Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,559 members, 7,823,456 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2579452 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (1042) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 04, 2015
MzteejaY:
I must really commend the OP and everyone who has been contributing to the thread so far. Please can someone help me with names of schools in portharcout and their addresses? Thanks. smiley

MODIFIED: OK I just saw @GoldenDr 's post on page 150. Thanks.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by queenex(f): 8:04pm On Aug 04, 2015
manie:

Compare an averge Ghananian newscaster with an average Nigerian newscaster, or an average Ghananian actor to an average Nigerian doctor.
They r incomparable....dont u watch ghanaian movies? Compare it urself
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
manie:

I am not highly educated, but i know i speak better English than an average Ghanaian. I am also of the opinion that the education received in Nigeria is more functional than that of Ghana
The bolded. What parameter was use it n arriving at the bolded. Why have Nigerians resorted to tertiary education in Ghana than in Nigeria? Is that not a pointer to the fact that their educational system is functional than ours?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 04, 2015
upload111:

This is a very sensitive situation. Its normal on the student side though to have crushes on their teacher and sometimes(if not most times) the student tends to study more n improve in dat subject dat their teacher-crush teaches. But then its the teachers responsibility to handle the situation carefully.
If its d male dat is d student n a female teacher..-its somewhat easier as most teenage boys may not b bold enough to walk up to their teacher and say things.. But if they do, there r still tins u could do but I wud leave dat for anoda discussion since in dis case its female students to male teacher(correct me if am wrong)
Well !permit me to say dats it more common for a female student having a crush on a male teacher dan it is for a male student on a female teacher. Anyway..back to d matter.. No need to start stating how to know if a female student has a crush on a teacher ,cos am sure u already know. d question is how the teacher should respond..these are a few suggestions below.
Sometimes d student(female) may b bold enough to ask you in class if you are married or whether u have a girlfriend..if u answer yes, this sometimes can put them off n return them to the normal teacher-student relationship but on d other hand it can sometimes instigate jealousy. So using smart replies like "No I am not married but I am too old to marry u" or "yes I hav a girlfriend or wife and oh!! So u would like to marry an old man??" This can get the class laffing n order would b restored..
Most times students may hav what I call "innocent crush"" where they only want to b around u n hear u talk or b in a class where u teach.. Dat one is usually harmless..
Another point is refrain urself from giving out personal information to the students like ur Id on social media e.g facebook, whatsapp,bbm etc.. And information on age or marriage etc.. Jus tell dem dats personal info and you don't like to give out personal information..
There is much more I can write but I don dey tire to type jare... If u r on whatsapp pm me your number and we cud discuss more on the issue and also
@Goldendr n all the rest..this one topic we should trash out at d "get-together".. Abi how una c am..?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 04, 2015
manie:

Try and be friendly with security-men, cleaners or drivers in the school if you do not know any teacher in the school, you can also make friends with people who know people working in the school.

Mind you the labour market is now very competitive, it will be very good if you have the needed information about the organisation you want to work.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 04, 2015
MamaDDD:
The NTI lagos chapter is at ogba. Go to any keystone bank and pay 2350 for application form. U will be given a pin to fill ur form on nti portal which is www.ntionline.org and print 2 copies. Later, an admissions letter will be sent to you. Pay ur school fee and fill ur form.After filling, print 2 copies. Take it to ayedere junior high school, kosofe to be signed by d center manager on a Saturday. After it has been signed, take it to ogba to be signed and u'l be given ur modules. I finished my programme last year December. Best of luck
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 04, 2015
IDrock:
Keystone Private College
2/3 Lalupon Close
Off Keffi Street
S/W Ikoyi
Lagos
Telephone:08076804031...is recruitin for various subjects: mathematics, basic science, basic tech, econs, account...if ure in close proximity, go and apply...goodluck
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 04, 2015
Career Dimensions is a renowned Education Consulting firm incorporated in Nigeria in 2007 as a limited liability company (RC: 849688). We have consistently matched talents with available opportunities in various career dimensions in Nigeria and across the world.

We are looking for highly qualified Full Time and Part-time -Teachers in Arts and Sciences to fill the position of:

Job Title: Full-Time and Part-Time Instructor

Locations: Lagos, Abuja, Port-Harcourt and Ibadan

Responsibilities

Candidates must demonstrate teaching, counseling and coaching competences in any chosen subject area.
Candidates should be able to prepare students for any of the following exams or skill acquisition: Montessori Learning, Common entrance exams; Students with Learning Disability; Jss 3 Final Exams; WAEC; Cambridge/A Levels; JAMB and Post Jamb examinations;
Kindly indicate specific areas of specialization. Candidates that can teach or coach students in two or more subjects are highly encouraged to apply.

