Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,838 members, 7,828,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2580847 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (1042) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 4:54am On Jul 28, 2015
ravensckar:
Party? Hmmnnn? Lemme just pause here, will comment my reserve at the appropriate time.
You'd had better comment o!!!
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 4:56am On Jul 28, 2015
avicky:

Lmao grin. Baba dan see say igboro ko rerin.
There is little or no cash in circulation. Nigerians are not smilings. Even, Boss manie advised someone not to marry with 50k...... It is not easy to be a man...it takes more that thing in between our legs.

4 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 4:57am On Jul 28, 2015
utchvikky:
Hmm,you should av ask for reason(s) dat is/are hampering the party b4 makng conclucions.they re serious issues dat need collective attention.
Has it been resolved?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 4:58am On Jul 28, 2015
queenex:
which skuls? I stay @ Awoyaya
You see the way feedback has made you to get some vital information. It will also be good if you do the same. Good morning.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 4:59am On Jul 28, 2015
bettydee:

Am OK jare, school is fine, just that am still looking for something better. As for space for my school, na money factor dey delay o.
Make we do collaboration now.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 5:02am On Jul 28, 2015
SilverliningTut:

It was a primary school, though I thought it was a secondary. I was given maths n english test with micro teaching. I've been invited for the second face of the interview though
congratulations. The job is yours.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 5:04am On Jul 28, 2015
TiffanyJ:
Goodmorning everyone. I just finished serving and in need of a job. Can anyone help me with vacancies in Kaduna? Thanks
We usually advise that you drop your resume in schools of your choice in you area and give us feedback.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 5:06am On Jul 28, 2015
saxoholic1:
please who knows any secondary school in PortHarcourt that got Vacancies?? info needed..... thanks
Yes, not all schools in that region advertise, but drop your resume in any school of your choice in your area. All the best.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 5:07am On Jul 28, 2015
tudej:
In respect to those that are interested in IGCSE ,well I was there today and I must say I was disappointed because I just couldn't get for my subject which is English... When I asked again, the lady said intact igcse has been stopped.

I noticed that other applicants came in respect of IELTS.
A very big hug for a job well done.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 5:09am On Jul 28, 2015
Sunnypar:
VACANCIES FOR TEACHERS AT PROFESSIONAL HOME TUTORING SERVICES, CALABAR
Professional Home Tutoring services is an educational organization that is based in Abuja and Calabar. As a result of our ongoing expansion exercise, we currently require the services of qualified and experienced personnel in the following disciplines:
▷ Mathematics
▷ English Language
▷ Physics
▷ Chemistry
▷ Biology
▷ Music
▷ ICT
▷ Accounts and
▷ Teachers of both Primary and Nursery classes

Requirements
▷ Minimum qualification of an NCE
▷ Must be hard working, proactive and interested in curriculum development
▷ Must be fluent in English Language
▷ Should have a passion for impacting knowledge

Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CVs to:
Saint_emma@yahoo.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 5:16am On Jul 28, 2015
Sunnypar:
Rainnate Group of Schools at 32, Olatunji str., Ilaje, Bariga

Mopetwins Pry., Sch., at 1 Unity str., Ilaje, Bariga

Cornerstone Pry school at 8, Laula Ibrahim, Ilaje, Bariga.

19-23 Alfa Aminu str., Pedro, Somolu needs Chemistry teachers

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 5:19am On Jul 28, 2015
A farmer once took an egg from an eagle's nest. He took it and placed it under one his hens and it hatched with a little brood of chickens. The farmer raised the bird with great patience and attempted to tame him. The eagle never really seemed to fit in with the chickens. It always walked alone; it could not seem to relate to or interact with the chickens.

As the eagle grew, he realised something seemed to be wrong deep inside of him. Even though if had never known my other existence but life in the chicken yard, it just did not feel like home to him. He wanted to leave the chicken yard and take to the skies. He even tried to do so, and the farmer finally had to clip his wings to keep him from flying away.

Since the eagle could not fly, he just sat in the chicken yard looking up at the sky. One day a storm began to brew, the sky grew dark, and all the barnyard animal scurried around for cover; the chickens were terribly frightened, as chickens are prone to be. The eagle sat watching the scene in front of him, realising the storm did not frighten him in the least.

At the moment, he could not help but stretch out his wings, and as he did, he noticed that the farmer had failed to keep them clipped. Suddenly, his eyes caught sight of a great eagle riding the wind above him, his wings outstretched in majestic form.

The eagle that was raised as a chicken looked again at the chickens scurrying around frantically, them returned his gaze to the eagle soaring peacefully above him, them looked backed at the chickens and then ve at the eagle again. He heard the eagle let out an awesome, piercing cry. In that instant, he knew he had to get out of that chicken yard! A mighty gush of wind swept beneath his outstretched wings and lifted him into the air. With a shrill scream of victory and freedom, he left the barnyard forever. Adapted from
Joyce Meyer's book Never Give Up!

