Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,754 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom (3904 Views)

Land Issue.. Pls Help / Should I End The The Relationship? / Advice Needed On Delicate Friends Issue Pls Its Urgent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by fabiyi78(m): 9:11pm On Oct 06, 2016
Gud day aos a friend of my belongs to genotypes AS but his fiance was AA as at d time she conducted d test last five year, with a private lab, since d genotyp was matched d agree to married each oda. This year d av done thier intro prepared to get maried next year January. Some thing came up and she was asked to undergo some medical test. She did d genotpye and she was told is As, she disagree with the test n further to general hospital and she wad told d same as As. Now she has taken in, pls ur advise is needed.
Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by Dyt(f): 9:19pm On Oct 06, 2016
She should go see a doc
There's some test they take to know the genotype of the baby
I think it's costs like 150k
Not sure
If it's ss
They will abort

AS can marry AS if they have money for tests which costs about 150k*not sure* and chromosomes exchange*not sure if I am correct * that costs much too
It's like ivf *from 800k*
And if they don't want kids of theirs just adoption

But if they can't afford to spend on tests and all these?
They better make use of brain and let go of everything
Cos when it starts
They will wish they never had SS child

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by finalboss1(m): 9:23pm On Oct 06, 2016
hmm genotype change ? shocked shocked na mutant
Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by afanide: 9:24pm On Oct 06, 2016
If your faith can carry, why not?

Go ahead. I have witnessed endless testimonies with Medical proofs at Salvation Ministries with this same Issue. [SS turning AA]

2 Likes

Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by Dyt(f): 9:31pm On Oct 06, 2016
afanide:

Go ahead. I have witnessed endless testimonies with Medical proofs at Salvation Ministries with this same Issue. [SS turning AA]

Don't mind this poster ooo
They want to make you test God

I really pity you that even God will ask you why you tested HIM

Maybe you need a day visit to the sickle cell clinic first
By then reality will shine in your eyes like star

5 Likes

Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by Topestbilly(m): 9:57pm On Oct 06, 2016
It's better to call it off now than later... don't mind dis born again people ooo
Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by HARDDON: 10:54pm On Oct 06, 2016
With a lil bee sting, the sweetness of the honey is soon forgotten.

Go figure

1 Like

Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by thorpido(m): 11:00pm On Oct 06, 2016
They always put the cart before the horse. angry
Whatever they do,one thing I'll tell you is,it's really challenging raising an SS child.

1 Like

Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by afanide: 11:20pm On Oct 06, 2016
Dyt:

Don't mind this poster ooo They want to make you test God
I really pity you that even God will ask you why you tested HIM
Maybe you need a day visit to the sickle cell clinic first By then reality will shine in your eyes like star

Ok o..... I was only sharing anyway....
Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by goodies247(f): 11:29pm On Oct 06, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]
Relax ma'am ur child may be AA it is the hand work of God
Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by sainty2k3(m): 12:09am On Oct 07, 2016
Dyt:
She should go see a doc
Not sure
If it's ss
They will abort

AS can marry AS if they have money for tests which costs about 150k*not sure* and chromosomes exchange*not sure if I am correct * that costs much too

Cos when it starts

Hmm. Good advice for informational purpose. U talked about testing the fetus. This service is not accessible everywhere in Nigeria,only few centers has the expertise.even if he can access it here in Lagos or abj. Do you know the pain in the heart of couple who have to abort a 'wanted' pregnancy when they are not even sure of when the next will come or if that too will need to be aborted,i have heard the case of a couple who aborted 6times before the wife later got to know that the man has a baby outside wedlock .
U talked about preconceptional diagnosis and Ivf .even if he have the 800k. Ivf might not work out until May be the 2nd ,3rd attempt or even more. I know someone who has gone to US for ivf more that twice after some failed attempt in Nigeria.
This options are there but difficult to practice.
The lady is pregnant already if they have money they can take the first option and terminate if the fetus is hbss and not viable yet,then part ways . But if not ss. They can make their choice damning the consequences of subsequent pregnancy
Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by Nobody: 1:04am On Oct 07, 2016
Dyt:
She should go see a doc
Not sure
If it's ss
They will abort

Cos when it starts

The love they had will even die out, this is what happened in my relationship, luckily for us, found out we were both AS, mehn that day was the worst because that was the babe i had set my mind on settling down with.
Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by ABEngine(m): 1:12am On Oct 07, 2016
If you sincerely desire a honest input I would advise they part ways.

