Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger (9433 Views)

APC-Merger: ANPP Members Call For Suspension / All Progressive Congress (APC) Party: ANPP, CPC, ACN And APGA Finally Merged / Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by Trut(m): 8:55am On Sep 06, 2013
The All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) and the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) in Anambra State have pulled out of the All Progressive Congress (APC) merger ahead of November 16 governorship election in the state.

Mr Mike Igwilo, State Secretary of defunct ANPP, made this known to newsmen in Awka on Thursday.

Igwilo said the party was pulling out because it was not consulted in all the activities leading to the merger and the recent primaries in the state that produced Sen. Chris Ngige as the flag bearer.

"We are marginalised in the party and not carried along. For this reason, we find it difficult to explain the merger to our supporters who now float like sheep without shepherd,” he said.

Igwilo said that ANPP would make public its next plan of action before the end of September.

At a separate news conference, Mr Chuba Ikeagwu, the state Chairman of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) told newsmen that the party had joined the newly formed People's Democratic Movement (PDM).

He said the APC did not give a level playing ground for other merging political parties to compete for the governorship ticket in the primaries alleging that only the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) controlled the party machinery in the state.

"There is no equity in the sharing of positions, ACN dominated and took everything," Ikeagwu alleged.

Source: http://news.ng.msn.com/national-news/anpp-cpc-in-anambra-pull-out-of-apc-merger

2 Likes

Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by segzyj(m): 9:08am On Sep 06, 2013
Act One Scene One

4 Likes

Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by Trut(m): 9:19am On Sep 06, 2013
I knew that one party interest will be above the others, and that's what is happening now.
Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by momodub: 9:37am On Sep 06, 2013
winkwuru wuru don start oooo

2 Likes

Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by davades(m): 9:38am On Sep 06, 2013
Well...
Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by abatajjvii: 9:38am On Sep 06, 2013
[color=#550000]animals can live together without any quarrel ;and just a man can lead thousands of cattle

but we humans

ok ooooooo

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/color
]
Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by haulagehandlers(m): 9:40am On Sep 06, 2013
In life big fish wd always swallow the smaller ones

1 Like

Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by kennyonthrone(m): 9:40am On Sep 06, 2013
R
Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by aminho(m): 9:40am On Sep 06, 2013
Edon dey happen

1 Like

Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by Oziddy: 9:40am On Sep 06, 2013
keke pls drop me here let me ease myself, den frm dia i go check weda dis Anambra woman don cook her cocoyam soup finish.

1 Like

Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 06, 2013
now the the newborn parry has started crumbling from it's root

thats k
Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by tokunbobo(m): 9:41am On Sep 06, 2013
I foresaw this kind of a thing after the formation of APC. Unless APC truly adopt a genuine level playing ground for internal politics and not just mediocrity, they will begin to have problems like the PDP.
Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by haulagehandlers(m): 9:42am On Sep 06, 2013
abatajjvii: [color=#550000]animals can live together without any quarrel ;and just a man can lead thousands of cattle

which ones like tiger and antelope? shocked

but we humans

ok ooooooo

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/color
]
Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by Davo93(m): 9:43am On Sep 06, 2013
tip of the iceberg... undecided
Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by Antivirus92(m): 9:44am On Sep 06, 2013
When u bring cobra,anaconda and mamba together. This is what u see. A party whose main aim is the not the people's welfare but to take over power from pdp.

1 Like

Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by Lordave: 9:44am On Sep 06, 2013
What goes round comes round.

Let me see how Agbero People's Confraternity (APC) chairman, Tinubu, deals with this one.

7 Likes

Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by dridowu: 9:45am On Sep 06, 2013
Story story oooooooooo, APC still stand in Anambra, if they like make dy bury dmsef with pdm, na their wahala

2 Likes

Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by oneeast3: 9:46am On Sep 06, 2013
Ngige should better respect himself and quit this election. He will receive the greatest shock of his life.
Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by Gregdcutie(m): 9:47am On Sep 06, 2013
segzyj: Act One Scene One
na serious drama indeed

1 Like

Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 06, 2013
Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by Gregdcutie(m): 10:01am On Sep 06, 2013
Umm am confused much, how can CPC in anambra move out of the merger when the national leadership of the party says otherwise. For Apga we know its just okorocha pulling out of the party and joining the merger that one we know buh this leaves me confused AGAIN for Nigeria
Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 06, 2013
Politricks.
Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by macrosense: 10:06am On Sep 06, 2013
whether they join BBM or PPC. na Ngige be Anambra governor. sorry for all those Adaobi has been paying to say rubbish even on nairaland tongue

3 Likes

Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by playcharles(m): 10:08am On Sep 06, 2013
i really dont like the APC with their aim, to take over Power frm PDP .....what about the people sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 10:10am On Sep 06, 2013
Abeg, IMO, this has nothing to do with level playing field or whatever. I'm part Igbo so I know how my people behave. this happened because the favoured candidates from the CPC and ANPP in Anambra state failed to win the primaries. which wasn't strange because even non indigenes of the state knew that Ngige would win the APC primaries by a mile, being the most sellable candidate available. feeling aggrieved that their favorites didn't win, both the cPC and aNPP are pulling out to either try their luck on their own or in conjunction with another lesser known party (bad idea), or to force the APC party leadership to offer them some sort of assured position in government should the APC winth gubernatorial election before they return to the fold. of course, this is not the full picture but I'm quite sure I'm right on the money.

it is politics. interests come first.

4 Likes

Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by 3lovesu(m): 10:11am On Sep 06, 2013
Different ideologies, but one aim... POWER....TELL ME HOW THEY CAN EVER STICK TOGETHER.

Seriously if they succeed, na End Time Things...8-)
Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by Bright2(m): 10:21am On Sep 06, 2013
Is Bamanga Takur there?

2 Likes

Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by Gregdcutie(m): 10:24am On Sep 06, 2013
3lovesu: Different ideologies, but one aim... POWER....TELL ME HOW THEY CAN EVER STICK TOGETHER.

Seriously if they succeed, na End Time Things...8-)
and in the end like #BBA votes that could have made some party outsed become shared leaving the same "hated party" ruling but in this case being elected
Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by gleaf: 10:42am On Sep 06, 2013
The truth is that, Ngige and his co-travellers are just looking for a platform to get into [power after which they will dump this corporate organisation they call a political Party , there is no democracy in that group called APC so i wonder how they (ANPP AND OTHERS) expeected to get it in state levels when the national body is been run like a family business.
Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by Orikinla(m): 11:11am On Sep 06, 2013
Money has been shared and exchanged hands.

1 Like

Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by Noneroone(m): 11:16am On Sep 06, 2013
Just look at the source.
Re: ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger by HOTWATER(m): 11:23am On Sep 06, 2013
Where is Tinubu ? I have not heard from him in a while now and it appears APC is just stationary for now ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Abuja Civil Servant Who Paid N60m Tithe To Redeemed Church (2014) / Buhari, APC Govs Meet Over National Convention / Actual Cost Of Petrol Is N39.50 Per Litre – Coalition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.