Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,845 members, 7,828,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2580859 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (1042) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 21, 2015
"we" need you to be part of the committee, as teachers' tenacity is key in achieving success. Please, do come on board.
dayo20002002:
Though I am a silent observer on this trend but I am in full support of the get to gether and I would have love to be part of the organizer because I hv got some ideas to chip in to spice up the event and put also put a glamour in it though it will require a tenacious planning
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:50pm On Feb 21, 2015
They are admirering you not making advances. It is okay to admire a teacher be it female or male. However, there should be a line drawn in order not to lead to advances. We all love to be admired for our dress sense, beauty or just about anything. Peejaywunmie mamaddd, vikkyhills and others over you guys
ProfGday:
how do you handle females/males admirers in your working place as a teacher?

expecially if the person happens to be your students.

Over to you all d religiously uptight teacher on this noble thread.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 11:55pm On Feb 21, 2015
chrisdenis01:
Hello... I really want to commend your suggestion,deals and effort towards gathering teachers together all over the nation... Its a good thing and I'm impress to see teachers standing out to appreciate teaching as a profession... I must say this.. We need to see as ourselves as a Professionals in our field just like a Doctors, Lawyers etc. I will also suggest we put into consideration the Media, Educational bodies etc to participate in this conference... As a professional Teacher I like to be involve in a Good Organisation of a program.... Tho, I'm in Abuja but I'm with you guys... GOD bless teachers

Send me pm
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 11:58pm On Feb 21, 2015
dayo20002002:
Though I am a silent observer on this trend but I am in full support of the get to gether and I would have love to be part of the organizer because I hv got some ideas to chip in to spice up the event and put also put a glamour in it though it will require a tenacious planning

Send me pm
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 11:59pm On Feb 21, 2015
avicky:

If they want to participate, they should get a moniker and register. The last time i checked, Nairaland does not charge for being a member of the forum. The challenge from guest viewers will be feedback.

I second dat
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 12:04am On Feb 22, 2015
ProfGday:
how do you handle females/males admirers in your working place as a teacher?

expecially if the person happens to be your students.

Over to you all d religiously uptight teacher on this noble thread.

Is it dat they are admiring you or having crush on you..which one?? Cos they are clearly very different things . Be specific which one it is and we can takle it properly together on d thread.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ProfGday(m): 4:27am On Feb 22, 2015
upload111:

Is it dat they are admiring you or having crush on you..which one?? Cos they are clearly very different things . Be specific which one it is and we can takle it properly together on d thread.
What would u do in a situation whereby ur colleagues/students are crushing on you?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 9:30am On Feb 22, 2015
ProfGday:

What would u do in a situation whereby ur colleagues/students are crushing on you?

This is a very sensitive situation. Its normal on the student side though to have crushes on their teacher and sometimes(if not most times) the student tends to study more n improve in dat subject dat their teacher-crush teaches. But then its the teachers responsibility to handle the situation carefully.
If its d male dat is d student n a female teacher..-its somewhat easier as most teenage boys may not b bold enough to walk up to their teacher and say things.. But if they do, there r still tins u could do but I wud leave dat for anoda discussion since in dis case its female students to male teacher(correct me if am wrong)
Well !permit me to say dats it more common for a female student having a crush on a male teacher dan it is for a male student on a female teacher. Anyway..back to d matter.. No need to start stating how to know if a female student has a crush on a teacher ,cos am sure u already know. d question is how the teacher should respond..these are a few suggestions below.
Sometimes d student(female) may b bold enough to ask you in class if you are married or whether u have a girlfriend..if u answer yes, this sometimes can put them off n return them to the normal teacher-student relationship but on d other hand it can sometimes instigate jealousy. So using smart replies like "No I am not married but I am too old to marry u" or "yes I hav a girlfriend or wife and oh!! So u would like to marry an old man??" This can get the class laffing n order would b restored..
Most times students may hav what I call "innocent crush"" where they only want to b around u n hear u talk or b in a class where u teach.. Dat one is usually harmless..
Another point is refrain urself from giving out personal information to the students like ur Id on social media e.g facebook, whatsapp,bbm etc.. And information on age or marriage etc.. Jus tell dem dats personal info and you don't like to give out personal information..
There is much more I can write but I don dey tire to type jare... If u r on whatsapp pm me your number and we cud discuss more on the issue and also
@Goldendr n all the rest..this one topic we should trash out at d "get-together".. Abi how una c am..?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by uniluv: 10:23am On Feb 22, 2015
chrisdenis01:
Hello... I really want to commend your suggestion,deals and effort towards gathering teachers together all over the nation... Its a good thing and I'm impress to see teachers standing out to appreciate teaching as a profession... I must say this.. We need to see as ourselves as a Professionals in our field just like a Doctors, Lawyers etc. I will also suggest we put into consideration the Media, Educational bodies etc to participate in this conference... As a professional Teacher I like to be involve in a Good Organisation of a program.... Tho, I'm in Abuja but I'm with you guys... GOD bless teachers
hello, pls is there vacancy in ur school? Am in Abuja too
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by peejaywunmie(f): 11:08am On Feb 22, 2015
Wonderful idea@avicky,u knw am in for d get together.pls just keep updating me.@upload 111,weldone sir en pls keep it up
avicky:

Where are the big guns of this thread?
Evathyst, Omawunmie85, profgday, don't let me catch you on OAU pg thread o wink, goldendr, Artistically art, sunnypar et al. If you want this to materialize, let's start talking. Two good heads they say is better than one.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 22, 2015
upload111:

This is a very sensitive situation. Its normal on the student side though to have crushes on their teacher and sometimes(if not most times) the student tends to study more n improve in dat subject dat their teacher-crush teaches. But then its the teachers responsibility to handle the situation carefully.
If its d male dat is d student n a female teacher..-its somewhat easier as most teenage boys may not b bold enough to walk up to their teacher and say things.. But if they do, there r still tins u could do but I wud leave dat for anoda discussion since in dis case its female students to male teacher(correct me if am wrong)
Well !permit me to say dats it more common for a female student having a crush on a male teacher dan it is for a male student on a female teacher. Anyway..back to d matter.. No need to start stating how to know if a female student has a crush on a teacher ,cos am sure u already know. d question is how the teacher should respond..these are a few suggestions below.
Sometimes d student(female) may b bold enough to ask you in class if you are married or whether u have a girlfriend..if u answer yes, this sometimes can put them off n return them to the normal teacher-student relationship but on d other hand it can sometimes instigate jealousy. So using smart replies like "No I am not married but I am too old to marry u" or "yes I hav a girlfriend or wife and oh!! So u would like to marry an old man??" This can get the class laffing n order would b restored..
Most times students may hav what I call "innocent crush"" where they only want to b around u n hear u talk or b in a class where u teach.. Dat one is usually harmless..
Another point is refrain urself from giving out personal information to the students like ur Id on social media e.g facebook, whatsapp,bbm etc.. And information on age or marriage etc.. Jus tell dem dats personal info and you don't like to give out personal information..
There is much more I can write but I don dey tire to type jare... If u r on whatsapp pm me your number and we cud discuss more on the issue and also
@Goldendr n all the rest..this one topic we should trash out at d "get-together".. Abi how una c am..?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 22, 2015
You have dealt with the issue. When I was teaching, I did not give out my number, facebook I.d or bbm not until few days to leave the school. I only gave out my bbm and facebook I.d. Even till date I still do e-tutor. You said nothing about if it was a colleague.
upload111:

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 22, 2015
Happy sunday to Ibb4tone(m),
xeleb(m), Sunehri145(f), &
martyns200(m) what are your thoughts about the get together.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by coolestboy(m): 12:14pm On Feb 22, 2015
GoldenDr:
Happy sunday to Ibb4tone(m),
xeleb(m), Sunehri145(f), &
martyns200(m) what are your thoughts about the get together.
Same to u dear, let planning begin....am in.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by MamaDDD: 12:54pm On Feb 22, 2015
At this stage of their lives, it is kind of normal but as a teacher we should not encourage it. We can be their friends and chip in advice to encourage them to face their studies & help them in the challenges common in this stage. People tend to admire people who are smart, brilliant and cute. I av heard students telling me they love to be like me or aunty, you are beautiful or even aunty, i wish ure not married i would av married you. But they know the kind of person im dt im a nice person but they know where to draw d line.
GoldenDr:
They are admirering you not making advances. It is okay to admire a teacher be it female or male. However, there should be a line drawn in order not to lead to advances. We all love to be admired for our dress sense, beauty or just about anything. Peejaywunmie mamaddd, vikkyhills and others over you guys
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by chrisdenis01: 1:02pm On Feb 22, 2015
uniluv:
hello, pls is there vacancy in ur school? Am in Abuja too

