Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,373 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2578527 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (1042) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 31, 2015
Keep submitting.
olajumoke12:

tanx ave done that
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by queenprecy(f): 3:57pm On May 31, 2015
artisticallyart:
Lord's Golden Kids Foundation is an International School located in Awka, Anambra State[color=#990000][/color].
We are looking for Montessori Head Directors/Directress,Teachers and Admin Personnel in a Nursery and Primary School. We are offering a rewarding salary package plus allowances and benefits including Medicals, housing and car loans and discounted tuition for children of employees.

Interested persons should send their CVs to:
ucheonyemah1@gmail.com
favourmorah@yahoo.com

For more enquiries, call: 08064514854, 08032422438
please is there still vacancy in the school?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 3:58pm On May 31, 2015
manie:

Unfortunately there is none you can enjoy, nobody can make us happy. The government, your employer, and friends cannot make you happy. You are the only one that can make yourself happy.

Love what you are doing.
Be very good at what you do.
Go the extra mile in whatever you do.
Be focused.
Have a target of how long you want to stay in the labour market.
Invest in yourself, develop good character and personality.
Start planning for your retirement or resignation on the first day you join the labour market.

When you do these, you will have confidence, happiness, peace of mind. This will make your colleagues and superiors to marvel at your PMA, you will also be surprised at the opportunities and possibilities that will be magnetised to you.

My dear, you are wrong. You can find happiness and fulfilment in your passion. Even where you work to an extent. There's no perfect organization.

I am passionate about teaching. I love what I do. I'm comfortable where I work to an extent. Once, I experience inconveniences, I take succor in the gains of my passion. And if I feel my servics are not well appreciated, I repackage my resume and off I go in search for other places till God establishes me to have a school.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 31, 2015
That is the spirit.
avicky:

My dear, you are wrong. You can find happiness and fulfilment in your passion. Even where you work to an extent. There's no perfect organization.

I am passionate about teaching. I love what I do. I'm comfortable where I work to an extent. Once, I experience inconveniences, I take succor in the gains of my passion. And if I feel my servics are not well appreciated, I repackage my resume and off I go in search for other places till God establishes me to have a school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 31, 2015
queenprecy:
please is there still vacancy in the school?
there are contacts number on the post, do the needful.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 4:13pm On May 31, 2015
manie:

Any teacher that teaches 12 periods in a week is under utilised. The average number of periods approved by the Ministry of Education for a teacher is between 20 and 24 periods.

The only reason why school administrators will allow a teacher to teach 12 periods and below is when such a teacher is given other leadership or auxiliary responsibilities. Eg if you combine your teaching of English with Public relations/marketing roles.

Tah. Let me hear word. What do you mean by under utilized. Come and give me 37 periods now, so I can know I am teaching. In my school, the highest you can have is 18 periods. Those that are doing 27 periods a week, how much are they paid? Work like an elephant and eat like an ant. Tufiakwa.

Btw , I also do parenting aside teaching. And I don't work in Lagos state.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 4:18pm On May 31, 2015
avicky:

Tah. Let me hear word. What do you mean by under utilized. Come and give me 37 periods [/b]now, so I can know I am teaching. In my school, the highest you can have is 18 periods. Those that are doing 27 periods a week, how much are they paid? Work like an elephant and eat like an ant. Tufiakwa.

Btw ,[b] I also do parenting
aside teaching. And I don't work in Lagos state.

No teacher can give his best by teaching 37 periods in a week. But if you combine Literature with English, that will give a total periods of 21 for week which is just okay.

Are you a House parent in your school?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 4:19pm On May 31, 2015
Evathyst:
Lolz! Ur post aptly describes all that I have in mind as regards teaching profession.

Get together? Well, let's keep our fingers crossed sha. Will seek permission from my Oga @ the top. Honestly, will like to see many of you on this thread face to face.

And lastly, if you think visiting prof deserves an award for his show of resilience even in face of sack I guess it's because u don't know him. He has always been an 'Aluta' comrade from our days in the Univ. But all the same, I know of many graduates who would have swallowed that insult all in the name of 'Employment is scarce'.

Teaching profession indeed!

