Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,338 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Abortion Saga: Rochas Okorocha Bows - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abortion Saga: Rochas Okorocha Bows (1205 Views)

Okorocha Bows To NLC Pressure, Recalls All Suspended Workers / Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / Abortion Saga: Rochas Okorocha Bows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abortion Saga: Rochas Okorocha Bows by Maxymilliano(m): 6:27pm On Sep 03, 2013
OWERRI – Governor Rochas Okorocha Tuesday, bowed to he superior fire power of the fiery Catholic Archbishop of Owerri Ecclesiastical Province, His Grace, Dr. AnthonyJ. V. Obinna, over the obnoxious abortion law.

The Governor, who retraced his locus when he addressed members of the State House of Assembly, appealed to he lawmakers to immediately commence the processes of expunging the offending sections of the obnoxious law.

“I have always loved children. I fell for this law as soon as I saw the safeguards it contained forthe protection of our women”, Okorocha explained.

According to the Governor, a law is as good as the acceptability by the people for which it was made and used the opportunity to appeal to the lawmakers to repeal the offending sections of the law.

“I make this appeal because my political opponents are waiting patiently for the outcome of this unfortunate abortion saga.

It is no worth the trouble to keep this law longer than necessary”, Okorocha said.

It was his considered opinion that the law unfortunately touched on the sensibility of church leaders, who he claimed, remained the pillars of his administration.

Before anchoring his speech on the abortion law, the Governor had earlier given a rundown of what he termed “the successes of my administration in the past two years and half”.

While saying at government had already released N5 billion to the contracting firm handling the Akachi Towers, Okorocha however expressed regret that te project had suffered some setback.

“Over 350 kilometers of rural roads have been tarred. All projects started by this administration will be completed within the tenure of this administration”, Okorocha promised.

Responding, the Deputy Speaker, Mr. Donates Ozoemena, who also superintended over the day’s sitting, said the House was roundly misunderstood by the citizenry.

“We had the noblest of intention when we passed the Bill. It went through the processes of law making. We promise to repeal this law to conform to the wishes of Imo people”, Ozoemena said.

Vanguard recalls that this vexatious law was signed by Okorocha since May 29, 2012, and remained silent until Dr. Phillip Njemanze drew the attention of Archbishop Obinna to it.

