Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay (1866 Views)

Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood / Body Of Herbalist Refuses To Decay, 13 Years After Burial, Turns Museum / Lady About To Wed Drowned By Flood At Adoration Ministry Uke, Anambra (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by Barywhyte(m): 10:59pm On Sep 01, 2015
A county clerk in Kentucky refused to provide marriage licenses to gay couples Tuesday despite a Supreme Court injunction, saying that she was operating “under the authority of God.”

Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis had stopped issuing all marriage certificates in mid-August following the high court’s landmark June 26 ruling legalizing gay marriage in the United States.

Davis had filed suit in federal court, arguing that her Christian religious beliefs should exempt her from the ruling. A federal judge however disagreed.

Davis appealed the ruling to the Supreme Court and sought an emergency stay, but the court rejected her motion.

On Tuesday, at least two gay couples entered the small county courthouse in Morehead, Kentucky demanding that Davis issue them marriage licenses. They were trailed by television cameras, reporters and gay rights activists.

“We are not issuing marriage licences today,” Davis said, according to footage recorded by a reporter for the local Courier-Journal newspaper.

“Under whose authority?” demanded one of the men seeking to get married. He accused Davis of discrimination.

“Under God’s authority,” she replied.

“My beliefs cannot be separated from me,” Davis added. “I’m willing to face my consequences, as you all will face your consequences when it comes time for judgment.”

When the couples said they would not leave until they were issued a license, Davis said: “Then you’re going to have a long day.”

Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear in July ordered all county clerks to obey the Supreme Court’s ruling and allow same-sex marriages to take place, or resign.

On Tuesday the American Civil Liberties Union filed a motion to find Davis in contempt of court for refusing to issue the licenses. ACLU said the court set a contempt hearing for Thursday.

“This is overwhelming. It feels ridiculous,” said David Moore, who with his partner David Ermold was turned away by Davis, according to the daily.

“Who has to go through this to get married? This is 2015. This is America,” Moore added. “This is what we pay taxes for — to be treated like this.”

Until the US Supreme Court’s historic June ruling, the country’s 50 states formed a legal patchwork: some states had already legalized gay marriage, while others were forced to do so by federal courts, and others had continued to ban it.

http://www.punchng.com/news/us-clerk-refuses-to-wed-gays/
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by ayokunlei(m): 11:03pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ok
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by Jeromejnr(m): 11:04pm On Sep 01, 2015
No one will escape judgement day. No one.
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by Barywhyte(m): 11:30pm On Sep 01, 2015
Jeromejnr:
No one will escape judgement day. No one.

Absolutely! No one. I love her gut. Standing alone in the middle of wolves.

1 Like

Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by sugarvallly(f): 11:42pm On Sep 01, 2015
wow, what a courageous lady.i know God is on her side
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by onetrack(m): 9:00am On Sep 02, 2015
I find it amusing that she has been divorced three times and had kids by her future 3rd husband while still married to her 2nd husband.

1 Like

Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by menesheh(m): 9:05am On Sep 02, 2015
onetrack:
I find it amusing that she has been divorced three times and had kids by her future 3rd husband while still married to her 2nd husband.

I wonder oo, even if there is a god, did she think she can trick such god. Her case have been a hitting issue on social media.

She forgot that she's working for US government not god.
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by onetrack(m): 10:37am On Sep 02, 2015
menesheh:

I wonder oo, even if there is a god, did she think she can trick such god. Her case have been a hitting issue on social media.

She forgot that she's working for US government not god.

Unfortunately reasoning with such people does not work. She may need to go to jail.
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by Barywhyte(m): 11:22am On Sep 02, 2015
onetrack:

And what has this got to do with her rejection or disdain for homo marriages? At least she is not involved in lesbianism or other abomination. Her faith as a Christian forbid issuing such terrible document to gay people. She can resign tho if she can't continue to do the job.

I can smell homos on this thread.

