Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,017 members, 7,821,555 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2578587 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (1042) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 4:00pm On May 29, 2015
endtime1:

yes its true most of we so called graduates are reasons why most schools treat graduates unfairly. they always want to show oversabi imagine a chemistry graduate will be claiming I can teach physics ,further maths ,chemistry ,basic science,agric,biology, basic tech to mention a few
.if a graduate will muti task then how come will other graduates get job

Oh oh! Exactly my point. Then when they're given, they will now shout the internet down.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Evathyst(f): 5:48pm On May 29, 2015
artisticallyart:

My sister, welcome back. It quite disheartening the way graduates are treated in "mushroom schools" , no welfare, no safety and we are the mercy of the students. Have you not heard of schools where students write reports or give comments about teacher at the end of the term and the principal use it to crack jokes.
The annoying thing is that, some would prefer to die in silence than voice out. I do not give a hoot about the fact that most of my comrades (teachers) follow this thread discreetly... I for begin mention their names.

The examination malpractice is so annoying. My school would preach shun examination malpractice on the assembly but yet go on to practice it-double standard, you see them(teachers-married men plus those clerics) carrying textbooks (even teachers of the subjects) to give the correct answers to a particular questions, little wonder "standard schools" test you based on WAEC or G.C.E questions, which shows clearly the teacher is not qualified in the first instance.
I no go lie... I detest this profession because of what am seeing.
Please, return to source... Entrepreneur is the way, but since you like teaching.... Stick to it.
I think Prof.deserves an award for being resolute in his decision.

Anyway, how you dey, work, friends, and students? Hope to see you at the get together.
Meanwhile, change has come and it would sweep across our profession.
Lolz! Ur post aptly describes all that I have in mind as regards teaching profession.

Get together? Well, let's keep our fingers crossed sha. Will seek permission from my Oga @ the top. Honestly, will like to see many of you on this thread face to face.

And lastly, if you think visiting prof deserves an award for his show of resilience even in face of sack I guess it's because u don't know him. He has always been an 'Aluta' comrade from our days in the Univ. But all the same, I know of many graduates who would have swallowed that insult all in the name of 'Employment is scarce'.

Teaching profession indeed!

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Evathyst(f): 6:07pm On May 29, 2015
avicky:

My love , teaching is a calling and you must be passionate about it before you enjoy it. My dear, I have a slogan that "my placenta wasn't buried in any school ". So if you feel you're under paid, please move on.

Funny enough most graduates at the moment of being interviewed, over express themselves that they can teach all subjects and multitask. They won't stick to one or two subjects they are good in. When they resume and share the periods, they will cry foul. In my present school, though I can teach English, literature and French; I told them I can't teach literature but can teach English. And when I resumed, they wanted to shove it my way and I reminded them of my statements during the interview. And it was given to someone else. I teach only English now and for 3 classes with 12 period per week. So don't blow your trumpet. Don't say you can take all science subjects because the school at the end of the day will want to save money by dumping all the subjects on one person.

Dust and edit your c.v ,keep searching and you will definitely see the one you can enjoy

Cheer !
My one & only e-sister, yeah! Of course, one's placenta isn't buried in any particular school. But come to think of it, I'm still teaching somewhere, only contemplating quitting teaching profession for my make-up business.

But wait o, ain't you coming for the get-together? Or 'Daddy' wouldn't approve of it? wink

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by IDrock: 6:19pm On May 29, 2015
Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls, a school dedicated to educating the total person - intellectual, spiritually, socially, physically and emotionally. Our ultimate aim is to create a new cadre of confident female leaders who are committed to making a positive difference. We are recruiting to fill the below position: Job Title: Music/Drama Teacher Location: Abuja Requirements Certified Teachers only are preferred, with excellent teaching approach and 3+ years successful teaching experience. Must have experience teaching and tutoring Year 7-12 Outstanding expertise in specified subject and ability to provide effective experiential learning Enthusiastic and positive attitude, highly responsible; able to motivate and inspire learners. Responsible and passionate about teaching Able to help students with diverse educational backgrounds and learning abilities. Application Closing Date 5th June, 2015. Method of Application Interested and qualified candidates should please send their CV's and profiles to: info@noblehall.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 6:23pm On May 29, 2015
Evathyst:
My one & only e-sister, yeah! Of course, one's placenta isn't buried in any particular school. But come to think of it, I'm still teaching somewhere, only contemplating quitting teaching profession for my make-up business.

