Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

The Silent Lover - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Silent Lover (94759 Views)

Bloodline........Prologue / The Company;The Silent Battle / The Cyber Lover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 6:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
datblaqgurl: I'm in love cheesy

op u ad a fun-filled weekend dearie? N ao's ur baby?

Lol......d weekend was wonderful. The baby is doing great. He is growing fast. grin U know its really wonderful to be a parent.
Re: The Silent Lover by harlos: 6:20pm On Sep 23, 2013
underage:

Yeah dis is just d beginning.
keep it up dear, i'm following...
Re: The Silent Lover by SPLENDIDFLOZZY: 10:42am On Sep 24, 2013
U've done it agn lyk u've always did.... I enjoyed evry bit of it.
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 12:23pm On Sep 24, 2013
harlos: keep it up dear, i'm following...

You keep me going dear smiley

SPLENDIDFLOZZY: U've done it agn lyk u've always did.... I enjoyed evry bit of it.

Am glad grin
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 12:23pm On Sep 24, 2013
That night sleep didn't come early. Komal tried to work on rest of her daily schedule and put it out of her mind the rest of the day; but those two pure black eyes invaded her mind.

What had she let herself in for?

What on earth was happening to her? She thougt, as she lay awake on her bed.

Komal's brain whirled. It couldn't be happening to her. It wasn't possible.

She had never experienced anything like this before. It was something weird, strange; a pleasurable kind of pain originating deep within her, a feeling she was not used to.

For the first time, she was thinking about her future in a different way. Only now, she was able to realize her needs and wants in a more personal way. She reasoned that she needed someone attune to her personal life, someone with whom she could talk about the things that were important to her, someone who understood. A man who could supply that in a way no other man could.

And who this man could be?

Her heart whispered only one name, again and again.

His personality was no doubt very disturbing. His smiles, his laughter, his way to talk, every thing was unique and distinguished. Confident face, naughty, sparkling eyes.

We don't meet such guys every day, do we?

She could not get Aariz out of her mind.

Did she just like his looks? Well, she did like his looks, but that was exactly the problem. Something had to be wrong with a man who looked so perfect. No man who looked perfect ever really was.

Her heart still raced when she thought of each time that Aariz's gaze had touched her.

As soon as her head touched the pillow, his smiling face came in front of her. She began to smile too. Yes..... She needed Aariz. She wanted him moe than anything else. She felt as though this was a person who genuinely cared for her. Someone who had asked because of genuine concerns and not due to superficial observation or politeness. Someone who would listen and who would understand. A man, who would be able to share all of her smiles, sorrows, tears and laughter. She was not imaginative enough to figure out what men wanted from today's career-minded girls but she was sure of one thing, there was no selfish interest or materialistic desire behind his feelings.

The great thing about having such an ideal husband with a sizeable fortune was that she could actually get all the happiness in life she wanted and she was more than ready to take that all.

Rolling from side to side on her Victorain bed, she tried her best to sleep but it would not come.

Finally deciding something, she gave up trying, and rose from her bed.

She needed to share it with someone. Yes, only this could decrease the intense burden on her heart. She wanted to tell what she felt to someone who could be trustworthy and supportive.

Combing through her hair with her fingers, she pulled out her laptop and settled on her easy chair.

With a sigh, she rested her fingers on the familiar keys and closed her eyes; willing herself to relax and let the words fill her ears, just as they always had whenever she sat down to write. But it was the silence of her surroundings she heard, a thick, throbbing unbroken quietness that theatened to go on forever and in its echoing emptiness, the only words she heard were those of Aariz Ali.

Her fingers curled in frustration on the keyboard as she opened her mailbox and clicked on 'compose'.

She typed.....

"Hi Mawara."

I've been enjoying my time alot. Pakistan is wonderful except for that nonsense pollution and stupid traffic. For the first time, I have experienced it's culture and heritage. I love the weddings, like all the festivals. Last weekend, I was in Lahore, enjoying Basant. It was fun.

Oh yes, remember Mawara you always used to ask me if I liked someone? And I told you that I'll not hide it whenever I really like someone. Well, dear tell you what? I've met someone. He is simply wonderful and I've finally got my 'ideal'. Hey don't laugh, okay? Okay I know I might sound childish but that's how I feel.