Cherie, We have a whatsapp group where we chat and make preparations for the get together. Just send your number to Upload111 through a pm and voila you will be chatting with the rest of us in the group.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 4:21pm On May 31, 2015
manie:

No teacher can give his best by teaching 37 periods in a week. But if you combine Literature with English, that will give a total periods of 21 for week which is just okay.

Are the a House parent in your school?

My dear I have once thought 37 periods, French, English and literature . I know what I'm saying and God knows I can never go back to such.
Yes, I am.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 4:26pm On May 31, 2015
avicky:

No matter what, you will get to that stage in your career and organisation when your service will no longer be appreciated. That is the bitter truth.

That is why you are the only person that can make yourself.

I have worked in an organisation where my subordinates were paid higher than me, but that did not deter me from being happy and doing my best for the organisation.

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 4:30pm On May 31, 2015
manie:

No matter what, you will get to that stage in your career and organisation when your service will no longer be appreciated. That is the bitter truth.

I have worked in an organisation where my subordinates were paid higher than me, but that did not deter me from being happy and doing my best for the organisation.

It is your last statement that makes sense to me. The rest pftt. How can one be indispensable in a private organization? C'est pas possible.
It's only when one is self employed, that you can be valuable to yourself. But before then, I am ready to enjoy the gains of my passion wherever I find myself.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 4:30pm On May 31, 2015
avicky:

My dear I have once thought 37 periods, French, English and literature . I know what I'm saying and God knows I can never go back to such.
Yes, I am.

You said you take 12 periods per week, but you forgot to tell the house that you are given other responsibilities like parenting in your school. Looking at it from the break-even point of view no school can be profitable, when teachers teach 12 periods out of the recommended 40 periods per week.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 4:33pm On May 31, 2015
avicky:

It is your last statement that makes sense to me. The rest pftt. How can one be indispensable in a private organization? C'est pas possible.
It's only when one is self employed, that you can be valuable to yourself. But before then, I am ready to enjoy the gains of my passion wherever I find myself.

No one is indispensable in any organisation be it public or private. The business model I adopt is that my businesses should able to be profitably managed without too much interference by me.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Engrcharlesid(m): 4:34pm On May 31, 2015
manie:

How long have you worked at your present place of work?
i started work dere jan ........with just nysc experience ....
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 4:34pm On May 31, 2015
manie:

You said you take 12 periods per week, but you forgot to tell the house that you are given other responsibilities like parenting in your school. Looking at it from the break-even point of view no school can be profitable, when teachers teach 12 periods out of the recommended 40 periods per week.

Those that know me in the house, are not oblivious of that fact.
Besides, we have a minimum of 2 or 3 teachers taking one subject in different schools I.e junior and senior schools.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 4:36pm On May 31, 2015
manie:

No one is indispensable in any organisation be it public or private. The business model I adopt is that my businesses should able to be profitable managed without too much interference by me.

We are saying the same thing. How can someone be indispensable in an organization be it private or public.?C'est pas possible.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 4:39pm On May 31, 2015
manie:

Imagine your position qualifies you for an official car, housing allowance, recharge card allowance etc, but because one is independently minded your employers deprived one of such privileges.
Maybe because I was fairly comfortable or they wanted me to beg for my entitlement.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 4:41pm On May 31, 2015
Engrcharlesid:
i started work dere jan ........with just nysc experience ....

I will advice you to start dropping your CVs and plan to move against September. I am not too sure if any school will be ready to employ now, except there is an emergency, third term examination should start in about 6 weeks time.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Engrcharlesid(m): 4:43pm On May 31, 2015
manie:

I will advice you to start dropping your CVs and lan to move against September. I am not too sure if any school will be ready to employ now, except there is an emergency, third term examination should start in about 6 weeks time.
ok thanks . i want to concentrate on ikorodu axiz .....
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by queenex(f): 5:52pm On May 31, 2015
Plz teaching jobs around abijo awoyaya,lakowe area of ibeju-lekki plz kindly let me know.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ProfGday(m): 6:22pm On May 31, 2015
LETTER TO MY SON'S TEACHER-ABRAHAM LINCOLN [b] LETTER TO MY SON'S TEACHER-ABRAHAM LINCOLN