But wait o, ain't you coming for the get-together? Or 'Daddy' wouldn't approve of it? wink

My love, your makeup business should not hinder you from being fulfilled in your chosen career. I am sure the civil servants that don't have businesses or handwork in Osun state are regretting it because they have not been paid for 7months now. So don't abandon your makeup biz. But you can always change your school if you're not valued.

I will be there by God's grace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by IDrock: 6:25pm On May 29, 2015
Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls, a school dedicated to educating the total person - intellectual, spiritually, socially, physically and emotionally. Our ultimate aim is to create a new cadre of confident female leaders who are committed to making a positive difference. We are recruiting to fill the below position: Job Title: P E Teacher Location: Abuja Job Requirements Certified Teachers only are preferred, with excellent teaching approach and 3+ years successful teaching experience. Must have experience teaching (preferably, IGCSE) and tutoring Year 7-12 Outstanding expertise in specified subject and ability to provide effective experiential learning Enthusiastic and positive attitude, highly responsible; able to motivate and inspire learners. Responsible and passionate about teaching Able to help students with diverse educational backgrounds and learning abilities Application Closing Date 5th June, 2015. Method of Application Interested and qualified candidates should, please send their CV's and profiles to: info@noblehall.com Note: Must be a female.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by IDrock: 11:09pm On May 29, 2015
Haven Of Light Schools.
Located in a quiet serene neighborhood in Idunwele, Ewu, Esan Central LGA, Edo State. A full boarding institution for boys and girts, having standby power generators forthe entire compound.
Reliable internet connectivity.
Adequate buildings for classrooms, science laboratory, and home economics all enclosed within a see re fence wall. Own water borehole.
Security is provided by a professional security organization .

QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED

Academic: B.Sc. or B.A. in social sciences or technical subjects from any recognized university PLUS Post graduate qualification in Education
Experience: At least one year in the position of principal At least 5 years in the position of vice principal Must have at least 5 years in classroom teaching. Conversant with: IGCSE requirements Requirements for WASCE, NECO Curriculum development in-line with local and foreign requirements.
REPORTS: To the proprietor and the Board of Governors of the school.
Curriculum Vitae (CVs) are to be submitted at the school OR emailed to info@HavenOfLightSchools.com
The subject of the email must be "Application for the Position of Principal"
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 30, 2015
Home Teachers at Eduview Consulting

Eduview consulting is an educational organization that is based in Lagos, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position of:

Job Title: Home Teacher

Job Description
We currently require the services of qualified and experienced personnel in the following disciplines:
Mathematics
English Language
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Music
ICT
Accounts
Adult Education
Teachers of both Primary and Nursery classes

Requirements
Minimum qualification of an NCE.

Must be God fearing, hard working, proactive and interested in curriculum development.
Must be fluent in English Language.
Should have a passion for impacting knowledge.

Application Closing Date
26th June, 2015

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV's to: eduviewconsulting@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 7:00pm On May 30, 2015
ravensckar:
Been trying to keep mute on the aforementioned issue, but since u'r privy to their modus operandi permit me to break the ice. More so, he who does not speak, does not run the risk of letting his pipe out. I left Laureates College not because of the stress (cos I was able to absorb it comfortably) but because of the school's policy of prioritising their customers even at the detriment of their staff.

Imagine an SS3 girl telling me to my face that I'm a fool. I simply couldn't stomach it and so, I dealt with her appropriately by flogging her. Mind you, it wasn't the first time they will be forming 'gangster' for me, but all my previous diplomatic approaches were taken for granted. At that stage, I felt enough was no longer a feast, it was simply enough. So, the management in their usual 'pragmatic' way of handling issues decided to fire me. And guess what? I moved on without even apologising to anyone.

That's just what transpired Sir. If anyone had told you something differently, then, such a person is being economical with the truth. Lolz!

Most private schools whose owners are not teachers/educationists are fond of doing anything to keep their customers at the detriment of their workers. As a matter of fact, they rate their students higher than their human resources who are the teachers. To compound the woes of workers in the educational sector you will find out that most of the leaders ie principals and vice principals are not bold enough to correct the anomaly exhibited by their pay-masters or pay-mistresses.

A teacher in one of the biggest schools in Lagos reported a student who called him a fool, to the management of the school. Can you imagine that the management in their own wisdom, told the teacher that if he had not behaved like a fool the student would not have called him one.

Do you mean firing you is a pragmatic move? With that decision of the school, they would have succeeded in having three Biology teachers in one academic session. I should be given an award as the longest serving Biology/Agric science teacher in the school. I taught Biology and Agric Science for five years before becoming the VP.