Would fill you up with all the details once I'm back in London. Mom has got our tickets booked for next weeks's flight.

Okay, see you soon. Bye.

K.K.

Komal smile at herself, and closed her laptop after sending the mail then returned to her bed again.

It wasn't fair!

She asked herself why.

Why it was all happening to her?

"It's never been like this....it's never been this way. Oh God!" She shifted in her bed desperately, clutching he feathery pillow to her bosom.

And then, some invisible power whispered deep inside her heart.

It's love. Oh yes, definitely love and nothing else. This is mind-ruining, and soul-sizzling love which will last for the rest of your life.

What was she really afraid of?

Now, it was time to confess what and how she had felt.

She had to admit, had to confess and express herself in front of him..otherwise this 'ache' was going to be unbearable.

Yes, Aariz was the man she had always wished, wanted and hoped for.

She knew that from now on, she would not be able to imagine herself with anyone else.

1 Like

Re: The Silent Lover by harlos: 2:39pm On Sep 24, 2013
Well done, am enjoying you as asual wink

I'm always smiling when reading your story...is it because i'm in love too? smileysmiley
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 5:18pm On Sep 24, 2013
harlos: Well done, am enjoying you as asual wink

I'm always smiling when reading your story...is it because i'm in love too? smileysmiley

Gud to hear dat smiley. I hope ur love succeeds.
Re: The Silent Lover by harlos: 5:23pm On Sep 24, 2013
5years now and still growing strong...smiley

1 Like

Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 5:30pm On Sep 24, 2013
harlos: 5years now and still growing strong...smiley

Wow....dats wonderful. Keep it going dear grin
Re: The Silent Lover by harlos: 5:39pm On Sep 24, 2013
underage:

Wow....dats wonderful. Keep it going dear grin
wink
Re: The Silent Lover by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 24, 2013
kiss kiss kiss
loving every bit of it...
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 9:05pm On Sep 24, 2013
datblaqgurl: kiss kiss kiss
loving every bit of it...

Am glad dear smiley
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 9:08pm On Sep 24, 2013
All those silent viewers who don't give me even a word of encouragement. Am gonna report you to Mynd, to get u off my thread soon. Lol......just kidding.

But seriously ur comments really kip me going, pls don't hesitate. Thanks to all active ones so far. I love you all kiss
Re: The Silent Lover by VivyGift(f): 9:16pm On Sep 24, 2013
Well done dear but pls try correct some errors in ur previous updates
Re: The Silent Lover by VivyGift(f): 9:18pm On Sep 24, 2013
Well done dear but thr r some errors in ur updates pls try correct them huh
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 9:51pm On Sep 24, 2013
Vivy Gift: Well done dear but thr r some errors in ur updates pls try correct them huh

Thnks for observing. Please pardon me for d errors (typos, i guess), its because am typing with my phone, its not easy smiley
Re: The Silent Lover by Mynd44: 10:06pm On Sep 24, 2013
Please don't report me to Mynd oootongue

1 Like

Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 10:25pm On Sep 24, 2013
Mynd_44: Please don't report me to Mynd oootongue

Oga Mynd, I dey vex ooo. U dey for front seat but U come keep ur mouth shut all this while. Its not fair nauuu. undecided

Btw, Wesslier I c u viewing dis topic.
Re: The Silent Lover by Wesslier(m): 10:33pm On Sep 24, 2013
underage:

Thnks for observing. Please pardon me for d errors (typos, i guess), its because am typing with my phone, its not easy smiley
fone ain't a bit easy. Well just manage ma'am. Min while expectations are high. As 4 Sir Mynd he is enjoyin his omniscient position.
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 10:39pm On Sep 24, 2013
Wesslier:
fone ain't a bit easy. Well just manage ma'am. Min while expectations are high. As 4 Sir Mynd he is enjoyin his omniscient position.

