Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper (8203 Views)

Ex-governor, Fashola Denies Fathering Twins With Government Worker / Fashola Denies Deportation Allegation At Meeting With Igbo Leaders / Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by agbameta: 2:00am On Sep 03, 2013
WorldStage Newsonline-- Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola (SAN) has debunked a newspaper report which claimed that he had drawn up a shortlist of five candidates who could possibly succeed.

The Governor who spoke in an interview with newsmen after attending the First Lagos International Table Tennis Classics at the Molade Okoya Thomas Indoor Sports Hall of the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere, said that he had neither compiled a “short” nor “long list”.

He said: “The first thing to say is that I did not compile any list whether a shortlist or a long list and I think the Saturday Sun newspaper has acted perhaps irresponsibly and I think they had an opportunity if indeed it is true they ever got such a story to have clarified with us. But to have gone on in detail to say that I have compiled a list, I would like them to present that list to members of the public.”

He said that he was considering legal redress on the blatant falsehood published by the newspaper on a list of potential Governorship Candidates said to have been compiled by him.

“As I said I deny such a list vehemently and I am already talking to my lawyers and it is very sad that they do not show respect to the Nigerian populace. People work very hard to earn money and the least that they deserve is that if they buy newspapers, what they expect to read in the newspapers should be true not stories fabricated and planted and put on the front page as if it was factual”, he explained.

The Governor reiterated that such act of publishing deliberate falsehood, if not for anything, “is the height of corruption and could be likened to obtaining people’s money by false pretence which is undeserving of any newspaper

http://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstagenew/index.php?active=news&newscid=10480&catid=2
Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by agbameta: 2:09am On Sep 03, 2013
This what you get when 419 people, anti social elements, crooked and deceptive clowns set up shop and hide under newspaper label to make quick bucks by fooling and fleecing the society with fake and 419 stories...

These crude and crass anything for money people shouldn't be part of any sane and decent society..

19 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by Ngwakwe: 7:41am On Sep 03, 2013
Fashola to take sun to court for insinuating that he is interested in who succeeds him.

Jonathan is really an holy Angel

12 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by Rhino5dm: 7:45am On Sep 03, 2013
Ngwakwe: Fashola to take sun to court for insinuating that he is interested in who succeeds him.

SUN news paper belongs to Orji Uzo Kalu.

The coward should stop hiding behind his newspaper to attack fashola.

21 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by Confusionist(m): 8:14am On Sep 03, 2013
Ngwakwe: Fashola to take sun to court for insinuating that he is interested in who succeeds him.

do u av a brain Sir(we all knw u dnt, so the question is just a formility)?
c os if u damn did have, u will undstnd wot it meant by assumption or insinuation when public figures are concerned!!

that is even if they were insinuating. it was a clear statement of fact!! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by talktimi(m): 8:26am On Sep 03, 2013
agbameta: This what you get when 419 people, anti social elements, crooked and deceptive clowns set up shop and hide under newspaper label to make quick bucks by fooling and fleecing the society with fake and 419 stories...

These crude and crass anything for money people shouldn't be part of any sane and decent society..

See who was calling me a bigot just the other day... Smh

10 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by talktimi(m): 9:19am On Sep 03, 2013
He should sue the damn paper abeg let them prove their story in court, all these tabloids keep sensationalising things just to sell even if its a lie.
Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by Ngwakwe: 9:20am On Sep 03, 2013
You have time to quoting those confused and most hypocritical personalities who hide under faceless forum to vomit hate, bigotry and calling for genocide of other tribes for demanding equal right according to the constitution of the country.

APC was congratulated by PDP for the very reason that they should stop all fabricated lies from the Nation, Osundefender, Sahara Reporters and other SW mouthpiece by extension APC against GEJ and PDP yet Lai Mohammed continues to vomit lies.

I am yet to be convinced that Orji Kalu is even close compared to Ahmed Tinubu in corruption index yet these hypocrite will shield Tinubu and project him as progressive while vomiting trash against Kalu.

