Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal (27111 Views)

Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal / Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal / Didier Drogba Signs For Shanghai Shenhua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 03, 2013
Wenger doesn't like to spend big on player, but how come he bought Ozil for 50 Million Euros, it's too expensive!!

I don't think an average player like ozil worth that kind of amouth undecided
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by PuffyT1(m): 9:35am On Sep 03, 2013
so Arsene 'deadline day' Wenger get this kain money before :oso....End tym spending
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 03, 2013
faakay: Wenger doesn't like to spend big on player, but how come he bought Ozil for 50 Million Euros, it's too expensive!!

Do you watch football at all? If you do, mention one midfielder in EPL that is better than Ozil?
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Joeself1(m): 9:44am On Sep 03, 2013
Olumidzti: Yes! Who would have *thunk* it? £43m!!! Now we have Ozil, Cazorla, Arteta, Wilshere, Flamini, Ramsey, Rosicky in the midfield. That is unarguably the best midfield in the premier league...
if i hear....4 ur fake mind abi where Lampard+Mikel+Mata+Ramires+Harzard+Oscar+Schurrle+Van Ginkel+De Bruyne+Willian+Essien dey....no worry sha , una go win TOP 4 TROPHY!
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by AreaFada2: 9:51am On Sep 03, 2013
slap1: Whatever that means, La Liga players usually thrive in the EPL. Michu, Mata, Cazorla, Silva, Aguero, Torres (Liverpool), Reyes, etc. Maybe players from French League 1 have problem adapting to the EPL, except a few like Drogba, Nasri, Hazard, Kolscieny, Giroud, etc.

What of French players like Sylvain Wiltord, Emmanuel Petit, Robert Pires, Eric Cantona, Ginola etc? Or you were not old enough when they were in EPL? All made an impact because they were all quality players. Buying £5 million players from France and expecting much is not realistic.

I can even include Vieira and Henry because they spent very short time in Italy (mostly on the bench) and were products of French league.
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by dabrake(m): 9:55am On Sep 03, 2013
saintvc: I wonder why arsenal likes last minute transfer?
If Wenger had signed Ozil during the first week of June, we would have paid him 12 weeks wage by now which is about GBP 1.2M.

Arsene knows.
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by VoltaireQ: 9:55am On Sep 03, 2013
slap1: Are you serious? We beat Man U in pre-season with their starting XI, Cazorla was even on the bench until we won. We bossed the midfield with 'inexperienced' players! For me, City have no midfield!

Now to Chelsea.Even my granny knows that [s]Ramsey > Ramires, Wilshere > Oscar, Cazorla > Mata (one foot), Ozil > Lampard and Willian... I don't want to talk of Rosiscky, he's absolute class! Can't wait to play Chelsea! I just can't!
[/s]

Glad it's your granny, as no football follower would drop a worse faux pas than that.

Let's sort it out bit by bit, would you...

"Ramsey>Ramires"

'Arsene spend some Effin Cash' has become 'Arsene Effin Awesome' in the space of 10 days eh?

Ramsey ON PRESENT FORM is up there,but don't even try to suggest he's a better DMF/CMF/winger/ANY ROLE better than Ramires.

Wilshere>Oscar. shocked shocked

Wilshere.Cheeky Punt there.

Barely shrugging off his less-of-a-thug identikit mate (Cleverley),and he's now better than Oscar?
THE Brazilian #10?

Wishere?WHAT DOES HE DO REALLY?

DOESN'T

-SCORE ENOUGH

-TACKLE ENOUGH

-PASS ENOUGH TO PUT HIS NAME ON THE MAP

-Arsenal look a better organized side without him in the team

-Doesn't cut it as an AMF,and save for the injury to Arteta,won't start week-in week-out as a DMF

What's behind the hype Really?THAT Night in Camp Nou?? undecided

"Cazorla>Mata One Foot"

Shot yourself in the 'foot' there,bringing up the Special Juan wrt Cazorla.Mata's Lefff Foot makes mince-meat of Cazorla's Ambidextrous feet IN ANY Contribution on the pitch.Over ANY TIME FAME.@OptaJoe is your Friend

Ozil>Lampard and Willian

cry cry cry oh Super Frankie

Congrats on stringing me along the whole time.You Almost Got me at "City have no midfield".Now it's All Clear.

