Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer (20361 Views)

Nigeria’s Arinze Favoured As Pope Benedict XVI Resigns / Pope Benedict To Resign / Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by italo: 9:55am On Sep 07, 2013
Logicboy03:
The shroud of turin is dated to the medievel times after the death of Jesus. There is nothing miraculous about it.

What is the miracle? An 11th century man's image appeared on a piece of cloth? We all know that there is now way that is Jesus on there

Lol... No, it is not dated to the 11th century.

How did the image appear there?

By paint?

The most sophisticated and up to date scientists of the 21st century cannot tell us.

What about the Tilma?
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 07, 2013
italo:

Lol... No, it is not dated to the 11th century.

How did the image appear there?

By paint?

The most sophisticated and up to date scientists of the 21st century cannot tell us.

What about the Tilma?

After years of discussion, the Holy See permitted radiocarbon dating on portions of a swatch taken from a corner of the shroud. Independent tests in 1988 at the University of Oxford, the University of Arizona, and the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology concluded with 95% confidence that the shroud material dated to 1260–1390 AD.[1] This 13th to 14th century
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by italo: 11:26am On Sep 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

After years of discussion, the Holy See permitted radiocarbon dating on portions of a swatch taken from a corner of the shroud. Independent tests in 1988 at the University of Oxford, the University of Arizona, and the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology concluded with 95% confidence that the shroud material dated to 1260–1390 AD.[1] This 13th to 14th century

Too many irregularities with the conditions. And historical evidence proves otherwise. And scientists cant tell us how the image was made.

How could medieval men have made an image and today's sophisticated technology cant tell if it was paint or otherwise.

And what about the tilma?
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 07, 2013
italo:

Too many irregularities with the conditions. And historical evidence proves otherwise. And scientists cant tell us how the image was made.

How could medieval men have made an image and today's sophisticated technology cant tell if it was paint or otherwise.

And what about the tilma?

The same way Nigerian villagers know certain herbal remedies for certain sciknesses that modern science has not kept up with.

The burial process could have some special liquid or substance that could have left imprints. There are many scientific hypothesis to this mystery. However it is not a miracle just a fascinating discovery

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by clemtony(m): 12:58pm On Sep 07, 2013
ℓ̊ love my Church A̶̲̥̅̊η∂ being a Roman Catholic has always gven me edge in knowing more abt God.Pope Emeritus, Benedict is a humble pope, ℓ̊ luv Him A̶̲̥̅̊η∂ also belv in Him.God is in Control.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by italo: 1:12pm On Sep 07, 2013
Logicboy03:
The same way Nigerian villagers know certain herbal remedies for certain sciknesses that modern science has not kept up with.

The burial process could have some special liquid or substance that could have left imprints. There are many scientific hypothesis to this mystery. However it is not a miracle just a fascinating discovery

I like the words you use. "Could," "hypothesis," "mystery." If you dont know how the image came about, how can you say categorically that it is not a miracle?

What liquid could have been used in the burial process that mankind has never heard of and cannot detect in 2013?

