Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,344 members, 7,957,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:22 AM

Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". (1915 Views)

The Six Catholic Seminarians Lying In State. Rip (Photo) / Catholic Priest Slumps And Dies In Anambra During Church Service / self-service Leads To Homosexuality--watchtower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by italo: 9:19am On Sep 07, 2013
magkhan:

let's tackle this as Christians...drop Catholic doctrines
you are a thief when you steal
you are straight when attracted to the opposite sex(not when you lay with the person)
you are homosexual when (due to no fault of yours)you are not attracted to the opposite sex...
if you are straight (which is a behavioral pattern) and fornicate...its a sin...but if you don't,you are free of sin
if you are gay(behavioral pattern) and lay with your fellow man,its a sin...if you don't in obedience to God,you are free of sin
hope you can relate this to what the pope said..... your sexual orientations doesn't matter(its natural and you can't choose it).but your thoughts and actions is what counts for salvation.if you seek to be good and obey God,you won't be fornicating or practicing anything against Him....believe in God gays because believe me He loves you so much so that every hair on your head is numbered.He doesn't discriminate but frowns and punish all evil practice

Who is this with such wisdom uncommon amongst this generation?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 07, 2013
magkhan:

let's tackle this as Christians...drop Catholic doctrines
you are a thief when you steal
you are straight when attracted to the opposite sex(not when you lay with the person)
you are homosexual when (due to no fault of yours)you are not attracted to the opposite sex...
if you are straight (which is a behavioral pattern) and fornicate...its a sin...but if you don't,you are free of sin
if you are gay(behavioral pattern) and lay with your fellow man,its a sin...if you don't in obedience to God,you are free of sin
hope you can relate this to what the pope said..... your sexual orientations doesn't matter(its natural and you can't choose it).but your thoughts and actions is what counts for salvation.if you seek to be good and obey God,you won't be fornicating or practicing anything against Him....believe in God gays because believe me He loves you so much so that every hair on your head is numbered.He doesn't discriminate but frowns and punish all evil practice

All we have to do then is to get married before we have sex ryt? Since you obviously feel the sexual aspect is everything. Or I could just spend the rest of my life with my partner and decide not to have sex,will u be okay with that?
I mean will all of you against homosexuality be okay if we just decide to date our partners without sex?
Since its the sex that is eating u guys up, will u let homosexuals be if they decide to love each other without sex?
M guessing No

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 07, 2013
Hettymoore:

All we have to do then is to get married before we have sex ryt? Since you obviously feel the sexual aspect is everything. Or I could just spend the rest of my life with my partner and decide not to have sex,will u be okay with that?
I mean will all of you against homosexuality be okay if we just decide to date our partners without sex?
Since its the sex that is eating u guys up, will u let homosexuals be if they decide to love each other without sex?
M guessing No

do you by any chance understand what that man wrote up there, because your defense is on the opposite
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by HezronLorraine(m): 12:45pm On Sep 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

do you by any chance understand what that man wrote up there, because your defense is on the opposite
she shouldn't have made him the target but clearly she's replying a piece in his post and she's got a valid point.
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

I understand,he supports his pope.
And is okay with homosexuals so long as they don't act on it. So long as you are not true to ursef,so long as you don't have sex with your partner.
Or is there more?

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 07, 2013
Hettymoore:
And is okay with homosexuals so long as they don't act on it. So long as you are not true to ursef,so long as you don't have sex with your partner.
Or is there more?

