Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa (33875 Views)

Animals! Super Animals! / World’s 6 Strangest Animals (and Where To Find Them) / 5 Animals That Actually Never DIE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by galaxy4rep(m): 10:10pm On Sep 05, 2013
Go ask NAT GEO WILD.!
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Brandoji: 10:11pm On Sep 05, 2013
Buoyantic:
. Make YERIMA no catch you oh!! Loool
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by mmmustapha(m): 10:11pm On Sep 05, 2013
sunday nice: I did not see OBJ picture there
d second picture na u
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 05, 2013
These animals are not strange animals, they are END TIME animals.

1 Like

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Brandoji: 10:12pm On Sep 05, 2013
Yomieluv: Obasanjo.

found in Ota Ogun state,retired,and eats eba everyday.plays an important role in Nigeria politics.
. Very strange Animal indeed!..
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by chucky234(m): 10:12pm On Sep 05, 2013
I watch these animals documented on DSTV daily and I dont think there is anything strange about them.
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by alienware(m): 10:12pm On Sep 05, 2013
dont8: Never heard or seen this animals before, hope they are protected and kept from going into extintion soon.

1. Wildebeests - Also known as the gnu, wildebeests are found on the grassy plains and woodlands of Southern, Central, and Eastern Africa. They are antelopes with hooves and you can find them while visiting the Serengeti National Park.
- Also known as the gnu, wildebeests are found on the grassy plains and woodlands of Southern, Central, and Eastern Africa. They are antelopes with hooves and you can find them while visiting the Serengeti National Park.

2. Blue Monkeys - Only a little hair on their faces give these monkeys a blue pigment and they are usually found in Central or East Africa. They eat fruits and leaves.

3. African gray parrot - Referred to by some as the smartest bird in the world, African gray parrot can learn hundreds of words and sounds, eats seeds, berries, nuts and fruit, and lives in the central and western parts of Africa.

4. Lemur - A wailing scream, pointed ears and large reflective eyes are characteristics of the lemur, a native to Madagascar.

5. Mandrill - The world’s largest monkey, the mandrill lives in Western Central Africa, Southern Cameroon, Gabon and the Congo. It has a red nose and cheeks that are blue with purple grooves on each side.

6. Pangolin - Pangolins are anteaters with no teeth, long sticky tongues and large scales that transform into a coat of armor for a rolled-up way of protection.

7. Bushbaby - Night monkeys of Africa, bushbabies are also named the galago. They are very small with excellent hearing and vision and feed on insects, fruits, tree gum and smaller animals.

8. Elephant shrew - Officially classified as the Cape elephant shrew, these are not rodents. They have five toes and long noses.

9. Aardvark - Living in dry or wet climates, the nocturnal aardvark is found all over Africa. It has poor eyesight, a long sticky tongue and large powerful claws for digging up termites.

10. Genet - Carnivores that use an odor to mark their territories, genets are nocturnal and found exclusively in Africa.

http://afkinsider.com/2126/10-of-the-strangest-animals-found-in-africa/10/
u must be living under the rock, if u think the wilderbeast are going extinct.watch Natgeo and sea how wilderbeast crosses the okavango delta in botswana stamping crocodiles.
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Caracta(f): 10:13pm On Sep 05, 2013
Boll2010: do u live close to a bush when u were a kid madam.CARACTA grin

Lol...school cheesy
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by UjSizzle(f): 10:13pm On Sep 05, 2013
Bamzy_don:

u'r a DSTV addict bro
I'm an animal addict bro grin
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Boll2010: 10:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
Caracta:

Lol...school cheesy
I guess one of dos hostels way back
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Caracta(f): 10:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
Boll2010: I guess one of dos hostels way back

You are so right...
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by UjSizzle(f): 10:18pm On Sep 05, 2013
dont8: I do, but I watch more of wild-life where the beasts eat each other and I don't normally
take interest in their names.
Oh i see.....u like to watch the Lions n Cheetahs hunt..and the Hyenas tryna steal their kill smiley
You need to pay attention to names, country of origin, and their mating rituals...really interesting stuff wink

1 Like

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by NOIBMUUL(m): 10:19pm On Sep 05, 2013
dont8: Never heard or seen this animals before, hope they are protected and kept from going into extintion soon.

1. Wildebeests - Also known as the gnu, wildebeests are found on the grassy plains and woodlands of Southern, Central, and Eastern Africa. They are antelopes with hooves and you can find them while visiting the Serengeti National Park.
- Also known as the gnu, wildebeests are found on the grassy plains and woodlands of Southern, Central, and Eastern Africa. They are antelopes with hooves and you can find them while visiting the Serengeti National Park.

2. Blue Monkeys - Only a little hair on their faces give these monkeys a blue pigment and they are usually found in Central or East Africa. They eat fruits and leaves.