U wont be disappointed grin. Keep ur expectations high.......but not too high wink
Re: The Silent Lover by Mynd44: 6:46am On Sep 25, 2013
underage:

Oga Mynd, I dey vex ooo. U dey for front seat but U come keep ur mouth shut all this while. Its not fair nauuu. undecided

Btw, Wesslier I c u viewing dis topic.
I prefer watching from a distance so I can be both mod and fan at the same time hence not chase away others
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 2:02pm On Sep 25, 2013
Mynd_44:
I prefer watching from a distance so I can be both mod and fan at the same time hence not chase away others

Then you should atleast cheer me once in a while grin
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 2:04pm On Sep 25, 2013
Her dark brown hair was combed after she came out of the shower and right now was dried and falling about her face. Her thin, slim frame was wrapped in a loose bathrobe. She could see her reflection in the dining room mirror and she was pleased by what she saw.

As Komal brushed her hair, she smiled at her expression in the mirror, giving herself a critical look.

She had two black moles--beauty marks--on her face: one on her cheek and one on the side of her chin. Those were the marks she had always been proud of. They made her even more distinguish and feminine.

She brushed her hair back from her eyes. Her freshly washed hair smelled wonderful as the aroma of her shampoo settled around them. What anyone would notice first about her, however, were her eyes. They were soft brown and seemed almost too large for her face. Her eyelashes were unusually long, and her generously full lips seemed always to be wet, to have sheen to them. Her smoky, startingly brown eyes had a warm provocative look to them.

"What to wear tonight?" She asked herself, looking around for what she hoped would be something to really 'wow' him at their mutual date tonight. The long sleeved shirt-like dress she finally pulled out was made out of a silky material, sky blue in color. It was one of the most flattering dresses she owned, its light color, a complement to her dark brown hair.

She wore only a little makeup tonight although she didn't even need that. Just a little blush on, just a hint of pink showing through the velvety skin of her cheekbones and brown lipstick made her full, pouting lips more prominent.

She was givig herself a final, observatory look when the doorbell rang and she felt her heart begin hammering loudly. Quickly, but swiftly she reachd out to open the main door.

As Komal opened the door and smiled down at him, Aariz forgot to take breath.

He was truly struck by the stunning beauty of Komal. He had seen her irresistible charm and attraction, but never had he imagine that she would be so breath-takingly beautiful, charming and magnetic. Aariz was totally spellbound by the enchanting beauty of Komal today.

His black eyes warmed as they swept over her, and the familiar grooves dented his cheeks when he smiled.

"Hi, beautiful." Dark eyes crinkled at the corners, when he was able to speak finally.

Komal's heart started to race, as she blushed a bright red. She felt a little foolish, all these feelings, she felt like she was back in high school.

She surveyed the tall, handsome man standing before her, silent appreciation in her eyes. He was clean and the scent of his cologne was crispy masculine. Her wide brown eyes gazed downward over his broad shoulders and mascular chest, all encased in an impeccably tailored dark grey suit.

"Hi, good looking!" She giggled, brushing her soft, luxurious mane of hair carelessly with her left hand. "Shall we go now?"

In answer, he just motioned her towards his car, his eyes never leaving her for a single second.

As they walked to his car,.she was concious of Aariz's approving glance swerping over her. He had leaned across the seat and opened the passenger door for her so she could climb right in beside him.

They left for their favorite hotel. He said no more and neither did she, aware of him eyeing her speculatively as they drove the short distance to the hotel.

The porter welcomed them with a smile and nod of his head. Aariz stepped back to let her precede him into the hotel's restuarant. The restuarant was full when they entered it, and Komal saw two young women eye Aariz with evident interest. Seeing him through their eyes she had to concede he was worth looking at, his dark suit a foil fir, his black hair, sensual curve of his mouth.

She followed him to their usual table by the wall and sat down, avoiding his daring eyes as he took the seat opposite.

The headwaiter was there to greet them. "What do you recommend tonight, sir?"

"Ask madam," Aariz waved his hand towards Komal.

"Well", Komal thought for a moment. She tipped her head one side, a heavy mass of hair spilling over one shoulder. "Anything special in your menu tonight?"

"Madam we've excellent 'Chicken Karhaai', and 'Mutton Sajji' flown in from Quetta today. Grilled with butter, they can't be improved on." The waiter told her obediently.