Submit your Cv to schools like lead british Int sch, pace setters, Regent int, Aduvie Int sch, Lordswill Academy, Hillside int sch... Etc.. Try n drop your Cv ...
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by tunery004(m): 3:14pm On Feb 22, 2015
Well, av bin a silent reader on d thread, I must say u guys are doing a great job. Amma like to know more abt d get together
Talking abt admiring and having a crush on a teacher, well, it is no offence for a student to admire a teacher and their young minds play tricks on dem dats y dey crush on dere teachers, it becomes and offence when d teacher take advantage of naivety of d young students to get involve with dem. Abt colleagues, dats a norm, absolutely normal it goes from crushing to approaching and depending on wot u want, it cud go further or ................. In my former school, our Yoruba teacher met and married our Furthermaths teacher. So no biggie in dat.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 3:19pm On Feb 22, 2015
ProfGday:

@goldende thanks I almost forgot dat part...
If its a colleague... Hmmm well!.. If both of u are single then who knows dat could b ya bone of bones o!! Lol!! But to b serious I bliv u r both adults n should know how to handle ur biz (I no wan form saint neither am I claiming sinner) .if you are colleagues at work then its may not really matter unless u work in same department or one happens to b boss n d other a lower staff. Then it may pose a prob to the organisation... Handling it ?? Dat one depends on a lot of things... Lemme save it for now ..am sure the answers he(profgday) wanted was the one on students

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 3:20pm On Feb 22, 2015
tunery004:
Well, av bin a silent reader on d thread, I must say u guys are doing a great job. Amma like to know more abt d get together
Talking abt admiring and having a crush on a teacher, well, it is no offence for a student to admire a teacher and their young minds play tricks on dem dats y dey crush on dere teachers, it becomes and offence when d teacher take advantage of naivety of d young students to get involve with dem. Abt colleagues, dats a norm, absolutely normal it goes from crushing to approaching and depending on wot u want, it cud go further or ................. In my former school, our Yoruba teacher met and married our Furthermaths teacher. So no biggie in dat.

Well said.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ProfGday(m): 3:33pm On Feb 22, 2015
thanks to you all.I've really enjoyed all ur contributions.
This week is our week of unstopable greatness.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 3:38pm On Feb 22, 2015
UPDATE ON THE GET-TOGETHER... With permission of the thread op "goldendr". Pls send me pm and include ur phone number.. I hav already opened a chat group on whatsapp although only a few of us r there n no planning has begun yet.. But from what has been said on n off the thread its like gonna hold in lagos n likely gonna b during the holidays so as to enable maximum participation. Also we looking at accomodation for peeps dat wud b trooping in from outta state n someone metioned media n d likes n wanting to join in on d planning but am yet to receive his pm or his number(u knw urself) . We also wanna see how we can make it memorable by puttin in seminars n stuff n inviting people who own schools or run or head educational bodies etc.. There is much to b said and likewise there is much to b done.. And as d saying goes "soup wey sweet na beta money kill am"..
Well am still waiting but I have gotten a few people's number some of which I hav added to d whatsapp group.. So if any is interested do pm me ur number(whatsapp Id).. N let's get d ball rolling..

@artistically I neva get ur number o
@sunnypar abeg naa we still dey wait o!!
@evathyst n all others pls respond if yall in...
Note:- heard there was an issue on the thread dat got some people banned.. Lemme use this opportunity to beg the MODs pls help us unban dem abeg.. We need to plan our get-together abeg una o.. E joo o!!