What about the Tilma?
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Ubenedictus(m): 4:18pm On Sep 07, 2013
cold:
I think you're the ignorant one here. You don't know a damn thing about your faith. First read up on the Catholic Church & slavery,then follow it up with the Spanish inquisition,and then the catholic church and the Sicilian mafia,the catholic church and the dark ages,and also the catholic church & paedophilia. I can go on and on. There's nothing worthy of emulation from you lots. Your reputation reeks to the high heavens. And please don't bring in that Jewish book of fables into the argument or your argument will be taken to pieces
i have read all that, and if you were humble enough to sit in a classroom i'll willinglg give you lectures on them including their context, but i didn't stop there i also read about the lives of so many catholics who by their lives made the world a better place. You see only evil because you are looking for evil.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Ubenedictus(m): 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2013
cold:
I don't need to discuss the good things i have done & still do lest i be accused of hubris. There's no exaggerations of the evils of the catholic church. The vatican has had a hand in every devious dealing in the past 5 centuries. Only a m0ron would pretend not to know. About having the largest charity,how does that take away from the heinous activities of the catholic church? Is that supposed to hush us up?
oh really tell me how the vatican started ww2, the invasion of iraq, dropping nukes, chemical weapons in syria, you said in 5centuries let's see.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by SalC: 4:40pm On Sep 07, 2013
Glad to hear that! May God be praised.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by babestell(f): 4:57pm On Sep 07, 2013
Where do these thread derailers come from? Reading through the posts it is easy to forget what it is even about.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by plaetton: 7:39pm On Sep 07, 2013
Ubenedictus: i have read all that, and if you were humble enough to sit in a classroom i'll willinglg give you lectures on them including their context, but i didn't stop there i also read about the lives of so many catholics who by their lives made the world a better place. You see only evil because you are looking for evil.
By the s the same token, there have countless Jews, Muslims, Buddhist,Hindus, atheists, etc, who have also made the world a better place by their lives.
My point being that religion or sect does nor make anyone a better human being than they would have been, if example, they had belonged to a different religion or sect.
A good catholic is first a good person, good muslim is first a good person, and vise versa for a bad catholic or a bad Muslim.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by italo: 6:56am On Sep 08, 2013
plaetton:
By the s the same token, there have countless Jews, Muslims, Buddhist,Hindus, atheists, etc, who have also made the world a better place by their lives.
My point being that religion or sect does nor make anyone a better human being than they would have been, if example, they had belonged to a different religion or sect.
A good catholic is first a good person, good muslim is first a good person, and vise versa for a bad catholic or a bad Muslim.

We have countless examples of people who claim that conversion from being Atheist or irreligious to Catholicism made them better human beings. And they give concrete reasons for saying so. I have never heard of An Atheist or irreligious that says that leaving Catholicism made him better...with concrete reasons.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 08, 2013
italo:

I like the words you use. "Could," "hypothesis," "mystery." If you dont know how the image came about, how can you say categorically that it is not a miracle?

What liquid could have been used in the burial process that mankind has never heard of and cannot detect in 2013?

What about the Tilma?

See this joker. So mankind is now omniscient? You put your whole trust in scientists to know all liquids? The irony of a catholic science hater!!! Take for instance, local goat meat peppersoup from Delta....depending on the degree of mixture of the ingredients, the soup becomes a laxative. Only people from my mother's village know it. Should the village die out, the knowledge of that liquid dies.

Who told you that scientists have studied all degrees of mixtures of liquids? If you read harry potter or you cooked, you would know that the difference between poison and soup can be the amount of a particular ingredient put

Your argument is flawed. If there is something we dont know, it is a miracle? What nonsense!!!!

How is the shroud a miracle?
-we know that it is not Jesus on the shroud
-we know that people in that era already had some printing techniques
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:09am On Sep 08, 2013
italo:

We have countless examples of people who claim that conversion from being Atheist or irreligious to Catholicism made them better human beings. And they give concrete reasons for saying so. I have never heard of An Atheist or irreligious that says that leaving Catholicism made him better...with concrete reasons.

undecided
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by italo: 7:25am On Sep 08, 2013
Logicboy03:
See this joker. So mankind is now omniscient? You put your whole trust in scientists to know all liquids? The irony of a catholic science hater!!! Take for instance, local goat meat peppersoup from Delta....depending on the degree of mixture of the ingredients, the soup becomes a laxative. Only people from my mother's village know it. Should the village die out, the knowledge of that liquid dies.

Who told you that scientists have studied all degrees of mixtures of liquids? If you read harry potter or you cooked, you would know that the difference between poison and soup can be the amount of a particular ingredient put

Your argument is flawed. If there is something we dont know, it is a miracle? What nonsense!!!!

How is the shroud a miracle?
-we know that it is not Jesus on the shroud
-we know that people in that era already had some printing techniques

It is you Atheists that try to make us believe that mankind is omniscient. But if mankind isnt omniscient, then men like you cannot say categorically that God and his miracles dont exist.

