Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,340 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa (33871 Views)

Animals! Super Animals! / World’s 6 Strangest Animals (and Where To Find Them) / 5 Animals That Actually Never DIE! (2) (3) (4)

10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by dont8(m): 6:33am On Sep 05, 2013
Never heard or seen this animals before, hope they are protected and kept from going into extintion soon.

1. Wildebeests - Also known as the gnu, wildebeests are found on the grassy plains and woodlands of Southern, Central, and Eastern Africa. They are antelopes with hooves and you can find them while visiting the Serengeti National Park.
- Also known as the gnu, wildebeests are found on the grassy plains and woodlands of Southern, Central, and Eastern Africa. They are antelopes with hooves and you can find them while visiting the Serengeti National Park.

2. Blue Monkeys - Only a little hair on their faces give these monkeys a blue pigment and they are usually found in Central or East Africa. They eat fruits and leaves.

3. African gray parrot - Referred to by some as the smartest bird in the world, African gray parrot can learn hundreds of words and sounds, eats seeds, berries, nuts and fruit, and lives in the central and western parts of Africa.

4. Lemur - A wailing scream, pointed ears and large reflective eyes are characteristics of the lemur, a native to Madagascar.

5. Mandrill - The world’s largest monkey, the mandrill lives in Western Central Africa, Southern Cameroon, Gabon and the Congo. It has a red nose and cheeks that are blue with purple grooves on each side.

6. Pangolin - Pangolins are anteaters with no teeth, long sticky tongues and large scales that transform into a coat of armor for a rolled-up way of protection.

7. Bushbaby - Night monkeys of Africa, bushbabies are also named the galago. They are very small with excellent hearing and vision and feed on insects, fruits, tree gum and smaller animals.

8. Elephant shrew - Officially classified as the Cape elephant shrew, these are not rodents. They have five toes and long noses.

9. Aardvark - Living in dry or wet climates, the nocturnal aardvark is found all over Africa. It has poor eyesight, a long sticky tongue and large powerful claws for digging up termites.

10. Genet - Carnivores that use an odor to mark their territories, genets are nocturnal and found exclusively in Africa.

http://afkinsider.com/2126/10-of-the-strangest-animals-found-in-africa/10/

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by UjSizzle(f): 6:56am On Sep 05, 2013
You're no friend of NatGeoWild if you think the Wildebeest, Aadvark, Bush baby, Elephant Shrew, Blue Monkey and Grey Parrot are strange smiley

Lemur........King Julian cool

69 Likes

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by dont8(m): 6:45pm On Sep 05, 2013
I do, but I watch more of wild-life where the beasts eat each other and I don't normally
take interest in their names.
uj_sizzle: You're no friend of NatGeoWild if you think the Wildebeest, Aadvark, Bush baby, Elephant Shrew, Blue Monkey and Grey Parrot are strange smiley

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by xynerise: 7:00pm On Sep 05, 2013
uj_sizzle: You're no friend of NatGeoWild if you think the Wildebeest, Aadvark, Bush baby, Elephant Shrew, Blue Monkey and Grey Parrot are strange smiley

I thought he is a raccoon?

Hello cool

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 05, 2013
Did we evolve from these ones too ?

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Willgates(m): 9:53pm On Sep 05, 2013
k
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by dokunbam(m): 9:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
seriously?
seriously

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
I.Joan:
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
What is strange about them?
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by sundaynice(m): 9:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
I did not see OBJ picture there

18 Likes

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 05, 2013
sunday nice: I did not see OBJ picture there
grin grin grin grin grin

It is there. Look well well
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by apoti(m): 9:58pm On Sep 05, 2013
Sincere 9gerian should be on that list too undecided

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 05, 2013
Obasanjo.

found in Ota Ogun state,retired,and eats eba everyday.plays an important role in Nigeria politics.

42 Likes

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 05, 2013

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 05, 2013

u'r a DSTV addict bro
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 05, 2013
I wonder the strange things about lemurs, Bush babies, pangolins, this dude has forced me to say

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Asemo11(m): 10:04pm On Sep 05, 2013
why is okija juju not in the list na
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
"Everybody loves the king", "stop hugging the feet"

At my age I still love Penguins of Madagascar. grin

25 Likes

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Okworigeorge(m): 10:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
bushBaby is an animal? I was told its a type of witch

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Caracta(f): 10:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
Bush baby? At last we meet!

You scared the hell outta me when i was younger (school days). I would cry and hide under the bed for hours. Just look at you ugly thang! Never you try it again!

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by soloxxng: 10:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
end time tins
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by ArQueBusieR(m): 10:06pm On Sep 05, 2013
These aren't strange.
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Boll2010: 10:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
Am sure sum part of nigeria vnt sin dis animals,dem go one try kill am jst to knw dia taste.......same tin dey do to Dogs,only if dey cld b eatin d mental ill dogs

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Boll2010: 10:08pm On Sep 05, 2013
Caracta: Bush baby? At last we meet!

You scared the hell outta me when i was younger. I would cry and hide under the bed for hours. Just look at you ugly thang! Never you try it again!
do u live close to a bush when u were a kid madam.CARACTA grin

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by chucky234(m): 10:08pm On Sep 05, 2013
I.Joan:
You yes, me and my family no.

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Caracta(f): 10:09pm On Sep 05, 2013
Pangolin...ant eater.

As big and armoured as you are, na only ant you fit chop! Smh... Cover your face!

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 05, 2013
Bleep these animal
Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Lordave: 10:09pm On Sep 05, 2013
See as this guy resemble that Nairaland mod wey ban me today. angry

I no call anybody name o, to avoid prolonging my ban.

Re: 10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa by Boll2010: 10:10pm On Sep 05, 2013
Okworigeorge: bushBaby is an animal? I was told its a type of witch
I guess u attend an hostel cuz dos news plenty when I dey secondary skul bak den

Crocodile Caught & Butchered For Meat In Port Harcourt(photos) / Russia World's Only Floating Nuclear Power Plant Can Power 100000 Nigerian Homes / China's Mission To Mars 2021: Unveils Spacecraft, Vehicles And Mock Base (Pics)