Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM (7883 Views)

We Will Shock APC In South West – PDP / Soludo Joins PDM (Peoples Democratic Movement) / PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by karlmax2: 12:39am On Sep 06, 2013
5 S/West PDP Chairmen Seek CourtOrder To Unregister PDM

Posted by: Channels Television

Posted date: September 05, 2013
The crisis rocking the PDP took another turn today as five State Chairmen of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in the South-West asked the Federal High Court in Abuja to order the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to cancel the registration of the newly registered Peoples’ Democratic Movement (PDM).

The state Chairmen of the PDP in Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun and Oyo states want the court to determine whether by the combined effect of section 224 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended, paragraph 15 of the 3rd schedule to the constitution and section 78 (5) & (7) of the Electoral act 2010, INEC can validly register PDM as a political party when the patent purpose for which such registration was sought was to destabilize the PDP.

The politicians also want the court to determine whether by the combined effect of paragraph 15 of the 3rd schedule to the Constitution, section 86 of the Electoral Act 2010 and Article 16(1) of the Constitution of the PDP, INEC can accord any recognition to Alhaji Kawu Baraje and Chief Olagunsoye Oyinlola as national officers of the PDP, especially when they are at the same time promoters of PDM which seeks only to facilitate the dismemberment of the PDP to populate the PDM.

The applicants are therefore seeking a declaration of the court that the only purpose for which PDM was set up is to destabilize the PDP and thereby cause fractionalisation, disunity and disharmony in the party.

The applicants further urged the court for a perpetual injunction restraining PDM from continuing to parade themselves as leaders or national officers of the PDP.

In a 33 paragraph affidavit in support of the suit, deposed to by the Ogun State Chairman of the PDP, Adebayo Dayo, the applicants claimed that no public notice of the application as a political party by the PDM of INEC’s intention to register the party was given.

They also stated that the PDM as a known political association has no offices in the 36 states of the federation as required by the constitution and has no members known to the public or to INEC apart from some card carrying members of the PDP.

The applicants also averred that the tenure of Baraje as acting national chairman expired on March 2011 and that Oyinlola was removed as the National secretary of the PDP by a court judgment on the 11th of January 2013.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/09/05/5-swest-pdp-chairmen-seek-court-order-to-unregister-pdm/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like

Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by Donsammi(m): 9:56am On Sep 06, 2013
thanK GOD FOR THIS DAY grin I NOR READ AM BUT I COMMENT
Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by optimusprime2(m): 9:56am On Sep 06, 2013
Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap mheeeeeeeeeeen!
I cant believe today that I actually wanted to do the "I first Una" thing, I came in second... Anyway, *clears throat*
#tears in my eyes#
I'm sooo grateful to God almighty- kai Baba God noni, my Galaxy S.III for disgracing all the Gionee's & Tecno's I had to deal with to be the 2nd, my sincere gratitude to Seun & Nairaland for eliminating boredom basically, my 2011 Honda Accord parked outside for the Swaggs I rep, Sexkillz for not Banning me prematurely despite some of my posts, I acknowledge cheif Yuzedo sweetus oyoyo for just approving my Banana iceland manshun and a Reeta Domeenick look alike Chic with fyne Hazz and swit brez, my sincere appreciation to Justwise he has made the travel section highly informative and errrrh competitive my numerous posts have been hidden- oh well, my love to the Endtime team you guys are making it rock, I wont forget the Garri team so quickly I miss y'all too but #teamendtime rules, I appreciate the guy above me for using an I-phone5 that beat my S III(I wont hate), I appreciate my bed cuz I just woke up and I'm soooooo Idle and bored but at least I'm comfortable, to the Super Eagles cuz I know they'll thrash Malawi's butts tomorow, to etisalat for this amazing speed, my thanks to Lufthansa for the cheap economy ticket I just booked to run away from this Idleness in Naija soon.
now to the above topic; Nigerian politics is more or less like a soap opera, too much drama... PDP as a party has different factions, dont even know who's still on the same side in the same team.
Please click like after reading, it took pains and patience to arrive here, but as you click like your turn go come thank you.