Get me right, you don't have to mortgage the health of the unborn for the sake of love and faith. This issue is not one to gamble with even if you can handle the costs associated therein.

If conclusive tests have found both partners to be carriers then such a union is not a worthwhile venture.

I am speaking from the point of view of one sympathetic to the sickle cell cause and having lost one at infancy whilst having another still living is similar to walking blind on mine fields.

They both have to understand this quite clearly if they choose to continue with the relationship. It is not a matter of chromosomes, infact it's not an equivalent of selecting the sex of the child.

I can't express the trauma we all go through during a bout of crisis, you don't even need to imagine how difficult it is to obtain screened blood or donors nor the pains accompanying the body's readjustment to a successful transfusion.

I warn sternly about this. God can do all things but kindly don't tempt Him.

1 Like

Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by Joygalore(f): 3:06am On Oct 07, 2016
Thou shall not test the Lord thy God
afanide:

Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by Nobody: 6:23am On Oct 07, 2016
afanide:

That's a terrible advice to give

5 Likes

Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by Esetim(f): 3:49pm On Oct 07, 2016
ABEngine:
If you sincerely desire a honest input I would advise they part ways.

Get me right, you don't have to mortgage the health of the unborn for the sake of love and faith. This issue is not one to gamble with even if you can handle the costs associated therein.

If conclusive tests have found both partners to be carriers then such a union is not a worthwhile venture.

I am speaking from the point of view of one sympathetic to the sickle cell cause and having lost one at infancy whilst having another still living is similar to walking blind on mine fields.

They both have to understand this quite clearly if they choose to continue with the relationship. It is not a matter of chromosomes, infact it's not an equivalent of selecting the sex of the child.

I can't express the trauma we all go through during a bout of crisis, you don't even need to imagine how difficult it is to obtain screened blood or donors nor the pains accompanying the body's readjustment to a successful transfusion.

I warn sternly about this. God can do all things but kindly don't tempt Him.

Op pls take this advice. You do not want a sickle cell child. The trauma you will pass through is heart wrenching, as you will keep seeing your child in pain.
The child may end up blaming you for everything.
SS is NOT funny. Don't be blinded by love.

Let's not even start with things that could go wrong from having continuous blood transfusions.
Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by chorlay: 7:44pm On Oct 07, 2016
who know some things about CC genotype ?
Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by fabiyi78(m): 7:56pm On Oct 07, 2016
[How genuie is the test to determine d genotype of unborn baby and can it be done in nigeria quote author=Dyt post=49979883]She should go see a doc
Not sure
If it's ss
They will abort

Cos when it starts
[/quote]
Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by nurey(m): 3:16pm On Oct 08, 2016
I don't normally advice about genotype but let me give you the situation of things from my end.

My sister is SS and we didn't know until she was 24years old she had an acute malaria disease that affected her bones. It wasn't funny the day it happened I was virtually woken up around 12 to 1 midnight that my sister couldn't sleep she was virtually crying with pains and my mum was damn worried I just had to drive out that night to the hospital. It was there a test was done to determine her genotype as SS, we couldn't believe it. Now she is married with 2 kids who are also SS.

THE children are healthy but they also develop pains in arms or legs emanating from the bone but my other sister who is a medical doctor says it can be managed and they normally give the children penicillin.

When this children start their sickness which occurs once in a blue moon. You will think my sister has AIDS, it affects her and she becomes lean but the whole family supports her and that doesn't get to her.

I won't advice the union of AS + AS AND AS + SS OR SS + SS in the early stage, but once they have gone far just like yours, stay on board and hope for the best.

For me I can marry SS since I already have experience handling the situation

1 Like

Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by simiolu1(m): 5:39pm On Oct 08, 2016
I am SC. Was diagnosed in school during my medicals. I have promised myself never to marry a woman that is AS, SS, AC or even CC. I know the things that happened to my Dad and Mum's marriage before I was born--3 dead children (called abiku in those days) and then separation shortly after I was born.