Okay, good, so with this being said, what do you consider a sin..is it the Temptation or the act being committed..? because what you just explained is a clear understanding of temptation...is Temptation a sin..?
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 07, 2013
The lady with the handle "magkhan" was saying it is okay to have the feeling if you dont act on it. Aint that also a delusion? The simple truth is whatever rules your mind is what you do. If such "thinking/attraction" persists, it will lead to the act. Which still has the same effect on the long run.
Its not okay to be attracted. Here is a verse for you that explains that if you have the attraction in your mind, it will lead to the act.
" Since these people refused even to think about God, he
let their useless minds rule
over them. That’s why they
do all sorts of indecent things." Rom 1:28 CEV

Hope you read that? And i think this is a double standard on display. Someone said the pope said what Christ said because he is Christ like. Meaning all popes are Christ like. Fine! I aint arguing that. But am sure most of you also supported the last pope on the same issue. How can two pope have two different view on an issue. One must be wrong. Here is an excerpt from the OP.
While Francis'
predecessor Benedict
XVI was an extreme opponent of
gay rights - once
describing
homosexuality as a
"defection of human
nature" - the most recent Pope has
expressed his tolerance
towards
homosexuality.
So which Pope was wrong?
All this pope did was to pet sin and encouraged it. Jesus would look at a sinner and tell him, "it doesnt matter"? What a joke.
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 07, 2013
idnoble135: The lady with the handle "magkhan" was saying it is okay to have the feeling if you dont act on it. Aint that also a delusion? The simple truth is whatever rules your mind is what you do. If such "thinking/attraction" persists, it will lead to the act. Which still has the same effect on the long run.
Its not okay to be attracted. Here is a verse for you that explains that if you have the attraction in your mind, it will lead to the act.
" Since these people refused even to think about God, he
let their useless minds rule
over them. That’s why they
do all sorts of indecent things." Rom 1:28 CEV

Hope you read that? And i think this is a double standard on display. Someone said the pope said what Christ said because he is Christ like. Meaning all popes are Christ like. Fine! I aint arguing that. But am sure most of you also supported the last pope on the same issue. How can two pope have two different view on an issue. One must be wrong. Here is an excerpt from the OP.

So which Pope was wrong?
All this pope did was to pet sin and encouraged it. Jesus would look at a sinner and tell him, "it doesnt matter"? What a joke.

Why would you condemn a man just because he was Tempted..?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 07, 2013
And the way the conversation is turning is interesting. The thing here is, i have nothing against the Pope, but on this issue, i believe he is wrong.
Its my view.
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

Why would you condemn a man just because he was Tempted..?
No! I'd instead tell him not to give in and to fight off the attraction/emotion which you rightly call "temptation". Rather than, give him false hope and then say "it does not matter". God is indeed a patient God!
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

Okay, good, so with this being said, what do you consider a sin..is it the Temptation or the act being committed..? because what you just explained is a clear understanding of temptation...is Temptation a sin..?
Do you mean the desire to feel and be intimate with my partner? No,its not a sin.
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 07, 2013
Hettymoore:
Do you mean the desire to feel and be intimate with my partner? No,its not a sin.

I am glad you accepted that.
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 07, 2013
Whose side are u on?
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 07, 2013
Whose side are u on?
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 07, 2013
idnoble135:
No! I'd instead tell him not to give in and to fight off the attraction/emotion which you rightly call "temptation". Rather than, give him false hope and then say "it does not matter". God is indeed a patient God!

Good one, the man in this situation is a priest and is bound to be Tempted, and so the response given by the Pope means a lot more than just our own imagination, it doesn't matter about being a homosexual might mean something else in essence from what we think it is, be good according to the Pope might also have more meaning than what we think of it because we are not in that same situation..so many words holds great meaning when we are not able to delude them, just as so many words in the Bible are being misinterpreted just because of lack of appropriate delusion
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 07, 2013
Hettymoore: Whose side are u on?
He's on the Pope's side.
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 07, 2013
idnoble135:
He's on the Pope's side.
Obviously,tnx.
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

Good one, the man in this situation is a priest and is bound to be Tempted, and so the response given by the Pope means a lot more than just our own imagination, it doesn't matter about being a homosexual might mean something else in essence from what we think it is, be good according to the Pope might also have more meaning than what we think of it because we are not in that same situation..so many words holds great meaning when we are not able to delude them, just as so many words in the Bible are being misinterpreted just because of lack of appropriate delusion
Like, i expected anything less. Whatever!
I judge no man! Everything will be laid bare before the throne.
My talking will not even get to the Pope. But i hope His conscience through the Holy Spirit, is clear over that statement, then its ok then. But i? I hold my peace.
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by magkhan(f): 8:43pm On Sep 07, 2013
Hettymoore:
Or is there more?