"Sounds great." Before she could speak, Aariz interrupted. "Sajji Okay for you, Komal?"

"Umm, I'd prefer something lighter." She replied, as she fluffed out her long dark brown hair.

"Alright. Bring Sindhu Biryani and Chicken Karhaai with Afgan Naan and soft drinks." Aariz told him finally.

Nodding his head, the waiter stepped back.

"Do you think it's light?" She asked, amazed.

"What?"

"The menu you ordered. It's pretty heavy I think, specially for me."

"Oh." He laughed huskily. "Well dear, as long as you're in Pakistan, do enjoy it's food to the fullest. You won't get much chances afterwards."

She smiled but said nothing.

For a long moment, none of them said anything.

"So how was your day today?" She asked finally, breaking the thick silence.

He didn't reply. Instead, she saw Aariz was continously looking around them. Here and there, his eyes were everywhere but on her.

She waited, as if he would finally speak to her but his eyes didn't turn toward her.

She felt confused and frustrated.

"Aariz," She said sharply, when she couldn't take it anymore. "I can see we have a real problem here. You'll have to learn to speak when you're spoken to. I'm not used to people ignoring me when I talk."

He turned back toward her slowly and laughed softly.

"I was actually enjoying seeing the way people look at you." He said.

"Well," Komal stared, then stopped and tried again. "What do you mean the way people look at me?"

"You're the centre of everyone's attention and attraction right now." He told her proudly. "And I'm proud of the fact that I'm with the most beautiful lady."

She looked into his face and she knew his words were true.

"You praise too much." She said with artificial anger.

"I won't argue with you anyway." He sighed.

"You better not, as a woman has the last word in any argument " She grinned, winking delicately at him.

"And anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument." He gave his own point of view. Smiling back at her in the same manner.

She couldn't keep the laughter inside.

"grin....do you really think I'm pretty?"

"No...not really." He paused to watch her wide brown eyes darken with sadness. "I think you're beautiful!"

She giggled again and fluttered her lashes demurely.

"So," He took a long breath and bent toward her. "Last time you asked about me, now it's your turn."

"Turn for what?" She asked not getting him for a second.

"I want to know more about you."

"Oh," She sighed, the naturally red lips parted slightly, the deep brown eyes were half hidden beneath the smooth lids.

"I'm not much different from you when it comes to nature. I'm a fun-loving person too. Outgoing, career oriented. I want to be a lawyer." As she told him, he noted that her eyes had some special interest and ambition in them.

"I am appying for barrsiter ship and would do masters in law." She added with confidence.

"Wow." He exclaimed, looking clearly impressed. "Career women have always been my ideal. I'm always pleased when a woman achieves success, especially in a field too often dominated by men with inferior talents." He gave his personal opinion.

Throughout dinner, she chatted about her background, her aims about becoming a sucessful lawyer.

He loved listening to her low, edgy voice as she spoke of her job, her ambitions, her family and her hopes for the future. For just a second, he wished he did know a woman with a voice like that. Could spend an evening listening to that laugh, sharing a dinner and memorable moments.

It was only in the end when he came to the point, and this was the moment, for which both of them had waited for so long.

"Komal....." His tone changed suddenly, his voice a mere whisper, intense with emotion.

"I want to tell you something really important." His eyes looked deep into hers, and then moved over her whole being slowly.

2 Likes

Re: The Silent Lover by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 25, 2013
Welldone dear
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 10:53pm On Sep 25, 2013
datblaqgurl: Welldone dear

Thnx smiley
Re: The Silent Lover by harlos: 1:42pm On Sep 26, 2013
Always as expected, i am enjoying it...with pleasure cheesy
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 4:26pm On Sep 26, 2013
A tiny jolt shot through Komal's body, the touch of his eyes creating an actual physical sensation as they moved over her.

"I've never known the feelings I experienced with you." He began to say. "I smile eaxh day as I open my eyes and cry each night as I close them. I thought, thought and thought and then it occured to me that...."

He left his sentence unfinished, took a brief pause to see her rapidly changing facial expressions, a faint pink glow that spread upward to paint her cheeks, and then continued.

