Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,661 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? - Computers (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? (22134 Views)

Sending Executable Files Through Gmail / Is Yahoo Mail Down? (Temporary Error 1) / Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Jayboi(m): 6:19am On Sep 08, 2013
Logging into yahoo via mobiles can be so annoying. I stil use yahoo by virtue of it being my first email and cos most peeps get in touch thru it bt ever since i started wit gmail, its been cool. Gmail all d way.
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Jayboi(m): 6:24am On Sep 08, 2013
Logging into yahoo via mobiles can be so annoying. I stil use yahoo by virtue of it being my first email and cos most peeps get in touch thru it bt ever since i started wit gmail, its been cool. Gmail all d way.
Hero10001:

Dude, this shows you are using a 386 desktop computer with a Nitel cable internet connection.
On the other hand, you still surfing the internet on your Nokia 3310??!.
Wake up bro, it's 21's century.
Get a good laptop with 3.5/4G Moderm, you go believe.

OR, you get a smartphone!
BB Curve 2 @ N7.5k will change your story about Ymail.

Yahoo is
The best website in the World.

Most of you guys will never know cos you dealing with uploading/attachments. ONLY!

Yahoo's got it all.. Just name it ??!
It's still the Best e-mail provider ever.

It providing e-mail service in over 500 Languages for users allover the globe.

You'll never know cos it's not meant for dum.b a.ss niggers,

If you don't do Yahoo, you ain't fit for the internet!

I mean no harm.

Oh oh Yahoooo!!
8-)
i dont see aw ur post made any sense. At 21st century. The convinience shud be there. U cant be moving a lappy everywhere u go. Even an ipad has its limit. If u cant access a common mail wit an internet enabled mobile then its no mail.
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by ideecarbasa(m): 8:14am On Sep 08, 2013
Gmail is far better.....A gmail acc can be attached to a microsoft outlook. Bt for Yahoo , you need to be on Yahoo+ b4 you can enjoy that.
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by francisbiz: 9:35am On Sep 08, 2013
We have to give gratitude to yahoo for providing us email services for over a decade now!
But it's a question that has to be answered; Gmail is obviously better than yahoo.
Gmail responds faster in terms of security; when you or a hacker wants to change password for a gmail box, it takes seconds to send a security code to ur for number for further process.
It took yahoo time to even recognize Nigerian phone nos and it delays before even sending a code to ur phone.
Gmail is more Nigerian friendly.
NOTE THAT USERS ARE THE BEST BET TO GIVE RATINGS ON PRODUCTS - OVER 80% SAID GMAIL IS BETTER
SO ITS GMAIL ALL THE WAY.
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Sike(m): 11:11am On Sep 08, 2013
Gmail anytime.
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Anuoluwap(m): 11:25am On Sep 08, 2013
Omo my yahoo mail don turn gobe oh, na error 404 i just dey see since friday. Which way na
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by osadhordy(m): 11:29am On Sep 08, 2013
I don't have access to my yahoomail any longer,am asked to put in my security question and i don't knw what to do.plz what can i do ?
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Anuoluwap(m): 11:35am On Sep 08, 2013
osadhordy: I don't have access to my yahoomail any longer,am asked to put in my security question and i don't knw what to do.plz what can i do ?
use desktop browser to reset your account either by providing your security question or by confirming the number you used on the account or visit their help center to put you through. If problem persists port to Gmail. That's all.
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by osadhordy(m): 11:56am On Sep 08, 2013
Anuoluwap:
use desktop browser to reset your account either by providing your security question or by confirming the number you used on the account or visit their help center to put you through. If problem persists port to Gmail. That's all.
yeah thats what i did,i don port to gmaik

1 Like

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Oredys(m): 2:12pm On Sep 08, 2013
I prefer Gmail. It's user friendly and easy to access. Their products and services are superb!!!
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Hero10001: 2:57pm On Sep 08, 2013
SpicyMimi: Gmail biko!

Yahoo is really useless! You go enter password for like 20times... angry

Gmail all d way!

Kai,

What kinda device are you using
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Hero10001: 3:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
Jayboi: Logging into yahoo via mobiles can be so annoying. I stil use yahoo by virtue of it being my first email and cos most peeps get in touch thru it bt ever since i started wit gmail, its been cool. Gmail all d way.
i dont see aw ur post made any sense. At 21st century. The convinience shud be there. U cant be moving a lappy everywhere u go. Even an ipad has its limit. If u cant access a common mail wit an internet enabled mobile then its no mail.