“My son starts school today. It is all going to be strange and new to
him for a while and I wish you would treat him gently. It is an
adventure that might take him across continents. All adventures that
probably include wars, tragedy and sorrow. To live this life will require
faith, love and courage.
So dear Teacher, will you please take him by his hand and teach him
things he will have to know, teaching him - but gently, if you can.
Teach him that for every enemy, there is a friend. He will have to know
that all men are not just, that all men are not true. But teach him
also that for every scoundrel there is a hero, that for every crooked
politician, there is a dedicated leader.
Teach him if you can that 10 cents earned is of far more value than a
dollar found. In school, teacher, it is far more honorable to fail than
to cheat. Teach him to learn how to gracefully lose, and enjoy winning
when he does win.
Teach him to be gentle with people, tough with tough people. Steer
him away from envy if you can and teach him the secret of quiet
laughter. Teach him if you can - how to laugh when he is sad, teach
him there is no shame in tears. Teach him there can be glory in
failure and despair in success. Teach him to scoff at cynics.
Teach him if you can the wonders of books, but also give time to
ponder the extreme mystery of birds in the sky, bees in the sun and
flowers on a green hill. Teach him to have faith in his own ideas, even
if every one tell him they are wrong.
Try to give my son the strength not to follow the crowd when
everyone else is doing it. Teach him to listen to every one, but teach
him also to filters all that he hears on a screen of truth and take only
the good that comes through.
Teach him to sell his talents and brains to the highest bidder but
never to put a price tag on his heart and soul. Let him have the
courage to be impatient, let him have the patient to be brave. Teach
him to have sublime faith in himself, because then he will always have
sublime faith in mankind, in God.
This is the order, teacher but see what best you can do. He is such a
nice little boy and he is my son.
[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 7:23pm On May 31, 2015
Sunnypar:
What has happen Herr? Upload, avicky, Oga, Makozona, sunnypar and the likes why have thou abandoned this thread.
Sorry brah!! I have been kindda occupied. But its still no excuse not to b here to give back to d thread dat has given so much to me... I tender apologies again. Hope it will b accepted?

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 7:26pm On May 31, 2015
avicky:

Don't mind us jare. We dey all meet for the whatsapp thread. tongue

True ..we hang out at the whatsapp nairaland group n share with one another..since we have concluded plans for d get-together party.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 7:49pm On May 31, 2015
makazona:

Mr. Sunnypar, i have been trying to fix my joblessness. i pray God to hear me this time...thanx for ur concern though

Pray n work.. And God will see u tru.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 8:52pm On May 31, 2015
avicky:

Yes, I am.
CHISOS!!! 37periods KILODE Chai!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 8:56pm On May 31, 2015
upload111:

CHISOS!!! 37periods KILODE Chai!!

Walahi. I sick, Siddon for house for one week on top a meagre 25k fa. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by skipo01: 9:28pm On May 31, 2015
Please I need a teaching job (including home lesson) around Isolo or Ejigbo axis. Economics and Accounting

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 31, 2015
skipo01:
Please I need a teaching job (including home lesson) around Isolo or Ejigbo axis. Economics and Accounting
submit your CV with school a within and around you environment.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by makazona(m): 12:12pm On Jun 01, 2015
upload111:

Pray n work.. And God will see u tru.

Sure...
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by kendraloops(f): 11:48pm On Jun 01, 2015
Sir manie and our able gurus, i need advice.
my oga wants to start a School next session and he's secured a building. the thing is, the landlord says he can only guarantee the use of the building by my oga for 2 years max. As it is, he just managed to gather lil cash to pay the rent, hasn't even renovated yet. isn't 2 years too small? I'm passionate about it and all but also scared.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 5:14am On Jun 02, 2015
kendraloops:
Sir manie and our able gurus, i need advice.
my oga wants to start a School next session and he's secured a building. the thing is, the landlord says he can only guarantee the use of the building by my oga for 2 years max. As it is, he just managed to gather lil cash to pay the rent, hasn't even renovated yet. isn't 2 years too small? I'm passionate about it and all but also scared.
when you say a school, is it post primary or pre-primary? He can always renew the rent depending on the agreement he has with the landlord.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by kendraloops(f): 7:39am On Jun 02, 2015
GoldenDr:
when you say a school, is it post primary or pre-primary? He can always renew the rent depending on the agreement he has with the landlord.

sorry, its a pre-primary. There's not going to be any renewal as landlord says he'll need to use d building after 2 years. my concern is just about having to relocate after all the stress.

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (1042) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.