Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Windows Phones Owners Meets Here - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Phones Owners Meets Here (1036 Views)

Choosing Between Nokia android and windows Phones / How Good Are Windows Phones? / What Is The Difference Btw Windows Phones And Non-Windows Smart Phones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Windows Phones Owners Meets Here by whitechriz(m): 2:38pm On Sep 04, 2013
Window 8 phones are the main thing now . With this current merging of MICROSOFT WINDOW AND NOKIA I expect that window phone shall soon over come Ios and Andriod phones.

I just got the new NOKIA LUMIA 720 So let the windows 8 phone users meet here for more discussions . Downloads and new apps and more
Re: Windows Phones Owners Meets Here by UjSizzle(f): 4:22pm On Sep 04, 2013
lol present here smiley

Re: Windows Phones Owners Meets Here by Joel3(m): 5:36pm On Sep 04, 2013
yeah
Re: Windows Phones Owners Meets Here by pacioti: 8:39pm On Sep 04, 2013
Yawn
Re: Windows Phones Owners Meets Here by stanley99a(m): 7:06am On Sep 05, 2013
Ya. Y is it that almost every of the windows game are for sale to download. How do i buy this game.
Re: Windows Phones Owners Meets Here by jmaine: 7:20am On Sep 05, 2013
stanley99a: Ya. Y is it that almost every of the windows game are for sale to download. How do i buy this game.

Just get yourself a UBA Africard and the rest will be history. . . .
Re: Windows Phones Owners Meets Here by stanley99a(m): 7:24am On Sep 05, 2013
jmaine:

Just get yourself a UBA Africard and the rest will be history. . . .

thanx, like hw much are we lookin at here.
Re: Windows Phones Owners Meets Here by abrahym(m): 9:25am On Sep 05, 2013
how strong is nokia window phones battery....like how many hours can someone use it to broswe and chat
Re: Windows Phones Owners Meets Here by abrahym(m): 9:29am On Sep 05, 2013
downlaod for 4shared app on your phone,search for any apps you want. its totally free
Re: Windows Phones Owners Meets Here by UjSizzle(f): 9:54am On Sep 05, 2013
abrahym: how strong is nokia window phones battery....like how many hours can someone use it to broswe and chat
It depends on what lumia you buy. I think the 720 and 520 have better battery power than the 620. Browse through GsmArena.com for phone specs tho.
Re: Windows Phones Owners Meets Here by lockedOut: 11:58am On Oct 04, 2013
Wow the Windows Phone is not really catching up in Nigeria, I have been using a windows phone for the past 3 months and I must say the experience has been worth it from the word go. It does not have a native Instagram app but other developers have tried in this regard. There is 6tag which quite awesome as it allows you to both download and upload and sign up with Instagram. Windwos phone might not have as much apps as the IOS or the Android but there are enough complimentary apps on the store too.

What microsoft has done spectacularly well is the UI of the OS I must say they have done really well, as the navigation is quite splendid and I can only see the acceptance growing. Also there is a new upgrade that brings radio functionality for users of the 620,520, 720 and 920.

One of my favourites apps on the windows phone platform is the Bing, as it brings life news, allows for bar code scanning and also functions just like Shazam. All in one app. I must commend Microsoft for the Bing app as it totally blew me away. I use a Nokia windows phone and Nokia as done magnificently well in developing native nokia app for the phone. There is Nokia music with free music streaming (region dependent) and Nokia Cinemagraph, Nokia Panorama both are great photography apps. Also windows phone come with native Microsoft Office mobile for easy editing of office documents, though I must say it is useful for basic functions.

Below are some of the apps I have on my phone, if you have any you can share pls do not hesitate to do so.

Whatsapp ----------------------------Instant Messaging (they have been dropping nice updates unlike previous version)
Viber ------------------------------- Instant Messaging as well (hardly use it as all my friends are already on whatsapp)
Facebook ------------------------- Almost all platforms have this as well
Twitter-----------------------------Social Networks
UC Browser-------------------------------By far the best browser on the platform (thats from my point of view) a new upgrade was just released.
Nokia Express-----------------------------Mobile browser from nokia.... Also packs a lot of fucntionality and its handy when mindful of data usage (as encryption technology embedded)
Nokia Cinemagraph.-----------------------...good Photography app
6Tag----------------------------------great Instagram app
Adobe-----------------------------------document viewer (use this to read my pdf books on my fone)
Angry Bird Roost -----------------------game
CNN------------------------------------News
ESPN Hub-----------------------------Soccer news
Fantasy football-----------------------To manage my fantasy team
Film Closet---------------------------To watch latest movies triller (saw the triller of Now you see me) before I went to see...totally awesome!!
Gidi traffic---------------------------traffic update
Goal.com------------------------------Soccer update
Google Maps+
Here Maps, Drive and Transit---------Nokia map and navigation apps...awesome combination
Internet Explorer.-----------.-------..browser
LinkedIn----------------------------Social Network
Music Match--------------------------lyrics and media player
Oxford Dictionary----------Dictionary
Photosynth....--------------photo editor
Shazam-------------------Already downloaded this before I knew Bing could also do it
Skype---------------------Voice and video calling
Soccer Livescore----------Soccer Livescores with statistics, lines ups and head to head (good for those that bet) cool cool cool cool
Team Viewer-------------Remote desktop connection
Twitter------------------Social Network
WeChat------------------Instant Messaging
Youtube------------------Viewing video

Also I must add there are tons of other games I have nt listed, temple run 1, Sqaure 0ff, Bounce e.t.c that are worth playing. wpcentral.com is also a good site to get the latest happenings around the platform

1 Like

Re: Windows Phones Owners Meets Here by UchihaItachi(m): 7:50pm On Oct 04, 2013
^^^
How much did Microsoft pay you?
Re: Windows Phones Owners Meets Here by whitechriz(m): 9:57am On Apr 29, 2015
Windows Phone Africa (WPA) is an online provider of news, reviews and articles about smartphones, phone manufacturers, apps, developers and everything else about Windows Phone and Microsoft. .....windowsphoneafrica dot com
Re: Windows Phones Owners Meets Here by whitechriz(m): 8:23pm On Jun 16, 2015
Re: Windows Phones Owners Meets Here by whitechriz(m): 7:21pm On Jun 29, 2015
you can download 2go messenger for windows phone from http://www.windowsphoneafrica.com/download-2go-messenger-for-windows-or-lumia-phones/ and more information on windows phone

(1) (Reply)

Solution To Etisalat Bis Not Connecting On Non Bbdevice / IPHONE Icloud Passworded : Check THIS Before Paying For UNLOCKING / Help!!!! How To Stop Mtn Play Deductions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.