Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (813) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2578518 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) ... (1042) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Mike4S: 7:18am On Feb 28, 2018
WHY YOU DID NOT GET THAT JOB DESPITE PUTTING THE BEST EFFORT.

You should know that most private schools are not after who knows it most. So don't worry yourself for not being considered in that interview. Most proprietors need those who can meet their demands, so they always surround themselves with people that will stroke up their ego as they need occasional blandishment.
Below are some reasons why you did not get that teaching job even after putting up an excellent performance:

1. Most external exam officers are not immune from bribery: What a travesty of education! This particular trend has contributed to the negligence of those teachers that are experienced enough. This is because criminal-minded exam officers collect bribe from schools and open way for exam malpractice. The proprietors who rely on such exam officers don't care if you finished first class. To them anybody can do it provided the right answer is supplied to the students during exams.

2. Fear of your threatening profile: Opportunities are always open for experienced and brilliant teachers. This has made proprietors to doubt the durability of such teachers. Fear of short stay which parents always complain about may cause the rejection of the best performers in an interview.

3. Laissez faire attitude of TRCN: Despite the public's cries for TRCN investigation into the trends in Nigerian education, the body's response has been slow and piecemeal at best. Suffice it to say that correcting the 'all comers affair' syndrome that most proprietors have branded teaching is not the major thrust of the Teachers' Ruling Council of Nigeria (TRCN). This body has not been doing its primary duties which is separating 'made' teachers from 'born' teachers. This negligence has empowered many proprietors to throw open teaching to every Dick, Tom and Harry. You know what that mean. Those who the owner choose are the one they employ irrespective of their execrable performance.

4. Your rectitude of moral: If you quibble on moral ground during your interview, some proprietors may be worried on how you can cooperate when it comes to number one above. Don't forget that teachers are allowed to conduct exams alongside WAEC/NECO exam officers. Those who are on duty with the exam officers are the ones to supply the 'expo' and you that is the subject master will be the one to prepare the 'expo.' They will ask you some tricky questions to test if you can partake in such shady deal. Such question cannot be direct but it is known with the popular bible verse that says "by their fruit we shall know them." You know you must exude confidence if you hope to succeed in an interview and you cannot do it without saying who you are. When you are faced with an ethical dilemma of either lying or saying the truth, if you are the upright type you will always go for the former. So your ingenuous habit of constantly telling the truth can deny you that job if the proprietor is the type that hates truth.
An example of such question is when you are constantly asked how many passed under your tutelage in the external exam they took.

This is not to say that it is obtainable in every private secondary school. It is based on my experience on the interviews I had honoured before.

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by GeoSpatial(m): 9:50am On Feb 28, 2018
nickie:
ADVANCED BREED COMPREHENSIVE COLLEGE. AJALA BUS STOP, OJOKORO, LAGOS STATE.
VACANCY Mathematics Geography Technically drawing
The school is seeking individuals who are qualified to teach in those areas.
Contact information 002348066811105 or 002347036694438.
Pls what is the pay like
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Pojomojo: 5:19pm On Feb 28, 2018
A reputable Montessori School in Ikorodu has a vacancy for the post of a HEAD TEACHER.

Requirement:
B.Ed
Minimum of 5 years Post Nysc experience as a Head Teacher or Head of Admin.
Must be a computer savvy
Must be well spoken
Excellent human relation skill
Qualified for this post? Send CV to info@zytoonschool.com and Visit
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Samtobh(m): 7:40pm On Feb 28, 2018
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 01, 2018
A reputable leading educational institution located in Lagos State, which offers its services to a global network of clientele, seeks to urgently employ the services of experienced personnel to fill the position below:

Job Title: House Parent (Male & Female)

Required Qualifications & Qualities
Candidates must be qualified teaching practitioners with at least 3 years post qualifications cognate experience.
Candidates must be born again Christians, spiritually and morally sound and demonstrate high integrity.
Considerable fortitude, resilience, patience, and a well developed work ethic.
Application Closing Date
8th March, 2018.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and Cover letter to: edurecruit2018@gmail.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 01, 2018
A reputable leading educational institution located in Lagos State, which offers its services to a global network of clientele, seeks to urgently employ the services of experienced personnel to fill the position below:

