Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Is Repentance Complete Without Restitution? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Repentance Complete Without Restitution? (1616 Views)

Age Falsification: How Do I Make Restitution? / Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? / "What Is Repentance And Is It Necessary For Salvation?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Repentance Complete Without Restitution? by SundayEtuoka: 6:46pm On Sep 04, 2013
children of God i like to know if one can go to heaven after repentance without restitution
Re: Is Repentance Complete Without Restitution? by Rexphobia(m): 6:53pm On Sep 04, 2013
Restitution is a very sensitive issue. Your best answer will be from the Holy Spirit.

Don't attempt anything humanly. You should pray about it and get counselling.

If after repentance, you still feel you have something that does not belong to you in your possession or something heavy in your mind then Restitution may be required.

If not, enjoy the joy of your salvation
Re: Is Repentance Complete Without Restitution? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 04, 2013
No its not. In simple terms, restitution implies you giving back whatever was wrongfully taken. The master endorsed it. Luke 8:9.
From another angle, restitution is a proof of true repentance. Some people think repentance is remorse. But its not. Restitution simply shows that you are sorry for what you did but you are willing to undo it if possible.
Re: Is Repentance Complete Without Restitution? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:12pm On Sep 04, 2013
Sunday Etuoka: children of God i like to know if one can go to heaven after repentance without restitution
no! It is imposible to repent and not give restitution, that is why you should give thanks to christ who by his death made total restitution to divine justice for your sins. Inasmuch as with a repentant heart you confess your sins unto the lord then be assured that by the merit of his death on calvary he has made full restitution to divine justice for your sins and granted you forgiveness. Anything else is icing on the cake.

Peace, God loves you

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Collections On Christ's Second Coming- Bible Study Series / Tunde Bakare: I Dumped Deeper Life Church Because Television Is A Devil’s Box / How Show Love This Ramadan - Create Ramadan Gifts That Last

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.