Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,049 members, 7,825,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

How Do I Cope With A Rich But Very Stingy Dad? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Cope With A Rich But Very Stingy Dad? (8033 Views)

'my Husband Is Stingy, He Goes To Market To Buy Foodstuff' - Wife Tells Court / I Can’t Cope With His Big Manhood- Wife Tells Court / Help, How Do I Cope With A Verbally Abusive Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Cope With A Rich But Very Stingy Dad? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 03, 2013
My dad is what you will call a typical stingy man, its nt as if he is not rich, I would have understood that i came to this world through a poor man if he is poor, but my dad is rich nd people see my as 'omo baba olowo' even wen they dnt know what i pass through bfr he gives me money. The only thing he pays attention to is my school fee, even tho he sometimes grumble bfr he pays, I attended a public scul during my seconday school time, so he didnt pay more than 1,500 per term. I alwayz go broke at home especially during break up to the extent of stealing his money because i know if i ask on a normal day he wunt give me. My mum is an housewife to make matters worst! She is tired of him too. I just wish i could get pregnant so i would leave the house for him, i prefer to live in my bfs house and suffer there than to stay with my dad nd still be suffering He is a kind of dad his daughters wont pray to have as an husband. Please how do i cope with him? He wants us to work day and night for him but cnt give us nofin in return! To buy recharge card, do my hair, buy cloth, slippers is a vewi big problem for me! He only gives us 10,000 for christmas cloth through the year nd nothing more till the next december. How do i cope pls? Am 18, maybe I should just get married
Re: How Do I Cope With A Rich But Very Stingy Dad? by mruknaijaboy2(m): 12:55pm On Sep 03, 2013
Bro I no fit lie that na the sign of end time things
Re: How Do I Cope With A Rich But Very Stingy Dad? by macklef(m): 1:07pm On Sep 03, 2013
Aswear dis can b realy fraustratin, atm am on protest in my hause o. My dad will neva let me drive his car, even to hold d key sef, how can ones parents hav somtin n one is denied of dat tin? Isit not beta we do not have it at all, i often tink.
Well if i may ask u, does ur dad hav plenty children? Lyk a polygammy home?, cos dat may xplain his own stingyness
Re: How Do I Cope With A Rich But Very Stingy Dad? by kraziechic: 1:18pm On Sep 03, 2013
Do not get pregnant out of wedlock. What satisfaction would you get from having children you cannot take care of. Be grateful for what you have. Atleast he pays your school fees, look forward to finishing school, getting a job, earning your own money and starting a family whom you can take good care of.
Re: How Do I Cope With A Rich But Very Stingy Dad? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 03, 2013
macklef: Aswear dis can b realy fraustratin, atm am on protest in my hause o. My dad will neva let me drive his car, even to hold d key sef, how can ones parents hav somtin n one is denied of dat tin? Isit not beta we do not have it at all, i often tink.
Well if i may ask u, does ur dad hav plenty children? Lyk a polygammy home?, cos dat may xplain his own stingyness
yeah. Polygamous family...but na me send am work? That is how he treats all of us anyway nd i sure i will leave his house one day
Re: How Do I Cope With A Rich But Very Stingy Dad? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 03, 2013
kraziechic: Do not get pregnant out of wedlock. What satisfaction would you get from having children you cannot take care of. Be grateful for what you have. Atleast he pays your school fees, look forward to finishing school, getting a job, earning your own money and starting a family whom you can take good care of.
tnks. The most painful part is people see me as a rich man's daughter

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With A Rich But Very Stingy Dad? by bellong: 2:08pm On Sep 03, 2013
Two wrongs do not make a right. Never let this action of your dad push to waiting arms of evil. Your boyfriend has no better plan for you than taking for free that thing between your legs.

This is the time for you to make a decision and be determined to breakthrough in life through hardwork and consistency. Face your studies at this moment, develop a focus and vision for your future and also work towards achieving them. If it is possible, you can talk to your dad to explain your disappointment and pains to him. He may probably change.

Whatever you decide to do, please do not run away from home to any guy. It will only result in a bigger regret than this. Forget about boyfriend for now and face your studies squarely.

You should at least appreciate God that he still gives you money once in a blue moon. Some people are ready to have him as their father for the little he is doing.

