Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,721 members, 7,809,736 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Does The Quran Supports Peace Or Promotes Terrorism? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Does The Quran Supports Peace Or Promotes Terrorism? (1347 Views)

Does The Quran Permit Suicide? / Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Quran Supports Peace Or Promotes Terrorism? by chegx(m): 12:55am On Sep 08, 2013
This article is not intended to mock or critisize Islam & i appologize to anyone who may be offended while reading it. The Quran contains 109 open-ended verses that calls muslims to war against the unbelievers. some of these verses will be quoted in this article. Unfortunately there are very few verses of tollerance & peace to abrogate or even ballance out the many that calls for non-believers to be fought.
Quran(2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good 4 you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not"; not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self defence.
Quran (4:74) - "let those who fight in d way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other, whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him we shall bestow a vast reward"; Here is the theological basis of todays sucide bombers.
Quran (8:12)- "I will cast terror into the heart of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"; I'm sure this cannot be interpreted as a spiritual struggle.
Quran (8:39) - "And fight with them until there is no more Fitna(disorder/unbelief) and religion should be only for Allah"
Islam has been falsely proclaimed by muslims to mean peace. The word Islam, actually means 'submission' it comes from the root Arabic word called 'taslim' in arabic the word for peace is only 'solh'. The main intent of this article is to warn christians who may be fooled int Islam (submission). The founder of islam mohammed had 12 wives and forced 9 year old Aisha into sex (rape) while at his 50s, he also led 27 millitary campaigns against innocent villages and caravans. "I a prophet that laughs when killing my enemy" (hadith).
To good muslims i say "i have sympathy with your having to grow up in a closed society where not embracing Islam would have gotten you shunned or even killed" Quran (4:95)- "not equal are those believers who sit and recieve no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons....." this passage critisizes "peaceful" muslims who do not join in violence, letting them know that they are less worthy.
Jesus already said false prophet would arise who would decieve if possible, the very elect.
YOU MUST BE A CHRISTIAN TO BE SAVED
references for this is found in John 14:6, Acts 4;12 & 26:28, 1 Peter 4:16. Come to jesus christ the way, truth and life if not your eternity is at stake.

1 Like

Re: Does The Quran Supports Peace Or Promotes Terrorism? by REMMEI(m): 2:36am On Sep 08, 2013
OP..can you tell me where you get this please?..
Re: Does The Quran Supports Peace Or Promotes Terrorism? by chegx(m): 7:55am On Sep 08, 2013
REMMEI: OP..can you tell me where you get this please?..
Thereligionofpeace.com
Re: Does The Quran Supports Peace Or Promotes Terrorism? by lanrexlan(m): 10:09pm On Sep 08, 2013
chegx: This article is not intended to mock or critisize Islam & i appologize to anyone who may be offended while reading it. The Quran contains 109 open-ended verses that calls muslims to war against the unbelievers. some of these verses will be quoted in this article. Unfortunately there are very few verses of tollerance & peace to abrogate or even ballance out the many that calls for non-believers to be fought.
All the verses you are quoting are both out of context historically and even in the Quran.
You ought to read verses before and after it.
Quran(2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good 4 you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not"; not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self defence.
Quran (4:74) - "let those who fight in d way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other, whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him we shall bestow a vast reward"; Here is the theological basis of todays sucide bombers.
Quran (8:12)- "I will cast terror into the heart of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"; I'm sure this cannot be interpreted as a spiritual struggle.
Quran (8:39) - "And fight with them until there is no more Fitna(disorder/unbelief) and religion should be only for Allah"
If you wanna learn,you should check the explanations all those verses you and your mentors
quoted here.
http://islamiat101..com/2013/01/misquoted-verses-of-quran.html?m=1
Islam has been falsely proclaimed by muslims to mean peace.The word Islam, actually means 'submission' it comes from the root Arabic word called 'taslim' in arabic the word for peace is only 'solh'.
Stop displaying your ignorance here.Islam comes from the root arabic words SALAM AND ASLAMA which means Peace and submission respectively.So Islam and Peace are derived from the same root word.
The main intent of this article is to warn christians who may be fooled int Islam (submission).The founder of islam mohammed had 12 wives and forced 9 year old Aisha into sex (rape) while at his 50s, he also led 27 millitary campaigns against innocent villages and caravans. "I a prophet that laughs when killing my enemy" (hadith).
Your ignorance is pathetic and pitiable.You are a fan of copy and paste.
To good muslims i say "i have sympathy with your having to grow up in a closed society where not embracing Islam would have gotten you shunned or even killed" Quran (4:95)- "not equal are those believers who sit and recieve no hurt,and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons....." this passage critisizes "peaceful" muslims who do not join in violence,letting them know that they are less worthy.
I am laughing,did you know why that verse was revealed?
Jesus already said false prophet would arise who would decieve if possible, the very elect.
YOU MUST BE A CHRISTIAN TO BE SAVED
references for this is found in John 14:6, Acts 4;12 & 26:28, 1 Peter 4:16. Come to jesus christ the way,truth and life if not your eternity is at stake.
Unfortunately for you christians,there is no paradise for you.The biblical paradise is meant for the children of Israel[Revelation 21:10-21,Revelation 22:2].The biblical god is the god of Israel.
Blessed be the Lord of Israel (2 Chronicle 6:4)
And what other nation on the earth is like your people Israel when God went to redeem to be his own people to make thee a name of greatness and terribleness(1 Chronicle 17:21)
And people will have to know that I am in the midst of Israel and my people shall never be ashamed (Joel 2:27)
Blessed be Lord of the God of Israel from time indefinite to time indefinite (Psalm 106:48)
Happy you are O Israel who is there like you,a people enjoying salvation in Jehovah,the shield of your help and the one who is your eminent sword (Deuteronomy 33:29{NWT})
Hear this word that Jehovah has spoken concerning you,O son of Israel… You people only have I known out of all the families on the earth(Amos 3:1-2)

All together those who are to enter this Paradise has even been numbered,they are only 144,000!!:
Revelation 14:1-4-And I looked and lo a lamb stood on the mount Zion and with him an hundred forty and four thousand having his father’s name written on their foreheads…These were redeemed from among men,being the first fruits unto God and to the Lamb..
Islam has salvation for you,embrace the religion of peace.
Allah says in Surah Az-Zumar 39:17-18 -Those who eschew Taghut (false god) and fall not into its worship and turn to Allah for them is Good News.So announce the Good News(Paradise) to my servants.Those who listen to the word and follow the best of it......Peace

1 Like

Re: Does The Quran Supports Peace Or Promotes Terrorism? by maclatunji: 6:41am On Sep 13, 2013
chegx: Thereligionofpeace.com

You went to an antiIslamic website to copy misinformation. You can get yourself an English translation of the Holy Quran with commentary and read for yourself. You don't need to be ignorant.

It is basic intelligence to read a story in whole rather than take an excerpt and assume you know the entire story. You guys might quote a single verse in a series or part of a verse and twist the interpretation to suit yourselves.

That is nothing more than deception and mischief.

(1) (Reply)

Timurid Dynasty / Aishat Obi, Muslim Woman Promoting Islam With False Conversion Story Busted! / Donations Towards Assisting 6 Children Mrs. Aminat O. Fahm Left Behind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.