him out in action?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt32zpP2haQ

Now the immediate question would be, where will Wenger play his diamond? To find a possible answer let’s take help from the pitch map of the number of chances he created last season for Real Madrid.

As is clearly evident, he is someone who is a creator and it does mean he will certainly play in the Central Attacking Midfielder Role. This means Santi Cazorla would have to put his shifts out wide on the left and Theo Walcott with all his pace and trickery play our right. Jack Wilshere and Mickel Arteta when fit will play as the double pivot of the 4-2-3-1 with Oliver Giroud up front on his own.

Ozil’s goalscoring record isn’t bad either – in fact, Ozil boasted La Liga’s best conversion rate last season after netting with 9 of his 30 shots (that’s 41% accuracy – better than Lionel Messi’s 35%). Moreover he can shoot from distance perfectly matching with Wenger’s balanced waiting approach.

Tactical Analysis with Ozil in Starting Eleven of Arsenal and Change in Approach:

I would say Ozil would be the focal point of all Arsenal Attacks. As seen from the tactics board, The two wing backs in Sagna and Gibbs would give enough width on the pitch. Ateta once fit will take up the CDM role allowing Wilshere to push forward and join Ozil. As Bleacher Report suggests: The question will not be how Ozil will fit into Wenger’s lineup at Arsenal, but how Wenger will adapt his system to best complement the playmaker’s talents—consideration the German was not given at Real. The Gunners currently play a counterattacking game, which suited Ozil perfectly at the 2010 World Cup. He’ll be the first outlet from the back, and his ability to evade defenders and play the ball forward to the likes of Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will add a new dimension to the Arsenal counterattack.

Just have a look what I am trying to saying below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Grp-I59dNw

Ozil cuts inside lays a nice ball to Khedira who does the rest. Let’s be assured Giroud will get a lot of balls like that this campiagn, as the form that the Frenchman is in, expect him to score quite a lot this campaign

Inevitably as seen from my tactics board, Thomas Rosicky and Lukas Podoslki won’t feature in the starting Eleven. Now this is certainly cruel given the start Rosicky has had a superb start to the campaign. Despite being penned in as a holding midfielder—in the role moulded for Jack Wilshere and Mikel Arteta in the current campaign—Rosicky was most active in the final third. With the way that Arsene Wenger’s designated three central midfielders shift and rotate constantly, the Czech playmaker’s decisions to join in on the attack did no disservice to the Arsenal defense. Given his willingness and desire to put in tackles a defender would be proud of (he’s quite adept at the sliding challenge), you couldn’t say he shirks his defensive responsibilities, either. But with now Ozil joining the Gunners, it looks like the plethora of midfielders Wenger has at his disposal, Rosicky’s playing time will be down to cup ties and coming from the bench. However there is bad news for Lukas Podolski.

How much Arsenal would be in the title race come April next year is quite questionable and debatable at best, but these are certainly good times ahead for the Gunners. They have almost rubbed off their debt, playing attractive football, the Wenger way.

Yes people would question their trophy claims over the last eight years, Arsenal would still be at the end of lame jokes claiming the dust on their trophy room have caused allergy to their players. But even the pessimist of those at the Emirates would feel this is perhaps the time, the azure skies finally open up. As one of my carzy Arsenal Friends would say, Come on You Gunners!!!!!

Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 03, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: Özil: "In Madrid, only the Spanish are valued. In 3 years there, they never chanted my name. In Isco's first game, they chanted for him."

At Arsenal, We will Chant for you like crazy!, Ask Cazorla he'll tell you! grin

Benzema on his official facebook page:Thank you Mesut See you soon bro..

Does this means he will be the next Guuner on January .