You should say whatever you wanna say about yahoomail but i insist Yahoo is still the Best ever.

http://teamrio..com/2013/02/comparisons-yahoo-mail-vs-gmail-vs.html

http://webdesignability.com/webmaster-tools/which-is-the-best-free-email/

More to come..
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Hero10001: 3:13pm On Sep 08, 2013
Here are some features to consider before looking at any of the big contenders:
Storage space
Attachment size limit
Ease of use
Organizational tools

Yahoo is the oldest of the two services. A Consumer Search report commended Yahoo’s interface improvements, indicating that the email service is now more user-friendly. Yahoo currently offers unlimited storage space and an attachment size limit of 25 MB. It is easy to integrate Yahoo email with other Yahoo services. Yahoo’s drag-and-drop organization is a favorite among users.
While Gmail is one of the most popular Web-based email services, some users find the interface to be somewhat difficult. According to PCMag.com, the service uses an unusual organization system of labels instead of folders. Storage space with Gmail is limited but continuing to grow, and the service supports an attachment size limit of up to 25 MB. Gmail is easy to integrate with other Google services. Aside from issues with inbox organization, Gmail is generally easy to use and extremely fast.
It is unlikely that the average email user will reach the storage limit set by Gmail, but if space is the biggest concern, Yahoo offer unlimited storage. For users needing to send very large attachments, Outlook.com also offers the largest attachment size limit. For ease of use and a user-friendly interface, Outlook.com is also the leader.

Yahoo, gives Yahoo messenger! awwwwy,a very sweeton there.

Safe.
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by ceaser: 10:23am On Sep 09, 2013
careytommy: Gmail by far!
Yahoo issues: Security, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM
since boys don hack my yahoomail wey I nor fit log in again since 2years ago, I realised the danger of using yahoo mail. Shortly before then, the spam mails coming into my inbox became alarming and I wondered why yahoo will allow all these junks pass thru their security. Thank God I never used the mail for my banking and other businesses. Now with gmail, if the header of an incoming mail sounds suspicious penren, or it does not carry the name of a person, na quarantine straight. Spam mail headaches has become a thing of the past with gmail.
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by suzzyy(f): 10:34am On Sep 09, 2013
I prefer gmail cos it's faster

1 Like

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Hero10001: 6:50pm On Sep 10, 2013
Jayboi: Logging into yahoo via mobiles can be so annoying. I stil use yahoo by virtue of it being my first email and cos most peeps get in touch thru it bt ever since i started wit gmail, its been cool. Gmail all d way.
Are you a learner?!
Oya, read my comment again.

I mention a Blackberry device..

This is what you get(yahoo-phobia) when your surfing on TECNO.
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 6:19am On Mar 04, 2015
Gmail is one of the Google service that enable users to send and receive mails from friends, family and business partners. Create your free account from here http://www.edumacro.com/www-gmail-com-sign-new-account-gmail-registartion/

Gmail registration on www.gmail.com is very simple learn from here e http://www.edumacro.com/www-gmail-com-sign-new-account-gmail-registration/
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by babafunny(m): 2:12pm On Sep 23, 2015
Gmail now Supports Yahoo, Outlook and other IMAP/POP email Have you ever imagine having a unified inbox that will have the capacity to handle all you email activities and save you the stress of handling... for more details, follow the link below
http://www.techvaid.com/gmail-supports-yahoo-outlook-imappop-email/
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by babafunny(m): 6:59am On Dec 29, 2015
Undo Send: After a long work in the lab, Gmail perhaps now bring on board a wonderful feature that will blow your mind. This one feature has been a topic
For more details, follow the link below...
http://www.techvaid.com/undo-send-emails-gmail-now-allows-you-undo-send-emails-you-intend-not-to-send/
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Feb 08, 2017
You definitely must have heard of Gmail, Yahoomail but certainly not Comcast email because it's not popular here in Nigeria. Thousands and millions of searches are conducted on daily and monthly basis respectively about comcast email. Comcast email which is now Xfinity email is best for broadcasting email insted of sending mail one after the other. Do well to check my post on to sign up and Login Comcast email.
Click here:
Comcast email Login

1 Like

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by ultrazone(m): 8:58pm On Jun 21, 2018
jjk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Broadband Internet Services in Nigeria / See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade / What Laptop Type And Specs Would Be Suitable For This Purpose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.