Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Mugabe Won't Quit! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mugabe Won't Quit! (4678 Views)

Mugabe's Lavish $1m 92nd Birthday Celebration-Photos / 92nd Birthday Cake Robert Mugabe Got From His Staff This Morning (Photos) / Donald Trump Vows– Will Lock Museveni And Mugabe In Prison If I Become President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mugabe Won't Quit! by lipuka(m): 9:05am On Jun 17, 2008
It is now official. MUgabe says he will not allow the opposition to win. And he will not quit if the opposition wins. He says there will be war if the opposition wins.

And the reasons why he won't quit?

The opposition are stooges of the West. And he is a war hero, so he must be allowed to rule.

What more can we say?
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 17, 2008
MUGABE WAS 100% RIGHT .

The opposition are the agent of the West.
can u leaving in england clam a land ?.
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by landis(m): 4:02pm On Jun 17, 2008
I understand Mugabe but he is old.

African Leaders should help him find successor within ZANU PF.

Those opposition has shown clearly; they are agent of the WEST.

WEST eyes are still fixed on Zim Land. It is a lovely country.

Otherwise, OBJ said 'do or die affair' during our election; the same west said nothing.
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by skfa1: 4:05pm On Jun 17, 2008
can u leaving in england clam a land

No
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by eezzy(f): 8:35am On Jun 20, 2008
Sometimes I wonder whether we Africans are ever going to get serious about any issue.
I cannot believe that people actually support Mugabe just because he has a stupid ideology
about whites not owning land in zimbabwe - what about his people who are suffering so
much because of those ridiculous ideologies.  It pains me to see Africans support fickle, selfish
air headed, self serving leaders just because we must stand as Africans.

elodie:

MUGABE WAS 100% RIGHT .

The opposition are the agent of the West.
can u leaving in england clam a land .

What makes what Mugabe did right (100%)?  Huh!? What?!  If he had strategies to sustain the economy
in the way the white farmers had developed it, then of course it would be alright, but we all know that the
only reason why Mugabe kicked them (white farmers) out brutally was to sustain his presidency by pleasing
his people by giving them free land, which they have since failed to manage because of lack of any kind of technical
know how, since no one thought to develop their large scale farming skills in advance before kicking out the whites.

Lets be realistic, a wrong will never be a right even if done by one's own mother.  Mugabe did what he did for
political mileage only and purely for his own benefit and he has since proved that he MUST be president at all
costs despite the great suffering his people are going through - including being killed in south africa. angry
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by Kobojunkie: 8:36am On Jun 20, 2008
roflmao!!!!
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by eezzy(f): 8:47am On Jun 20, 2008
landis:

I understand Mugabe but he is old.

African Leaders should help him find successor within ZANU PF.

Those opposition has shown clearly; they are agent of the WEST.

WEST eyes are still fixed on Zim Land. It is a lovely country.

Otherwise, OBJ said 'do or die affair' during our election; the same west said nothing.

Honestly, what's there to understand about Mugabe? What barometer has been used to measure
the level of the opposition's agency to the west? Zimbabwe is bleeding, and all we think about is the
misconceived idea that Mugabe is a true son of Africa! Abeg! ABEG ABEG!!!!! SHINE YOUR EYES. shocked

Even if the opposition is an agent to the West, if that should bring reprieve and some sanity back to
that beautiful country, it is better than having a president who is ready to see the country flat on its back
without a care for the citizens. Is not this so called 'son of Africa' killing the same Zimbabweans east west and centre
for opposing is skewed views? PALEEEEEEEEASE!
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by Kobojunkie: 8:48am On Jun 20, 2008
ROFLMAO!!! I am in tears here !!! ROFLMAO!!
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by eezzy(f): 9:02am On Jun 20, 2008
Na Wa! for you Kobo.  After you are done crying lets form a
confederacy for the freedom of Zimbabwe wink
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by SkyBlue1: 9:08am On Jun 20, 2008
confederacy for the freedom of Zimbabwe ke. What about confederacy for the freedom of Nigeria?
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by Kobojunkie: 9:09am On Jun 20, 2008
NO NO NO!!!! I don tire.

