Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,680 members, 7,823,919 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

What Men Hate After They Marry - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Men Hate After They Marry (8037 Views)

Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. / Can They Marry / Corrections Men Hate From Women! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Men Hate After They Marry by Zahymaka(m): 8:08pm On Mar 24, 2006
I've noticed something in some homes -- as soon as they get married, some women become different. Most women stop dressing smartly and trying to look good. Instead they just tie a wrapper with the upper level just concealing their breasts and trot around the house barefoot -- on ten toes.

That's a very big turn off -- I'd hate that if the lady I married turned out that way. What makes it annoying is that the women only dress nicely when they leave the house and other men outside appreciate their good looks -- meanwhile, the husband is treated to shabby dressing at home. I think most men would love it if the woman "seduced" them more often by wearing provocative clothing at home, dressing nicely, etc etc and not just doing that when they go out.

1 Like

Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by Free(f): 11:50pm On Mar 24, 2006
lol that is every true, when you get the ring .aint no need to work urself no more grin grin
but i know men hate it expecially after the lady have a child, some women
just give up, let everything go, their wieght, etc
i cannot stand them women who do that, just because you got kids dont mean
you still dont got it, you could still look sexxy,
Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by Rhodalyn(f): 11:52pm On Mar 24, 2006
im still gonna dress elegantly even after my marriage
Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by Zahymaka(m): 12:06am On Mar 25, 2006
Hmmm. No men in the house yet?

Something I also want to call attention to is the courtship stage. Before marriage both sides try earnestly to please each other. After marriage , The men are very bad -- they come crawling on their knes to beg for marriage then expect the woman to obey their every wish [and satisfy their every whim] as if they're slaves. The women too -- they just stop all those fancy flirting , emotional talks etc etc. What you get after twenty years of marriage is two strangers.

Pathetic. sad sad sad sad cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by Free(f): 12:16am On Mar 25, 2006
marriage is serious ooooooo
its a long journey if know you cant make to the end plz dont get on the bus, because theres no stopping anywhere
thats what most people dont understand , when you want something you will anything to have it, but when you
get it you realise you dont even want it, (thats what happens when ppl are inlove)
sorry i think i went off your topic undecided
Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by Rhodalyn(f): 12:20am On Mar 25, 2006
marriage is a life long commitment and must be taken into careful consideration before jumping into it
Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by Free(f): 12:24am On Mar 25, 2006
right rhody but some people dont think about that, they think is easy as A.B.C.D grin
Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by Rhodalyn(f): 12:25am On Mar 25, 2006
and thats why they come back with tears and regrets sad sad sad
Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by Free(f): 12:26am On Mar 25, 2006
marriage is HELL cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by Rhodalyn(f): 12:33am On Mar 25, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy it can be fun toooooooo kiss kiss kiss kiss i cant wait to get married wink
Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by Zahymaka(m): 12:38am On Mar 25, 2006
Then I suppose you'd like to remain free instead of marrying -- right?
Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by Free(f): 12:39am On Mar 25, 2006
i know rhody, i cant wait to get married , to the man of ma dream kiss kiss
Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by funloving(m): 3:43am On Mar 25, 2006
Maybe that is why I am still skeptical of marriage because most people change from what they used to do before the wedding ceremony  grin

It doesn't have to be so though. Back in Nigeria I had these three married ladies in my office-two of them with kids.You need to see these women dress cute and good.if you ain't told they were married you would almost go for them.

Ladies should understand that certain things  attract us to them,such as their looks and dressing,romantic tendencies,etc.If you drop all those thing after the wedding ceremony you start to loose the qualities that once attracted us and although I do not support infedelity,but these are the things that drive the men out.Please ladies maintain the standard.

As for men,be nice to your women because you really want to be nice not because you want to her to marry you.After the wedding ceremony let your love for her continue.

There should also be communication.If your spouse is beginning to do something  you dislike gently,nicely,politely but firmly call his/her attention to it and if there is true love changes will be made.