Education Qualification

B.Sc or B.Ed in any discipline

Remunerations and Benefits

Part-Time : N3, 850.00 for 2 hours session per day
Full-Time: N4,000.00 for 4 hours of 2 sessions per day plus other employment benefits

Application Closing Date
13th August, 2015.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications stating their preferred location, subject area/s and with an option of full or part-time application to: info@careerdimensions.com.ng A cover letter on how acquired skills and experience can match the position applied for is also required
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
GoldenDr:
A reputable school along Odonla Ikorodu axis is in need of teachers in the following subject: Biology, Chemistry,
Economics, Social studies and
English language. Forward your CV to xpsschools@gmail.com or
call 08090972884,
08023308669 for more info.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
GoldenDr:
A private home tutor is needed urgently to handle English, Mathematics and
Physics.
Applicant should have 1-3 years experience in teaching.
Time: 3 times a week, 2hrs per period.
Remuneration: N28k
Interested applicant should forward CV to
adhazor@gmail.com using the email subject 'Festac Tutor'
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 04, 2015
GoldenDr:
TEACHERS NEEDED!
High flyers are urgently
needed to fill vacant positions
in a new school located in
Igando area of Lagos.
The ideal candidates should
have a minimum Second Class
Lower degree in Education
from a recognized university
with at least 2 years
experience spent working in a
reputable school. Self-assured
National Certificate of
Education holders can also
apply. A good knowledge of
early childhood education
with emphasis on 2-5 years
age range is an advantage.
· Nursery Teachers
· Music Teacher (Part Time)
· Fine Arts Teacher (Part Time)
· Receptionist
· Class assistants
· Cleaners
Interested candidates should
send CV and cover letter,
headlined by the preferred
position to
kingshipacademy@gmail.com.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 04, 2015
manie:

Teaching more than 25 periods in a week will definitely affect the efficiency of a teacher who teaches in a secondary school.

As per the salary paid by schools and other small business owners, I can tell you that the business environment in Nigeria is very hostile and we all have to respect entrepreneurs who against all odds decided to create value, render services, make products and generate employment opportunities for job seekers.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 8:37pm On Aug 04, 2015
artisticallyart:

The bolded. What parameter was use it n arriving at the bolded. Why have Nigerians resorted to tertiary education in Ghana than in Nigeria? Is that not a pointer to the fact that their educational system is functional than ours?

Nigerians students are everywhere, go to Gambia, Sierria Leone, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Asia, Europe, America.
The problem with our Institutions of higher learning is their low carrying capacity compared to those who desire and are qualified for higher education.
I think our Universities can only admit about 15% of the qualified candidates, the alternative is for them to seek admission elsewhere.
When I said our education is more functional, find out the percentage of Nigerian trained graduate enterpreneurs in Ghana, compared to the number of Ghana trained entrepreneurs.
An average young Ghananian will prefer to work in a Nigerian owned enterprise like Glo, GTB, UBA, Zinox, UAC subsidiary, Oando, Coscharis etc just to mention a few.

I rate the functionality of education received, on the ability of recepients of education to create opportunities, possibilities, wealth for themselves and others.

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 8:41pm On Aug 04, 2015
sherryshitt:

shocked Am doing good, thanks to God. Just wanna begin my hunt ds week, my brother helped in listing out schools around our area(Ebute-metta to Yaba).But please, do I attach my credentials too or just cv and cover letter? Thanks in anticipation

As artiscally has said ,attach evry evry..u can not tell, u may jus get to a school n they ask u of it.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 8:41pm On Aug 04, 2015
queenex:
Wole Soyinka n co make how many percentage of nigerians? We r talking of nigerians n ghanaians generally. Go n listen to d average ghanaian man speak n den u compare....nt you picking d likes of Chimamanda. Compare urself also wit d average ghanaian. My dear,lets get done wit dis.....its incomparable.

Do we have the likes of Wole Soyinka or Chimamanda in Ghana who can compete with our own WS and others?

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 04, 2015
Please, for jobs refer to page 100-150. Thank you.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 8:44pm On Aug 04, 2015
avicky:

I am currently working on my thesis and it's about the prejudice of Ghanaian English over Nigerian English.

So I will like to use your comment in my data. I need your permission.

In your opinion, do you think Ghanaians speak standard English better than Nigerians?

Cc artisticallyart
Upload111
Manie
Evathyst
Ravensckar
GoldenDr

I don't think ghanians speak better english than nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by rezzy: 8:48pm On Aug 04, 2015
My former principal is a Ghanaian. As the principal, he drew many students to the school because of the way he speaks i.e students from Chris land, white dove and others.

There was another 2 Ghanaians. 1, a graduate that speaks some how and 2, a support staffer that speaks well (she has just jss 3 result).

So a day came, I was forced to ask my then principal how come that support staff speaks better than the other graduate.

He said it depends on the region one comes from. He also said that even a primary school drop out will still speak well if he is from that particular region that has that intonation (can't remember what he actually called it)

I don't really fancy their English. Sometimes, they have this mother tongue interference I.e fre fre fre

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by chrisdenis01: 8:51pm On Aug 04, 2015
English teachers please help.........QUESTION OF THE DAY!
Why is "give HER HER Book" CORRECT
And
"Give HIM HIM book" WRONG?
#smiles
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by biggal: 9:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
Lagos ppl una too much how I wish ph ppl will learn from u guys to help in posting schools vacancies
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by lacum: 9:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
GoldenDr:
Amen International Secondary School Ihiala Crescent

Success Comprehensive Secondary School Amalim Owerri Okigwe Road

Umulolo Boys Secondary School Umuokpara Oha Road

City College Okpara Road

Aquinas Secondary School Okigwe-Owerri Road

Excellent Foundation Christian School Excellent Foundation Avenue, owerri
Marianna Secondary School Enugu / Port Harcourt Express Road, owerri.