Job Title: School Guidance & Counselor

Required Qualifications & Qualities
Minimum of first Degree in related discipline. Masters' qualification will be an advantage, with minimum of 3 years cognate experience in similar position.
A good listener and demonstrated empathy with the problems of others, is a necessary quality.
Application Closing Date
8th March, 2018.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and Cover letter to: edurecruit2018@gmail.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by sunnymighty(m): 4:59am On Mar 02, 2018
If you are a Special Educator, preferably a MALE with a passion for working with children and young adults with special needs, send ur CV to sunnysideofme74@yahoo.com.
Experience: A year and above
Job Location: Lagos
Note: This is urgent,this post is also residential.
Call 08060801000 for more details.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Jcob(m): 9:43am On Mar 02, 2018
Any vocational /Yoruba teacher (full or part time) around Mowe axis should pm Me
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Shollyjay90(m): 1:43pm On Mar 02, 2018
Are u in Ibadan, do u need an extra income as a graduate or corper,can you teach any of these subjects, Maths, English language, Literatue, Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Further Mathematics.
kindly whatsapp me on 0-7-0-3-2-2-4-9-6-5-2.
Note- You will only come twice in a week to teach the students at ur convenient time.
Corpers are strongly advise to apply.
The tutorial centre is located along Orita Aperin road.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 6:52am On Mar 03, 2018
Ossaifamous:

A bsc accounting my dear will teach accounting better than most B.ed

Says who? You are what they call 'cheaters' and not teachers. It's better you go for a pgde to be trained on the rudiments of education. Teaching has its certifications too you know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:41am On Mar 03, 2018
avicky:

Says who? You are what they call 'cheaters' and not teachers. It's better you go for a pgde to be trained on the rudiments of education. Teaching has its certifications too you know.

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooool, u sound like the lecturers at UNILAG PGDE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Baruwaaaaa(m): 12:38pm On Mar 03, 2018
Please I need information on IGCSE certification(biology).someone wants to help me through a school,but demands that I pay 50k,the problem is I have not meet the person one on one.He said I should send money online that he will give me login details.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Baruwaaaaa(m): 12:47pm On Mar 03, 2018
Baruwaaaaa:
Please I need information on IGCSE certification(biology).someone wants to help me through a school,but demands that I pay 50k,the problem is I have not meet the person one on one.He said I should send money online that he will give me login details.
This is very urgent please
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by hermosa7: 12:50pm On Mar 03, 2018
Baruwaaaaa:

You want to pay someone you don't know and haven't met at all?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Baruwaaaaa(m): 12:56pm On Mar 03, 2018
That is the problem,but I need the certificate badly
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Xtine22(m): 1:15pm On Mar 03, 2018
Please house I need a teaching job in English and literature. I stay in Abuja and I can still teach at Ibadan because I have a place to stay there. I have a degree in English and a PGDE with 4years teaching experience.kindly reach me on
NB: I can relocate anywhere if need be

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Kaysalas(m): 2:48pm On Mar 03, 2018
dada:
no no no

i did my pgde with nti also finished 2015 jan
and i have my certificate collected from nti office ogba.
you only face issues like this if you have carry overs

please bro, i am at a cross road right now, torn between NTI Ogba and NOUN(i dread that Noun, yes 40k, but na compulsory handout money dem go take kill person). how long did it take to get your certificate after completing the programme? and is the form currently on sale at ogba office? kindly answer asap
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Ezi39: 3:28pm On Mar 04, 2018
Mike4S:
WHY YOU DID NOT GET THAT JOB DESPITE PUTTING THE BEST EFFORT.

You should know that most private schools are not after who knows it most. So don't worry yourself for not being considered in that interview. Most proprietors need those who can meet their demands, so they always surround themselves with people that will stroke up their ego as they need occasional blandishment.
Below are some reasons why you did not get that teaching job even after putting up an excellent performance:

1. Most external exam officers are not immune from bribery: What a travesty of education! This particular trend has contributed to the negligence of those teachers that are experienced enough. This is because criminal-minded exam officers collect bribe from schools and open way for exam malpractice. The proprietors who rely on such exam officers don't care if you finished first class. To them anybody can do it provided the right answer is supplied to the students during exams.