"I want you to belong to me. My dear girl, each day I love you more, I love you more than anyone or anything else in this world." He told her firmly, unshakably, meaning every word of it, "Believe it or not, but I really, truly, madly, deeply love you."

"I.....I" She stammered thickly, not knowing what to say.

"I am in love with you Komal, with all my heart and soul, and through out my life I've never been this sure about anything like I'm about my lobe for you. It's true, real and genuine." He confessed all in just one breath but left her breathless in return.

And Komal......She was speechless. She was too overwhelmed to speak anything. She again looked at the wonderful eyes- glittering with expectation to listen to affirmative- of his beloved. Their eyes locked and she detected compassion and love, love and love alone. There was no trace of lust. Aariz's eloquent eyes were shining radiantly with loud imploration.

"Do you love me?" He whispered, praying for a positive answer. "Please say yes to me, Komal! I'm dying to hear your yes. Don't deny me, Komal, don't deny me!"

Komal felt that all other emotion, namely; doubt, despair, anxiety, worry and all alike, fled into thin air and disappeared into the universe. Flowers of love bloomed all around in ones and twos around them. All the ugly changed to beauty. A heavenly fragrance hovered all around the large spacious place. All evils turned to virtue. Thousands of melodious notes, under the skilled baton of some cherubim, blended together to produce a divine music all around the room. Having controlled herself somehow, Komal whispered those three divin words, which, since time immemorial, had been spoken, are spoken at present, and will be spoken in every love-smitten heart as long as there will be love on this surface.

"I love you too," Still looking into the wonderful eyes of Aariz, from which love and affection had been very evident, she repeated and repeated. It seemed like his powerful eyes had completely hypnotized her, taking her into his strong magnetic trance.

"From the very first time I saw you, I said to myself, that is the kind of man I would like to be mine."

She placed her hand upon his to prove her point.....an affirmation......a pledge to him.

"Ah." He let out a long breath, which he has been holding for so long. "Thank you, my dear. Thank you so much."

"I don't want you to share anything of your life with anyone else, I want you to be my life partner, Komal. I want to marry you." He murmured.

"I......I need some time Aariz." She managed to say after some time.

"For what?"

"There are some things, some matters which have to be decided first."

He raised his brows but said nothing, perhaps not getting her point.

"You know Aariz. Marriage is such a big thing, we need to consider eaxh and everything." She said soberly, her tone more serious than ever now. "We should proceed slowly. There are some problems too. Sone big problems, infact."

"What problems?" The tensing of his jaw betrayed his frustration.

"I'd tell you when I have become sure of our relationship."

"Come one, you are not being realistic." He laughed sacarstically. "Here we are, confessing our feelings,.expressing our love for each other, and you're not sure yet?"

"Oh," She shook her head. "Don't get me wrong. It's not about what you're thinking. It's just that I need some more time to think and we need to talk about the matters which need to be settled first." She said in a low voice.

"Do you Aariz?" As she spoke, her voice felt like silk to him. "When and where a man likes a woman, he wants to become hers. But when a woman likes a man, she wants to become his need."

"You've already become my most wanted need, what else do you want now?" He said in a weird way.

She laughed at the face he made. "Don't be so desperate. We are not teenagers."

"That's why I am so desperate." He teased more. "We're old enough to get married."

"And how long will it take?" He asked thickly.

"I'm leaving for London this weekend. There are just three days left. I'd tell you earlier than that." She said, then added. "Now give me a big smile, will you? You know you don't look good at all with bad mood and sad face." She told him and the way she told him that made him laugh naturally.

"Now I.don't have any objection about that. When do we meet again?" He asked, thick lashes masking his eyes.

She didn't reply but rather stood up, ready to go. He settled the bill and followed her as she preceeded out of the restuarant. They were silent as they walked to his car, just sharing a few glances and smiles.

"I'd call you." She gave him a brief answer, then stalked to the front passenger door and climbed into the seat and as he settled by her side, they pulled out into the heavy night traffic.

When they arrived at her place, it was already late. Cold dark, windy night was not something very ordinary for citizens of Karachi. He felt absolutely wonderful and romantic.

Stopping the car by the main gate of her house and turning off the ignition, he rested his arms on the steering wheel and drew a deep breath.

