Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

My Son's Imaginary Friend- Peter - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Son's Imaginary Friend- Peter (1496 Views)

Check Out My Son @1 / Picture Of My Son Preparing For School For The First Time / Is My Son's School "Over Teaching?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Son's Imaginary Friend- Peter by oolumide: 8:46pm On Sep 04, 2013
My 5yr old son has an imaginary friend since he was 3yrs plus that he is always talking about like they are friends. Now he talks more about him. Nairalanders does anyone has a child with imaginary friends.
Re: My Son's Imaginary Friend- Peter by 247notire(m): 8:48pm On Sep 04, 2013
The boy a na go sanko
Re: My Son's Imaginary Friend- Peter by obowunmi(m): 8:50pm On Sep 04, 2013
He may have schizophrenia.

Go to a psychiatrist.
Re: My Son's Imaginary Friend- Peter by oolumide: 9:03pm On Sep 04, 2013
What is schizophrenia? Though i doubt if is suffering from anything. Because he admmited at age four that the chap is imarginary. My son at tender age can cook up all sort of stories, sometimes when he wants you to be cross with her elder sister. Which kin boy be this?
Re: My Son's Imaginary Friend- Peter by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 04, 2013
Its normal, he is possibly lonely, needs a "friend" who is all sorts of "cool" and perfect.

Mine has an imaginery elder brother, who drives and has a cool power bike and protects him from big boys, and has powers to fight bad guys.

Its just a phase, don't let anyone make you feel he is abnormal.
It will reduce when he has kids his age to play with.
Re: My Son's Imaginary Friend- Peter by baby124: 9:29pm On Sep 04, 2013
Get him a brother/sister. Or get ghost busters in your house. cheesy. I hear its normal. kiss
Re: My Son's Imaginary Friend- Peter by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 04, 2013
obowunmi: He may have schizophrenia.

Go to a psychiatrist.

shocked shocked Holy Ghost!! Ah ah!

Why are you trying to scare the man?

Imaginary friends are normal OP. About the cooking up lies to get his sister in trouble, that's being naughty and he should be disciplined when he does that. Note discipline is not the same as beating.
Re: My Son's Imaginary Friend- Peter by baby124: 9:47pm On Sep 04, 2013
oolumide: What is schizophrenia? Though i doubt if is suffering from anything. Because he admmited at age four that the chap is imarginary. My son at tender age can cook up all sort of stories, sometimes when he wants you to be cross with her elder sister. Which kin boy be this?

LMAO. O i didnt see this. I remmeber a close friend who is in her 60's telling me her daughter who is over 25 now lied a lot when she was your sons age. I guess its normal too. You have to discipline him and teach him what is right and what is wrong at this point. This is the defining moment for him. cheesy. When he comes with stories, call his older sister. If he is lying spank him and take away privileges. Till he learns not to lie.
Re: My Son's Imaginary Friend- Peter by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 04, 2013
Lol!
Its normal. Too much cartoon.

As for the story part,pls try and instil discipline this early phase of his life else he grow with it.
Re: My Son's Imaginary Friend- Peter by oolumide: 9:56pm On Sep 04, 2013
@baby 123, thanks Jare, dont mind Obowunmi, schizo ko schizo ni. pls nobody can scare anybody with anything, if you know what my eyes have seen on the boy, nothing scare me again, severally i have posted questions on the boy character on nairaland. Infact when he was about to be given birth to doctor in one very big and respected private hospital in Nigeria said he was going to be born with what they called microcepalia or wetin be the name again, I wept and cried like a baby to baba God to look down upon me with mercy. That i dont have capacity to handle the situation, God heard my crying and weeping, if you see the boy at birth, if they told you he was born to britico parents of beckamp origin you wont doubt it. The boy has been sharper than his mate since then.
Re: My Son's Imaginary Friend- Peter by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 04, 2013
Its normal. My mum said, I had an imaginary house, imaginary people and imaginary pets. I came out fine. cool

obowunmi: He may have schizophrenia.

Go to a psychiatrist.