2. Fear of your threatening profile: Opportunities are always open for experienced and brilliant teachers. This has made proprietors to doubt the durability of such teachers. Fear of short stay which parents always complain about may cause the rejection of the best performers in an interview.

3. Laissez faire attitude of TRCN: Despite the public's cries for TRCN investigation into the trends in Nigerian education, the body's response has been slow and piecemeal at best. Suffice it to say that correcting the 'all comers affair' syndrome that most proprietors have branded teaching is not the major thrust of the Teachers' Ruling Council of Nigeria (TRCN). This body has not been doing its primary duties which is separating 'made' teachers from 'born' teachers. This negligence has empowered many proprietors to throw open teaching to every Dick, Tom and Harry. You know what that mean. Those who the owner choose are the one they employ irrespective of their execrable performance.

4. Your rectitude of moral: If you quibble on moral ground during your interview, some proprietors may be worried on how you can cooperate when it comes to number one above. Don't forget that teachers are allowed to conduct exams alongside WAEC/NECO exam officers. Those who are on duty with the exam officers are the ones to supply the 'expo' and you that is the subject master will be the one to prepare the 'expo.' They will ask you some tricky questions to test if you can partake in such shady deal. Such question cannot be direct but it is known with the popular bible verse that says "by their fruit we shall know them." You know you must exude confidence if you hope to succeed in an interview and you cannot do it without saying who you are. When you are faced with an ethical dilemma of either lying or saying the truth, if you are the upright type you will always go for the former. So your ingenuous habit of constantly telling the truth can deny you that job if the proprietor is the type that hates truth.
An example of such question is when you are constantly asked how many passed under your tutelage in the external exam they took.

This is not to say that it is obtainable in every private secondary school. It is based on my experience on the interviews I had honoured before.
This particular trend has caused many their job in private secondary schools. Some proprietors can engage in any perfidy in order to move their school forward. Proprietors should act now because parents that are pushing them to perform did not ask them to aid and abet exam malpractice.

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Ossaifamous(m): 3:27am On Mar 05, 2018
avicky:

Feel free to think that way. During my service year, there were schools in Osun state ran on corpers ...
Mosts had no b.ed

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Evathyst(f): 10:23am On Mar 05, 2018
Baruwaaaaa:
Bros, calm down nau. Haba? undecided

There's nothing like login details when it comes to IGCSE certification, the dude wants to scam you.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 05, 2018
We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: Account/Administrative Assistant

Job Description
You will need a clear understanding of how young children learn, lots of creative ideas and the ability to work closely with parents, teachers and other professionals.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced accounting personnel preferably in a school setting.
Job Requirements/Qualifications
Required experience:
Preferably minimum of 2 years accounting/adminstrative experience in a school setting.
The preferred candidate should have minimum of OND, HND, B.Sc in Accounting.
Skills:
Must be computer literate, with a good command and understanding of Microsoft office especially excel
Must be competent and experienced in using an accounting software.
Must have a very sound financial accounting skills.
Must have the the ability to work effectively and communicate clearly with children and parents.
Must have an extremely good command of both spoken and written English Language.
Must live in Ibadan or willing to relocate.
Must be patient, expressive, resourceful, responsible artistic, adaptable, humorous, and above all must love and enjoy working with young children.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2018.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: careers@britishpreparatoryschool.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 05, 2018
Our Academy needs Part time (work from home) Examiners and Moderators in the following Areas of Studies:

1. Business Administration or Management / Education Administration & Management / Economics Examiners (2 slots) :
(a) First Degree or HND with minimum of Second Upper Class or Upper Credit and also
(b) possess a minimum of Masters Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Project Management, Management, Human Resource Management, Education Management, Marketing from a recognized University or Polytechnic. Interested applicants should have a good IT skills, setting examinations online and answering student queries directed at them. A little or more web management and content development skills using LearnPress Learning Management System powered by WordPress will be an added advantage.
Preference will be given to Lagos Residents. You should be between 25 years through 45 years old.
PhD qualified candidates will be given high priority.