It is well with you
Re: How Do I Cope With A Rich But Very Stingy Dad? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 03, 2013
bellong: Two wrongs do not make a right. Never let this action of your dad push to waiting arms of evil. Your boyfriend has no better plan for you than taking for free that thing between your legs.

This is the time for you to make a decision and be determined to breakthrough in life through hardwork and consistency. Face your studies at this moment, develop a focus and vision for your future and also work towards achieving them. If it is possible, you can talk to your dad to explain your disappointment and pains to him. He may probably change.

Whatever you decide to do, please do not run away from home to any guy. It will only result in a bigger regret than this. Forget about boyfriend for now and face your studies squarely.

You should at least appreciate God that he still gives you money once in a blue moon. Some people are ready to have him as their father for the little he is doing.

It is well with you
i really dnt know what to say. But tnk u, I like ur reply
Re: How Do I Cope With A Rich But Very Stingy Dad? by xynerise: 2:38pm On Sep 03, 2013
O boy steal his money, no time o

Re: How Do I Cope With A Rich But Very Stingy Dad? by kraziechic: 2:47pm On Sep 03, 2013
xynerise: O boy steal his money, no time o

Lol, its people with the 'steal his money' mentality that would later kidnap him and demand ransom. Its called HIS money for a reason. One is not supposed to feel entitled to another person's money

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With A Rich But Very Stingy Dad? by soulglo: 3:06pm On Sep 03, 2013
You should be ashamed of yourself. You have basically said you are a thief. It does not seem to bother you either. At age 18 why are you going broke? You live at home. I assume you do not pay your father rent or pay for your own food. Why are you not talking about going to college? As for money to do your hair my suggestion is you learn to do it yourself. If you prefer brazilian hair or zamundan hair then go get a job on your own and support your habits. Your dad might be stingy but your attitude sucks. You steal and spend considerable time with a boyfriend at age 18 and you think your dad has issues?? Grow up.
Re: How Do I Cope With A Rich But Very Stingy Dad? by macklef(m): 3:37pm On Sep 03, 2013
soul_glo: You should be ashamed of yourself. You have basically said you are a thief. It does not seem to bother you either. At age 18 why are you going broke? You live at home. I assume you do not pay your father rent or pay for your own food. Why are you not talking about going to college? As for money to do your hair my suggestion is you learn to do it yourself. If you prefer brazilian hair or zamundan hair then go get a job on your own and support your habits. Your dad might be stingy but your attitude sucks. You steal and spend considerable time with a boyfriend at age 18 and you think your dad has issues?? Grow up.

stealin is bad.. But dnt b in a hurry to rant about a shoe u have not steped into.. It can pain.
At 18 cant a girl date? Dont b overly critical man.. Na una dey toast d 18 yr olds sef

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With A Rich But Very Stingy Dad? by mysticgal(f): 3:39pm On Sep 03, 2013
what kind of dad,hmm my dad can be stingy atimes,i tell him*dad you're stingy*and meself go use play play plug money commot,i don't steal from him,because he provides my basic needs,deep down i know its discipline,and op remember what you do now counts,like your dad not trusting you and dats really bad,getting pregnant is hurting yourself and not him,rather strive to make clean money and think of going to school,you're still young,marriage no be ice cream i tell ya,am scared of it,lastly try coming close to your dad,you will enjoy being daddys gal.am a testimony cool

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With A Rich But Very Stingy Dad? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:40pm On Sep 03, 2013
OlamiB: My dad is what you will call a typical stingy man, its nt as if he is not rich, I would have understood that i came to this world through a poor man if he is poor, but my dad is rich nd people see my as 'omo baba olowo' even wen they dnt know what i pass through bfr he gives me money. The only thing he pays attention to is my school fee, even tho he sometimes grumble bfr he pays, I attended a public scul during my seconday school time, so he didnt pay more than 1,500 per term. I alwayz go broke at home especially during break up to the extent of stealing his money because i know if i ask on a normal day he wunt give me. My mum is an housewife to make matters worst! She is tired of him too. I just wish i could get pregnant so i would leave the house for him, i prefer to live in my bfs house and suffer there than to stay with my dad nd still be suffering He is a kind of dad his daughters wont pray to have as an husband. Please how do i cope with him? He wants us to work day and night for him but cnt give us nofin in return! To buy recharge card, do my hair, buy cloth, slippers is a vewi big problem for me! He only gives us 10,000 for christmas cloth through the year nd nothing more till the next december. How do i cope pls? Am 18, maybe I should just get married

ALL I HEARD WAS 'I WISH I COULD GET PREGNANT'...

