Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Is The US The Only Country/continent That Conducts A Visa Lottery Program? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is The US The Only Country/continent That Conducts A Visa Lottery Program? (4414 Views)

Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. / Lagos Airport Conducts Bombing Response Drill / Visa Lottery Winner, Other Arrested Over Scam Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The US The Only Country/continent That Conducts A Visa Lottery Program? by promkingzz(m): 12:34am On Sep 04, 2013
Please i need info from those of you who have better knowledge about this. Ive also heard of Canadian visa lottery sometime ago but after careful investigation and online research i discovered it was trash. Please is there any other Country/Continent that legally conducts visa lottery programs besides the US?
Re: Is The US The Only Country/continent That Conducts A Visa Lottery Program? by solomonwis(m): 4:59pm On Sep 04, 2013
promkingzz: Please i need info from those of you who have better knowledge about this. Ive also heard of Canadian visa lottery sometime ago but after careful investigation and online research i discovered it was trash. Please is there any other Country/Continent that legally conducts visa lottery programs besides the US?

Truth is most developed countries are not going to continue to risk opening their borders to people of different calibre all in the name of visa lottery! Given the situation of event the world over,these countries would rather open their border to people who would contribute meaningfully to the growth and development of the economy no matter how little. As it is now,only the USA is still conducting visa lottery and they are contemplating changing that to skilled worker program like other developed countries. So it will no longer be an all-comers affair but one that is carefully designed to help drive their economy.

Rather than look for countries with visa lottery,I'd advise you equip yourself well enough to be an economic contributor so you can move down to any country of your choice. In other words,equip yourself to be a skilled migrant so you have a wide range of choices on the countries to finally settle in.

New Zealand,Australia,Canada,Denmark,etc all have skilled migration program but they don't have visa lottery program.so the choice and preparation is yours to make

1 Like

Re: Is The US The Only Country/continent That Conducts A Visa Lottery Program? by solomonwis(m): 4:59pm On Sep 04, 2013
promkingzz: Please i need info from those of you who have better knowledge about this. Ive also heard of Canadian visa lottery sometime ago but after careful investigation and online research i discovered it was trash. Please is there any other Country/Continent that legally conducts visa lottery programs besides the US?

Truth is most developed countries are not going to continue to risk opening their borders to people of different calibre all in the name of visa lottery! Given the situation of event the world over,these countries would rather open their border to people who would contribute meaningfully to the growth and development of the economy no matter how little. As it is now,only the USA is still conducting visa lottery and they are contemplating changing that to skilled worker program like other developed countries. So it will no longer be an all-comers affair but one that is carefully designed to help drive their economy.

Rather than look for countries with visa lottery,I'd advise you equip yourself well enough to be an economic contributor so you can move down to any country of your choice. In other words,equip yourself to be a skilled migrant so you have a wide range of choices on the countries to finally settle in.

New Zealand,Australia,Canada,Denmark,etc all have skilled migration program but they don't have visa lottery program.so the choice and preparation is yours to make
Re: Is The US The Only Country/continent That Conducts A Visa Lottery Program? by babaajala: 7:37pm On Sep 04, 2013
pls can someone enlighten me on canadian skill worker immigration stuff. how it works
Re: Is The US The Only Country/continent That Conducts A Visa Lottery Program? by solomonwis(m): 7:51pm On Sep 04, 2013
baba ajala: pls can someone enlighten me on canadian skill worker immigration stuff. how it works

There's a thread with the title Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here. Look up for it and ask your questions there
https://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Installs Full Body Scanners At Airports. / Random Pictures From Qatar / Three Months Visit Visa To Turkey And A Job 0f 100k In Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.