You're going way too far undecided

1 Like

Re: My Son's Imaginary Friend- Peter by oolumide: 9:58pm On Sep 04, 2013
@baby 123 though like you advise, i normally rebuke him anytime he cooks up stories. but i remember my younger brother when he was young used to cook up very unimaginable stories to get attention
Re: My Son's Imaginary Friend- Peter by baby124: 10:01pm On Sep 04, 2013
oolumide: @baby 123, thanks Jare, dont mind Obowunmi, schizo ko schizo ni. pls nobody can scare anybody with anything, if you know what my eyes have seen on the boy, nothing scare me again, severally i have posted questions on the boy character on nairaland. Infact when he was about to be given birth to doctor in one very big and respected private hospital in Nigeria said he was going to be born with what they called microcepalia or wetin be the name again, I wept and cried like a baby to baba God to look down upon me with mercy. That i dont have capacity to handle the situation, God heard my crying and weeping, if you see the boy at birth, if they told you he was born to britico parents of beckamp origin you wont doubt it. The boy has been sharper than his mate since then.

Get him involved in things that will keep him busy since you say he is sharp. My older friend remembered a situation and she was laughing. I asked her what happened, and she said she remembered when her daughter was young and told some very terrible lies. Which she had to defend herself to the parents of her daughters friends. Not all kids are the same, so they come with their unique wahala. Just engage him in something productive with other boys of his age group. Let him play his energy out. Maybe he is just bored and feels lonely. I have an older brother like that who did really crazy things for attention. You would have forgotten him at an adoption home if you had a child like him trust me. Well God answered your prayers, be grateful. You have a son, though naughty but healthy and has a sharp mind, and an imaginative mind. Which could be very creative and brilliant if well managed. Leave him to his imagination, but dont tolerate the lies
Re: My Son's Imaginary Friend- Peter by obowunmi(m): 10:30pm On Sep 04, 2013
Isn't there a cut off age for an imaginary friend? Seriously.... if he is approaching 10 years old with an imaginary friend, something is wrong.

Hasn't he started school ? seriously though....
Re: My Son's Imaginary Friend- Peter by baby124: 10:35pm On Sep 04, 2013
obowunmi: Isn't there a cut off age for an imaginary friend? Seriously.... if he is approaching 10 years old with an imaginary friend, something is wrong.

Hasn't he started school ? seriously though....

Haba he's 5 now. cheesy. Hes still a baby and learning what is right from wrong. Now imaginary friends keep him company till he is able to make real friends.
Re: My Son's Imaginary Friend- Peter by oolumide: 11:05pm On Sep 04, 2013
You know sometimes he will say to me that peter that is the name of the imaginary friend has been naughty and that he has sent away all his imaginary friend that peter is the only one left. he also called them imarginary friend, he is going to be 5yrs this month, his sister who is 7 also tag along in gisting with him about the so called peter like he is real.
Re: My Son's Imaginary Friend- Peter by baby124: 11:08pm On Sep 04, 2013
oolumide: You know sometimes he will say to me that peter that is the name of the imaginary friend has been naughty and that he has sent away all his imaginary friend that peter is the only one left. he also called them imarginary friend, he is going to be 5yrs this month, his sister who is 7 also tag along in gisting with him about the so called peter like he is real.
He learnt the word "imaginary friend" from you. He's fine and would outgrow it. The lies are unacceptable though. Enrol him in football or something
Re: My Son's Imaginary Friend- Peter by Mrsmansson(f): 11:35pm On Sep 04, 2013
Hmmn very Normal my dear.i had an imaginary younger brother called O.GK by me.this went on for years oh.i was lonely and bored, i was the last child.my elder ones didnt really have much of my time.thinking back now cheesy
Re: My Son's Imaginary Friend- Peter by mysticgal(f): 11:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
i had an imaginary friend,who i read my stories to,at that time my mum was patient with me,don't worry he would grow out of it,
Re: My Son's Imaginary Friend- Peter by bellong: 9:16am On Sep 05, 2013
@Op,

From your description, seems your boy will be Soyinka and Achebe combined. Encourage him by developing his imaginative writing/story skills. He will become a very good writer. Get him some interesting children books to start reading. Yes, its not too early in as much as he can talk and listen.

Give him challenging exercises and problem solving exercises for children. You have a great gift in the boy. As advised, do not tolerate lies and other social vices from him.

May God be with him..

(1) (Reply)

Parents Turn In 13-year-old Daughter Over Unclad Pics On Cell, Tablet / Husband Palava, / 7 Poisonous Beliefs That Make You Desperately Unhappy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.