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With A Rich But Very Stingy Dad? by fulanigirl(f): 3:48pm On Sep 03, 2013
Okija_juju:

ALL I HEARD WAS 'I WISH I COULD GET PREGNANT'...

grin grin
Re: How Do I Cope With A Rich But Very Stingy Dad? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 03, 2013
soul_glo: You should be ashamed of yourself. You have basically said you are a thief. It does not seem to bother you either. At age 18 why are you going broke? You live at home. I assume you do not pay your father rent or pay for your own food. Why are you not talking about going to college? As for money to do your hair my suggestion is you learn to do it yourself. If you prefer brazilian hair or zamundan hair then go get a job on your own and support your habits. Your dad might be stingy but your attitude sucks. You steal and spend considerable time with a boyfriend at age 18 and you think your dad has issues?? Grow up.
I am very sure u dnt know how it feels cos you are not the one in my position. Have not done my hair for more than 1,500 bfr and that is if am in school because i take the money frm my pocket money. Now m tinkn of not to loose my untidy hair, cos if i do...he will never give me 100naira to do it. I dnt realy mean the one about my bf, we have been dating for more than one year nw nd have t collected more than 1,000 naira from him. If my dad happens to be ur dad....u will do more dan STEAL, cos if comes out of frustration.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With A Rich But Very Stingy Dad? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 03, 2013
Well, one thing you can do to help yourself in this situation is realise that 'yours is not the worst'.
I'm assuming since your mum if a housewife and you've spent 18 years on planet earth, this man is responsible for your feeding.
You also mentioned that he's responsible for your school-fees!
Sweetie, he has done more than others!
I know some people who don't bother about how their children feed or how they get school fees, they're humans like you and they cannot kill their father. Others don't even have a father at all to do anything for them!
If you get pregnant or do anything stupid, you're only hurting yourself, your future and your own kids. I believe you don't want your kids to go through this kind of thing in their own life too.

MY ADVICE: pull yourself together-you're an adult, think of doing something better to get out of the messy situation and not this annoying options you're giving yourself, appreciate the little your dad is doing (i repeat it once more, SOME ARE WORSE), you might need to start spending more time on working and making some cash instead of opening yansh to a guy. Do something out of this situation that would make the story worth telling in the next 20 years. Stop lamenting and blaming your frustrations on your dad, you have your life to live!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With A Rich But Very Stingy Dad? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 03, 2013
alutacontinua: Well, one thing you can do to help yourself in this situation is realise that 'yours is not the worst'.
I'm assuming since your mum if a housewife and you've spent 18 years on planet earth, this man is responsible for your feeding.
You also mentioned that he's responsible for your school-fees!
Sweetie, he has done more than others!
I know some people who don't bother about how their children feed or how they get school fees, they're humans like you and they cannot kill their father. Others don't even have a father at all to do anything for them!
If you get pregnant or do anything stupid, you're only hurting yourself, your future and your own kids. I believe you don't want your kids to go through this kind of thing in their own life too.

MY ADVICE: pull yourself together-you're an adult, think of doing something better to get out of the messy situation and not this annoying options you're giving yourself, appreciate the little your dad is doing (i repeat it once more, SOME ARE WORSE), you might need to start spending more time on working and making some cash instead of opening yansh to a guy. Do something out of this situation that would make the story worth telling in the next 20 years. Stop lamenting and blaming your frustrations on your dad, you have your life to live!
he refused to let me learn tailoring, have been home for more than 2mnths because of ASUU strike.
Re: How Do I Cope With A Rich But Very Stingy Dad? by macklef(m): 6:59pm On Sep 03, 2013
@alutacontinua