The above are schools in owerri.
thank you
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by lacum: 9:38pm On Aug 04, 2015
upload111:

Nice but also get a critic to look at ur cv for u..u gotta package ur cv well before u send or drop it in places
i do dat with my elder bro but mayb i will send it to you to help me too
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 9:43pm On Aug 04, 2015
lacum:

i do dat with my elder bro but mayb i will send it to you to help me too
No prob
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 04, 2015
lacum:

thank you
You welcome.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 10:11pm On Aug 04, 2015
artisticallyart:
What do you mean by highly educated? Is it because they have won awards recognised internationally? Hmmmm what is your criteria?

The criteria i used is because the uneducated speak Nigerian English and not the British received pronunciation. That doesn't mean you and I can't speak standard English.

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 10:14pm On Aug 04, 2015
queenex:
wit all dis reasons u r giving,y den wud u say our english here is beta off?

The British does not insert the central vowel 4 in alll their words but the Ghanaians do, that's why it is perceived that they speak better but in reality Nigerians speak correctly the British English the way we received it.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Ronie24(f): 10:56pm On Aug 04, 2015
Is dis offer still available? Am askin cos I stay close to Ogba[quote author=artisticallyart post=36587383][/quote]
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by abdussalam(m): 1:00am On Aug 05, 2015
avicky:

I am currently working on my thesis and it's about the prejudice of Ghanaian English over Nigerian English.

So I will like to use your comment in my data. I need your permission.

In your opinion, do you think Ghanaians speak standard English better than Nigerians?

Ghanaians don't necessarily fare better than Nigerians in English. We need to note that certain local languages in each of the countries have phonetic configuration close to BrE. So, no need generalising all English spoken by a Nigerian or a Ghanaian.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by morrygreat: 4:37am On Aug 05, 2015
GoldenDr:
Amen International Secondary School
Ihiala Crescent

Success Comprehensive Secondary School Amalim
Owerri Okigwe Road

Umulolo Boys Secondary School
Umuokpara Oha Road

City College
Okpara Road

Aquinas Secondary School
Okigwe-Owerri Road

Excellent Foundation Christian School
Excellent Foundation Avenue, owerri

Marianna Secondary School
Enugu / Port Harcourt Express Road, owerri.

The above are schools in owerri.
WEldon sir, please any teaching vacancy in Ilorin? Base in ph but am ready to relocate there. Thanks. God bless you
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:39am On Aug 05, 2015
An International School Comprising of Secondary, Primary and Nursery Schools in the Lagos axis has the following vacancies.

HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES (GROUP)

Job Type
Full Time
QualificationBA/BSc/HND  
Experience 5 years
Location Lagos
Job Field Administration / Secretarial   Human Resources / HR  

Qualification: Minimum of First Degree while a higher degree and or Professional qualification(s) will be an added advantage. 
Experience: Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar function/role

HEAD OF SCHOOL (PRIMARY/NURSERY)

Job Type: Full Time
QualificationBA/BSc/HND  
Experience 5 years
Location Lagos
Job Field Administration / Secretarial   Education / Teaching  

Qualification: B.Sc, B.A Education, a higher degree or Montessori Certificate will be an added advantage 
Experience: Minimum of 5 years experience as Head of School 

HOUSE PARENTS (SECONDARY SCHOOL)

QualificationBA/BSc/HND  
Experience 5 years
Location Lagos
Job Field Administration / Secretarial   Education / Teaching  

Qualification: B.Sc B.A or HND. A Higher Degree or Professional Certificate will be an added advantage 
Experience: Minimum of 5 years relevant experience

HEAD OF FINANCE / ACCOUNTS (GROUP)
QualificationBA/BSc/HND  
Experience 3 years

Qualification: B.Sc or HND Accounting. ACA will be an added advantage. 
Experience: Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a similar position. 

Method of Application

Interested candidate should forward their application and C.V. to: 

THE ADVERTISER, 
P. O. BOX 74439, 
Victoria Island, Lagos.

Within 2 weeks of this advertisement
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 05, 2015
morrygreat:

WEldon sir, please any teaching vacancy in Ilorin? Base in ph but am ready to relocate there. Thanks. God bless you
Yes, there are teaching vacancies in Ilorin, but why do you want to relocate and I think you need to be on ground should in case you are invited for an interview.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 05, 2015
Igosun Road, Offa, Kwara State, Nigeria+234(0)8085855324, +234(0)8062518757, +234(0)8073645759
http://adesoyecollege.org
Adesoye College is a co-educational college for junior and senior secondary education.

Chapel Secondary School

University Road Tanke, Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria(+234) 803 604 2286
http://chapelsecsch.com Write a Review
Chapel Secondary School is a co-educational christian secondary school in Ilorin.

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (1042) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.