Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties (34263 Views)

Caption This Female Hairstyle / Nigerian Female Celebrities Wearing Native Outfits ( Photos ) / (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 05, 2013
Yield:
lol. I'm pretty sure some guys wouldn't mind.

lol. Why not?

Huh ? And be called a mad woman on the streets. No thank you. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:58pm On Sep 05, 2013
obadiah777: end time tinz
In your low reasoning and craze for this newly found phrase, end time things, you can't decipher this can't be part of what refer to as such. We're talking about the 1960s.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:00pm On Sep 05, 2013
passionate88: eyah, no cry again. Sm still remain for ground. U need to search wit ur eyes open, bt u need to deserve am b4 u fit get am
How? I need answer(s). You may send me a mail.
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:02pm On Sep 05, 2013
olanrewajumi:
how do you know they are pretty..were you able to see there face?
Na only face dem dey take sabi person wey fine.
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by free2ryhme: 5:06pm On Sep 05, 2013
grin
gluv01: Well, thank God I wasn't given birth to in 'those days' grin
u wudn't have stand a chancw in d competition

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by harbibi: 5:09pm On Sep 05, 2013
Yoshi-Master:
I am afraid of looking at some of these hair styles, dont wanna turn to stone.

Medusa tinz!
grin grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 05, 2013
Egba girl: I like the second one. Honestly, I think these styles are very creative. I'm not sure I would rock the first one but they are def creative.

I've tried the first one on my hair a couple of years ago. I told my mom to buy me the threads when she went to Naija. She said it was really hard to find the threads at first because girls there don't do that kinda hairstyle anymore. When I did them, they came out great, I just need to get better at starting them firmer from the roots & tying the knot at the end. I wasn't afraid to wear them out, nope. They didn't stick up like in the picture though, mine fell down on my face and they looked just fine. I loved the way they looked. I still have a bunch of the threads, yay! I'm going to do them again next month. I'm really really excited, lol.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 05, 2013
Natural ko, artificial ni, all the hairstyles are ugly especially the first one. undecided
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by 2ndChance: 5:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
life_style: Better than brazilian hair! cheesy
You took the words from my mouth.
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 05, 2013
Good please bless Brazilian girls for me AMEN grin.
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 05, 2013
kreami diva: I'm making one of them one of these days. Someone needs to re-introduce it. tongue

Meanwhile,all these guys wey dey this thread dey talk anyhow will go after a lady with brazilian hair and call anyone wearing these other hairstyles mgbeke or village girl. If u guys like it,ask your girlfriends to make it make we see wetin go happen kiss

High-five!

lol @ remaining comment.
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by fapcrook(m): 5:23pm On Sep 05, 2013
Lakayanah: The shuku with the cone is so fine I will definitely do it. Some of the styles would be very fashionable for deeper life convention.
Abi soosi deeper life lo nlo ni,,,,,,,in Olamide style
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by abioyeolufemi6: 5:27pm On Sep 05, 2013
ORISIRISI...... NA WON CARRY GEDU NI?
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by teeawaii(f): 5:27pm On Sep 05, 2013
Lol,i can remember d 1st hairdo. Mehn,that thread(kiko)was so friggin painful

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by nmaihat: 5:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
I have noticed that most guys on nairaland are hypocrites. See how they're praising these hairdos to high heaven. If a lady walks by them wearing that hairdo n a not too flattering dress, they call her local. When they want to marry, they go for the 'fake' babes. Ladies do not be deceived all the men commenting here. Their wives, sisters,girlfriends and probably mothers wear Brazilian weaves.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by omiglo: 5:51pm On Sep 05, 2013
i can see that those hairstyles in the sixties are begining to resurface this days
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 05, 2013
ceosville: angry Where are all those girls who are Crazy for Brazilian Hair? See as this Chicks (Sorry, Awa Mama) are looking Pretty! You say you wan look like lion/goat? OYO for Una oh cheesy
. Person wey you no see I'm face,na I'm con pretty. Na wa for ur eyes o
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
I recognize a similar style of the last picture on my mum when she was younger. She confessed they were uterrly uncomfortable to sleep on! grin
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 05, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Na only face. dem dey take sabi person wey fine.
. E sure say stone sef go fine for ur eyes, orisirisi eyan
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by juman(m): 6:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
Oh nigeria!