Disdainful

2 Likes

Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by onetrack(m): 11:41am On Sep 02, 2015
Barywhyte:

And what has this got to do with her rejection or disdain for homo marriages? At least she is not involved in lesbianism or other abomination. Her faith as a Christian forbid issuing such terrible document to gay people. She can resign tho if she can't continue to do the job.

Disdainful

Just pointing out her hypocrisy, which religious people tend to have by the boatload. Her marital history is entirely relevant because she is casting stones at other people while living in sexual sin. She needs to leave her current husband and go back to her first one in order to be taken seriously.

I can smell homos on this thread.

Ad hominem? The last refuge of someone with no argument.

And you smell atheists on this thread; how would you know what a homosexual smells like anyway.
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by Barywhyte(m): 12:10pm On Sep 02, 2015
onetrack:

Just pointing out her hypocrisy, which religious people tend to have by the boatload. Her marital history is entirely relevant because she is casting stones at other people while living in sexual sin. She needs to leave her current husband and go back to her first one in order to be taken seriously.

Ad hominem? The last refuge of someone with no argument.

And you smell atheists on this thread; how would you know what a homosexual smells like anyway.

Homosexuality is evil; devilish, ungodly and hell-bound. Fight it if you can. That's what we are talking. There is no hypocrisy in her life. If her first marriage doesn't work out, she can, if she so desire, seek another, as long as she is not involved in homo.

Am not atheist. Will never be one ok.
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by onetrack(m): 7:45pm On Sep 02, 2015
Barywhyte:

Homosexuality is evil; devilish, ungodly and hell-bound. Fight it if you can. That's what we are talking. There is no hypocrisy in her life. If her first marriage doesn't work out, she can, if she so desire, seek another, as long as she is not involved in homo.

Just saying that under Biblical law she should be stoned.
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by Barywhyte(m): 8:18pm On Sep 02, 2015
onetrack:

Just saying that under Biblical law she should be stoned.

U can do that in Afghanistan or Syria. Jesus told that prostitute "go and sin no more. Neither did I condemn you"
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by onetrack(m): 8:45pm On Sep 02, 2015
Barywhyte:

U can do that in Afghanistan or Syria. Jesus told that prostitute "go and sin no more. Neither did I condemn you"

Would you support her if she refused to marry interracial couples citing her religious beliefs?
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by Barywhyte(m): 8:51pm On Sep 02, 2015
onetrack:

Would you support her if she refused to marry interracial couples citing her religious beliefs?

She can marry whosoever she like as long as the person is not woman. I can see you sweating defending homos which means that you are one.

I can't understand homos. Men marrying men and women marrying women: I can't understand it
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by onetrack(m): 8:57pm On Sep 02, 2015
Barywhyte:

She can marry whosoever she like as long as the person is not woman. I can see you sweating defending homos which means that you are one.

And you are a woman for defending her. Thanks for playing. cheesy
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by mrZENographer: 3:28am On Sep 03, 2015
nonreligous people tend to become 90% homos. It's not good to be nonreligous.
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by mrZENographer: 3:31am On Sep 03, 2015
That woman is better than all her condemners on this thread. She can boldly face the reproach of Christ but how many of you can. You would immediately scamper away like rats.

disdainful.
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by bxcode(m): 6:23am On Sep 03, 2015
Jesus died even for people like them.....
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by adexsimply(m): 6:25am On Sep 03, 2015
Barywhyte:

Mark 10:12 ESV 

And if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.”

You christians are just stark hypocrites. The fact that you don't find a problem with her being an "Adulteress(according to your holy book) is not only hypocritical, it shows how hatred has eaten deep into your mind. Double standard at its peak
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by adexsimply(m): 6:35am On Sep 03, 2015
Barywhyte:

Why don't you channel your strength into a fight against something that's detrimental to your fellow human? Rape? Murder?
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by Barywhyte(m): 7:13am On Sep 03, 2015
adexsimply:

Why don't you channel your strength into a fight against something that's detrimental to your fellow human? Rape? Murder?