Addressing journalists last Friday, Archbishop Obinna not only demanded that the offending abortion law must be repealed but had also held a meeting with his priests to strategize onhow to battle the anti-life legislation.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/abortion-saga-rochas-okorocha-bows/
Re: Abortion Saga: Rochas Okorocha Bows by Wily1Wily: 6:35pm On Sep 03, 2013
haahaaa, na so OkoronSha Okorodudu dey fear,
Re: Abortion Saga: Rochas Okorocha Bows by spookem(m): 6:36pm On Sep 03, 2013
i see
Re: Abortion Saga: Rochas Okorocha Bows by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 03, 2013
Exactly what I thought!! He dare not go against the catholic church in imo state.Finally these kids would be given an opportunity to live
Re: Abortion Saga: Rochas Okorocha Bows by FreeGlobe(f): 6:41pm On Sep 03, 2013
Hyperactive element okorocha. What a clown. when will he retrace his steps on APC because his political opponents are waiting too.
Re: Abortion Saga: Rochas Okorocha Bows by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 03, 2013
Case closed!! I hope this matter dies a natural death.
Re: Abortion Saga: Rochas Okorocha Bows by kzokul(m): 6:55pm On Sep 03, 2013
Lol! This guy have really learnt from ohakim saga with the catholic church. He knows he won the last election when the catholic church decided to treat ohakim's fucccccc.k up for flogging a catholic priest. Lol! Okorocha go and sin no more.
Re: Abortion Saga: Rochas Okorocha Bows by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 03, 2013
So what is the difference between APC and PDP? Rochas signed a bill into law and now wants to reverse it. That goes a long way to show that these APC guys have no sound mind. Rochas is not repentant of what he did, but is reversing it for political reasosns. He is worse than GEJ.
Re: Abortion Saga: Rochas Okorocha Bows by owobokiri(m): 7:47pm On Sep 03, 2013
I am all in support of the "protection of the unborn children".. I just hope that our hyper active bishops wont stop at just criticizing such laws. They should go a step further and explain to us what to do when an unborn fetus threatens the life of the mother. The views of the womenfolk matters here. I mean the mothers who go through this ordeal. You don't just seat in your well furnished bishops residence wagging your fingers as you order a mother to die in order to have a baby. That is INSANE! Totally counter productive and defeats every reason upon which the initial position was taken. . If I am Okorocha, i will sign this bill in my second term and then force it down the throats of our noisy bishops. Their gra gra too much. These bishops are slowly turning into some kind of irritants. How many new schools have they built? How many hospitals? How many scholarships? Is it not damning enough that almost a century after independence, the number of schools built by the foreign missionaries still outnumber that built by our indigenous priests? They are all fixated in their dramatic condemnation of fornication and abortion yet an untrained mind will always incubate evil
Re: Abortion Saga: Rochas Okorocha Bows by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 03, 2013
owobokiri: I am all in support of the "protection of the unborn children".. I just hope that our hyper active bishops wont stop at just criticizing such laws. They should go a step further and explain to us what to do when an unborn fetus threatens the life of the mother. The views of the womenfolk matters here. I mean the mothers who go through this ordeal. You don't just seat in your well furnished bishops residence wagging your fingers as you order a mother to die in order to have a baby. That is INSANE! Totally counter productive and defeats every reason upon which the initial position was taken. . If I am Okorocha, i will sign this bill in my second term and then force it down the throats of our noisy bishops. Their gra gra too much. These bishops are slowly turning into some kind of irritants. How many new schools have they built? How many hospitals? How many scholarships? Is it not damning enough that almost a century after independence, the number of schools built by the foreign missionaries still outnumber that built by our indigenous priests? They are all fixated in their dramatic condemnation of fornication and abortion yet an untrained mind will always incubate evil

Sign it in your second term? You really underestimate the power of the catholic church in the east!! There is no way the catholic church will allow that law to be executed!! Better read about Jaime cardinal Sin and the philipine revolution!!
Re: Abortion Saga: Rochas Okorocha Bows by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 03, 2013
owobokiri: I am all in support of the "protection of the unborn children".. I just hope that our hyper active bishops wont stop at just criticizing such laws. They should go a step further and explain to us what to do when an unborn fetus threatens the life of the mother. The views of the womenfolk matters here. I mean the mothers who go through this ordeal. You don't just seat in your well furnished bishops residence wagging your fingers as you order a mother to die in order to have a baby. That is INSANE! Totally counter productive and defeats every reason upon which the initial position was taken. . If I am Okorocha, i will sign this bill in my second term and then force it down the throats of our noisy bishops. Their gra gra too much. These bishops are slowly turning into some kind of irritants. How many new schools have they built? How many hospitals? How many scholarships? Is it not damning enough that almost a century after independence, the number of schools built by the foreign missionaries still outnumber that built by our indigenous priests? They are all fixated in their dramatic condemnation of fornication and abortion yet an untrained mind will always incubate evil

"protection of the unborn children": A typical statement made by deluded people, who fool themselves by thinking they're laying a base for their argument. This is similar to the statements: "I'm not a racist, but ...";
Re: Abortion Saga: Rochas Okorocha Bows by owobokiri(m): 8:12pm On Sep 03, 2013
donedy:

"protection of the unborn children": A typical statement made by deluded people, who fool themselves by thinking they're laying a base for their argument. This is similar to the statements: "I'm not a racist, but ...";

I am still waiting for you to make your points. At the moment , you are speaking with your muscles.. I specifically informed you that i oppose a situation where the life of a child is traded for that of the mother. I am a catholic.., an ex seminarian, but this is my position. Prove me stupid with facts and not insults, you wannabe bully. I don't see how that position compares to racism. I hope you are not just determined to ranckle my chain.
Re: Abortion Saga: Rochas Okorocha Bows by Abagworo(m): 8:40pm On Sep 03, 2013
Maxymilliano:
“I have always loved children. I fell for this law as soon as I saw the safeguards it contained forthe protection of our women”, Okorocha explained.