number one...am a lady
number two...my post is for the homosexual man or woman who admits that it's wrong and wants to reconcile with God,not someone seeking to justify his or her actions...No
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by magkhan(f): 8:53pm On Sep 07, 2013
idnoble135:

you first have to understand that nobody can choose his sexual orientations...you need to cut gays some slack especially those trying their best to obey God...
you sir,is either married,having a girlfriend,or waiting till marriage...bottom line,you get to have sex and fulfill your desires as acceptable by God in marriage...
a gay person can't do that.he is not attracted to the opposite sex,neither are they permitted to indulge themselves ever.God hates such...so kind sir,can you imagine their pain?
if God had not said its a sin,would you have condemned it?
a gay seeking God suffers much and the least you can do is embrace and encourage them just as the pope is doing...

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 07, 2013
magkhan:

number one...am a lady
number two...my post is for the homosexual man or woman who admits that it's wrong and wants to reconcile with God,not someone seeking to justify his or her actions...No

I get number one but as for number two,we are both saying the same thing so no need for correction.
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Syncan(m): 11:19pm On Sep 07, 2013
magkhan:

you first have to understand that nobody can choose his sexual orientations...you need to cut gays some slack especially those trying their best to obey God...
you sir,is either married,having a girlfriend,or waiting till marriage...bottom line,you get to have sex and fulfill your desires as acceptable by God in marriage...
a gay person can't do that.he is not attracted to the opposite sex,neither are they permitted to indulge themselves ever.God hates such...so kind sir,can you imagine their pain?
if God had not said its a sin,would you have condemned it?
a gay seeking God suffers much and the least you can do is embrace and encourage them just as the pope is doing...

again I agree.
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by italo: 7:06am On Sep 08, 2013
Hettymoore:
Or is there more?

Same way we have nothing against a "thief,""murderer,""murderer" so long as they dont act on their sinful inclinations.
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 08, 2013
italo:

Same way we have nothing against a "thief,""murderer,""murderer" so long as they dont act on their sinful inclinations.
Its funny how u can compare homosexuality to murder and stealing.
If I steal from smone I'm hurting the person,if I kill someone I'm hurting the person also. Now pls who am I hurting falling in love with someone of the same sex?

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by rabbinisha: 9:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
undecided[email][/email][size=8pt][/size][color=#006600][/color]
I think the pope forgot the bible when he mentioned that.
God is against homosexuality.
This is what God said about it You shall not lie
with a man, as with a woman : its an abomination. " LEVITICUS 18:22 KJV

Just in case anyone asks for new testament proof, here is it.
"26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts.
Even their women exchanged
natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned
natural relations with women
and were inflamed with lust
for one another. Men
committed shameful acts with
other men, and received in themselves the due penalty
for their error." ROMANS 1:26-27

What the pope is doing is deception.
Lemme keep stop here. But God never endorsed it. If the pope endorsed it, then he did not speak for God.
Thats why i tell folks, read the bible for yourself. Too much falsehood and doctrines being peddled every day. Forget man and read your bible. No man will give account for you before God.
[img]

natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned
for one another. Men

Lemme keep stop here. But God never endorsed it. If the pope endorsed it, then he did not speak for God.
Thats why i tell folks, read the bible for yourself. Too much falsehood and doctrines being peddled every day. Forget man and read your bible. No man will give account for you before God.
[/img]

for one another. Men

Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by rabbinisha: 9:19pm On Sep 01, 2014
dats right bro
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by rabbinisha: 9:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
no need to say much u guys , I think he also gets sam.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Stops A Tornado In The Philippines. / US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay / Muslim Leaders Storm Church, Move Christians To Tears With Their Shocking Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.