You're a Troll...and it's beyong amusing now.

Congrats to the grin Level-Headed grin Gunners out there.

2 points on the Class Ranks with Ozil there.

Who Knows...you lot could grow a pair and Win 'The Big Ears' grin grin grin

Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by slap1(m): 10:23am On Sep 03, 2013
Area-Fada:

What of French players like Sylvain Wiltord, Emmanuel Petit, Robert Pires, Eric Cantona, Ginola etc? Or you were not old enough when they were in EPL? All made an impact because they were all quality players. Buying £5 million players from France and expecting much is not realistic.

I can even include Vieira and Henry because they spent very short time in Italy (mostly on the bench) and were products of French league.
I listed the more recent history. I also watched Pires in the EPL.
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by slap1(m): 10:25am On Sep 03, 2013
Voltaire_Q:
[/s]
Glad it's your granny, as any football follower wouldn't drop a worse faux pas than that.Let's sort it out bit by bit, would you...
"Ramsey>Ramires".
Of Course it's an Arsenal topic,it's a default to be carried away with the moment,'Arsene spend some Effin Cash' has become 'Arsene Effin Awesome' in the space of 10 days.Ramsey ON PRESENT FORM is up there,but don't even try to suggest he's a better DMF/CMF/winger/ANY ROLE better than Ramires.
Wilshere.Cheeky Punt there.Barely shrugging off his less-of-a-thug identikit mate (Cleverley),and he's now better than Oscar
Could you please write in English?
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Prosper793: 10:32am On Sep 03, 2013
slap1: Could you please write in English?

Brother, we also have a translator to translate that lucid English for you, if you don't mind asking for it.
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by slap1(m): 10:43am On Sep 03, 2013
Prosper793:

Brother, we also have a translator to translate that lucid English for you, if you don't mind asking for it.
You need a translator more than anyone, if that is your definition of "lucid" English.

1 Like

Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by jmaine: 10:44am On Sep 03, 2013
Voltaire_Q:
[/s]
Glad it's your granny, as any football follower wouldn't drop a worse faux pas than that.Let's sort it out bit by bit, would you...
"Ramsey>Ramires".
Of Course it's an Arsenal topic,it's a default to be carried away with the moment,'Arsene spend some Effin Cash' has become 'Arsene Effin Awesome' in the space of 10 days.Ramsey ON PRESENT FORM is up there,but don't even try to suggest he's a better DMF/CMF/winger/ANY ROLE better than Ramires.
Wilshere.Cheeky Punt there.Barely shrugging off his less-of-a-thug identikit mate (Cleverley),and he's now better than Oscar?THE Brazilian #10?
Wishere?WHAT DOES HE DO REALLY?
DOESN'T
-SCORE ENOUGH
-TACKLE ENOUGH
-PASS ENOUGH TO PUT HIS NAME ON THE MAP
-Arsenal look a better organized side without him in the team
-Doesn't cut it as an AMF,and save for the injury to Arteta,won't start week-in week-out as a DMF
What's behind the hype Really?THAT Night in Camp Nou?? undecided
"Cazorla>Mata One Foot"
Shot yourself in the 'foot' there,bringing up the Special Juan wrt Cazorla.Mata's Lefff Foot makes mince-meat of Cazorla's Ambidextrous feet IN ANY Contribution on the pitch.Over ANY TIME FAME.@OptaJoe is your Friend
Ozil>Lampard and Willian
cry cry cry oh Super Frankie
Congrats on stringing me along the whole time.You Almost Got me at "City have no midfield".Now it's All Clear.[/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]You're a Troll...and it's beyong amusing now.
Congrats to the grin Level-Headed grin Gunners out there.2 points on the Class Ranks with Ozil there.
Who Knows...you lot could grow a pair and Win 'The Big Ears' grin grin grin
Viva Le Roman's Blue Army!!!!

