Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,582 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Confused On Which Professional Course To Go For - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Confused On Which Professional Course To Go For (728 Views)

Between Master's Degree And Professional Course / Do U Think Petroleum Engineering Is A Good Course To Study? / Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused On Which Professional Course To Go For by oshorlabyC(m): 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2013
As a 400L student of electrical/Electronics Engineering having his 6months I.T presently.am planning to use like 4months outta that 6months for some ICT training.Am now confused on which to go for. Am stocked between ;Engineering/ Networking i.e (Repair,maintenance,comp. Networking,softwares etc) or some professional courses like ; CCNA,SPSS,J2EE,J2SE,J2ME(java) and web application dev(php +MySql).
Pls any advice will be appreciated.thanks
Re: Confused On Which Professional Course To Go For by ayokenny37(m): 6:01pm On Sep 04, 2013
All depends on u and d career path u wanna take. The basis of IT is hardware. U can start with comptia A+
Re: Confused On Which Professional Course To Go For by oshorlabyC(m): 4:43am On Sep 05, 2013
ayo_kenny37: All depends on u and d career path u wanna take. The basis of IT is hardware. U can start with comptia A+
Thanks a lot.Am still not yet concluded on which path to take,am just looking at doing somefn to while away d time and as well enhancing my knowledge in ICT
Re: Confused On Which Professional Course To Go For by krestup: 11:18am On Sep 06, 2013
As an engineer, it's better you take a course that's inline with your profession. Even if you want to go into ICT it should be something related to your discipline like software's used for circuit design, HSE, Project management.

Most importantly, you need to know where your passion lies.
http://career.com.ng/factors-to-consider-when-making-a-career-choice/

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Vacancy At Dangote Plc / You Are Judged By Your Appearance / Trade/profit From Www.binary.com With Low Risk And Guaranteed Profit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.