Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,956 members, 7,825,004 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open (4035 Views)

Incredible Recovery Of The Nigerian 'witch Child' Who Was Left For Dead / Girl In Abuja Cannot Locate Her Home & Parents(Pics) / How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by misspetite(f): 9:23am On Sep 06, 2013
Wow! A 2 year old girl Louise Hilton walked half a mile(15 mins walk) to her home after the doorman at her nursery school left the door open.
According to reports, that was her 2nd day in that school as the walked to-and -fro school on the first day with her mum. Her mother Miss O’Connor, 26, took Louise on the 15-minute walk to Windmill Hill Nursery near their home in Runcorn, Cheshire, for the first time on Monday and again on Wednesday.

Despite busy roads, a roundabout, two subways and woods and a canal, the toddler made her way back from the privately run nursery.No one noticed she had gone and no passer-by intervened even though her route took her past a busy pub.
On arriving home, she announced to her astonished mother Samantha O’Connor:
‘I have walked home on my own – aren’t I a big girl?’

Yesterday her father John Hilton, 30, said:
‘It is frightening to think what might have happened had the wrong person seen her.
‘There is a canal 50 yards from the house and she always tries to jump in and feed the ducks but cannot swim.It’s so shocking that they cannot even notice she’s gone. Anything could have happened.’At 2pm, there was a knock at the door We were stunned to see our little Louise standing there,’ She was banging on the door shouting “Mummy, Mummy, I’m home!” Anything could have happened to her.’
Louise is believed to have slipped through a fire door left open by workmen and then security gates after being allowed to go to the toilet by herself.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-H4DiNLDj8rE/Uil1Ie_dT_I/AAAAAAAAnEI/Ajv37oN8ky8/s640/wowarticle-212605-1BA458A2000005DC-591_634x894.jpg[/img]
Dailymail
http://misspetitenigeria..com/2013/09/shock-as-2yr-old-toddler-walked-out-of.html[url][/url]
Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by femiero: 9:43am On Sep 06, 2013
Geeez! Somebody is going to loose his job. And she's a very smart baby though. ETT

1 Like

Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by Juell(m): 11:38am On Sep 06, 2013
Wow!
Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by gluv01(f): 12:15pm On Sep 06, 2013
Smart gurl! She already had the image of the route registered in her mind..
Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by blank(f): 1:02pm On Sep 06, 2013
My youngest brother did same when he was 3years old. He was lucky and my parents saw him on the way to pick us up. When they arrived at the school, they saw me and my brother in tears as we searched for our baby brother holding his school bag. That was a good 30mins walk.

That day was really terrible.

3 Likes

Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by sexyglow(f): 1:07pm On Sep 06, 2013
Lol @ ‘I have walked home on my own – aren’t I a big girl?’ smart kid indeed ~

2 Likes

Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by fr3do(m): 1:40pm On Sep 06, 2013
Lawsuit tins
Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by luvablesam(m): 2:03pm On Sep 06, 2013
Hmmm.kids need constant attention .one minute loss of attention from a guardian could spell disaster for parents. Cute kid by the way

1 Like

Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by Bkrubzy(m): 2:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
Wid d wae m seein it,d grl myt bcom a genius
Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by mysticgal(f): 2:21pm On Sep 06, 2013
aren't i a big girlgrin

1 Like

Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by Agbgift(f): 2:58pm On Sep 06, 2013
You are a Big girl jawe. Smart girl.

1 Like

Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by crystalballs: 2:59pm On Sep 06, 2013
This world aint got kids anymore....

Things are moving way too fast.

1 Like

Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by Chillext(m): 2:59pm On Sep 06, 2013
Signs of end time

2 Likes

Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by resdan(m): 3:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
£nd time tinx...am i on front page?#tounge out#
Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
Hmm
Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by nasonaso: 3:02pm On Sep 06, 2013
am so happy i was ................................ wats the topic self

oga at the top is my frend
Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by Egbagirl(f): 3:03pm On Sep 06, 2013
I remember the time it happened to my brother. I was to have picked him up but I I was running late and as I was driving to his school, I saw him walking home already. I was like shocked shocked I felt terrible and still do. Smh.
Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by JohnFrankling(m): 3:03pm On Sep 06, 2013
ThankGod for her, I pray the school take extra care of this girl, the story may not be the same next time
Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 06, 2013
shocked cool
Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by abatajjvii: 3:05pm On Sep 06, 2013
can you imagine
Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by demmy55(m): 3:05pm On Sep 06, 2013
Kidnapping tinz
cool
Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by nenergy(m): 3:06pm On Sep 06, 2013
The baby is awesome and the gate-keeper awful. But the main concern is that 'THE WORLD' didn't notice a 2-year old walking alone during school hours. Where is the love?
Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by resdan(m): 3:06pm On Sep 06, 2013
[quote author=nasonaso]am so happy i was ................................ wats the topic self

do u mean u need glasses?
Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by dare352(m): 3:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
God save her because na ETT well so smart
Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by Afam4eva(m): 3:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
Reminds me of
Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by Asemo11(m): 3:12pm On Sep 06, 2013
Time of ending tins ( No be new tin ₪a̶̲̥̅̊ when I day her age I don day G̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ call guls F̶̲̅õ̳͡я̅ М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ bros
Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by blackmann(m): 3:24pm On Sep 06, 2013
What is it with all these "end time things" comments sef? It's rather annoying.
Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by Tawis06(m): 3:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
Awwwww

cute baby
Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by Shekson(m): 3:54pm On Sep 06, 2013
Incredulous.
Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
if na naija gbomo gbomo go don do their job sharply

1 Like

Re: Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open by JbravoAdodger(m): 4:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
Small pikin like her don tire for school already.. Louise ur on a loooooooooooooooooong tin!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Selling This Beauty, Take a peep! / My children will not start school until 4 or 5 years old / What Will You Do, If You Saw This On Your Television ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.