"I'd wait for your decision." He said.

She smiled and nodded, her lips trembling

He liked her wide, vivid smile.......lengthy flaxen locks of hair that fell nicely around her shoulders. Eyes that caught yours no matter where your gaze fell upon, and her irrestible aroma; that of a spring arrangement of the most exotic flowers.

"Look into my eyes. Will you?" He breath gently.

Slowly,.she turnes her face toward him. As she looked into his face she felt a quickening of her heart.

His big, gorgeous black, excited eyes stared deep into hers.

His closeness enfolded her in the potent male aura of his after-shave lotion so that she felt slightly light-headed.

"You know Komal," His voice was unbearably sensual at the moment. "When you love someone all your saved-up wishes start coming out." His masculine hand brushed a fine lock of her hair away from her face.

"Why did you fall in love with me?" She asked hesitatinly, her voice weak.

"It just happened. Like lightening, unpredictable and beautiful."

"And dangerous!" She added silently.

"I....I know."

He reached out and lifted her chin to meet her slightly glazed stare.

"You're crying?" He asked, noticing the tears in her eyes.

"Yes." She couldn't raise her head though.

"Why are you crying?" He asked again.

"I....I don't know."

Slowly, deliberately, he took her tearful face into his shoulder and ran his finger into her soft velvety brown hair.

"Anythung wrong? Hmm?"

"Nothing." She said. "Things have never been so right."

"So much beauty, Komal. You just.....are so delicate....so gorgeous."

Her breath had quickened and her blood felt warm enough to melt her veins. She felt the hair on the back of her neck almost prick. It took her a second to realize she was feeling the effect of his nearness, the breadth of his shoulders and the towering leanness of his maleness.

He ran his fingers through her hair. "Have I told you that I love your hair?" He asked.

"Not yet." Her face became redder.

"I like girls with long hair!"

"But mine are not long."

"Yes." He stroked her shimmering soft brown hair again. "Don't cut them from now on. Okay?"

"Not like that!" She blurted, smiling naughtily. "It's tough for a career woman to keep her hair long."

"And it's tough for a sensitive man to keep himself away from a desirable woman like you." He nuzzled her hair, breathing in her fragrance.

Her body ached for him, silently urging those magic fingers never to cease their play, to go on forever vibrating upon her hair.

But before she could enjoy it further, he disengaged his body from hers and slowly turned back to his driving seat.

"God." He murmured sharply. "I was acting like some silly teenager guy without control of hormones." He laughed huskily. "We didn't even realize that our car is parked in front of your house."

"It's okay." She smiled and combed her hair with her fingers.

"Take good care of yourself." He called as she opened the front door and climbed out of his car. "For me." He added.

She smiled and stopped, "You were wonderful tonight." She said and turned to go through the main gate.

1 Like

Re: The Silent Lover by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 26, 2013
Wts komal hiding?? Perhaps she has a terminal illness?? Hian, God forbid... Lemme stop guessing sef..

Ride on madam..
Re: The Silent Lover by harlos: 7:49am On Sep 27, 2013
I guess the feeling was so strong that she could not resit to say something shes' been avoiding.

I'm guessing too grin
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 12:57pm On Sep 27, 2013
In the middle of the night, Komal awoke in a cold sweat.

With shaky hands, she took the glass full of water by her bedside to her trembling lips.

It's enough now.

She had to inform him. She had to tell him the fact that was eating her up like a dangerous dragon.

The telephone rang as Aariz was preparing for bed. He reached out one hand for the reciever, his other hand held his toothbrush.

"Yes?"

His voice was drowned in a sleepy way.

"Aariz?" The feminine voice rang like crystal chimes over the wires.

"Komal, is that you?"

"Are you alright, what happened?" With the telephone reciever wedged between his ear and shoulder, he went on brushing his teeth.

"I can't keep it inside me anymore, I've to tell you this."

"Yes, I'm here." He blinked his eyes fully, his sleep miles away. "Tell me, what you need to tell me."

"Not on the phone." She sobbed. "We need to meet and talk."

"But what's the matter?" Any problem?"

The answer was sighed rather than spoken.

