Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

pdp. Bamanga Tukur Threat Is Baseless - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / pdp. Bamanga Tukur Threat Is Baseless (717 Views)

Allegations Of “Illegal Diversion” Of Abacha's Loot Baseless – Okonjo-Iweala / Bamanga Tukur Escapes Assassination - The Nation / Oshiomhole's Baseless Diatribe Against Okonjo-Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

pdp. Bamanga Tukur Threat Is Baseless by rooftech: 7:25pm On Sep 04, 2013
Mr Tukur, I am afraid to tell you but a faction has been created. It is now for you to go to court to determine or have determined that no faction exists as a matter of law. This is not a matter to be determined by pronouncements by you on pages of newspapers or social media. If a court of law determines that no faction exists then you may have some point. But remember , the NASS members have not declared for a different political party. They have declared loyalty to a faction of the existing party. They cannot therefore lose their seats.

and who owns the pdp wadata headquarters office .i think atiku bought it in 1998 or thereabout for 98million,who is in possesion of the registration certificate .atiku

This response is typical of Nigerian politicians who habitually want to misinform the public whilst living in their "fool's paradise".
The PDP is fractured,that is a fact known to every tom,dick and harry,it would have been more respectful if Mr Tukur concentrated on informing Nigeria how he intends to navigate his party ship out of the doldrums instead of pretending to be in power when there is a motion in court questioning the legitimacy of his membership of the PDP and that of his faction in general.
The Atiku-led rebellion has to be dealt with swiftly if the PDP is to survive as a party but from all indications "begging" has been the only visible policy in resolving the issue.It however remains a mystery how these renegade Governors whose major demand is that Jonathan drop his 2015 ambition can be appeased.

text of bamanga speech

I'm fully in charge of PDP -Tukur

Embattled National Chairman of a faction of the Peoples Democratic Party, Dr. Bamanga Tukur, has declared that he is still in charge of the party.
Tukur spoke at a press briefing innAbuja, where he also threatened to declare the seats of members of National Assembly hobnobbing with the rebel group, who went to form the New Peoples Democratic Party in Abuja in Saturday, vacant.

He said those who formed the New PDP are undemocratic and impostors.

Text Of Press Conference Delivered By The National Chairman Of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, CON At The PDP National Secretariat On Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Gentlemen of the press, you are aware of the current developments in our great party. Our reason for being here is to inform you without any iota of doubt that the Peoples Democratic Party has no faction and there is neither room nor reason whatsoever for such a claim under any guise.

The PDP has only one duly elected National Executive Committee (NEC) under my Chairmanship. I wish therefore to state with all emphasis that any group of persons parading themselves as leaders of NEC or any other organ of our party are impostors and I urge all Nigerians, especially the security agencies and other institutions of democracy to regard them as such.

Let me state categorically that the PDP as the sole custodian of the sacred mandate of over 160 million Nigerians and who in the last fourteen years has lifted high the banner of democracy will not fold its arms while some undemocratic and unpatriotic elements destroy our common destiny by causing divisions and confusion among the people.

Consequently, we shall ensure that any person who is not duly elected into any leadership position in our great party and has not been duly assigned any role but goes ahead to arrogate such to himself will be made to face the full wrath of the law.

Similarly, all persons elected on the platform of our great party at all levels who identify with these enemies of the oneness and greatness of our party shall have their seats declared vacant as required by law.

We shall leave no stone unturned to ensure that such persons and indeed any other individual who attempts to subvert the leadership of the PDP shall reap in full, the consequences of such actions.

I wish to emphasize that the PDP has adequate mechanism for internal conflict resolution. All party members are therefore advised to ventilate their grievances through this medium.

There is only one lawfully recognized PDP and I am firmly in charge.

Thank you and may God bless you
Alhaji (Dr) Bamanga Tukur, CON
National Chairman
Re: pdp. Bamanga Tukur Threat Is Baseless by AdeniyiA(m): 7:51pm On Sep 04, 2013
"Threats"
op take note.
Re: pdp. Bamanga Tukur Threat Is Baseless by rooftech: 5:48am On Sep 05, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News !!!!! Nigeria Police Invade Headquarters Of New PDP In Abuja. / Imagine If Amaechi Was President And Jonathan Governor Of Bayelsa / Nyesom Wike Or Rotimi Ameachi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.