17 Likes

Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by 1bunne4lif(m): 9:57am On Sep 06, 2013
Ok na. Can't believe i made it third. Dancing azonto
Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by AnodaIT(m): 9:57am On Sep 06, 2013
It is only in Nigeria that people form political parties without any ideologies that will outlive them. They form just to attain their selfish interest in struggling for power.

What are they promising that they could not do when they were in PDP. This is including the PDP renegade members in APC
Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by BlackPeni5: 9:58am On Sep 06, 2013
Useless Nigerian Politicians...I mean all of them.

Whether its PDP, ACN, APC, APGA, CPC, PDM or 419.

3 Likes

Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by Donsammi(m): 9:59am On Sep 06, 2013
optimus-prime1:
TRY UR LUCK NEXT TIME
Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 06, 2013
pdm
must fall, baraje(spoil body) pdp faction must fall and they must all
be jail for contempt and impunity to the laws of the land.
well, third to air my view is not bad sha, am getting there. thanks to
my phone that gives me nairaland front page alert! o boy, i have to modify o! guys have taken me to an unknown position. i hope am ok? well it is my 5 seconds madness, cure my craze o lord!
Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by gen2briz(m): 10:05am On Sep 06, 2013
Some can browse but have no phone, some have phone but can not browse,I have phone and I can browse (even nairalanding).......All I have to say is thank you God.

@op all na ETT (END TIME TINZ)

1 Like

Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by ollyboy900(m): 10:06am On Sep 06, 2013
The post said "They seek". Let's see what comes out of this, but I think anyone has the right to join any Party he wants. Southwest PDP is just feeling the heat!
Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by abatajjvii: 10:08am On Sep 06, 2013
undecided
Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by kzokul(m): 10:12am On Sep 06, 2013
Lol! Obasanjo must have miscalculated as atiku is about to hijack the faction he created. Obasanjo's nemesis will be if this pdp faction metarmorphose into PDM. Hmmmmm! The lesser evel between Gej and atiku to obasanjo is Gej that is why he is doing everything within his power to bring back the pdp faction to Gej. Now he has sent his southwest pdp boys to go unregister pdm in court before its too late. Baba now have between atiku and Gej to choose whom to work with. Let the battle continue.

1 Like

Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by samuelfemo(m): 10:13am On Sep 06, 2013
Let this failure party keep quite
Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by dridowu: 10:25am On Sep 06, 2013
Thank God INEC have is legal department . Pdp scared of apc, now scared of pdm , honestly pdp get problem
Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 06, 2013
Joblessness is not good. Its like all politicians are jobless. Where do they get time to run around doing all these.
Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by RoyalRoy(m): 10:43am On Sep 06, 2013
See the first 6 comments!! Smh
Anyway, someone is taking up your case!!

debrief08: Dear Federal Government and ASUU, na God I dey take beg una, please call off this strike.

Hian, if I see anymore
"He didn't answer my pings and I want to murder him".
Do prostitut3s use Lubricants?"
Foolish threads like this one again, I will go and stand in front of the National Assembly nak3D till you call off this strike.
Thank you!
Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by RoyalRoy(m): 10:45am On Sep 06, 2013
Foolish puppets all over the political landscape of Nigeria!!

How can you categorically state that some people floated a party to distabilise yours!!

Was Atiku & Baraje's name on the board of trustees? Did they state in their memorandum of association that the aim to destabilise
PDP ?

Foo!s are really coming to limelight in Nigeria!!

Mumudom......Mumu leaders & Mumu followers!
Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by tomakint: 10:55am On Sep 06, 2013
dridowu: Thank God INEC have is legal department . Pdp scared of apc, now scared of pdm , honestly pdp get problem
Wake up from your deep slumber, smell the coffee, prink yourself up PDP = APC = PDM, the only difference is the alphabet.

3 Likes

Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by Bright2(m): 10:57am On Sep 06, 2013
Abeg wait, Oga Imo give me one bottle of palm wine i want comment.
Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by jamace(m): 11:00am On Sep 06, 2013
Kai, Nigeria is very kind to criminals, parading themselves as politicians. With Nigeria's alignment with China for economic deals, how I wish China can also borrow us her heart (for only one year) to deal with corrupt Nigerian leaders their way.