I also resigned my appointment with them after staying their for 8 years, because it got to a stage when I could not stomach the insults and crazy expectations from top management.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 7:08pm On May 30, 2015
quadrey:

mr ravenskar, welcome to the laureates world of arbitrary management decisions!!.. as a former staff member and someone who has tasted the bitter fruits of lc's summary dismissal style of management; i feel you. Mr Lanre here by the way.

@ Lanre you have to thank God for everything, every worker should be prepared for the unexpected. Most of the people sacked or dismissed from lc in the last 4 years are definitely doing well for themselves compared to those who are still there.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 30, 2015
Hmmmmmm..... Thanks for the exposition.
manie:

Most private schools whose owners are not teachers/educationists are fond of doing anything to keep their customers at the detriment of their workers. As a matter of fact, they rate their students higher than their human resources who are the teachers. To compound the woes of workers in the educational sector you will find out that most of the leader ie principals and vice principals are not bold enough to correct the anomaly exhibited by their pay-masters or pay-mistresses.

A teacher in one of the biggest schools in Lagos reported a student who called him a fool, to the management of the school. Can you imagine that the management in their own wisdom, told the teacher that if he had not behaved like a fool the student would not have called him one.

Do you mean firing you is a pragmatic move? With that decision of the school, they would have succeeded in having three Biology teachers in one academic session. I should be given an award as the longest serving Biology/Agric science teacher in the school. I taught Biology and Agric Science for five years before becoming the VP.

I also resigned my appointment with them after staying their for 8 years, because it got to a stage when I could not stomach the insults and crazy expectations from top management.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 7:16pm On May 30, 2015
artisticallyart:

My sister, welcome back. It quite disheartening the way graduates are treated in "mushroom schools" , no welfare, no safety and we are the mercy of the students. Have you not heard of schools where students write reports or give comments about teacher at the end of the term and the principal use it to crack jokes.
The annoying thing is that, some would prefer to die in silence than voice out. I do not give a hoot about the fact that most of my comrades (teachers) follow this thread discreetly... I for begin mention their names.

The examination malpractice is so annoying. My school would preach shun examination malpractice on the assembly but yet go on to practice it-double standard, you see them(teachers-married men plus those clerics) carrying textbooks (even teachers of the subjects) to give the correct answers to a particular questions, little wonder "standard schools" test you based on WAEC or G.C.E questions, which shows clearly the teacher is not qualified in the first instance.
Please, return to source... Entrepreneur is the way, but since you like teaching.... Stick to it.

Anyway, how you dey, work, friends, and students? Hope to see you at the get together.

These problems are not limited to mushroom schools alone, it is also rampant in the so-called big schools.

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 7:26pm On May 30, 2015
artisticallyart:

What is your own definition of entrepreneurship? Is it impossible to build your entrepreneurial energy and ideas around your passion? Because she loves teaching does not mean she cannot monetize her passion and create money generating ideas from her passion.

But the problem is that in most cases, we are so consumed with the demands of the job that we do not have time to think for Change.

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by afynwa(f): 9:22pm On May 30, 2015
Is there any teaching vacancy along ojo-alaba axis?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 30, 2015
afynwa:
Is there any teaching vacancy along ojo-alaba axis?
Yes, there is.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 10:05pm On May 30, 2015
iyaaliyah:
Thanks much @avicky, I appreciate. Can she start attending the class before payment? M sorry to bother you, am not in that line at alll.

yes, she can.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Engrcharlesid(m): 10:11pm On May 30, 2015
PLS HELP ...LOOKING FOR VACANCY IN SKULS AROUND MILE 12 AND IKORODU AXIS ...MATHS N PHYSICS ....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 10:13pm On May 30, 2015
Wait o!!!!!! Una no go give feedback again. Engrchalesid, what happened I thought you were gainfully employed.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Engrcharlesid(m): 10:20pm On May 30, 2015
Sunnypar:
Wait o!!!!!! Una no go give feedback again. Engrchalesid, what happened I thought you were gainfully employed.
I NEED TO MAKE CHANGES OOO ...D PAY WERE I AM ...JUST TOO SMALL ....COMPARED TO WORK LOAD ....

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 7:44am On May 31, 2015
Engrcharlesid:
I NEED TO MAKE CHANGES OOO ...D PAY WERE I AM ...JUST TOO SMALL ....COMPARED TO WORK LOAD ....