When we were young we thought nigeria future would be bright. Of course the country has the potential to be great.

But now here we are. We have less than 4,000 MW for more than 170 million people. And everything is upside down.

Ooh ooh. Kai kai kai.
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Moji12(f): 6:20pm On Sep 05, 2013
Na wa ooo,some pple are jus damn hypocrite if someone shd wear dat kind of hair style now,d frst impression will be dat she b SU or d lady is a broke she can't even afford to do a better hair.See wetin she dey carry for head in dis 21st abi na 31st century.To round it up will u even look ma side?will u not call me an Ngbeke,giving dose with brazillian hair all d attention.Abeg make I hear word jare.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Osax2rule: 6:23pm On Sep 05, 2013
scipher: Days when virgins full ground.. you go see omoluabi marry cry
Why are they not available anymore? Who caused it? #ETT

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by free2ryhme: 6:23pm On Sep 05, 2013
juman: Oh nigeria!

When we were young we thought nigeria future would be bright. Of course the country has the potential to be great.

But now here we are. We have less than 4,000 MW for more than 170 million people. And everything is upside down.

Ooh ooh. Kai kai kai.
lamentation chapter 100 verse 100

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 05, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
How I wish those days were here, I really need a virgin.
stalk onila

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Tayeni(m): 6:36pm On Sep 05, 2013
kreami diva: I'm making one of them one of these days. Someone needs to re-introduce it. tongue

Meanwhile,all these guys wey dey this thread dey talk anyhow will go after a lady with brazilian hair and call anyone wearing these other hairstyles mgbeke or village girl. If u guys like it,ask your girlfriends to make it make we see wetin go happen kiss
saw a picture of Chimamanda Adichie's. I liked d hair she was wearing.....very African and natural yet fashionable.....told my lady to make it too........for where!!!
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Osax2rule: 6:37pm On Sep 05, 2013
Moji12: Na wa ooo,some pple are jus damn hypocrite if someone shd wear dat kind of hair style now,d frst impression will be dat she b SU or d lady is a broke she can't even afford to do a better hair.See wetin she dey carry for head in dis 21st abi na 31st century.To round it up will u even look ma side?will u not call me an Ngbeke,giving dose with brazillian hair all d attention.Abeg make I hear word jare.
You spoke the truth jawe sis
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by albiol: 6:55pm On Sep 05, 2013
Maybe if the nigerian girl had have high self esteem and had not gone for foreign hairs and kept their beautiful hair maybe they would have been making money from it now just maybe
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Mavor: 6:55pm On Sep 05, 2013
when will mods start banning people for this statement? It's becoming annoying!!! angry
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by omowaleola(f): 6:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
Hmmmmm............
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by OCcool: 7:01pm On Sep 05, 2013
WELL DAYUMMM
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by Fredgoodlife(m): 7:08pm On Sep 05, 2013
ceosville: angry Where are all those girls who are Crazy for Brazilian Hair? See as this Chicks (Sorry, Awa Mama) are looking Pretty! You say you wan look like lion/goat? OYO for Una oh cheesy
good life or end time ****** embarassed
Re: Nigerian Female Hairstyle In The Sixties by biolabee(m): 7:12pm On Sep 05, 2013
Some of the styles I love; othere I don't

Similar to weaves - some I like others are splat

Why not

kenyattamoore:

would you date a woman with that hairstyle?be honest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet The Queen Of Aso Nigeria 2015 Contestants- Photos / Mr And Miss Nigeria International 2016 Finalist In Their Tradition Attires / Worm-infested Weaves Now In The Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.