Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,733 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Gov Ahmed Of New PDP Faction Vows To Crush Factions In Kwara Chapter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Ahmed Of New PDP Faction Vows To Crush Factions In Kwara Chapter (1015 Views)

Gov Primary: APC Factions In War Of Words / PDP Asks Kwara Chapter To Disclaim Statement On Saraki’s Wife / Governor Ahmed Of Kwara Receives Surprise Visit From His Daughters At Work.photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Ahmed Of New PDP Faction Vows To Crush Factions In Kwara Chapter by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 03, 2013
The governor says he will not tolerate dissent in the Kwara state chapter of the party.

Even though he belongs to a faction of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, opposed to President Goodluck Jonathan; Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara state has vowed to crush any faction of the party in his state.

Mr. Ahmed, who is one of the seven governors that walked out of Saturday’s national convention of the PDP in Abuja and subsequently announced a new faction of the party at the national level under the leadership of Abubakar Baraje, has warned against creating factions in his state.

Mr. Ahmed who spoke on Monday in Ilorin warned that “no splinter faction of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) would be allowed to thrive in the state”.

He gave the warning at the Ilorin airport on his arrival from Abuja after a meeting with President Goodluck Jonathan over the current crisis in the party.

The News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, report that some politicians in the state had grouped themselves ostensibly to form a faction of the party.

The governor however said the warning became necessary following the emergence of factions in the party’s national leadership and the apparent spread of the crisis to some PDP-controlled states.

“The ruling PDP has the election-winning machinery at any level.

“However, a few dissidents think that this time is an opportunity for them to begin to create disharmony in the PDP system in Kwara.

“But they should know clearly that we have an election-winning machinery and that machinery has been used and it’s available.

“Those dissidents should get to know that they cannot come and start running a parallel structure here. They will just be wasting their time, because we are a formidable force.

“In Kwara, ours is not really a political party, we follow our leader. An election-winning machinery is what we have.

“We have showed it before, when we took it from ANPP to PDP and God is still with us”, he said.

The governor said the meeting some PDP governors held with President Goodluck Jonathan was a mark of respect for the President and to deliberate on issues the governors had highlighted.

He said consultations were still going on, adding that another round of consultation was being arranged where he hoped the issues raised would be thrashed out.

“We voted and our votes were part of those that brought President Jonathan to power.

“Our leaders should be invited to ensure things go well. We can’t struggle to get things in place for some other people to enjoy,’’ he said.

The governor was met on arrival to Ilorin by PDP supporters and government officials who came out in their large number, amidst drumming and dancing

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/144076-gov-ahmed-new-pdp-faction-vows-crush-factions-kwara-chapter.html
Re: Gov Ahmed Of New PDP Faction Vows To Crush Factions In Kwara Chapter by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 03, 2013
Imagine the hypocrisy and double-standard! Yet you feel you have the right to belong to an illegal faction at the national level of the party - in defiance of the president. These clowns are beyond redemption.

Unfortunately, Jonathan's detractors would be blind, deaf, and dumb to the absolutism practiced by fools such as Amaechi and this Kwara puppet in their respective states. This explains why no sensible and objective person takes their jaundiced rantings against the president seriously.

4 Likes

Re: Gov Ahmed Of New PDP Faction Vows To Crush Factions In Kwara Chapter by kulikuli26: 7:20pm On Sep 03, 2013
He hasn't said anything new, infact he has spoken the truth.we don't have a party in ilorn we only have a leader so the question of opposition or even dissidents cannot work as far as ilorin is concerned.I can assure u if dey move to Pdm or vop dey will still win.
Re: Gov Ahmed Of New PDP Faction Vows To Crush Factions In Kwara Chapter by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 03, 2013
kulikuli26: He hasn't said anything new, infact he has spoken the truth.we don't have a party in ilorn we only have a leader so the question of opposition or even dissidents cannot work as far as ilorin is concerned.I can assure u if dey move to Pdm or vop dey will still win.

Who is the so-called leader? The late Baba Oloye abi this his deluded and arrogant son called Bukola? Do you think Kwara people are so docile and senseless to sheepishly follow one spoilt brat that has zero leadership qualities and zero charisma? Just wait. Shebi he is currently telling the EFCC all he knows about the billions of naira he looted from Kwara State treasury while he was governor. Let us see how he would "lead" Kwara politics from Kirikiri Maximum Prison in 2015. Shebi he is the one pulling the strings behind this puppet governor, telling him what to do and which faction to belong to. We would see what fate befalls both the puppet and the puppeteer in 2015.
Re: Gov Ahmed Of New PDP Faction Vows To Crush Factions In Kwara Chapter by janvier27(m): 7:44pm On Sep 03, 2013
What has just happened with Offa LG elections results is so shocking and embarrassing. And imagine this coming from those who claim they want to salvage PDP from anti-democratic forces.

1 Like

Re: Gov Ahmed Of New PDP Faction Vows To Crush Factions In Kwara Chapter by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 03, 2013
Hypocrisy unprecedented! A beg, I no fit shout
Re: Gov Ahmed Of New PDP Faction Vows To Crush Factions In Kwara Chapter by omonnakoda: 8:18pm On Sep 03, 2013
Oloye SAW
Re: Gov Ahmed Of New PDP Faction Vows To Crush Factions In Kwara Chapter by yunglykmine(m): 8:21pm On Sep 03, 2013
Bukola Saraki's Boy has spoken!
Re: Gov Ahmed Of New PDP Faction Vows To Crush Factions In Kwara Chapter by Chiefupper: 8:24pm On Sep 03, 2013
LOL....Ilorin and its environs,this reminds me of how "THE LEADER(sen. Bukola Saraki)" chose the Ilorin West chairmanship PDP flag bearer-very dictative and cunning to the extent that the bearer,Zulu Oloje did not know he would be the one to be selected,he thought he would return to his post as commissioner for energy.Now what surprised me is the way it was effected immediately-with no objection or argument even from the expected person.Now tell me,it is this same person that is condeming and deviating from the laws made by his oga at the top(jonathan),the worst thing that annoyed me was his pet that now come down to Ilorin and said nobody must do such a thing-even though we watched him do it!.Kwarans where are we heading to?.I reserved my comment till after 26th of October(chairmanship election) .
Re: Gov Ahmed Of New PDP Faction Vows To Crush Factions In Kwara Chapter by albiol: 9:54pm On Sep 03, 2013
They are all fighting for their interest none is fighting for the interest of the masses
Re: Gov Ahmed Of New PDP Faction Vows To Crush Factions In Kwara Chapter by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 04, 2013
albiol: They are all fighting for their interest none is fighting for the interest of the masses
Most Nigerians know that already.
Re: Gov Ahmed Of New PDP Faction Vows To Crush Factions In Kwara Chapter by ochejoseph(m): 8:58am On Sep 04, 2013
Why feed other people with a meal you won't even taste , this splinter Governors are the most insincere people I have ever heard of , DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO ! Give this guys state police and by now I can assure you civil war would have been kick started !

(1) (Reply)

Revealed: Why Jonathan Sacked Nine Ministers / Widespread Power Black-out In Lagos Enters 2nd Week / Delta Central Bye-election PDP Thrash APC. Pdp's Aguariavwodo In Early Lead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.