I started out as a cleaner in 2011. Nobody knew I was a cleaner. I dressed corporately to work, one would have thought I worked in a big company. I did the job as if my life depended on it, I was paid a paltry 12k. If I am not mistaken, I submitted more than a thousand copies of cv's I even finished eighty leaves higher education exercise book. The truth is, it is strangers than would help you!
I was frustrated, I no get chick, no cash and no swagg. I opted out for a security job. One fateful day, the boss had issues with meeting a deadline for an assignment, he gave me part of the job to do, I did it well with his pc, he was amazed. I got a raise to 35k. Along the line, his friend wanted a computer teacher for his 10 year old child, I was able to teach him to the best of my abilities, earning 55k plus my security work. Hustle is real. To be continued.

But today the story has changed.
Good morning.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 5:21am On Jul 28, 2015
This is a follow up to my post above as regards salaries of teachers in "specific location".
Negotiation is key to getting the needed salary, although preference is given to B.ed gradutes because that is their terrain. More often that not, they are paid the same with other degree holders. A "few"schools pay them a little above other degree holders.

P.S. Schools that are starting CANNOT pay you the needed salary. Some would increase your salary as the number of pupils increase, though there are exceptions especially for schools in highbrow areas and A'level or sixth form schools.

1. Ikorodu- Bayoku 15k-22k(Likewise in Uwelu, Barrack and after the Airforce barracks in Benin, Edo State).
2. Bariga- Somolu 28-30k depending on your qualifications;
3. Festac & Apapa- 45-65k depending on your qualifications;
4. Lekki-80k- 95k depending on your experiences, professional certifications and qualifications;
5. Gbagada-50k depending on qualifications;
6. Anthony- 50k depending on the school and location experience counts a lot;
7. Akute-Ajuwon Axis- 35-45k depending on the location, qualification and experience. Most of them usually have high turnover of teacher.... that leaves much to be desire (visit some post on pages 1-23).
8. Ipaja- 30-40k depending on location, qualification and experience... some are ready to give you accommodation.
9. Ayobo along Redemption camp-18k-28k(Not all schools in that location would pay such)
10. Jabi(Abuja)- it depends on the school & location.

I also sympathise with school owners because they spend a lot, the reason they set up the business is to provide services at acceptable profit and reduce cost to the bearest minimum.

WARNING: This is not to say that you cannot bargain below or above the stated figures above. I STRONGLY advice you do your findings so as to ascertain what is obtainable in the location above.

Please update the above to assist those that would like to move.
Thanks

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 5:27am On Jul 28, 2015
I have been a member of this thread for some time now and have observed the trends, comics, job ads, relief and a few intellectual advice.

Teachers are the moulders of "our" future.

Observation:

1. Golden Dr., is an extra-ordinary person in the sense that he started this thread and has kept it going for almost a year despite challenges(because he was off the thread for sometime) . He offered to some very useful tips, words of advice,words of encouragement and how to go about the teaching interviews(Prof. Gday is also a member).

Some others later joined such as Pastordoalone, Ninilowo, DoveQueen ( they have since disappeared), givemejoy, artisticallyart, Prof Gday, not forgetting our own xtfield, manie, avicky and a few others.

2. Feedback is necessary in everything and anything we do. it determines decision making process , which could make it delayed or faster for individuals or corporate organisation. Many find it difficult to do this. Thanks to the fellow who posted pictures of a school and dilapidated structures and advertised it was a "reputable" school.... That is feedback. Most persons knew the next step to follow.

3.Some persons are just unfair, even after going through pages of newspapers for job ads, they find it difficult to share.... that to me is wickedness and heartlessness, YES!!! because the job maybe far away from you and someone could be close to where the job is.

4. Some that are far away from the "action" (where the jobs are concentrated) should do as the experts on this thread have suggested.

5. Typographical error should be discouraged for a teacher or would-be teacher on this thread (mediocrity should be discouraged) grammatical constructions and punctautions such as full stop, commas e.t.c are VERY important.

Suggestions:
it is good we have a forum like this and a thread solely for the teachers.

1. Feedback cannot be over- emphasized. Please do give feedback when necessary.

2. When you see a job ad that you know you are far from it, please post it.

3. It would not be a bad idea if we have individuals from say Gombe, Bayelsa, Zaria and the likes dropping teaching jobs in that region.

4. If each one can reach one, each one can teach one- Charles 'B'.

5. it would not be a bad idea if we know the salary range of schools within "specific" locations within a region like Lekki, Ajah, Badore, Ikorodu, Festac, Orile, Ringroad, Sabon geri,Ugbowo, Dugbe, Kubuwa, Kabba e.t.c by doing,it will save us a lot.