Pharisees

talktimi: See who was calling me a bigot just the other day... Smh

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by Arysexy(m): 9:34am On Sep 03, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

And who have taken Tinubu to court over d lies his tribalistic newspaper 'The Nation' has been dishing out? You ppl are always d first to throw d punch and still d first to run to d next standby and complain.

I can sense orki kalu's proclamation of lagos as a 'no man's land' is still hurting dis tribalistic govnor. He shud sue them and stop ranting. Yeye govnor! angry

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by kennyonthrone(m): 9:39am On Sep 03, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

FOOL if pple lyk Orji Uzor Kalu defines d'true meanin of COWARD in ur dictionary dtz if u ve one,den i dnt mind bin a Coward

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 03, 2013
What's the big deal in shortlisting who becomes your successor? it's a normal thing that happens in politics. Fashola should concentrate on providing dividends of democracy and stop being distracted by beer parlor jist. grin

I heard Fashola visited the owner of THE YOUNG SHALL GROW MOTORS LIMITED in hospital who escaped an attempted assassination? That's nice! cool
Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by khamas19: 9:47am On Sep 03, 2013
That sun newspaper is a joke...na small e take pass linda ikeji blog...

1 Like

Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by horlabiyi(m): 9:53am On Sep 03, 2013
If dem no see dem no go talk * simple *
Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by NaijaFlow: 9:55am On Sep 03, 2013
Yoruba's and hypocrisy goes together, Surely this people are the problem of Nigeria, they take delight in promoting hatred. Every hausa thread on NL always goes unnoticed but when a thread that has any single thing to do with igbo comes up you will see bashing, this tells you the people that are promoting ethnic hatred in Nigeria.

MODS you are free to BAN/DELETE my ID forever....... I can't participate in such a forum that does nothing apart from promoting hatred among youths from the different tribe in Nigeria. I do think Yoruba's are better than Hausa but am been proved wrong because on this NL they Yoruba vomit their inborn hatred for the igbos without any meaningful reason.

Is a well known fact that Yoruba are behind several newspapers that are attacking the presidency and every other opposition of APC but now the sun insinuated what Fashola wants to do and they have start running naked around showing the world their full hypocrisy at its peak, even the Fashola is threatening to take the sun to court but when they are busy assassinating the office of the president and insulting everyone in the current Government, No one took them to court and they were all supported by the same people from the west who is now against doing the the same to Fashola. Which other way can Hypocrisy be defined.

Have a Free Ride in your hatred filled Life and for nairaland admin and mods, keep the Good work of promoting hatred among Nigerians, everyone will reap the fruits when it started germination. Rwanda genocide will be a child play to Nigeria's Genocide when it starts.

Like I said, Do Ban My ID Forever am not coming back to NairaLand to participate in this mess.

22 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by duality(m): 10:00am On Sep 03, 2013
Is fashola trying to gag the media? Reminds me of FG vs Leadership newspaper over presidential memo.

If media intimidation should not be tolerated in Abuja, It should not be tolerated in Lagos.

This makes me believe that very few persons can withstand and absorb the media unslaught on the presidency. I mean if we want to be honest.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by dridowu: 10:01am On Sep 03, 2013
Dont really know what to say.............just passing to next thread
Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by Demdem(m): 10:01am On Sep 03, 2013

Deeperlifer, did Fashola use the security agents to harass the journalists the way retardeen did for those leadership media journalists who refused to disclose their source.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by opoorookagbon(m): 10:02am On Sep 03, 2013
Ngige wins Anambra APC ticket in direct primaries

Posted by: Nwanosike Onu, Awka in Featured, News 5 hours ago

•Shekarau, El-Rufai, Izunaso taunt opposition

Senator Chris Ngige yesterday won the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship ticket.

He defeated his opponent, Godwin Ezeemo, in all the 21 council areas.

