Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,849 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

ASUU Strike: Female Students In Kaduna Forced Into Prostitution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Strike: Female Students In Kaduna Forced Into Prostitution (3297 Views)

Fayose Suspends Teachers For Engaging Students In Child Labour(Pics) / Gov. Ambode Addresses Media On The Rescue Of The Three Female Students / Trafficking: How Northerners Are Turning Mecca Into Prostitution N Crime Haven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: Female Students In Kaduna Forced Into Prostitution by BrAkingNews: 2:10pm On Sep 05, 2013
[img]http://www.africanseer.com/thumbnail.php?file=prostitutes_484243548.jpg&size=article_large[/img]

While it can be agreed that the seemingly unending Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) strike is beginning to take a toll on students, the fact that female students in Kaduna are now resorting to prostitution is becoming a source of worry.
Reports have revealed that the number of sex workers in the state has shot up since the
strike action.
The sex workers are mostly seen along Rabah road, Muhammadu Buhari way, Constitution road and Independent road, all in Kaduna metropolis while others have moved into the Obalande area located around Cameroon road where they rent rooms in small hotels for their business.
Other student sex workers were also seen around Gwari avenue road, Barnawa and other hotels in the state capital where they meet their patrons.
According to reports, one of the sex workers revealed that she was in the business to enable her meet her needs till the strike is called off.
Another lady who claimed to be a final year student of one of the federal universities hailed ASUU for the strike.
According to her, “The strike, though will delay my graduation, is helping me gather funds for my upkeep when the strike is finally suspended.”
Another female undergraduate said, “we contribute money to pay for hotel rooms and we sometimes hire the rooms for several weeks to do business.
“Most of us do not have anybody that will take care of us and we even have our younger ones to cater for. So we have to do this business anytime we are on strike or holiday to survive.”
Asked when she intends to stop the business, she said, “anytime the strike is suspended, I will go back to school. But, I hope to stop this business as soon as I get a job after graduation

CLICK HERE FOR MORE CELEBRITY SCANDAL GISTS

CLICK HERE FOR MORE LATEST SHOCKING STORIES
Re: ASUU Strike: Female Students In Kaduna Forced Into Prostitution by Ukonuandrew(m): 2:42pm On Sep 05, 2013
Pleasssss! Stop blaming ASUU strike 4 dis! A prostitute is always a prostitute!
A jobles student dat also hv 2 cater 4 her younger ones, which other way do u hav 2 do dat wen the strike is called off? Wen u contact deadly disease. I wonda wat u wl tel God.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Female Students In Kaduna Forced Into Prostitution by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 05, 2013
They have been prostitutes from their parents' homes. What has ASUU got to do with it. Spare the rod and destroy the child.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: The Former Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Looses Bid In Court. / Results Of Nigeria Celebrities In Their Various Primary Elections / Buhari Will Win In 28 States , Says Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.