It really pains me seeing these crooks parading themselves as elites and leaders of Nigeria. sad angry
Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by rashy(m): 11:01am On Sep 06, 2013
optimus-prime1:
Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap mheeeeeeeeeeen!
I cant believe today that I actually wanted to do the "I first Una" thing and I came in second... Anyway, *clears throat*
#tears in my eyes#
I'm sooo grateful to God almighty- kai Baba God noni, my Galaxy S.III for disgracing all the Gionee's & Tecno's I had to deal with to be the 2nd, Seun & Nairaland, my 2011 Honda Accord outside for the Swaggs I rep, Sexkillz for not Banning me prematurely despite some of my posts, I acknowledge Yuzedo for just approving my Banana iceland manshun and a Reeta Domeenick look alike Chic with fyne Hazz and swit brez, my sincere appreciation to Justwise he has made the travel section highly informative and errrrh competitive my numerous posts have been hidden- oh well, my love to the Endtime team you guys are making it rock, I wont forget the Garri team so quickly I miss y'all too, I appreciate the guy above me for using an I-phone5 that beat my S III(I wont hate), I appreciate my bed cuz I just woke up and I'm soooooo Idle and bored but at least I'm comfortable, to the Super Eagles cuz I know they'll thrash Malawi's butts tomorow, to etisalat for this amazing speed, my thanks to Lufthansa for the cheap ticket I just booked to run away from this Idleness soon.
now to the above topic; Nigerian politics is more or less like a soap opera, too much drama... PDP as a party has different factions, dont even know who's still on the same side in the same team.

Hmmm! Ur achievements are noted. Buh I won't just like ur post. tongue #noHating
@OP....Dear God, if confusion and crisis are the 'tools' You will use to scatter PDP; pls make this fight last till eternity so dat credible people can rule Nigeria; so that you can restore the Joy, Love, Peace and Hapiness in the country. So dat at least, my cousin that hate naija much can come home to visit me sad Amen Amen and Amen!

1 Like

Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 06, 2013
This is really critical, Baraje cannot be an officer in PDP and PDM at the same time.
If you take down PDM, PDP can swing its hammer on the dissidents without any risk.
Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by RoyalRoy(m): 11:23am On Sep 06, 2013
tomakint:
Wake up from your deep slumber, smell the coffee, prink yourself up PDP = APC = PDM, the only difference is the alphabet.

Hahaha....this coming from Tomakint?

You don throw in the towel?
Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 06, 2013
abeg garri and Pepsi dey kill?
Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by Easy1401(m): 11:40am On Sep 06, 2013
APC, PDP, PDM are party of criminals, selfish peoples, fraudster, ex-convict that has nothing to offer Nigerians than their own selfish intrest.
Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by adultdesigner: 11:54am On Sep 06, 2013
am very very sorry to my lovely country nigeria,i believe that God will remenber you one day,you have sufferd alot.its well..
Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by ckkris: 12:16pm On Sep 06, 2013
kzokul: Lol! Obasanjo must have miscalculated as atiku is about to hijack the faction he created. Obasanjo's nemesis will be if this pdp faction metarmorphose into PDM. Hmmmmm! The lesser evel between Gej and atiku to obasanjo is Gej that is why he is doing everything within his power to bring back the pdp faction to Gej. Now he has sent his southwest pdp boys to go unregister pdm in court before its too late. Baba now have between atiku and Gej to choose whom to work with. Let the battle continue.
Obasanjo wey Biafra knack bullet for him bum bum as he was cowardly running away from battlefield. Obasanjo is so unreliable that Nzogwu concealed the first coups from him, and he never participated in any successful coups. Now Obasanjo's political coups has failed. But President Jonathan will still give him a soft landing.
Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by taharqa: 12:18pm On Sep 06, 2013
Black Peni5: Useless Nigerian Politicians...I mean all of them.

Whether its PDP, ACN, APC, APGA, CPC, PDM or 419.
I endorse this...
Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by PosCaricature: 12:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
What concern the Cowards if not for the fact that they perceived unavoidable defeat by the PDM. Stupid rogues!
Re: 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM by azimibraun: 1:22pm On Sep 06, 2013
2 TINS INVOLVED TINS.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Press Statement By President Buhari During His Visit To The United States / Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up / Refineries Lost N132bn In 2018, Says NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.