Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,175 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Was The Virgin Mary Really Born Without Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was The Virgin Mary Really Born Without Sin? (536 Views)

Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 / "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" / Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was The Virgin Mary Really Born Without Sin? by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:31pm On Sep 08, 2013
I came across a thread here where Catholics are celebrating today as the birthday of the virgin Mary. Among the posts there, I saw one that made a claim that Mary was born without original sin. I asked a question there for the Catholics in the house to educate me about this claim using scriptures and not human ideologies but unfortunately, the mod is too busy hiding any post that is not exalting Mary in that thread and mine was one of such. So, here I am, with my own thread. I'd like only REASONABLE CATHOLICS to comment and share their views and quote scriptures backing it up. Please, no name calling, insults or fanatically ideologies please. I myself was a Catholic and was an altarboy in training before I left the Catholic church due to my personal convictions. As much as I respect each and everyone's convictions, I'd love to understand the rationale behind it and as a Christian, I believe the only rationale behind our convictions is Jesus Christ and nothing else. So please, let's hear it from you guys. Thanks.
Re: Was The Virgin Mary Really Born Without Sin? by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:33pm On Sep 08, 2013
Mods, try not to block or hide this thread as well.
Re: Was The Virgin Mary Really Born Without Sin? by deeobserver209(m): 2:06pm On Sep 08, 2013
For all have sinned an fall short to the glory of God. Rom 3:23
Re: Was The Virgin Mary Really Born Without Sin? by donotsin: 4:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
Till date no one ever existing is born free from the impact of the original sin of Adam & Eve which created sinful tendency in man.Only constant prayers & other spiritual sacrifices brings grace to overcome this tendency.Jesus is the only one that ever existed on earth without original sin.
Re: Was The Virgin Mary Really Born Without Sin? by henryskywalker2003(m): 9:46pm On Sep 08, 2013
@deeobserver209, thanks for your input.
@do-not-sin, that's true. But I would love you to shed more light on why you feel so. Can you drop some scriptural references. Thanks.
Re: Was The Virgin Mary Really Born Without Sin? by Kobojunkie: 3:13am On Mar 15
donotsin:
Till date no one ever existing is born free from the impact of the original sin of Adam & Eve which created sinful tendency in man.Only constant prayers & other spiritual sacrifices brings grace to overcome this tendency.Jesus is the only one that ever existed on earth without original sin.
Rather, everyone in this world, including Jesus Christ, was born under the impact of the curse that was placed on Adam and Eve by God. Genesis 3 vs 16 in particular makes certain that all born through a woman are born via the curse into this world. Jesus Christ came into the world via that curse and so had to suffer like everyone else to earn God's approval by way of His Law/Will in the land of Israel(Judah at the time). undecided

(1) (Reply)

Gays And Lesbian's Can Make Heaven- Pope Francis / The Mighty Sacrifice / I Spoke Out,and Found Out That Am Now "Free"....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.