According to the result declared by the governorship election primaries returning officer, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau, a former governor of Kano State, Ngige won 63,255 votes to Ezeemo’s 9,564 votes.

A breakdown of the result is as follows: Awka North – Ngige 3,405, Ezeemo 248; Dunukofia – Ngige 2,426, Ezeemo 76; Ekwusigo – Ngige 1,085, Ezeemo 297; Ogbaru – Ngige 3,086, Ezeemo 772; Ihiala – Ngige 6,938, Ezeemo 1,089; Orumba North – Ngige 2,451, Ezeemo 413; Orumba South – Ngige 3,865, Ezeemo 423; Oyi – Ngige 2,108, Ezeemo 252; Onitsha South – Ngige 1,478, Ezeemo 127; Onitsha north – Ngige 4,878, Ezeemo 162.

The APC said the primaries were held to bring democracy down to the grassroots.

Shekarau and other committee members, former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mallam Nasir El-Rufai and Senator Osita Izunaso, spoke at the Finotel Hotel, Awka.

The committee told reporters that the primaries were held in the 326 wards using the direct voting process.

The accreditation of members began at 9:30am while voting commenced at noon and ended at about 3:30pm

At Alor, Senator Ngige’s ward, the process was orderly

Voters queued behind the pictures of the contestants. Ngige scored 674 votes in his ward to Ezeemo’s one vote.

Also, at the Umuchu ward one in Aguata council area — Ezeemo’s ward— Ngige scored 89 votes, while Ezeemo scored 354 votes.

But the philanthropist disputed the election process.

Some of the members of the party were not allowed to vote in Umuchu Ward One as some of them were discovered to have cards bearing different local government areas.

Ngige described the poll as wonderful, adding that the turn-out of People showed the true picture of what would happen during the November 16 governorship election.

He said: “This is no fight. Ezeemo is my brother, we cannot fight, November 16 is the only D-day. We are brothers, there is no need for us to quarrel over the contest, and November 16 will be a landmark day in Anambra State”

Shekarau said the process was chosen by the APC to test the popularity of the two aspirants.

“We are not like other political parties where they fight to select their candidates. What the APC is doing is showing the way for others to follow; ours is not a do or die affair. APC does everything in an open and democratic process”.

Source:http://thenationonlineng.net/new/ngige-wins-anambra-apc-ticket-in-direct-primaries/

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by nerodenero: 10:09am On Sep 03, 2013
NaijaFlow: Yoruba's and hypocrisy goes together, Surely this people are the problem of Nigeria, they take delight in promoting hatred. Every hausa thread on NL always goes unnoticed but when a thread that has any single thing to do with igbo comes up you will see bashing, this tells you the people that are promoting ethnic hatred in Nigeria.

MODS you are free to BAN/DELETE my ID forever....... I can't participate in such a forum that does nothing apart from promoting hatred among youths from the different tribe in Nigeria. I do think Yoruba's are better than Hausa but am been proved wrong because on this NL they Yoruba vomit their inborn hatred for the igbos without any meaningful reason.

Is a well known fact that Yoruba are behind several newspapers that are attacking the presidency and every other opposition of APC but now the sun insinuated what Fashola wants to do and they have start running naked around showing the world their full hypocrisy at its peak, even the Fashola is threatening to take the sun to court but when they are busy assassinating the office of the president and insulting everyone in the current Government, No one took them to court and they were all supported by the same people from the west who is now against doing the the same to Fashola. Which other way can Hypocrisy be defined.

Have a Free Ride in your hatred filled Life and for nairaland admin and mods, keep the Good work of promoting hatred among Nigerians, everyone will reap the fruits when it started germination. Rwanda genocide will be a child play to Nigeria's Genocide when it starts.

Like I said, Do Ban My ID Forever am not coming back to NairaLand to participate in this mess.
Reading the above post shows that you are also guilty of the above submission. You dont make sense at all!