We fight every evil including those you mentioned + homos. Homos is dentrimental to my thinking and psychology
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by adexsimply(m): 7:14am On Sep 03, 2015
Barywhyte:

We fight every evil including those you mentioned + homos. Homos is dentrimental to my thinking and psychology
How's it detrimental to your thinking and psychology?
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by Barywhyte(m): 7:20am On Sep 03, 2015
adexsimply:

Mark 10:12 ESV 

And if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.”

You christians are just stark hypocrites. The fact that you don't find a problem with her being an "Adulteress(according to your holy book) is not only hypocritical, it shows how hatred has eaten deep into your mind. Double standard at its peak

Did you not read that she did that while she wasn't a born again xtian? Now she claim to be born again and she has left her life of sin. I expect you to condemn this eveil called homos but instead you are digging into her history to find something to tarnish her image. @adexsimply are you homo? Get outta that evil.
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by adexsimply(m): 7:23am On Sep 03, 2015
Barywhyte:

Did you not read that she did that while she wasn't a born again xtian? Now she claim to be born again and she has left her life of sin. I expect you to condemn this eveil called homos but instead you are digging into her history to find something to tarnish her image. @adexsimply are you homo? Get outta that evil.
Okay, she was not born again? Have you heard of the word "restitution"? My sexual orientation is not the subject of discourse here, is it?
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by Barywhyte(m): 7:24am On Sep 03, 2015
adexsimply:
How's it detrimental to your thinking and psychology?

Guy I can't understand a man f*ckin a man and a woman purgin another woman. Its totally unnatural, ungodly and it can only be evil. Its psychologically disturbing thinkin about it
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by Barywhyte(m): 7:28am On Sep 03, 2015
adexsimply:
Okay, she was not born again? Have you heard of the word "restitution"? My sexual orientation is not the subject of discourse here, is it?

It is my guy. If you are not condemning an evil, then you are tactically in support of it. And who told you that she hasn't done restitution or how did you know that she has at least not tried to make restitution? If you are proud of your sexual orientation, then answer my question: Are you homo?
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by adexsimply(m): 7:30am On Sep 03, 2015
Barywhyte:

Guy I can't understand a man f*ckin a man and a woman purgin another woman. Its totally unnatural, ungodly and it can only be evil. Its psychologically disturbing thinkin about it
You did not answer my question. How's it "detrimental" to your psychology and thinking?
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by Barywhyte(m): 7:32am On Sep 03, 2015
adexsimply:
You did not answer my question. How's it "detrimental" to your psychology and thinking?

I already did in one of those posts. Now you answer me: Are you homo? because if you are, then there is no need for all this
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by adexsimply(m): 7:36am On Sep 03, 2015
Barywhyte:

It is my guy. If you are not condemning an evil, then you are tactically in support of it. And who told you that she hasn't done restitution or how did you know that she has at least not tried to make restitution? If you are proud of your sexual orientation, then answer my question: Are you homo?
You are wrong. If the woman is not back with her first husband, she is an Adulteress. There's no other explanation or excuse.
Matthew 7: 
4"Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye?
5"You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Looking at these verses, the woman has no right to castigate any other "sinner".
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by adexsimply(m): 7:40am On Sep 03, 2015
Barywhyte:

I already did in one of those posts. Now you answer me: Are you homo? because if you are, then there is no need for all this
Ad hominem. I see no correlation between my sexual orientation and our discussion. Now explain to me how homosexuality is detrimental to my fellow human or we accept the fact that you're an hypocrite.
Re: US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay by Barywhyte(m): 7:51am On Sep 03, 2015
adexsimply:

Ad hominem. I see no correlation between my sexual orientation and our discussion. Now explain to me how homosexuality is detrimental to my fellow human or we accept the fact that you're an hypocrite.

Bro, like your moniker, I require a simple "Yes" or "No": Are you homo? Just one word answer

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: / Christian Versus Secular World View / Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.