What is this Niggy saying ? undecided
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by slap1(m): 10:49am On Sep 03, 2013
jmaine:

What is this Niggy saying ? undecided
''lucid'' English, I hear.
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Yahoo1(m): 10:51am On Sep 03, 2013
D'gaffer:
......dats d issue ooo cos barclays premier league is not like La liga cos its compentivite
and yet Mata,Carzola*,Michu,etcetra are thriving dere? abeg mk una stop dis rubbish. we all kn epl is competitive,thats got noting to do with the ability of a player....Navas is still doin what he does in la liga in Epl,same as silva,Negredo. Aczilipueta(is dat d spelling,lol) is still as gud,same as Monreal. just to name a few.
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 03, 2013
ARSENAL FANS DEY JUBILATE LIKE SAY OZIEL NA TROPHY
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by pabloaimar(m): 11:19am On Sep 03, 2013
We had RVP and his slogans are:-
"Who needs a batman when we have ROBIN?"
"He scores whenever he wants"

We had Cesc Fabregas and his slogans is:-
"El-Capitan"

We had Andrei Arshavin and his Slogan is:-
"The russian lionel messi"

Then we had Thierry Henry and his Slogan is:-
"IGWE"

Now there is Mesut Ozil, now the club's Slogan will be:-
"We buy whenever we want, no matter the amount"

Trust Arsenal Fans, He will be given a Slogan soon!
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Rencent(m): 11:20am On Sep 03, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

He's Lazy and Man United was in race for him!

He is Lazy, both Chelsea and Man United fans are been jealous saying Madrid made a silly mistake for selling Ozil to
Arsenal.

He's lazy non of the Chelsea and MAn U fan sleep until they want to see Arsenal progress of landing Ozil whether its true or not.

I pray that na so your enemy wont sleep until he heard the good news of your progress in life. Amen.

Pls claim it by typing a big AMEN grin

AMEN
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by gideonjeta(m): 11:22am On Sep 03, 2013
Emzybrown: ARSENAL FANS DEY JUBILATE LIKE SAY OZIEL NA TROPHY

Dude we are jubilating because we are conscious or aware of the quality that ozil possesses and what he will add to the arsenal team. Please watch highlights of Ozil matches for Real Madrid in previous seasons for you to understand why arsenal fans are happy with the acquisition.
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by pabloaimar(m): 11:23am On Sep 03, 2013
If Arsenal Fans don't sing: " Cazorla to the left of me, Ozil to the right, here I am stuck in the middle Giroud" I'll be disappointed.
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by pabloaimar(m): 11:28am On Sep 03, 2013
Emzybrown: ARSENAL FANS DEY JUBILATE LIKE SAY OZIEL NA TROPHY

It adds quality to the squad which means that the doors are open for more quality and marquee names to come into the Arsenal folds, imagine a midfield full of quality I.e cazorla, rosicky, wilshere, chamberlain, walcott, ramsey, arteta, diaby, flamini, gnabry, eisfeld. Then you will know that there's quality in this team
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Prosper793: 11:31am On Sep 03, 2013
slap1: You need a translator more than anyone, if that is your definition of "lucid" English.

LOL! Sorry, never knew the dude was typing in arabic from your perception.
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by lastpage: 11:40am On Sep 03, 2013
dr dams: Wenger no dey carry last!! Watch out for lyk 3 players wey im go sell to recover im moni..

Moi, you be real crase! grin grin

But seriously, Arsenal does not need another Midfielder/playmaker!
We got excess of those already!

What we need is a top-class 50-Million Pound Striker ....even from a Brazilian or Any South America league! ;.

We will do all the playing, all the tap-tap tiki-taka .... But Nobody to put the ball behind the net!

Result: Fighting for 4th place! ... No trophy again
angry angry angry

This Wenger sef, na when you ask am not to fight, na dat time im go pull knife like mallam Area Boy! shocked shocked shocked

***Shakes head at Wenger-gone-mad****

Lastpage!
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by lastpage: 11:46am On Sep 03, 2013
pablo aimar:

It adds quality to the squad which means that the doors are open for more quality and marquee names to come into the Arsenal folds, imagine a midfield full of quality I.e cazorla, rosicky, wilshere, chamberlain, walcott, ramsey, arteta, diaby, flamini, gnabry, eisfeld. Then you will know that there's quality in this team

This is Wenger' kind of language! ...except that you dont have his french accent! grin grin

Quality without Trophy => ? ? ?

You tell me. wink wink

Lastpage!
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by dotcomnamename: 11:48am On Sep 03, 2013
lastpage:

Moi, you be real crase! grin grin

But seriously, Arsenal does not need another Midfielder/playmaker!
We got excess of those already!

What we need is a top-class 50-Million Pound Striker ....even from a Brazilian or Any South America league! ;.