2. Mass Communication / Sociology / International Relations and Diplomacy Examiners (2 slots) :
(a) First Degree or HND with minimum of Second Upper Class or Upper Credit and also
(b) possess a minimum of Masters Degree in Mass Communication, International Relations and Diplomacy, Sociology from a recognized University or Polytechnic. Interested applicants should have a good IT skills, setting examinations online and answering student queries directed at them. A little or more web management and content development skills using LearnPress Learning Management System powered by WordPress will be an added advantage.
Preference will be given to Lagos Residents.
You should be between 25 years through 45 years old.

3. Computer Science or Engineering / Information & Technology Management / Mathematics Examiners (2 slots) :
(b) possess a minimum of Masters Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Information & Technology Management, Mathematics, Software Development from a recognized University or Polytechnic.
Interested applicants should have a good IT skills, setting examinations online and answering student queries directed at them. A little or more web management and content development skills using LearnPress Learning Management System powered by WordPress will be an added advantage.

4. Accounting / Banking & Finance / Financial Management / Chartered Accountant Examiners (2 slots) :
(b) possess a minimum of Masters Degree in Accounting, Mathematics, Banking & Finance, Financial Management from a recognized University or Polytechnic.
Interested applicants should have a good IT skills, setting examinations online and answering student queries directed at them. A little or more web management and content development skills using LearnPress Learning Management System powered by WordPress will be an added advantage.
Preference will be given to Lagos Residents. You should be between 25 years through 45 years old. PhD qualified candidates will be given high priority.

5. Law / English / English Literature / Sociology Examiners (2 slots) :
(a) First Degree with minimum of Second Upper Class and also
(b) possess a minimum of Masters Degree in English, Law, English Literature from a recognized University or Polytechnic. Interested applicants should have a good IT skills, setting examinations online and answering student queries directed at them.
A little or more web management and content development skills using LearnPress Learning Management System powered by WordPress will be an added advantage.

HOW TO APPLY:

Send your CV to: info@teba.com.ng
Call us on: 09081108687
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 1:34pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ossaifamous:

Feel free to think that way. During my service year, there were schools in Osun state ran on corpers ...
Mosts had no b.ed
Osun state ko? State of O half, baba hafusa, Aregbese... I am not surprised. In a land of the blind, a one-eyed man is king.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by purityval(m): 1:36pm On Mar 05, 2018
Evathyst:
Bros, calm down nau. Haba? undecided

There's nothing like login details when it comes to IGCSE certification, the dude wants to scam you.

Hi....... I have been trying to get in touch with you.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Evathyst(f): 8:43pm On Mar 05, 2018
purityval:

Hi....... I have been trying to get in touch with you.
Really? And I'm here wondering whether you miss me or not!

Awwww! that's so sweet of you. kiss
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by babajeje123(m): 9:58pm On Mar 05, 2018
Baruwaaaaa:
Don't even try it else, your money will enter voice mail. IGCSE training is more than that and you need to be teaching in a British school before you can participate. You can google caie for more info or visit a British council in your location.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by purityval(m): 5:39am On Mar 06, 2018
Evathyst:
Really? And I'm here wondering whether you miss me or not!

Awwww! that's so sweet of you. kiss

Jeeez!!.... Such sweet mouth grin grin. Hope you've been good.

Sent you a PM already......
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Evathyst(f): 7:57am On Mar 06, 2018
purityval:

Jeeez!!.... Such sweet mouth grin grin. Hope you've been good.

Sent you a PM already......
The email I used to open Nairaland don get K-leg o. I doubt I'll be able to access it again.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by purityval(m): 9:36am On Mar 06, 2018
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Pojomojo: 7:56pm On Mar 06, 2018
candidates in a Private Nursery & Primary School, located in Ikorodu (near Ikorodu Grammar school, Ota Ona)
1. Teachers - Min. Qualifications: NCE
2. School Bus Driver with Valid Drivers' license
3. A bus Assistant - SSCE

Remuneration is within the industry average and negotiable!
Any interested person should contact the following number and/ email to indicate his/her interest.
owoniyimarie@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) ... (1042) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.