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 3:40pm On Feb 22, 2015
Thanks.. smiley
peejaywunmie:
Wonderful idea@avicky,u knw am in for d get together.pls just keep updating me.@upload 111,weldone sir en pls keep it up

Thanks..
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 22, 2015
if you are colleagues at work then its may not really matter unless u work in same department or one happens to b boss n d other a lower staff. Then it may pose a prob to the organisation... Handling it ?? Dat one depends on a lot of things... Lemme save it for now ..am sure the answers
upload111:

@goldende thanks I almost forgot dat part...
If its a colleague... Hmmm well!.. If both of u are single then who knows dat could b ya bone of bones o!! Lol!! But to b serious I bliv u r both adults n should know how to handle ur biz (I no wan form saint neither am I claiming sinner). if you are colleagues at work then its may not really matter unless u work in same department or one happens to b boss n d other a lower staff. Then it may pose a prob to the organisation... Handling it ?? Dat one depends on a lot of things... Lemme save it for now ..am sure the answers he(profgday) wanted was the one on students
explain that for some of "us" who may be facing or probably would face it.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by dayo20002002: 6:05pm On Feb 22, 2015
upload111:

Send me pm

This is my pin: 33033C2B. We can talk
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ravensckar(m): 6:38pm On Feb 22, 2015
Hmnnn...

*walks majestically into thread*

Seems a lot has happened in my absence; Teachers get together abi? Anyways, we shall be there. But please, there's one lady's name that keeps popping up in this get together and it shouldn't be. If I say 'Eva' then you can add the remaining 'thyst'

Evathyst, are you really serious about being part of this get together thing? Lolz. I hope that 'Amarula' scenario will not play out again. This time around, I wouldn't volunteer to carry you home. Lolz.

Lest I forget friends, a physics home tutor is needed at Oke-afa area in Isolo. If you're interested, please call me on 08135138440.

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 22, 2015
None of the above.
Seebeauty:

Tanks GoldenDr ,..pls do u reside in Asaba main town or Okpanam
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 22, 2015
"we" own the thread and not just me. Check your mail.
upload111:
UPDATE ON THE GET-TOGETHER... With permission of the thread op "goldendr". Pls send me pm and include ur phone number.. I hav already opened a chat group on whatsapp although only a few of us r there n no planning has begun yet.. But from what has been said on n off the thread its like gonna hold in lagos n likely gonna b during the holidays so as to enable maximum participation. Also we looking at accomodation for peeps dat wud b trooping in from outta state n someone metioned media n d likes n wanting to join in on d planning but am yet to receive his pm or his number(u knw urself) . We also wanna see how we can make it memorable by puttin in seminars n stuff n inviting people who own schools or run or head educational bodies etc.. There is much to b said and likewise there is much to b done.. And as d saying goes "soup wey sweet na beta money kill am"..
Well am still waiting but I have gotten a few people's number some of which I hav added to d whatsapp group.. So if any is interested do pm me ur number(whatsapp Id).. N let's get d ball rolling..

@artistically I neva get ur number o
@sunnypar abeg naa we still dey wait o!!
@evathyst n all others pls respond if yall in...
Note:- heard there was an issue on the thread dat got some people banned.. Lemme use this opportunity to beg the MODs pls help us unban dem abeg.. We need to plan our get-together abeg una o.. E joo o!!
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 9:51pm On Feb 22, 2015
GoldenDr:
"we" own the thread and not just me. Check your mail.

Sorry about the statement ... Anyway I have checked my mail..
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 9:52pm On Feb 22, 2015
dayo20002002:

This is my pin: 33033C2B. We can talk

Dats better.. I have sent u an invite on bbm
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Evathyst(f): 10:13pm On Feb 22, 2015
ravensckar:
Hmnnn...

*walks majestically into thread*

Seems a lot has happened in my absence; Teachers get together abi? Anyways, we shall be there. But please, there's one lady's name that keeps popping up in this get together and it shouldn't be. If I say 'Eva' then you can add the remaining 'thyst'

Evathyst, are you really serious about being part of this get together thing? Lolz. I hope that 'Amarula' scenario will not play out again. This time around, I wouldn't volunteer to carry you home. Lolz.

Lest I forget friends, a physics home tutor is needed at Oke-afa area in Isolo. If you're interested, please call me on 08135138440.
who's this?

I don't discuss with strangers abeg undecided

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by uniluv: 5:54am On Feb 23, 2015
chrisdenis01:

Submit your Cv to schools like lead british Int sch, pace setters, Regent int, Aduvie Int sch, Lordswill Academy, Hillside int sch... Etc.. Try n drop your Cv ...
thank you, i did submit cv in all those schools except Lead British Int Sch. Pls where is the Lead British located
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by chrisdenis01: 10:22am On Feb 23, 2015
uniluv:
thank you, i did submit cv in all those schools except Lead British Int Sch. Pls where is the Lead British located

Setraco gate Gwarinpa Estate

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (1042) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.