We will do all the playing, all the tap-tap tiki-taka .... But Nobody to put the ball behind the net!

Result: Fighting for 4th place! ... No trophy again
angry angry angry

This Wenger sef, na when you ask am not to fight, na dat time im go pull knife like mallam Area Boy! shocked shocked shocked

***Shakes head at Wenger-gone-mad****

Lastpage!

Your surname should be ''HYPOCRISY''

If the man no buy any player, na you go sey the man should have at least buy a player!
Now he buy one, u dey complain
Nothing in this life dey satisfy you
Even toto plus 20 cows no go satisfy u grin
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by pabloaimar(m): 11:49am On Sep 03, 2013
Indeed, Arsenal is the most criticize club side in the world, despite spending big to sign a star in Mesut Ozil, some people still thinks Arsenal wasted money on a player of such class, when Arsene Wenger is not spending or spends little this same people will still criticize him of not spending or buying cheap players.
Look, if you don't know much about him then go and check his stats and you will be convince but if you are not, then remember he still has more to give cos he is only 24 years old and approaching his prime.

And if you still not satisfied, then I'll advise y'all to get a life.
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by dotcomnamename: 11:54am On Sep 03, 2013
faakay: Wenger doesn't like to spend big on player, but how come he bought Ozil for 50 Million Euros, it's too expensive!!

Don't worry yourself, you don't need to know! Keep hating! Keep jealous! Na your job! Haters no dey get job than this.. grin When you tire and realize that e no profit u, nobody go tell u to back off! grin
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by dotcomnamename: 12:01pm On Sep 03, 2013
Most assists for club and country since 1 August 2010:

1- Ozil (91).
2- Messi (82).
3- Mata (72).
4- Ribery (60).
5- Cesc Fabregas (56).

Mesut Özil - Arsenal’s German Wizard -(m.b)

Mesut Ozil is 1billion% better than Isco, Lampard, Giggs, Gerard.
Thats why it took Madrid a lot of time to sell him because they know they're losing world best midfielder.

Mesut Ozil was nominated for Uefa Euro Team of the Tournament and the Uefa Team of the Year as his ability was recognised at both club and international levels.

Stand 100% chance of been nominated again and again!

Ronaldo will miss him badly

YOU DON'T NEED TO HATE AND JUDGE WITHOUT PROOF

WHATCH HERE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Oqy2VDtUSo
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Otses(f): 12:01pm On Sep 03, 2013
Good signing, but I believe a team is not complete without a solid defend, he should had considered that too. What is the essence of scoring two goals and then conceed three in return? Anyways welcome to the fold.
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by dotcomnamename: 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2013
Jose Mourinho: "Ozil is the best number 10 in the world and we rejected the Arsenal offer for Ba because they are now title contenders"

1 Like

Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 03, 2013
Methinks Chelsea and United fans at war over Ozil's signing are appreciating in disguise.
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 03, 2013
To those who say last day signing by Arsenal is a panic buy, was the signing of Eric Cantona on closing date wrong and panic buy for United in 1992? Was the signing of Dennis Berkhamp on the last date by Arsenal in 1995 wrong and panic buy? History tells me that the trophies and honours those stars brought to their clubs printed their names in the sands of time. Ozil who had 94 assists and 27 goals for Madrid in 3 seasons is definitely frightening to EPL rivals. Remember the last time Arsenal lost the 1st league game, they went ahead to win the league title. In football, you don't treat history with disdain.
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by dotcomnamename: 12:21pm On Sep 03, 2013
[size=15pt]We saw people batter Florentino Perez for selling a player after buying an £85m man for them, while we gave Giroud, Podolski and Cazorla the utmost love after we sold one of the world's best strikers to our rivals. For us, Wenger has gone from zero to hero after just one major signing. When we do hate and criticize, it's mostly directed at the right people for the right reasons.

That is all just to say we are one of the most mature and passionate set of fans in the footballing world, and there is no one other than ourselves who believes otherwise. It's weird really, but we should give ourselves a pat on the back.[/size]

[size=15pt]Leave us alone and face your own problem![/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aston Villa Vs Manchester United (2 - 2) On 15th January 2022 / Atletico Madrid Vs Manchester City UCL (0 - 0) On 13th April 2022 / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Arsenal (3 - 0) On May 12th 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.