"Aariz, I'm waiting for you at Sun cafe!"

And then she hung up the reciever.

He set the phone reciever back in its cradle and sighed. Within ten minutes, he was ready to meet her. He rushed toward Sun cafe in his Honda Accord, a famous cafe that was not far from his place.

When he reached there, he was suprised to find out that she was already waiting for him.

Her beauty, her charms and her vulnerability was so intense and effective that it didn't fail to inspire and impress hin even in thus tensed state and condition.

She had tied her gorgeous bright, nut-shining hair into a long ponytail and wore a quarter sleeved plain white shirt of bosky and nice fitting jeans that revealed most of the details of her extremely attractive legs. He noted with interest that she had a pair of shapely legs tapering smoothly from their joint to the ankle.

"Wow." He said, as she tood up to greet him. "You startle me, dazzle me even in yoour casual appearance."

"Wow yourself." She said without much expression. She ran one hand through her already tousled hair and sank into the chair.

"Now, what's the problem?" He asked, gazing deeply into her eyes.

She swallowed hard.

A waiter appeared and vaguely, she heard Aariz ordering black coffee.

By the time they were sitting in an isolated booth in the back of the cafe five minutes kater, she had found her voice.

"Aariz you have to listen with patience." She said huskily.

"For God's sake Komal, that's why I'm here. Please tell me now."

She opened her lips, her facial expression clearly showing the featuresbof war that was going on between her heart and mind.

"God, why does this happen to me?" She cried silently.

She needed to telk him things, wanted to inform him about all those essential facts, which were confusing her, making her frustrated.

"There are two big problems in our way, two major obstacles." She said, when at last she gained her breath.

"And what are those?"

"What would your parents think?" She asked, eyeing him critically.

"What would your relatives say? Would they accept me with open arms?"She asked another question, without waiting for his answer.

"Look Komal, it's my life. Do you have to live with my relatives and my parents or with me alone?"

"ButI don't want an isolated life." She protested.

"You know very well that I don't give a damn to these stupid social and religious restrictions or whatever." He said with firm belief. "It's my life and I have full right to spend or pass it in a way I like it. Frankly, it's none of my relative's business." He said harshly, his voice filled with emotion.

She couldn't reply, instead she just lowered her head.

Neither of then spoke much afterwards.

"Was this the reason why you called me at midnight and told me to reach here instantly?" He asked sarcastically.

She was silent.

He was angry, she knew.

They both rose from their chairs simultaneously.

"I hope I didn't hurt you." She said.

"No you didn't." His answer was quick and short as he accompanied her to the parking.

"I've my own car. You can go." She said as they reached the place where their cars were parked.

"Lady." He first looked at his wristwatch and then at her face. "It's two a.m and it's Karachi, a city of lights but a place of fights. You go and I'd follow you in my car to your house.

She didn't argue then, instead she just opened the door of her mercedes and got in.

As she drove, she could see in the back mirror, his car following hers.

He was caring, no doubt about that.

Few minutes later, she got out of her car and crossed the parking lot of her uncle's house.

By the gate, she turned back to throw one last look at him and stunned. He was standing wonderfully with his back tipped on his car, his arms crossed on his chest and his eyes fixed on her.

"I know what's making you worried and confused." Suddenly, words left his mouth in the most effective way, his tone heavy and serious. "We are from two different communities and sects, rights? One of us is Shiyah and the other is Sunni?" He gave her a slight smile.

"It's not just that." She opened her lips but her feet didn't leave her place.

"Then?"

She sighed and turned to face the man standing at her backside, for one last time.

"I.....I"

"Hmmm?" His brows curved upward.

"I.....am....." She gathered all of her courage and power to blast the bomb finally.

Yes, this was the time. This was the occasion and this was the moment to tell him the truth.

"I'm........engaged."
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 1:01pm On Sep 27, 2013
Okay folks, av done my part. Now it's ur turn to tell me what you think of the story so far. Not less than 10 comments before the next update grin. Your comments will keep me going. See you all on monday. Have a nice weekend.
Re: The Silent Lover by harlos: 5:26pm On Sep 27, 2013
I felt an explosion in my heart embarassed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? / Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.