Period!
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 08, 2013
italo:

How can you tell this blatant lie in bold when you have your ex-catholic brother, Logicboy, here with you?

Leaving the catholic church has made me a better person
-I no longer have to lie or be ignorant about the evils of the catholic church eg slavery, crusades etc
-I dont discriminate against gays or other religions
-I dont commit sins and deceive myself that I am in a state of grace after running to the father for confession and pennance
-I dont belong to a church that preaches lies and ignorance against condoms. Saying condoms are evil
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/sep/11/bad-science-pope-anti-condom

Italo, you are a liar.

It is also rare for an atheist to become a christian....it happens but rare
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 08, 2013
italo:

It is you Atheists that try to make us believe that mankind is omniscient.
But if mankind isnt omniscient, then men like you cannot say categorically that God and his miracles dont exist.

Period!

When caught in a lie, throw that lie back on the accuser

Italo, you no get sense. Have you not even seen where atheist make the argument that it is impossible to be omniscient due to the contradiction of freewill and also knowledge itself?
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by italo: 11:04am On Sep 08, 2013
Logicboy03:
How can you tell this blatant lie in bold when you have your ex-catholic brother, Logicboy, here with you?

Leaving the catholic church has made me a better person
-I no longer have to lie or be ignorant about the evils of the catholic church eg slavery, crusades etc
-I dont discriminate against gays or other religions
-I dont commit sins and deceive myself that I am in a state of grace after running to the father for confession and pennance
-I dont belong to a church that preaches lies and ignorance against condoms. Saying condoms are evil
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/sep/11/bad-science-pope-anti-condom

Everything you say on this anonymous forum is unverified and unverifiable.

If we are to go by your words, you are a living LIE. You pretend to be Catholic in real life. How do we even know you are not a muslim or a satanist just trying to further the agenda of satan.

Logicboy03:
Italo, you are a liar.

It is also rare for an atheist to become a christian....it happens but rare

At least, I know many. Almost all have said Catholicism made them better human beings.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by italo: 11:06am On Sep 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Italo, you no get sense. Have you not even seen where atheist make the argument that it is impossible to be omniscient due to the contradiction of freewill and also knowledge itself?

If they are not omniscient, then they cannot say categorically that God or his miracles dont exist. Period!
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by woky: 11:16am On Sep 08, 2013
Ubenedictus: You see only evil because you are looking for evil.
dat is jst it
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2013
italo:

Everything you say on this anonymous forum is unverified and unverifiable.

If we are to go by your words, you are a living LIE. You pretend to be Catholic in real life. How do we even know you are not a muslim or a satanist just trying to further the agenda of satan.

haha..........how could I ever pretend to be a catholic? Deep down, you know that I am (was) a catholic....my knowledge of the church is just too much
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by plaetton: 5:25pm On Sep 08, 2013
italo:

Italo,
Your stock is really dropping to new lows.
The kind of statements you make these days. Na wa

Who are the countless?
On Nairaland alone, we have our one and only logicdude, and countless others , like Muskeeto, Cyrexx, Avicenna, etc, who have confessed to being better human beings after jettisoning the heavy yolk of religion.

Show me one or two people who have said the same about leaving atheism for religion.

By uttering this nonsense, you seem to have missed the point I was trying to get across to Ubenedictus, which I am sure he did.
You seem to be getting too desperate. Your religious mind is too conflicted. The center can no longer hold.

I think you are well on your way to atheism, but you might have to stop over at a shrink house for rehabilitation. grin
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by italo: 5:34pm On Sep 08, 2013
Logicboy03:
haha..........how could I ever pretend to be a catholic? Deep down, you know that I am (was) a catholic....my knowledge of the church is just too much

Isnt it you who tells us how you pretend to be a Catholic in real life?
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by italo: 5:44pm On Sep 08, 2013
plaetton:

Italo,

Who are the countless?
On Nairaland alone, we have our one and only logicdude, and countless others , like Muskeeto, Cyrexx, Avicenna, etc, who have confessed to being better human beings after jettisoning the heavy yolk of religion.

