Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,723 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

How To Crack A Password Protected Zip File - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Crack A Password Protected Zip File (32604 Views)

How To Crack An Encrypted Winrar Archive Without Password? / I Could Not Delete A Particular Winrar Zip File On My Desktop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Crack A Password Protected Zip File by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 04, 2013
This may be useful for those who have lost the password to their zip files or who have zip files that are password protected.

*Assume the zip file you want to crack is named CrackMe.zip and it is located in your desktop
1. Download fcrackzip from http://blog.rubypdf.com/wp-download/crack/fcrackzip-1.0-win32.zip
2. Extract the downloaded fcrackzip to your desktop after downloading
3. Start your command prompt or type cmd in your computer search bar and click on the command prompt.
4. Once your command prompt opens, change the directory to desktop. For example, on my system I would simply type the following: cd C:\Users\Martins\Desktop\
5. After changing the directory to desktop, type the following in your command prompt: fcrackzip -b C:\Users\Martins\Desktop\CrackMe.zip
6. The program will immediately start attempting to crack the password of the zip file. The

lenght of time it takes to crack a particular password depends on the type of password. It can

take a few minutes, hours, days or even weeks.
7. Goodluck and feel free to drop your comments or questions.

1 Like

Re: How To Crack A Password Protected Zip File by Polyflexzy(m): 2:53am On Oct 11, 2015
can it actually take weeks to crack a zip file? no matter how small the content?

(1) (Reply)

Unbelievable Things People Search On Google / 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop / Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.