6. Ensure you read, re-read and read you post before posting, for crying out loud there is the modify button.

Thank you.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Funpeter: 6:29am On Jul 28, 2015
Good morning house, may the lord bless our hustle. Thanks sunnypar for those words of encouragement.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 8:51am On Jul 28, 2015
Sunnypar:
There is little or no cash in circulation. Nigerians are not smilings. Even, Boss manie advised someone not to marry with 50k...... It is not easy to be a man...it takes more that thing in between our legs.

grin. It is well.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 8:52am On Jul 28, 2015
GoldenDr:
Yes, I have, but yet to collect it. Do you sleep at all? Oh! I forgot......examination is around the corner.

Lol. Jacking tins. wink
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by queenex(f): 9:21am On Jul 28, 2015
Sunnypar:
You see the way feedback has made you to get some vital information. It will also be good if you do the same. Good morning.
@ sunnypar,gdmorning.....noted.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by yuskanovic(m): 9:30am On Jul 28, 2015
Good day my fellow teachers, am presently working as a teacher here in Lagos and professional development is key in any field nowadays. Pls i need information on how to go about obtaining professional training/certification in IGCSE. Thanks.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by masties2(f): 9:54am On Jul 28, 2015
Concord School Is Recruiting For Teachers In Various Subject - JobMaxi
http://www.jobmaxi.com/2015/07/concord-school-is-recruiting-for-teachers-in-various-subject/

I saw this thru a friend and it looks quite good. Location is Ibadan.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by masties2(f): 10:09am On Jul 28, 2015
Bimma college Isheri Oshun, before Ijegun is in need of teachers. Specifically secondary school teachers to teach

English language
Science subjects
Yoruba language

N.B The pay is not much and be prepared to teach more than one subject. Payment is prompt though.
I am posting this for those close to the area who need training and experience.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by kendraloops(f): 10:42am On Jul 28, 2015
masties2, thanks for that isheri oshun vacancy u posted. I've sent it to a fellow who lives there, if she decides to give it a shot, I'll post feedback.

seunkeji5, have you gone to Pacific? Would have applied too but its quite a distance from my house. Let's get feedback please.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by seunkeji5(f): 11:24am On Jul 28, 2015
kendraloops:
masties2, thanks for that isheri oshun vacancy u posted. I've sent it to a fellow who lives there, if she decides to give it a shot, I'll post feedback.

seunkeji5, have you gone to Pacific? Would have applied too but its quite a distance from my house. Let's get feedback please.
No I have not, do you mean the Akure campus
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by felai: 11:45am On Jul 28, 2015
GoldenDr:
Felai.......good morning.

Checking my mention and seeing the Oga himself mentioning me.
Thanks for the honour.
Wishing u a Lovely day sir
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by nitane25(f): 12:35pm On Jul 28, 2015
I gv kudos to d admins of ds thread n evry oda person contributing immensely.........I don show again o, I stay in ojo badagry expresway and I need a teaching job dt doesn't pay 25k n below ......areas within satellite, abule ado, abule osun, ojo, igando, or iyana ipaja (if ders accomodation) pls I tk God beg una.....drop infos..... I hv 2yrs + experience. Currently teaching but its nt paying well oooo. Save a sis yal . I rily need to change ds summer, next term, or d next.. Plsssssss..... God wil cntinue2help us oo

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by nitane25(f): 12:36pm On Jul 28, 2015
I gv kudos to d admins of ds thread n evry oda person contributing immensely.........I don show again o, I stay in ojo badagry expresway and I need a teaching job dt doesn't pay 20K" n below ......areas within. satellite, abule ado, abule osun, ojo, igando, or. iyana ipaja (if ders accomodation) pls I tk God beg una.....drop infos..... I hv 2yrs + experience. Currently teaching but its nt paying well oooo. Save a sis yal . I rily need to change ds summer, next term, or d next.. Plsssssss..... God wil cntinue2help us oo
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by toolar(f): 12:40pm On Jul 28, 2015
Please anyone wit information pertaining vacancies in secondary schools around Ogba Ikeja as home economis/food and nutrition teacher. Thnks looking forward to a quick response
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by kendraloops(f): 12:52pm On Jul 28, 2015
seunkeji5:
No I have not, do you mean the Akure campus
yes
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by seunkeji5(f): 12:54pm On Jul 28, 2015
kendraloops:

yes
OK am yet to go there, do you know any oda sch recruiting in Akure?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by nellyquash(f): 12:55pm On Jul 28, 2015
[b][/b] please can i get a secretary job in a school? preferable port-harcourt.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by masties2(f): 1:01pm On Jul 28, 2015
toolar:
Please anyone wit information pertaining vacancies in secondary schools around Ogba Ikeja as home economis/food and nutrition teacher. Thnks looking forward to a quick response

I heard Corona college needs Home Economic teacher. Check for the link a few pages back.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by kendraloops(f): 2:19pm On Jul 28, 2015
seunkeji5:

OK am yet to go there, do you know any oda sch recruiting in Akure?

Hmm, no I don't. But you could try these schools: Impact, Wexford college Oba-Ile, Becky Parker, mummy's place, emplace college.

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (1042) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.