Show me one or two people who have said the same about leaving atheism for religion.

By uttering this nonsense, you seem to have missed the point I was trying to get across to Ubenedictus, which I am sure he did.
You seem to be getting too desperate. Your religious mind is too conflicted. The center can no longer hold.

I think you are well on your way to atheism, but you might have to stop over at a shrink house for rehabilitation. grin

You are contradicting yourself or your fellow Atheists.

First, you say that good people are just good, regardless of creed.

Then you say some people (logicboy, cyrex) claim they are better because of their creed.

You mean they lied.

Then I will proceed to give you names of real verifiable people in my next post, not some anonymous, unknown and unknowable people. How are you sure logicboy is not avicena is not cyrex is not muskeeto is not muslim is not christian is not satanist is not confused?
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by plaetton: 6:00pm On Sep 08, 2013
italo:

You are contradicting yourself or your fellow Atheists.

First, you say that good people are just good, regardless of creed.

Then you say some people (logicboy, cyrex) claim they are better because of their creed.

You mean they lied.

Then I will proceed to give you names of real verifiable people in my next post, not some anonymous, unknown and unknowable people. How are you sure logicboy is not avicena is not cyrex is not muskeeto is not muslim is not christian is not satanist is not confused?

No contractions at all.

English 101.

There is a clear difference between being a good person(like I cited) and feeling good about oneself(like logicboy, Muskeeto, Cyrexx and Avicenna have confessed).

I cannot tell whether all these people are nice people on their own or not, But I do believe them when they say that they feel better and free as free thinkers and atheists.

Comprendo?
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 08, 2013
italo:

Isnt it you who tells us how you pretend to be a Catholic in real life?

grin grin grin grin

I didnt know that was what you were getting at
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Ubenedictus(m): 6:05pm On Sep 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

grin grin grin grin

I didnt know that was what you were getting at
hehehe, caught in the act
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Ubenedictus(m): 6:07pm On Sep 11, 2013
plaetton:

No contractions at all.

English 101.

There is a clear difference between being a good person(like I cited) and feeling good about oneself(like logicboy, Muskeeto, Cyrexx and Avicenna have confessed).

I cannot tell whether all these people are nice people on their own or not, But I do believe them when they say that they feel better and free as free thinkers and atheists.

Comprendo?
Logicboy can you please second plaetton, please tell us did atheism make you a better person.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Ubenedictus(m): 6:13pm On Sep 11, 2013
plaetton:

Italo,

Who are the countless?

this reminds me i was refreshing my memory on philosophy during the week and the plilosopher made an arguement that pride is inherent in atheist. Reading this just seems to agree.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Ubenedictus(m): 6:15pm On Sep 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

you mean the non-existent contradiction?
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by brocab: 5:42am On Jan 05, 2016
Don't think anything
Just asking did the pope say to the young lad, In the name of Jesus you are healed? cheesy
Or did the Pope work his own magic.
Ubenedictus:

http://vaticaninsider.lastampa.it/en/world-news/detail/articolo/benedetto-xvi-benedict-xvi-benedicto-xvi-27560/

what do you think
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by analice107: 9:13am On Jan 05, 2016
italo:
@ satan, I know that you know that God works countless miracles every second.

I know that you know about the incorruptibles, the miracles of Lourdes, the shroud of Turin, the liquefying blood of St. Gennaro, Our Lady of Guadalupe, Fatima and other apparitions. I know that you know of these and many more miracles that scientists have declared as clearly beyond nature. I know that you are just working hard to deceive men into your den by disbelieving God. You so desperately want them to fall into your miserable fate. You want partners to share you hate-filled and bitter eternity. But it has no effect on us Children of God.
Are these ones miracles? Ah Otio.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Some Of Us Born To Give More Love Than We Get – Pastor Fatoyinbo / Islam Created By The Roman Catholic / Stephanie Otobo's Apology To Apostle Suleman By Deji Yesufu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.