According to the Governor, a law is as good as the acceptability by the people for which it was made and used the opportunity to appeal to the lawmakers to repeal the offending sections of the law.

“I make this appeal because my political opponents are waiting patiently for the outcome of this unfortunate abortion saga.

It is no worth the trouble to keep this law longer than necessary”, Okorocha said.

This is what makes a leader and not muscle. Jonathan should learn from Rochas on the voice of the masses.

This law was not a bad law but considering the fact that the masses didn't understand and accept it, then it should be revisited. This is what you get when a leader is truly elected and not rigged in. His conviction is usually with the people and not godfathers.
Re: Abortion Saga: Rochas Okorocha Bows by Ngwakwe: 9:03pm On Sep 03, 2013
Why was there no public hearing before the second reading of the bill?

Abagworo:

This is what makes a leader and not muscle. Jonathan should learn from Rochas on the voice of the masses.

This law was not a bad law but considering the fact that the masses didn't understand and accept it, then it should be revisited. This is what you get when a leader is truly elected and not rigged in. His conviction is usually with the people and not godfathers.
Re: Abortion Saga: Rochas Okorocha Bows by taharqa: 9:08pm On Sep 03, 2013
berem: Case closed!! I hope this matter dies a natural death.
Shebi you were running yr mouth anyhow that day? Clown grin..
Re: Abortion Saga: Rochas Okorocha Bows by Longeria(m): 9:09pm On Sep 03, 2013
berem: Case closed!! I hope this matter dies a natural death.
winner ooo winner, winner ooooo winner, OKOROCHA and Berem done surrender ooooo winner, 2015 dey go surrender again ooooo winner. Children of God praise God.

1 Like

Re: Abortion Saga: Rochas Okorocha Bows by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 03, 2013
taharqa: Shebi you were running yr mouth anyhow that day? Clown grin..
meaning? If imolites have said they don't want the bill, they have the right to protest. Am not in support of Abortion except it's a life threatening one. But stopping the bill to be signed into law does not and will not stop abortion.
Re: Abortion Saga: Rochas Okorocha Bows by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 03, 2013
okorocha you will learn a bitter lesson. Reshuffle your cabinet 1 million times it won't save you. You are a one term governor after which you return to your masters so they baptize you with;

7 cups of palm oil, 6 cups of vegetable oil, and a very big black mould of yam peel food so you can reguo-afor.
Re: Abortion Saga: Rochas Okorocha Bows by AkamuandStew: 1:46am On Sep 04, 2013
Maxymilliano: Vanguard recalls that this vexatious law was signed by Okorocha since May 29, 2012, and remained silent until Dr. Phillip Njemanze drew the attention of Archbishop Obinna to it.

Pure politics!!!

Can someone explain why the Church was silent for over a year??

Are there no. Catholics in the house of assembly??

The Church and its clergy is just being used by PDP and APGA politicians to deceive gullible and irrational Ibos since they obviously lack the capacity for rational thought but are mainly driven by their emotions, sentiments and tribal bigotry..

cool
Re: Abortion Saga: Rochas Okorocha Bows by donguutti: 9:03am On Sep 04, 2013
your grace forgive my questions.

Does removing the law stop the abortion from happening,does it stop the sale of 'flushing pills.

Singing sunny bobo in okorochas voice--"Father ee emela m njo,ka anyi gawa confession"

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Plane Crash Just Happened Along NAHCO / I Remain Speaker Of River's State House Of Assembly: Evan Bipi / An Open Letter/reply To Gov. Amaechi Regarding His Utterance On AIT.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.