Time will tell . . .
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by dotcomnamename: 9:05pm On Sep 03, 2013
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by McStoic(m): 2:20am On Sep 04, 2013
fem474: Can he replicate his form in the fast paced EPL?
Have Hazard, Oscar, Mata coped with the fast paced EPL? Has Aguero coped with the fast paced EPL? Has Kagawa coped with the fast paced EPL? Your guess is as good as mine. So why would a world clas player who has proved himself consistently in more than one league be different?.......Bad belle no good o. Learn to appreciate a good thing for Pete's sake even if na once!!!
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by slap1(m): 7:35am On Sep 04, 2013
AkparantaVic:
Tank u very much,I have been stock in traffic for over 3hrs now at onne refinary road.
Lord I need ur help.
Eiyaah! It's quite late, judging from the time of your post. Had I seen it earlier, I would have waited for you along the expressway and maybe provide a place to pass the night. . . I do hope you arrived safely though.
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Petram(m): 9:33am On Sep 04, 2013
wenger did so to calm down fans.
gsparks01:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/02/mesut-ozil-arsenal-real-madrid

German international Ozil joins Arsenal

German international midfielder Mesut Ozil has joined Arsenal on a long-term contract in a Club record deal.

Ozil, 24, joins Arsenal from Real Madrid where he made a total of 159 appearances in three years. During that time he won both La Liga and the Copa del Rey.

The attacking midfielder has been a long-term target and manager Arsène Wenger said: “We are extremely pleased to have signed Mesut Ozil. He is a great player, with proven quality at both club and international level. We have watched and admired him for some time as he has all the attributes I look for in an Arsenal player.
“Mr Kroenke, our controlling owner, has always fully supported Arsène and the Club in making significant investments to strengthen our squad and to bring in talented players who fit our style and ambitions.

"Like all of us, Mr Kroenke wants to see Arsenal winning titles and trophies and he has absolute faith and belief in our manager to achieve that. We will continue to work towards that goal and look forward to an exciting season.”

Ozil joined his hometown club Schalke in 2006 at the age of 18 and, after spending two years with the Gelsenkirchen club, he made the move to Bundesliga side Werder Bremen in 2008. After making 71 appearances with Bremen, Ozil made the move to Real Madrid following impressive displays at the World Cup in South Africa. He has made 47 appearances for his country, scoring 17 goals.

Speaking after completing his medical in Germany, Ozil said: “I am thrilled to be joining a club of the stature of Arsenal and am looking forward to playing in the Premier League. It will be great for my own personal development as a player and I am particularly looking forward to working with Arsène Wenger.

“From our negotiations it is clear the Club has huge ambition and I look forward to being part of an exciting future.”

Everyone at Arsenal welcomes Mesut to the Club. The deal is subject to the completion of regulatory processes. His number will be announced via @Arsenal on Twitter shortly.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/german-international-ozil-joins-arsenal
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by dotcomnamename: 9:48am On Sep 04, 2013
Petram: wenger did so to calm down fans.

Sharappppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by gsparks01(m): 10:12am On Sep 04, 2013
^Daz all
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by moonme(m): 10:24am On Sep 04, 2013
Guess its the arrival of MESUT OZIL Cos Gunners are now very active!wot are you waiting for?? You too place your order at edges jersey today!!!
... CONTACTS:BB 2682CD1F, Whatsapp 08081599157 |Hotline:08075500391,Email:Edgesjersey44@gmail.com & you can follow us on twitter @EDGES_JERSEY.delivery is nationwide!!

1 Like

Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by emmanuelanjili(m): 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2013
Ozil u are welcome to Arsenal,wishing u all the best in ur career.
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by dotcomnamename: 8:57pm On Sep 04, 2013
Real Madrid's brain has been taken away by Arsenal grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlVK_w0hqls
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by AlyricistLaura: 9:14pm On Sep 10, 2013
LmL@Go take your Malaria Tablets
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by gsparks01(m): 4:40pm On Mar 22, 2018
Gwekzy:
Its a Pity this talented maestro ll remain trophy less 4 d remainder of his life.....Wit dis move I can confirm dat the 'END TIME TINZ' is 4 real...
5 years later, it's a pity he didn't win any trophy. You were right.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aston Villa Vs Manchester United (2 - 2) On 15th January 2022 / Atletico Madrid Vs Manchester City UCL (0 - 0) On 13th April 2022 / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Arsenal (3 - 0) On May 12th 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.