I do not support divorce but we should be aware that in these days of liberality, if one partner is fed up with the marriege he/she will head for the courts and a broken marriage is never a good thing.
Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by whitelexi(m): 11:40am On Mar 25, 2006
Cant be bothered about getting married grin
Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by Rhodalyn(f): 11:39pm On Mar 25, 2006
Free:

i know rhody, i can't wait to get married , to the man of ma dream kiss kiss
me toooo wink kiss kiss
Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by Maxflame(m): 4:48pm On Mar 26, 2006
whitelexi:

Cant be bothered about getting married grin
High five bro! cheesy
Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by loriann(f): 6:19pm On Mar 27, 2006
the marriage thing really gets mi scared undecided especially when i see the bad side of it.but for the dress sense after marriage alot of women lose it out there

1 Like

Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by Zahymaka(m): 6:22pm On Mar 27, 2006
That's exactly what I'm getting out. I mean seeing my wife prance about the house in only a wrapper is enough to get me mad -- not to talk of being slovenly.
Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by Seun(m): 6:33pm On Mar 27, 2006
If you want to be happy in this life, you have to limit the number of things that make you angry. Limit your anger to serious issues, and try to be nonchalant about less serious ones.

If your woman is dressing sharply for you all the time, think of it as a privilege and not a right, and complement her accordingly. If you want her to look pretty all the time, you need to step up your compliments during those special occasion that she's looking very good. Trying to compel her to look good by nagging and complaining is a form of slavery.

Summary: think of it as a privilege, not a right, and use compliments to get more of it. Good luck in advance. A woman is not just a decoration you keep around the house to make things look pretty.

2 Likes

Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by Skidoc(m): 6:41pm On Mar 27, 2006
To the complaining guys, I don't think your wife would also like to see you tying towel round your waist all over the place. Hahahaha! cheesy You should also look and dress good for her!
Besides, don't you think tying wrapper makes it faster to access the goodies, instead of tugging with the buttons and zippers all the time? cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by Zahymaka(m): 6:51pm On Mar 27, 2006
I'm not saying that but hiding the goodies somtimes makes the men more randy. About complementing them, that's why I talked about the whole issue of courtship. A man goes out of his way during courtship but after marriage he turns into something else. Some blame should be on the man too - I agree.
Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by Layemi(f): 10:58pm On Mar 27, 2006
i think most women are treated with little or no respect.well, the man feels he has married the woman and she should not be treated nice.thereby, the woman feels little or no love.
Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by larger20(m): 11:04pm On Mar 27, 2006
I think dressing decent is kool. I think wearing boxers or my wife wearing one with a top should be ok for house duty. I dont think she will look sexier on towel or rapper. Just my preference.
Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by Nobody: 12:06am On Mar 28, 2006
Zahymaka:

That's exactly what I'm getting out. I mean seeing my wife prance about the house in only a wrapper is enough to get me mad -- not to talk of being slovenly.

my brother, i dey solidly behind u on that score. after she starts complaining that u are eyeing ur secretary. why won't u? after all SHE dresses to kill to the office.

After all said and done, marriage is a SERIOUS commitment! it is the scariest investment in the world; see all you stand to lose as a guy:
1. your freedom
2. goodbye to nights out with the boys
3. goodbye to monday night football
4. bye bye to hamburgers, french fries and pizza
5. no more spontaneous travelling
6. be ready to explain every phone call, coffee stain etc
7. be ready to spend all ur weekends at the shopping mall
8. bye bye to i, me and myself
9. bye bye to personal accounts
10. welcome to nagging version 1.0
11. Know all florists in town
12. have hankies at the ready all the time

1 Like

Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by Zahymaka(m): 12:30am On Mar 28, 2006
You couldn't have put it better. Just so the girls don't start an argument can a lady please give us the awful things most women come to expect afer marriage?
Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by mamaput(f): 8:40am On Mar 28, 2006
1. your freedom
7. be ready to spend all your weekends at the shopping mall