I am beginning to accept that maybe Africa is not ready for change. I am beginning to think that maybe Zimbabwe is not ready for change. You have read what your fellow Nigerians have posted. If after watching all the atrocities, deaths and human rights violations in Zimbabwe(in the past couple of months alone) human beings with blood running through their own veins, can come up here to post statements as these have so far, makes me wonder if Africa is not exactly where it ought to be. It almost seems many of it's people still have a long way to go before change can be ushered in for the good of all.

Just this week, Zimbabweans took to the street to bully and torture their own in the name of Mugabe. I remember the uproar against the actions of a few South Africans, only a couple of weeks ago. We are, today, watching the same happen in Zimbabwe and not one person has so far come out to put down the actions but you have seen here Nigerians praising Mugabe for the ill treatment of over a thousand of his own; his killing of opposition leaders/members; his arrogance and refusal to step down so his people can live. How can you give freedom to a people who do not seem to need it? How do you give what is not deserved or welcomed??
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by Kobojunkie: 9:15am On Jun 20, 2008
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by eezzy(f): 9:28am On Jun 20, 2008
@kobo

You are so right. Thankfully and hopefully those Mugabe surporters are in the
minorty with the majority of Zimbabweans clammering for some change.

Abi! of a truth, this village mentality of Africans will be the end of us!
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by landis(m): 10:26am On Jun 20, 2008
We have seen all these before: divide and rule tactics.

It was same in Congo with Mobutu, It was same in Angola. It was same with Abacha.

IBB was clever enough; Thatcher actually asked IBB to continue since they benefit from his govt.

It is for Africans to understand and get things right.

The moment UK/US supporting MDC, they created the present Political problem

Naturally, anyone pushed to the wall will fight back.

Way Forward:

UK/US plus CNN should withdraw their hands: they should help the people in DAFUR.

AU should take lead.

Mugabe should be encouraged to look for successor in ZANU PF

Conclusion:
We all want Mugabe out without less human suffering.

But US/UK ready to sacrifice 'Zim people' because of Mugabe. They did that in Iragi.
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by texazzpete(m): 10:50am On Jun 20, 2008
There is no hope for Africa.
Because if people here can express support for a stubborn, illogical dictator who has brought nothing but death, devastation and derision to his country, it shows how reluctant we are for a positive change.

neither Mugabe or you misguided fellows here can prove that his opponents are 'western stooges'. But we can all see without doubt how this maniac has brought ruin to his once prospering country.

And we wonder how people can praise Abacha and Adedibu. See ordinary Nigerians praising Mugabe. Pathetic.
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by LadyT(f): 10:54am On Jun 20, 2008
Mugabe is the black hitler. He must be removed by force and tried for his crimes. He is a monster very wicked and evil. Enough is enough.
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by landis(m): 11:21am On Jun 20, 2008
LadyT:

Mugabe is the black hitler. He must be removed by force and tried for his crimes. He is a monster very wicked and evil. Enough is enough.

indeed.

we all know better about Saddam now. US forces have killed more Iragis than Saddma killed.

Question; why destroy whole country because you dont like one man??

texazzpete:

neither Mugabe or you misguided fellows here can prove that his opponents are 'western stooges'. But we can all see without doubt how this maniac has brought ruin to his once prospering country.

If you dont know that MDC is WESTERN stooge, then you know nothing about Zim.

That said, whats african press doing? why do we continue to rely on BBC, CNN.

I expect Thisday, Guardian to go there and see things first hands and tell us even Al Jazzera doing better.