3. African gray parrot - Referred to by some as the smartest bird in the world, African gray parrot can learn hundreds of words and sounds, eats seeds, berries, nuts and fruit, and lives in the central and western parts of Africa.

4. Lemur - A wailing scream, pointed ears and large reflective eyes are characteristics of the lemur, a native to Madagascar.

5. Mandrill - The world’s largest monkey, the mandrill lives in Western Central Africa, Southern Cameroon, Gabon and the Congo. It has a red nose and cheeks that are blue with purple grooves on each side.

6. Pangolin - Pangolins are anteaters with no teeth, long sticky tongues and large scales that transform into a coat of armor for a rolled-up way of protection.

7. Bushbaby - Night monkeys of Africa, bushbabies are also named the galago. They are very small with excellent hearing and vision and feed on insects, fruits, tree gum and smaller animals.

8. Elephant shrew - Officially classified as the Cape elephant shrew, these are not rodents. They have five toes and long noses.

9. Aardvark - Living in dry or wet climates, the nocturnal aardvark is found all over Africa. It has poor eyesight, a long sticky tongue and large powerful claws for digging up termites.

10. Genet - Carnivores that use an odor to mark their territories, genets are nocturnal and found exclusively in Africa.

http://afkinsider.com/2126/10-of-the-strangest-animals-found-in-africa/10/

Thanks to my kind of work, I've seen all these animals live!
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Boll2010: 10:20pm On Sep 05, 2013
Caracta:

You are so right...
mehn only stories tru out my life in hostel neva had a conversatn wit bushbaby nt to talk of fyt#cuz we b d badboys 4 hostel den grin
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by zeedof(m): 10:20pm On Sep 05, 2013
Which one sweet for pepper soup

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Thebrightest(m): 10:20pm On Sep 05, 2013
Just passing by...
__/""""|""""\_____
|__/@\____/@\___|%
AFRICA IS A LOVELY CONTINENT

1 Like

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by psychologist(m): 10:21pm On Sep 05, 2013
Boll2010: Am sure sum part of nigeria vnt sin dis animals,dem go one try kill am jst to knw dia taste.......same tin dey do to Dogs,only if dey cld b eatin d mental ill dogs
bros c wetin ah c

2 Likes

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by badmeat(m): 10:21pm On Sep 05, 2013
The mandril is also found in cross rivers state nigeria!8:

1 Like

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by UjSizzle(f): 10:21pm On Sep 05, 2013
xynerise:
I thought he is a raccoon?

Hello cool
How can u call Julian a racoon?! King Julian..the only dancing Lemur shocked
Do u even watch Penguins of Madagascar?? angry
Racoons ain't got Julian's finesse cool

1 Like

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by kamez(m): 10:21pm On Sep 05, 2013
Guy u need to watch more Nat Geo Wild and Animal Planet... Cos i ve heard about these animals many times
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Boll2010: 10:23pm On Sep 05, 2013
psychologist: bros c wetin ah c
yeeeeh!!! I no fit laf.......are dey accordn to breeds too??
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by UjSizzle(f): 10:25pm On Sep 05, 2013
Caracta:

Lol...school cheesy
Mehn babe they scared the hell outta me in school with Bush Baby stories n their 'sacred' mat. When i saw the darn thing on tv, i was like 'da fuqq' shocked
But those eyes can scare u at night oo

2 Likes

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Boll2010: 10:25pm On Sep 05, 2013
okpara ugo:
And this is your tallest achievement since you were burnt

You must be a rare species...
grin grin who dash am fans.......oga seun,shey nairaland Yeyebrities don dey again!
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by tpia5: 10:26pm On Sep 05, 2013
zeedof: Which one sweet for pepper soup

pangolin.
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 05, 2013
Caracta: Bush baby? At last we meet!

You scared the hell outta me when i was younger (school days). I would cry and hide under the bed for hours. Just look at you ugly thang! Never you try it again!

Sory, u believed lies. That when you swallow orange seeds, they germinate in ur stomach and grow up your head...
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by nickz(m): 10:29pm On Sep 05, 2013
Shocked at not seeing a dugong.....
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 05, 2013
Pangolin is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet oooooo
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by lovelydoll: 10:30pm On Sep 05, 2013
not the strangest
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Boll2010: 10:30pm On Sep 05, 2013
okpara ugo:

Sory, u believed lies. That when you swallow orange seeds, they germinate in ur stomach and grow up your head...
except u no live correct hostel u no go bliv am den
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 05, 2013
tpia@:

pangolin.
respect

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Crocodile Caught & Butchered For Meat In Port Harcourt(photos) / Russia World's Only Floating Nuclear Power Plant Can Power 100000 Nigerian Homes / China's Mission To Mars 2021: Unveils Spacecraft, Vehicles And Mock Base (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.