1 I believe in my own freedom why take away another persons own.
2 I was going out too why stop him
3 I was lucky no one likes football here but if youhave money to marry then you can afford a 2 tv
4-5 he was doing all that anyway so was i only that he always wanted to come with me.
The rest dont apply to me,He was the one wasting time in the shops.
Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by mamaput(f): 8:40am On Mar 28, 2006
I got married to settle down my ex left me with a lot of responsibility.
I was taking care of almost everything.
One good day after about 6 years of marrage he wanted to let me know that i was just like a man.
I I wanted him to know that he was just like a child . Some one that leaves everything on my head i only hear from him i want , i want.
I i am like a man its him that made a man out of me.And am seeing i don't need him for anything.
More still I told him that i feel more like a watch dog in the house because i do EVERYTHING.and he just thinks of having fun.
Up to the stage once the kids were misbehaving and he was telling them your mum will soon come then you will be in trouble.an
anyway after 10 years of talking i ask him to go.
Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by hotangel2(f): 9:20am On Mar 28, 2006
Ohh well most women think if they've gotten "the one" there's no need impressing "the one" afterall he'll like them for what they are. They cease to forget that, he didn't see them as wrapper tying slobs when he became the one.
Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by loriann(f): 9:55am On Mar 28, 2006
1. your freedom

[color=#990000][/color]
life aint a bed of roses

u dont have to lose all this stuffs cos  u r married,if u dont do thinks that make u happy how will u cope?athough there r some things u definately have to drop to make things go smooth. at least u will know things to do and not to do[quote][/quote]
Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by Shannon(f): 12:55pm On Mar 28, 2006
davidylan:

After all said and done, marriage is a SERIOUS commitment! it is the scariest investment in the world; see all you stand to lose as a guy:
1. your freedom

If I had this view of marriage I would be scared of it as well, good Lord.  1-5, I'm not giving those things up, so why would I expect my husband to?  It's not healthy to have a marriage and lose all connection to other people on the planet, and no matter how much you love someone, who wants to spend all their waking moments with one person?  Not to mention that I plan on getting married when I'm still relatively young so my friends will still be around and ready to spend some quality time with me, without the husband/boyfriend in tow.

6 - if you're taking care of the stain then why do I care where it came from?  And I think the phone call thing is just different perspectives.  Girls like to talk about their phone calls, mostly cause they like to talk so we probably just assume men do as well.

7 - doesn't apply.

8 - I would hope that there would only be adjustments, I don't think you should lose yourself in a relationship.

9 - Shouldn't you want to share those things with your spouse?  Not to mention, most married couples I know have both shared and separate accounts.

10 - no point in responding.

11 - All you need to know is one good one for special occassions, or if you're planning on messing up all the time I suppose knowing a few more may be helpful to you.

12 - Are you planning on making her cry all the time?

Really, if I had those expectations of marriage from a female perspective I would say forget about it, I have more fun being single.  Marriage isn't a death sentence and if you look at it that way of course you're not going to want to consider it.  It's not the end of the road, it's just the beginning of a new chapter and you're hopefully lucky enough to start it with someone you truly love and care about.  Come on now boys, marriage isn't all a bed of roses, but it's no Iron Maiden either.
Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by funloving(m): 2:04pm On Mar 28, 2006
@Shanon
I like your reponses. You sound like a nice girl.Truly if ladies will reason this way I think marriage will be alot  more fun instead of it becoming a yoke.

I have always believed that because you are married does not mean you should lose your individuality.
I have a female friend back in Nigeria. We are not in a relationship but we are pretty close. I advised her before I left the country to take time to make friends and open up to decent interactions with other males.The reason being that I did not want her to lose her individual nature because of me and moreover,there is no assurance that I will marry her,so why tie her down.
That is how I think we ought to live.The ability to have a good,intimate,faithful relationship and still be ourselves.Still keep your nice friends and still do those things you love.
Of course,when married somethings will have to be given up(and you know those things) but nobody should make the other partner feel like they are in bondage.It makes marriege scary.Married or not,you are still human being with your own life,soul,spirit and body.
Re: What Men Hate After They Marry by Zahymaka(m): 3:01pm On Mar 28, 2006
Good! I also don't believe a woman ought to be entirely subservient to the man. She is still an entity on her own. I know some people will quote the Bible and say the wife is to be under the husband. Remember the husband is meant to be under Christ but that doesn't make him take all decisions to Him -- he solves some problems himself.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Words On Marble! / How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local / Open Communication In Marriage, A Plus Or Minus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.