i agree wit u o, weneva am in any kinda situation i always console myself wit such thinkin "even at this am still beta than some pipu"
as i figured out earlier, hes a polygamous man, hes attention is divided, e has many wives n children. If e gives u moni for such luxuries, oda children will want too, n if he gives dem too it may affect him, as e may hav a p meetin dos basic needs. Its simple logic. Dats d disadvantages of bein a polygamous man, too much permutation n combination lol. Sha take advantage of d school fees, to me, dats d only tin my parents owe me.
As an advice u can try to be more noticeable in d hause, make him fall in love wit u, dautawise.. Som kids gets beta favour esp girls from dad. Dats if ur cute tho lool.
Re: How Do I Cope With A Rich But Very Stingy Dad? by soulglo: 9:25pm On Sep 03, 2013
OlamiB: I am very sure u dnt know how it feels cos you are not the one in my position. Have not done my hair for more than 1,500 bfr and that is if am in school because i take the money frm my pocket money. Now m tinkn of not to loose my untidy hair, cos if i do...he will never give me 100naira to do it. I dnt realy mean the one about my bf, we have been dating for more than one year nw nd have t collected more than 1,000 naira from him. If my dad happens to be ur dad....u will do more dan STEAL, cos if comes out of frustration.

To be honest with you I never asked my parents for money to do my hair or to buy clothes. I knew my dad loved me though. I think you should focus more on building a relationship with your dad and not basing the quality of your relationship with him on if he gives you money to do your hair. My intention is not to be mean but to show you that you are whining. I have never stolen from anybody. My friends always had more material things that me but I never asked my parents why. I really don't think your dad is stingy. You see this type of behavior in people who worked hard for their money. He might not want you to think money is easy to come by. You sound like you are entitled to something when the truth is that you are entitled to nothing. Stop stealing from your dad. One day you will look at yourself and other "rich men's" children and thank God that your father instilled this in you. Don't think your behavior will stop at home. In the future what happens if your boss does not pay you enough? You steal company property? What happens when you feel like you deserve more to yourself from a joint account with your husband? You move funds without letting him know? You see how your behavior is setting a bad foundation for you? Not cool. You need to change your mindset.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With A Rich But Very Stingy Dad? by Nobody: 6:15am On Sep 04, 2013
soul_glo:

To be honest with you I never asked my parents for money to do my hair or to buy clothes. I knew my dad loved me though. I think you should focus more on building a relationship with your dad and not basing the quality of your relationship with him on if he gives you money to do your hair. My intention is not to be mean but to show you that you are whining. I have never stolen from anybody. My friends always had more material things that me but I never asked my parents why. I really don't think your dad is stingy. You see this type of behavior in people who worked hard for their money. He might not want you to think money is easy to come by. You sound like you are entitled to something when the truth is that you are entitled to nothing. Stop stealing from your dad. One day you will look at yourself and other "rich men's" children and thank God that your father instilled this in you. Don't think your behavior will stop at home. In the future what happens if your boss does not pay you enough? You steal company property? What happens when you feel like you deserve more to yourself from a joint account with your husband? You move funds without letting him know? You see how your behavior is setting a bad foundation for you? Not cool. You need to change your mindset.
who gives u money for ur hair then? Maybe your boyfrnd, or ur mum, because i dnt know where he expect his unemployed 18yr old girl to get money frm, M nt the type that collect money frm guys....i have nt taken more than his 1000 tho and i dnt pray to have his type has husband.
Re: How Do I Cope With A Rich But Very Stingy Dad? by soulglo: 12:17pm On Sep 04, 2013
OlamiB: who gives u money for ur hair then? Maybe your boyfrnd, or ur mum, because i dnt know where he expect his unemployed 18yr old girl to get money frm, M nt the type that collect money frm guys....i have nt taken more than his 1000 tho and i dnt pray to have his type has husband.

I have never held out my hand to accept money from a man. DO YOUR OWN HAIR. It is not rocket science. I think you simply do not want to change. Girls's like you focus on the wrong thing when looking for a husband. Your focus will be on a man who can pay for everything you need and not one with good morals and respect for you. Your dad is not perfect and neither are you nor the man you will marry. It's almost like you think your bad behavior is your dad's shame. We will see.

(1) (Reply)

When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. / What Men Hate After They Marry / How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.