Please I beg of you Op, end it now. Don't play dice with future conceptions. As for the conceived baby, I never advise people to abort (personal opinion). As others have advised, you can determine the genotype of the foetus and make your decision thereafter but I strongly urge you to end the relationship.

When I used to have a lot of crises, I once blamed my dad for marrying my mum. But now as I have gotten older, I realise they didn't know the things we know now.

Whatever decision you make, stay strong.

1 Like

Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by Dyt(f): 7:22pm On Oct 08, 2016
nurey:
I don't normally advice about genotype but let me give you the situation of things from my end.

My sister is SS and we didn't know until she was 24years old.

Now she is married with 2 kids who are also SS.

Seriously?
shocked shocked shocked shocked
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Who am. I to condemn someone that knew she was a carrier, married another Carrier and have two beautiful carriers

Wow
I am impressed

And ofcus they can be well managed without no crisis
Even AA falls sick too

1 Like

Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by SalomonKane: 7:30pm On Oct 08, 2016
Dyt:

Seriously?
shocked shocked shocked shocked
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Who am. I to condemn someone that knew she was a carrier, married another Carrier and have two beautiful carriers

Wow
I am impressed

And ofcus they can be well managed without no crisis
Even AA falls sick too
Well speaking as one whose genotype is positive, technicolor type AA, I can positively tell you that the last time I fell ill was... heck, I can't even remember. grin
Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by Dyt(f): 7:38pm On Oct 08, 2016
SalomonKane:
Well speaking as one whose genotype is positive, technicolor type AA, I can positively tell you that the last time I fell ill was... heck, I can't even remember. grin

Some SS can vouch for it too
Depends on how much care they get
Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by SalomonKane: 7:39pm On Oct 08, 2016
Dyt:

Some SS can vouch for it too
Depends on how much care they get
Care? From where, home or hospital?
Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by Dyt(f): 7:43pm On Oct 08, 2016
SalomonKane:
Care? From where, home or hospital?

Home
Yourself

Not all SS has it bas
I have managed my son for 3 years without injection except immunisation nor drip

Yes some nights he has priapism
Malaria
But when I give fruits and vegetables
In 2days he's fine even without visiting hospital

So it can be so so managed
Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by SalomonKane: 7:49pm On Oct 08, 2016
Dyt:

Home
Yourself

Not all SS has it bas
I have managed my son for 3 years without injection except immunisation nor drip

Yes some nights he has priapism
Malaria
But when I give fruits and vegetables
In 2days he's fine even without visiting hospital

So it can be so so managed
Well I believe all AA have it good. I can't even remember the last time I fell sick or even took drug, except aspirin for headache, and that don't even come often.

Your genotype is what, If I may ask? smiley
Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by Dyt(f): 7:50pm On Oct 08, 2016
SalomonKane:
Well I believe all AA have it good. I can't even remember the last time I fell sick or even took drug, except aspirin for headache, and that don't even come often.

Your genotype is what, If I may ask? smiley

AS
Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by SalomonKane: 7:55pm On Oct 08, 2016
Dyt:

AS
Oh. So your hubby is SS, right?
Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by Dyt(f): 7:56pm On Oct 08, 2016
SalomonKane:
Oh. So your hubby is SS, right?

Nope
Ex hubby
AS
Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by SalomonKane: 8:00pm On Oct 08, 2016
Dyt:

Nope
Ex hubby
AS
Oh. I'm sorry about that. So you didn't know he's AS?
Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by Dyt(f): 8:02pm On Oct 08, 2016
SalomonKane:
Oh. I'm sorry about that. So you didn't know he's AS?

Well

Naija has a long way to go
And the medicals especially

But het
Don't turn it to pity party oo

Life goes on
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Genotypes Issue Pls Help The Relationship With Ur Wisdom by SalomonKane: 8:06pm On Oct 08, 2016
Dyt:

Well

Naija has a long way to go
And the medicals especially

But het
Don't turn it to pity party oo

Life goes on
cheesy cheesy
Yea I know life goes on. Even I too have had my own ups and down, especially when it has to do with walking the aisle.

It thought me 'knowing before doing' saves one a whole lot of grieve and regret.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me / Being The First Child In Your Family / Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.