If we cannot cover african then we deserve whatever news they feed us.
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by SkyBlue1: 11:27am On Jun 20, 2008
It is quite shocking when people continuosly subscribe to play partisan politics and politrickery with human lives even when it is down to the bare essential. Is it not a democracy? But someone is suggesting that a suitable replacement should be found within the Zanu PF party? So what if Zimbabweans don't want Zanu PF? Election results were cast and it took them a month to count it and conveniently it required a run off? So why did it in the past take days for the election results to be announced, are Zanu PF now accepting that those elections were therefore rigged and the people defrauded? Are these claims true or is it just again BBC, CNN, Al Jazeera, NTA and everybody else that are lying? Why is violence then being used by the Zanu PF against the people if the party is so confident that it enjoys the suport of the people?
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by dudubobo1: 11:29am On Jun 20, 2008
That's true. we need to organise ourselves well enough to have our own correspondents reporting news to us. Not western media with their own agenda. Maybe then we'll have clearer pictures and be able to have less divided opinions. The western press will never give you news that will be damaging to their own societies. Those kind of news are quickly washed away.

Example: BAE deals
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by dudubobo1: 11:31am On Jun 20, 2008
Was the Zanu PF not really helped to vistory by Britain?
These westerners always think things will remain the same forever. They instal their friends as puppets in developing countries and then when there is a disagreement, they re-label their ex friends.
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by landis(m): 12:03pm On Jun 20, 2008
dudu-bobo:

Was the Zanu PF not really helped to vistory by Britain?
These westerners always think things will remain the same forever. They instal their friends as puppets in developing countries and then when there is a disagreement, they re-label their ex friends.

exactly. thats the whole point.

until africans can wake-up to this reality.

Abacha killed max 20people. Hell Broke loose because he chased away BA, he never gives a damn about UK/US.

OBJ wiped out ODI-Village nothing happened because $30bill is deposited as foreign reservee with UK.

So long you doin their bidding, they part you on the back and our people cannot see beyond this.

So long you dont do their bidding, they label you and African who cant read between the line accept such.

Mbeki knew this; thats why he is threading carefully.

Point:
Mugabe is old and over stay his welcome. We dont need CNN/US/UK to tell us this.

But the process to ease him out must not bring suffering to his people.

They need to encourage him to leave not attack(he will attack back) him to leave.

End of the day; IT IS BLACK FACES SUFFERING.
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by LadyT(f): 12:35pm On Jun 20, 2008
Oh sorry were you there to personally see the number of people Abacha killed?

People get real. Mugabe removed white farmers since then what the hell has he been doing with the land Why are people starving? Why is everythin so expensive? You do know thier rate of inflation hit 17,000% at one stage. They had to produce a 1billion dollar note. What kind of rubbish is this. You guys need to get a grip and stop crying about the west and look at what your own people are doing to each other!

How sad for blacks to look back and feel it was better under white rule! Disgusting
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by MethodMan3(m): 12:37pm On Jun 20, 2008
I HOPE HE DIES AND ROT THERE!

FUCKING TYRANT

WHEN A MAN THINKS HEZ UNTOUCHABLE AND BELIEVES THE PRESIDENCY IS A LIFETIME ENTITLEMENT!!

THEN HE WOULD SURELY INCURR THE WRATH OF THE ALMIGHTY SOONER OR LATER!!!
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by dudubobo1: 12:50pm On Jun 20, 2008
It is sad if we allow ourselves to get carried away by one thing and fail to see a wholistic picture of an issue.

Mugabe has done a lot of harm to his people through his foolishness. FACT
The western powers have done a lot of harm to Zimbabwe. FACT
The westerners dont care whether or not your people are dying if you do their bidding. FACT.
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by Kobojunkie: 1:19pm On Jun 20, 2008
uuuuggggghhhhhhh!!!!! These are the same people who call for unity in Africa but for their hate for caucasians are willing to endure the suffering and death of millions of their own to prove some stupid point. The lives of the millions who have been displaced; the many who have died of starvation seem to matter less to these as long as their Mugabe continues to "prove" his point to the west. This is all one needs to know that africa is not ready for change . Imagine these same in another breath calling for African unity but willing to sit back and watch these same african brothers die off like cattle just so they can continue to soothe their egos by claiming they score a point or two against the "WHITE MAN" who they unknowingly continue to make masters of their souls?? This is disturbing!!
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by landis(m): 1:36pm On Jun 20, 2008
LadyT:

Oh sorry were you there to personally see the number of people Abacha killed?