10 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by AbuMikey(m): 10:10am On Sep 03, 2013
**farts on my hand undecided,sniffs it**
**continues playing Kanye West's, I am a God**

1 Like

Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by victorD3: 10:18am On Sep 03, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Same way Fashola and his father Tifnubu are using bigoted APC papers to tarnish the PDP

1 Like

Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by baynix(m): 10:21am On Sep 03, 2013
^^^ DAYUMMMMMMN!!! Yeezus!! grin grin
Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by Eledan: 10:28am On Sep 03, 2013
Ngwakwe: You have time to quoting those confused and most hypocritical personalities who hide under faceless forum to vomit hate, bigotry and calling for genocide of other tribes for demanding equal right according to the constitution of the country.

APC was congratulated by PDP for the very reason that they should stop all fabricated lies from the Nation, Osundefender, Sahara Reporters and other SW mouthpiece by extension APC against GEJ and PDP yet Lai Mohammed continues to vomit lies.

I am yet to be convinced that Orji Kalu is even close compared to Ahmed Tinubu in corruption index yet these hypocrite will shield Tinubu and project him as progressive while vomiting trash against Kalu.

Pharisees

Ngwakwe..

Why not just go on and tell us that you are a PDP member or a sympathiser ?

I have come to the realisation that almost ALL Ibos are either PDP members or it sympathiser. ...with just few exception.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by Arysexy(m): 10:31am On Sep 03, 2013
Eledan:

Ngwakwe..

Why not just go on and tell us that you are a PDP member or a sympathiser ?

I have come to the realisation that almost ALL Ibos are either PDP members or it sympathiser. ...with just few exception.

And wot is wrong with dat? Do u want to force ur bigotted APC party down our throat?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by VICTORCIZA(m): 10:31am On Sep 03, 2013
This is to show you that Goodluck is good man who have respect for journalists.fashola you are a hypocrise
Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by Eledan: 10:34am On Sep 03, 2013
VICTORCIZA: This is to show you that Goodluck is good man who have respect for the poor.fashola you are a hypocrise

Why do most of you have problem with commonly use words? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by Eledan: 10:35am On Sep 03, 2013
Arysexy:

And wot is wrong with dat? Do u want to force ur bigotted APC party down our throat?

Shut up! Are you Ngwakwe?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by agrovick(m): 10:35am On Sep 03, 2013
God help us all
Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by eio2013: 10:49am On Sep 03, 2013
Just as TVC belongs to Tinubu and used it to exagerate the fuel subdidy strike.
He will sue and later withdraw just as he did with the Nigerian Governors forum.

Rhino.5dm:

1 Like

Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by Coldfeet(f): 10:52am On Sep 03, 2013
NaijaFlow: Yoruba's and hypocrisy goes together, Surely this people are the problem of Nigeria, they take delight in promoting hatred. Every hausa thread on NL always goes unnoticed but when a thread that has any single thing to do with igbo comes up you will see bashing, this tells you the people that are promoting ethnic hatred in Nigeria.

Its becoming sickening!! Even more so is this agbameta fella all his/her thread or comments on this NL is laced with hate on all things Igbo!! I pray they don't develop high blood pressure on igbo matters. Anyway I'd advice my people to just ignore them cos I see they are using this back and forte arguments to take their tribalist threads to pages uncountable! Ndi bem ekelemunu!!!

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies ShortListing Successors, Will Sue Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 03, 2013
agbameta: This what
you get when 419 people, anti social elements, crooked and deceptive
clowns set up shop and hide under newspaper label to make quick bucks by
fooling and fleecing the society with fake and 419 stories...

These crude and crass anything for money people shouldn't be part of any
sane and decent society..

See how hypocritical u can be. If it were to be GEJ u will believe the story is true.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obasanjo Father Is Igbo, it is an igbo name / Gbemi Saraki Is My Father’s ‘true’ Political Successor –laolu SARAKI - Old News / Boko Haram Highly Degraded, Buratai Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.