Were you not informed about the pay and workload before you accepted the offer? I will advice you to plan against the next academic session, which is around September.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 8:10am On May 31, 2015
manie:

Were you not informed about the pay and workload before you accepted the offer? I will advice you to plan against the next academic session, which is around September.
How many private school would inform you about the workload besides some of us are teaching because of unemployment.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 10:48am On May 31, 2015
Sunnypar:
How many private school would inform you about the workload besides some of us are teaching because of unemployment.

What is the essence of the interview? If the job seeker cannot ask questions about his/her job description, conditions of service, workload, remuneration etc.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 10:58am On May 31, 2015
manie:

What is the essence of the interview? If the job seeker cannot ask questions about his/her job description, conditions of service, workload, remuneration etc.
For someone that has been unemployed for six monrhs, the individual just want a job to keep body and soul going irrespective of the pay and working conditions. Some ask questions but when you look at the number of months you have spent sitting at home, you will grab the job.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 10:59am On May 31, 2015
avicky:

My love , teaching is a calling and you must be passionate about it before you enjoy it. My dear, I have a slogan that "my placenta wasn't buried in any school ". So if you feel you're under paid, please move on.

Funny enough most graduates at the moment of being interviewed, over express themselves that they can teach all subjects and multitask. They won't stick to one or two subjects they are good in. When they resume and share the periods, they will cry foul. In my present school, though I can teach English, literature and French; I told them I can't teach literature but can teach English. And when I resumed, they wanted to shove it my way and I reminded them of my statements during the interview. And it was given to someone else. I teach only English now and for 3 classes with 12 period per week. So don't blow your trumpet. Don't say you can take all science subjects because the school at the end of the day will want to save money by dumping all the subjects on one person.

Dust and edit your c.v ,keep searching and you will definitely see the one you can enjoy

Cheer !

Any teacher that teaches 12 periods in a week is under utilised. The average number of periods approved by the Ministry of Education for a teacher is between 20 and 24 periods.

The only reason why school administrators will allow a teacher to teach 12 periods and below is when such a teacher is given other leadership or auxiliary responsibilities. Eg if you combine your teaching of English with Public relations/marketing roles.

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 11:07am On May 31, 2015
Sunnypar:
For someone that has been unemployed for six monrhs, the individual just want a job to keep body and soul going irrespective of the pay and working conditions. Some ask questions but when you look at the number of months you have spent sitting at home, you will grab the job.

Even at that nothing stops a job seeker from asking about his workload, he or she also need to ask people working in the school about the condition of service. I will never employ anybody who says he can teach maths, physics, CRS , Science etc.

Rather than picking up a job in April and start looking for another job in May, I will do my due diligence before accepting an offer. Job hopping by teachers is not in the best interest of the teacher, employer, students and parents

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 11:21am On May 31, 2015
avicky:

Cheer !

Unfortunately there is none you can enjoy, nobody can make us happy. The government, your employer, and friends cannot make you happy. You are the only one that can make yourself happy.

Love what you are doing.
Be very good at what you do.
Go the extra mile in whatever you do.
Be focused.
Have a target of how long you want to stay in the labour market.
Invest in yourself, develop good character and personality.
Start planning for your retirement or resignation on the first day you join the labour market.

When you do these, you will have confidence, happiness, peace of mind. This will make your colleagues and superiors to marvel at your PMA, you will also be surprised at the opportunities and possibilities that will be magnetised to you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by olajumoke12: 11:33am On May 31, 2015
pls help I need a teaching job around iyanaipaja or ikotun axis pls its urgent biology or agricultural science
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 1:16pm On May 31, 2015
Manie this you respond are apt but rather to late, because you are more experienced and we have always wanted such advice from experience hands. Anyways, thanks for the timely contribution and we look forward to hearing from you.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 1:17pm On May 31, 2015
olajumoke12:
pls help I need a teaching job around iyanaipaja or ikotun axis pls its urgent biology or agricultural science
what have you done? Submit your resume with schools within and around your vicinity.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Engrcharlesid(m): 2:32pm On May 31, 2015
manie:

yes am ..aware ..i need to move forward .....with d pay beta ....
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 3:16pm On May 31, 2015
Engrcharlesid:
yes am ..aware ..i need to move forward .....with d pay beta ....

How long have you worked at your present place of work?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by olajumoke12: 3:29pm On May 31, 2015
Sunnypar:
what have you done? Submit your resume with schools within and around your vicinity.

tanx ave done that

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (1042) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.