People get real. Mugabe removed white farmers since then what the hell has he been doing with the land Why are people starving? Why is everythin so expensive? You do know their rate of inflation hit 17,000% at one stage. They had to produce a 1billion dollar note. What kind of rubbish is this. You guys need to get a grip and stop crying about the west and look at what your own people are doing to each other!

How sad for blacks to look back and feel it was better under white rule! Disgusting

Yes, Mugabe remove the white farmers but nothing wrong in that but if the WEST wanted him to succeed, they would have supported him to get his people off the ground.

Same WEST supported 'the same white farmers' because they love their own more than BLACKs.

They are also doing this to serve as lesson to other countries in Southern Africa who wanted better land retruned to their own people: South Africa, Nambia etc
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by LadyT(f): 1:41pm On Jun 20, 2008
STOP BLAMING THE WEST. MUGABE IS EVIL!!! angry
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by landis(m): 1:46pm On Jun 20, 2008
LadyT:

STOP BLAMING THE WEST. MUGABE IS EVIL!!! angry

yeah, yeah.

white is always good, black is always evil

grin cheesy grin
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by texazzpete(m): 1:56pm On Jun 20, 2008
@landis
I don't know where you got the idea that Mugabe represents the Black Race. But it's a crazy assumption.

You said

Point:
Mugabe is old and over stay his welcome. We don't need CNN/US/UK to tell us this.

But the process to ease him out must not bring suffering to his people.

Are you kidding me? His people are already suffering untold hardship. And we DO need the western media to tell us what's going on; how many NTA correspondents are there in zimbabwe? How many times has NTA showed you the happenings in that country?

zimbabwe was once the food basket of eastern africa. Now they cannot even feed themselves.
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by landis(m): 2:04pm On Jun 20, 2008
texazzpete:

@landis
I don't know where you got the idea that Mugabe represents the Black Race. But it's a crazy assumption.

zimbabwe was once the food basket of eastern africa. Now they cannot even feed themselves.

yeah. same old story. You should always look at the big picture.

who was behind the food basket: whites

who support the whites to be food basket producer: WEST.

if same WEST give same support they give to their brothers to BLACKS when they took over. It will still be success story.

But I see good in this:

If ANY african country cannot feed its people. Let them Die!

When the UK told Ghandi to allow them bring cloths for India. He replied if India cannot cloth its people, let us all Go NAKED.

Today, same India just bought LandRover.
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by dudubobo1: 2:07pm On Jun 20, 2008
landis:

When the UK told Ghandi to allow them bring cloths for India. He replied if India cannot cloth its people, let us all Go NAKED.

I like that. ikoko tio je ata, idi e agbona
Re: Mugabe Won't Quit! by morpheus24: 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2008
landis:

yeah. same old story. You should always look at the big picture.

who was behind the food basket: whites

who support the whites to be food basket producer: WEST.

if same WEST give same support they give to their brothers to BLACKS when they took over. It will still be success story.

But I see good in this:

If ANY african country cannot feed its people. Let them Die!

Landis
I second that opinion whole heartedly.  "Survive or Die" If we can't do it oourselvesthen we don't deserve to exist. As much as I am not in support of many of Mugabe's policies. I fail to believe he truly wants to see the demise of his people.

I fail to see how a lot of people refuse to see things in a wholistic context. The WEST is an empire, like many other empires before it and will support its allies and those who support its world view/Economics. Its SURVIVE OR DIE

I mean why shouldn't Mugabe be allowed to play the by the same rules. Its not like the WEST really care about people dying in Zimbabwe and I don't think all this publicity is because they love the people of Zimbabwe for all they care they can all die of aids or nuke themselves and no westerner will loose sleep over it. Let see it play out and see if History vindicates Mugabe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

First Lady Melania Trump’s Nude Modeling Pictures Goes Viral 18+ / Italy's Berlusconi Steps Down As Prime Minister / US ELECTION: Joe Biden Is Next US President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.